As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »
    Do you think Vince likes the money more, because its blood money?

Blood money is good shit, pal.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The only news in that announcement is it’s going through ‘27

Which actually isn’t even news because that was the original planned year the deal was always to go through

This is just to make it look like there are no issues. As was the talent meeting today https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/drnuag/notes_from_raw_talent_meeting/

I of course don’t buy a second of it being swept under the rug, nor anything besides Seth being the weakest locker room leader ever
    There was a meeting at about 3 p.m. today at NYCB Live with Vince McMahon and the Raw crew. We don't have details of what transpired at this time but these are some things we've been told. The company blamed talent speculation for causing a problem, the talent was told the flight issues were all mechanical and nothing more would ever be spoken about it, and Seth Rollins attempted to do a rah-rah speech while telling people to keep things like this off social media in the future.

Sweeney Tom on
    The idea of Seth telling people not to air grievances on social media is so fucking good.

• bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Love how this NXT angle was a total accident and is their best one in ages and the Monday after survivor series it will be forgotten

It will probably go like the original BXT invasion went and the main roster squashes Nexus at Survivor Series.

I'm starting to think that maybe I don't really like Seth Rollins!

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    i liked tyler black :(

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i liked heel champ rollins palling around with libertarian kane and jamie noble

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    i liked tyler black :(

I don't know, I kinda prefer Chuck Taylor, he's probably the best wrestler in the world and in much better shape than Tyler Black.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    bring back j&j security

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Randy Orton isn't a good person, but I'm totally behind him continuing to screw with Vince for the next year or so.

https://www.fightful.com/wrestling/exclusives/exclusive-randy-orton-tried-push-revival-faction-vince-mcmahon-directly

New Japan press conference

Wrestle Kingdom card currently:

Jan 4
    Okada defends the IWGP title against Kota
    Switchblade defends the IC title against Naito
    Ospreay defends the Jr title against Hiromu
    Liger, Tiger Mask, Tatsumi Fujinami and Great Sasuke (with El Samurai) vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani and Tatsuhito Takaiwa (with Kuniaki Kobayashi), refereed by Norio Honaga

Jan 5
    IWGP champ vs IC champ in a double title match
    IWGP runner-up vs IC runner-up
    Jericho vs Tanahashi
    ELP and Taiji Ishimori defend the Jr tag titles against RPG3K (Sho and Yoh)
    Liger's retirement match

• WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    kota gonna win that belt

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    N A I T O T W O B E L T S

edited November 2019
    N A I T O T W O B E L T S

Or, and hear me out here, he loses on the first night of WK, loses on the second night to the IWGP runner-up, and then on New Year's Dash new Jr champ Hiromu kicks him out of LIJ and makes Red Daryl the new leader

ed: After a listen on his return and a listen at this presser I can safely say I don't like Hiromu's new entrance theme remix :/

Sweeney Tom on
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I am both a Bray stan and a Naito stan cause I like to cause myself pain.

At least Kagetsu had a good run with the red belt

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Which actually isn’t even news because that was the original planned year the deal was always to go through

This is just to make it look like there are no issues. As was the talent meeting today https://old.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/drnuag/notes_from_raw_talent_meeting/

I of course don’t buy a second of it being swept under the rug, nor anything besides Seth being the weakest locker room leader ever
    There was a meeting at about 3 p.m. today at NYCB Live with Vince McMahon and the Raw crew. We don't have details of what transpired at this time but these are some things we've been told. The company blamed talent speculation for causing a problem, the talent was told the flight issues were all mechanical and nothing more would ever be spoken about it, and Seth Rollins attempted to do a rah-rah speech while telling people to keep things like this off social media in the future.

My understanding (via hearsay, admittedly) is that the deal was for one show per year, but WWE has been doing two, and now it's an officially, contractually obligated two per year.

Also... nothing on Raw here? Not as good as Smackdown was, I guess?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular

My understanding (via hearsay, admittedly) is that the deal was for one show per year, but WWE has been doing two, and now it's an officially, contractually obligated two per year.

I might be wrong, but I remember Meltzer reporting that the deal was for two shows a year back when it started.

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

There were a few good moments I saw (Rey and Brock, Shayna and Becky cutting good promos on each other).

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Aside from those moments mentioned above, it was pretty boring. Removing Dio from commentary early (Brock F5'ed him through the announce table) radically increased the amount of Jerry Lawler we had to hear, which was terrible. Half the show being built around the Last Temptation of Seth Rollins only really served to raise the specter of Steve Austin joining "WCW" during that invasion storyline.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    There's an alarming lack of Zack Sabre Jr and Taichi on that current wk card.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    RAW seemed to be built around keeping Rollins at the top regarldess of if that is the best thing to do. Any match he is involved in with an NXT star expect him to win. Last week Bryan and Cole had a top-tier match without interference, this week Cole needed help, it's stupid. It's definitely making him the hero of RAW, especially when it continued to lump the CrownJewel 5x5 teams in with each other.

The triple threat women's match looks good, but Bayley is only in that match to eat the pin and that's not what her character needs.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

The triple threat women's match looks good, but Bayley is only in that match to eat the pin and that's not what her character needs.

Agreed. It was a well cut promo for Shayna and Becky, but both of them saying "I'll keep an eye on Bayley, but you're the prime target" is writing on the wall.

I kind of wish Bayley could have been there to wave her hands like "hey, I'm right here..."

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

Agreed. It was a well cut promo for Shayna and Becky, but both of them saying "I'll keep an eye on Bayley, but you're the prime target" is writing on the wall.

I kind of wish Bayley could have been there to wave her hands like "hey, I'm right here..."

All I saw was a giant sign post reading "Bayley is going to get the surprise win sneakily and then gloat about it for weeks."

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Rey vs. Brock is set for Survivor Series, and I'm really curious how that match will go.

• VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Rey vs. Brock is set for Survivor Series, and I'm really curious how that match will go.

Better than the Fiend/Brock/Cole triple threat we thought we were getting, probably.

nedhf8b6a4rj.jpgsig.gif
    AC:NH Chris from Glosta SW-5173-3598-2899 DA-4749-1014-4697 @vyolynce@mastodon.social
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    This Chris van Vliet interview with Scorpio Sky is real good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjbF8Dagpic

bloodyroarxx on
    edited November 2019

Fuck me, I have to go to 4

Edit: he fought fletcher in the opener because he had a train to catch and then cut a promo saying he was going to nationalise the train service

Double edit:

WeedLordVegeta on
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    Shota what is going on take a shower

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Looks like Fletcher just came in from a game of mud-wrestling in the rain, too.

Twitch: Thawmus83

I'm beginning to think Jericho might have specific political beliefs instead of bringing on podcast guests 'to get different perspectives'

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Wow that's a yikes.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular

Fuck me, I have to go to 4

Edit: he fought fletcher in the opener because he had a train to catch and then cut a promo saying he was going to nationalise the train service

Double edit:

Good luck, it happens tomorrow night.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Fuck, man

I've, pretty stupidly, continued to love Jericho and look past his bullshit but that's just too fucking much on any level

God this sucks

CYpGAPn.png
    Dammit dyvim I MEANT 5

Alright, there is some truly harrowing and unsourced but seemingly legitimate developments in the Chasyn Rand case.

I'm throwing this in a spoiler with content warnings for kidnapping, sexual assault, and trafficking.

• Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    It will make me sound like I walk around with a tinfoil hat, but I believe Orlando has a large slavery/trafficking issue and the media doesn’t like to talk about it much.

That article is super sad if true. I hope the family gets the information they need.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
This discussion has been closed.