As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

tony schiavone is the only good commentator in the wrestlethread

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Magell wrote: »

Punk has been critical of the Saudi shows so I like to think he won't do it, but I didn't think he'd come back to WWE to start with so who knows.

Well, he's technically working for Fox, right?

Like...WWE isn't signing his paychecks. Fox is. Pretty sure he has zero connection to any actual WWE hierarchy. Isn't that the deal as far as we know right now?

And if that's true, I'm not surprised he came back. People like to hear him talk. And if he can get paid to talk about wrestling (which I'm guessing he still enjoys as a viewer) and not have to deal with WWE directly, I'm not surprised he would come back.

Plus, if he's technically employed by FOX and not WWE, it probably gives him more latitude to crap on the product more than he would be otherwise, which I'm sure he's looking forward to.

BLM - ACAB
    PreacherReynoldsMagellChillyWillyShadowenAndy JoeLinespider5PwnanObrien
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Lol Mox vs a jobber lol

That’s just mean

Nm it’s nakazawa but is it really different?

bloodyroarxx on
    hailtothekale
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Should have called Yano for some tips.

bloodyroarxxReynoldsMagell
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I like that Nakazawa took it seriously to avenge Omega, and it failed horribly

Andy JoeLBD_Nytetrayn
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Jungle Express is entertaining to watch, but without Luchasaurus, I feel like they'll mostly just be mid card jobbers for whoever their opponents are.

Which is a shame. Jungle Boy could be a great wrestler. Marco too, but they always play the angle that because he's 5 foot nothing and weighs like, 100lbs, you can sling him around the ring with one arm.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

Lindsay Lohan
  • Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    edited November 2019

Let's fucking go.
    I'm super excited for these shows, hopefully the tickets don't go on sale while I'm at work and then sell out in like three minutes or some shit.

Dyvim Tvar on
    Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Allin vs. Moxley? Hell yes, I am on board for this.

xderwsaxganu.png
    bloodyroarxxhailtothekaleLindsay LohanfacetiousLBD_NytetraynPwnanObrien
    You thought Omega/Mox was too hardcore?

Allin: Hold my thumbtack-studded skateboard. With your face.

CuvisTheConquerorAndy JoePwnanObrien
  • CelloCello Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The Dark Order/Lucha event was like a goddamn Yakuza game and I loved every minute of it

Darby's entrance is perfect and I also love that

I also adore Awesome Kong's weird personal hair extension collection and will defend it with my life

Cello on
    Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    The Geek wrote: »
    Magell wrote: »

Punk has been critical of the Saudi shows so I like to think he won't do it, but I didn't think he'd come back to WWE to start with so who knows.

Well, he's technically working for Fox, right?

Like...WWE isn't signing his paychecks. Fox is. Pretty sure he has zero connection to any actual WWE hierarchy. Isn't that the deal as far as we know right now?

And if that's true, I'm not surprised he came back. People like to hear him talk. And if he can get paid to talk about wrestling (which I'm guessing he still enjoys as a viewer) and not have to deal with WWE directly, I'm not surprised he would come back.

Plus, if he's technically employed by FOX and not WWE, it probably gives him more latitude to crap on the product more than he would be otherwise, which I'm sure he's looking forward to.

I assumed him being able to crap on the product as much as he wanted was written in to the contract or he wouldn't have signed.

PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
    Predictable but absolutely fucking perfect

CuvisTheConqueror
    MJF gets the belt from Jericho. MJF rubs it in Cody's face.

Make this happen. MJF needs to be more than just a really great mouthpiece.

• CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    MJF and Jericho were amazing promoing off of each other.

xderwsaxganu.png
    JayrichoLBD_Nytetrayn
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    MJF gets the belt from Jericho. MJF rubs it in Cody's face.

Make this happen. MJF needs to be more than just a really great mouthpiece.

For all the dancing around it they did I really expected MJF to go after Jericho.

CuvisTheConquerorEl Fantastico
    Alright, this is a good ep of Dynamite. We're getting story, we're getting feuds, we're getting interesting developments, and Jericho and MJF on the mic was a great spot.

And there's still mystery and strange shit (Kong/Brandi). Best of all, it's not a cuck storyline, or about two overblown talent that I can't stand seeing continual pushes for.

CuvisTheConqueror
  • MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Alright, this is a good ep of Dynamite. We're getting story, we're getting feuds, we're getting interesting developments, and Jericho and MJF on the mic was a great spot.

And there's still mystery and strange shit (Kong/Brandi). Best of all, it's not a cuck storyline, or about two overblown talent that I can't stand seeing continual pushes for.

I mean Shawn Spears was on the show so thats one over pushed guy.

Spears is great and y’all can kiss my ass

JayrichoCelloIgpx407Nothing
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    MJF got to say the s-word twice on Turner Network Television and Chuck Taylor hasn’t gotten to say it once. This is an actual crime.

The Cow KingNiryaSweeney TomCelloCrippl3ReynoldsMagellDyvim Tvarhailtothekalejonny439ShadowenWeedLordVegetaAndy JoefacetiousDex DynamoJaysonFourPwnanObrien
    I legit dont know how they can fuck this up.

They just keep doing so good every week, sure not every week will be a 10/10 banger but FUCK tonight was SO GOOD

NytewarriorEl FantasticoCuvisTheConquerorLBD_Nytetrayn
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    AEW Dark for Youtube 11/19 results:
    Dustin Rhodes guest commentator

Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) defeat StrongHearts (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)
    Riho and Britt Baker defeat Big Swole and Kris Statlander
    Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta, with Orange Cassidy) defeat Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen)

Sweeney Tom on
    Andy Joe
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    AEW Dark for Youtube 11/19:

Young Bucks (Matt and Nick Jackson) defeat StrongHearts (El Lindaman and T-Hawk)
    Best Friends (Chuck Taylor and Trent Beretta, with Orange Cassidy) defeat Private Party (Isiah Kassidy and Marq Quen)

OMG
    Young Bucks vs that very specific STRONG HEARTS team is a fucking match for me and I dunno, Dyvim probably.

Dyvim TvarfacetiousDex Dynamo
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

YAY BEST FRIENDS

CYpGAPn.png
    CelloSweeney TomMagellSproutAndy JoeThawmusfacetious
  • burboburbo Registered User regular
    Is it just me, or are Britt and Bea looking better than in their previous outings?

I thought it was pretty solid. A little more stilted and obviously coordinated than the best women's wwe stuff, but they def had it laid out as a pretty good match and put in the effort.

Man, I coulda just went for spoilers of what the matches are going to be without the winners.

Looks like a solid card though, not a librarian in sight!

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    AJ Lee coming back means they finally could acknowledge what she did for women's wrestling

Lolno that was alllll Stephanie, don't be silly!

ReynoldsShadowenCuvisTheConquerorDyvim TvarPwnanObrien
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Jesus christ, I watched NXT (because Io Shirai had a match) instead of AEW tonight, the women's ladder match was insane, and kinda hard to watch. It was very violent. Kinda forgot about the storyline running through out the episode during the last match until after the show ended. Keith Lee is great. I'm developing favorites, help! When does on-demand go up for AEW :P I like the librarian ladies character work :( (but she does need some wrestling experience).

akirasig.jpg
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    I mean, she's been wrestling for 13 years now. I don't think it's an experience thing.

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    Rorshach KringleBlankZoeDonovan PuppyfuckerCuvisTheConquerorSprouthailtothekalebloodyroarxxDyvim TvarNiryaMagellAndy Joenever dieDex DynamoTransporterJaysonFourLBD_NytetraynPwnanObrien
    fire promo from Janella

Also I missed this live but Mox was backstage during the brawl lol

JayrichoLinespider5
  • AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Fantastic promo work on AEW, they just work the crowd so well all the time.

I know one of the commentators said we've seen the Wardlow teases for months but I only remember the one at the PPV before last so that was a bit of a dead debut. Seemed that way in the crowd as well.

AlphaRomero on
  • SproutSprout Registered User regular
    The stunning conclusion to the best storyline to come out of WWE in years:

Crippl3jonny439BloodsheedPwnanObrien
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Reading responses to that tweet and some people are VERY invested on the ratings. Literally read one that said "We're on the rise!"

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Fantastic to see AEW keep the momentum going and fans to stick around for it

ReynoldsMagellCuvisTheConquerorJayrichoLBD_NytetraynPwnanObrienAndy Joe
  • SkwigelfSkwigelf Passed out in a cloud of farts and cigarette smoke.Registered User regular
    I'm not worried. Eventually AEW will bring in Eric Bischoff, who will then bring in Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Rick Steiner to be his top stars and AEW will be a joke within a year just like that other "Indie Darlings + Former WWE Superstars" company.

• astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Skwigelf wrote: »
    I'm not worried. Eventually AEW will bring in Eric Bischoff, who will then bring in Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, and Rick Steiner to be his top stars and AEW will be a joke within a year just like that other "Indie Darlings + Former WWE Superstars" company.

I think the Elite guys are a bit too savvy to get there soon. Plus WWE is already in that business 1/2 way.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
    CuvisTheConquerornever dieMagellReynoldsLBD_NytetraynAndy Joe
  • AJRAJR Some guy who wrestles NorwichRegistered User regular
    what

Aaron O'Malley. Wrestler extraordinaire.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Instagram
    hailtothekaleSproutCrippl3NiryaDex DynamoDyvim TvarDonovan Puppyfucker
  • hailtothekalehailtothekale Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Tonight's Uncharted Territory looks very good.

I'm personally very into the main event as well as Matt Makowski vs Gary Jay.

hailtothekale on
    AJRDex Dynamo
    Skwigelf wrote: »

Pretty sure WWE has Hogan and Nash on legends deals these days.

xderwsaxganu.png
    Andy Joe
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i would like if aew brought in nash to do commentary and/or being back paparazzi productions

6vjsgrerts6r.png

Sweeney TomNiryaBlankZoeMagellDyvim TvarMs DapperAndy Joe
This discussion has been closed.