Options

I just went to a cafe that doesn’t have set prices

124»

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    *die from anxiety*
    Javen wrote: »
    It’s actually a clever pricing system; guilt and anxiety will often convince people to voluntarily pay more than they might be okay with being charged at a place with posted prices.

but if something makes me feel guilty/anxious it's incredibly unlikely that i'll ever go back

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    $4-7
    Brolo wrote: »
    It’s actually a clever pricing system; guilt and anxiety will often convince people to voluntarily pay more than they might be okay with being charged at a place with posted prices.

but if something makes me feel guilty/anxious it's incredibly unlikely that i'll ever go back

Yeah but you just paid a full years' salary for a cup of coffee

• Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    $4-7
    When you're arguing about material costs only, that might be relevant if you... made the muffin yourself.

If you bought it at a cafe or something similar, you also have to cover the establishment's worker salaries and general overhead, like rent and utilities and whatnot.

A coffee and muffin are worth 4-7usd for me, but in this setup I'd probably pay more (knowing not every customer is covering their costs) and not return.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

it doesn't actually work out this way, though when the numbers are crunched

• Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    $8-11
    The thing where I see voluntary donations really work with regard to the rich is charity events

Like, as a teenager I did a pay-what-you-want for a bake sale to raise funds for stuff and that's when the loaded 60-somethings really busted out the $20 bills for a cookie

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    $4-7
    Madican wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    you should be able to haggle for anything, you should be able to call reggie fils-aime's personal cell phone while he's trying to have dinner with his family and talk him down to $250 for a switch

He's not with Nintendo anymore. Now you have to negotiate with Bowser.

I want to call Reggie.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Just Tell Me The Price, Commie
    Madican wrote: »
    you should be able to haggle for anything, you should be able to call reggie fils-aime's personal cell phone while he's trying to have dinner with his family and talk him down to $250 for a switch

He's not with Nintendo anymore. Now you have to negotiate with Bowser.

I want to call Reggie.

We're not interested in Reggie's tired excuses, we want results. Now tell this Gamestop cashier to sell us a switch for $250.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Just Tell Me The Price, Commie
    I wish a car dealership near me would try this "pay what you want" thing.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    *die from anxiety*
    Rip a gnarly toot right in the salesperson's office and say "Keep the change." and then hop into the used 2001 Subaru Legacy I decided on