As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I... I don't see the problem with that video?

As a parent.

My son isn’t much older than that, so it hits a little close to home right now. My daughter on the other hand would have fucked that snake up.

I just don’t see the point of glorifying shit like that. Maybe I’m just too much of a bleeding heart.

Baby grabs that snake and noms its head off and VOILA! you've found the next true king/queen! :D

Makes more sense than pulling a sword from a stone.

Watery tarts distributing swords, etc.

Better than either the UK or US currently has.

So is Dennis the Peasant.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Also, is anyone going to object if i just start naming dupes after you all?

@Jazz - Heh. That reminds me of a recent Kieron Gillen comic which features king Arthur returning from the dead, thanks to some "English for the English!" types.

Shame they were Angelo-Saxon by blood, right? Whoopsie.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    I... I don't see the problem with that video?

As a parent.

I know, right! I mean, not only have I murder-plotted babies, I've also... uh... well... there was that one time I turned into a werewolf and ran into my teenage daughter....
    vMK9Xsl.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

Jazz - Heh. That reminds me of a recent Kieron Gillen comic which features king Arthur returning from the dead, thanks to some "English for the English!" types.

Wait until they find out Saint George was Turkish/Greek.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular

Jazz - Heh. That reminds me of a recent Kieron Gillen comic which features king Arthur returning from the dead, thanks to some "English for the English!" types.

Go right ahead. I humbly and politely request that you do so in my case.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular

Go right ahead. I humbly and politely request that you do so in my case.

Given the number of times you've brutally gifted me, i'm soooo tempted to print off the dupe who's starting name is "Stinky" and dub him after you. I'll be nice and dub a different dupe that already exists though.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i wanna be mechwarrior woooo

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

I guess Paradox is also giving away the vikings DLC for CK2?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    I finished the legacy of the first legacy blade dlc for assodd.

I fucking hated the forced family/romance plot.

Natakas was a fucking limp noodle of a partner, and despite actively trying to avoid any relationship with him it happened anyway.

I’d rather kassandra continue her legacy like 90s Movie Godzilla, than ever think about natakas again. A.k.a. alone.

The only reason why I continued playing this dlc was to get the flamethrower for the ship and any new weapons and gear.

Skip this dlc if you don’t want the ship’s flamethrower

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Just noticed a new Steam Badge on my profile today:
    UeM1qBO.jpg
    I feel old

Zavian on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    That's because you are.

I've been a member of these forums longer than you've been on Steam.

• Options
    That's because you are.

And I've been here even longer than you.

• Options
    That's because you are.

got you beat on that
    vYcZPii.jpg
    it's actually more than that cause I was on the ancient forums too

• Options
    And @Zavian has been here even longer than me!

(As have probably a bunch of you.)
    (We are so old.)

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    There's OG PA forumers, dinosaurs, then Pixie.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »
    TeeMan wrote: »
    A few nights ago I peaced-out of the Humble Monthly for the Xbox Game Pass. Reasonably satisfied with the move so far

Game Pass is great, I've been subbed to it since the beginning and switched over to the PC version when it launched. Looking forward to Outer Worlds next week.

Next week? That fucken snuck up on me, that's amazing

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    A few nights ago I peaced-out of the Humble Monthly for the Xbox Game Pass. Reasonably satisfied with the move so far

Game Pass is great, I've been subbed to it since the beginning and switched over to the PC version when it launched. Looking forward to Outer Worlds next week.

Next week? That fucken snuck up on me, that's amazing

The 25th (next Friday) and it's already up for preload in the Xbox app.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I couldn't play Sunless Sea.

I couldn't play Pillars of Eternity.

I'm never going to play Divinity 2, EVER.

I can't stop playing Disco Elysium with its devil-words.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »

Natakas was a fucking limp noodle of a partner, and despite actively trying to avoid any relationship with him it happened anyway.

I’d rather kassandra continue her legacy like 90s Movie Godzilla, than ever think about natakas again. A.k.a. alone.

The only reason why I continued playing this dlc was to get the flamethrower for the ship and any new weapons and gear.

What's worse is how completely unnecessary it all is.

By the end of the game Kassandra is
    immortal and canonically lives until modern times.

She can have a kid for the purpose of the Animus genetic memory thing whenever she wants. It's not a story that needed to be told unless it was really fucking good, and it really fucking wasn't.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    There's OG PA forumers, dinosaurs, then Pixie.

Of course. The name should be a giveaway.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    We now have a full assault lance. We've got a King Crab, Battlemaster, Highlander, and Awesome.

The Highlander
    6C59FAF7CDE4A089D228218B8914DB994AA9912E

The King Crab
    All in on the AC/20s
    6A879AEF8827B9113E307B5B60E798D4486053F7

The Battlemaster
    With the Gauss Rifle
    D40302B9F42784787926F22EE39A8DF04BD0AAC4

The Awesome
    23711C0FF6A9031FCB9B4F126FC327F73F396376

We've been taking 4 skull contracts and the occasional 5* contract. Things have gone smoothly more or less, with the occasional repair and injury. I might circle back and try that target acquisition flashpoint again soon.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    After finishing it and being staggered by how good it was (and how excellent its treatment of its ideas about humanity and AI were), just a casual reminder that Nier Automata is a thing and everyone should play it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/524220/NieRAutomata/

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Anyone who enjoys chill N64-style collect 'em ups like Unbox and Poi should check out Super Lucky's Tail. Plays exactly how it looks and is bloody delightful on a lazy Sunday afternoon

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    After finishing it and being staggered by how good it was (and how excellent its treatment of its ideas about humanity and AI were), just a casual reminder that Nier Automata is a thing and everyone should play it.

Gameplay by 8th graders, enemies by 4th graders. Heroes by 10th graders, plot by college undergrads.

And it fucking works.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I got Six Ages because it's the King of Dragon Pass sequel.

And yep, it sure is some more King of Dragon Pass. Though with some of the fiddly bits cut out, which is good because I never fiddled with those bits anyway.

The big difference is that in King of Dragon Pass I played as a people who saw Orlanth as the heroic freedom fighter and Yelm as the oppressive tyrant and in Six Ages I play as a people who see Yelm as a benevolent ruler and Orlanth as a violent troublemaker. Both of these perspectives are, of course, correct.

But where Six Ages is really a lot like King of Dragon Pass is the Council. Already I have one Councillor who can't shut up about how things were better in the good old days when our people still lived in Yelm's city and one Councillor who just really likes goats a lot and is sad other people don't like goats as much as she does.

• Options
    Does this game still have the war between the gods and the robots?

• Options
    QuestorQuestor PAX Aus Tabletop [E] Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular

Yet still nearly $50 here in Aus.... eugh

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Questor wrote: »

It used to be like like $80. Plus it does go on sale every now and then.

It's a great game. Just be warned though, it does have its bugs.

(We are so old.)
    Get off my lawn!
    Aistan wrote: »

She can have a kid for the purpose of the Animus genetic memory thing whenever she wants. It's not a story that needed to be told unless it was really fucking good, and it really fucking wasn't.

If they were going to force a hetro relationship they could have at least paired Kassandra with Brasidas.

But given the terrible writing of this DLC, they would have ruined his character as well.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Questor wrote: »

It used to be like like $80. Plus it does go on sale every now and then.

It's a great game. Just be warned though, it does have its bugs.

(We are so old.)
    Get off my lawn!

If they were going to force a hetro relationship they could have at least paired Kassandra with Brasidas.

But given the terrible writing of this DLC, they would have ruined his character as well.

The fact that it's completion achievement was at one point called "it's just a phase" does the dlc no favors

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular

Not really possible.
    Brasidas was a real person and died during the Peloponnesian War.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Does this game still have the war between the gods and the robots?

Dunno. The Gods are certainly busy fighting something. At one point, my Clan's Magic suffered for several years because the Gods were too busy fighting to pay us much attention.

• Options
    Someone slipped a black lotus in their deck

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »
    We now have a full assault lance. We've got a King Crab, Battlemaster, Highlander, and Awesome.

The Highlander
    6C59FAF7CDE4A089D228218B8914DB994AA9912E

The King Crab
    All in on the AC/20s
    6A879AEF8827B9113E307B5B60E798D4486053F7

The Battlemaster
    With the Gauss Rifle
    D40302B9F42784787926F22EE39A8DF04BD0AAC4

The Awesome
    23711C0FF6A9031FCB9B4F126FC327F73F396376

We've been taking 4 skull contracts and the occasional 5* contract. Things have gone smoothly more or less, with the occasional repair and injury. I might circle back and try that target acquisition flashpoint again soon.

It never crossed my mind to try that loadout with an Awesome, but now I'm considering it. I've got a Victor instead of a King Crab; which stinks; but I may play with some of those loadouts.

• Options

If you guys are going to talk about a game like this...then for fuck's sake actually mention the title of the motherfucking game up front so people who haven't played it, who might want to play it, don't click the fucking spoiler.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

If you guys are going to talk about a game like this...then for fuck's sake actually mention the title of the motherfucking game up front so people who haven't played it, who might want to play it, don't click the fucking spoiler.

It's right in the first line?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Is it? It looked like gibberish. A mass of typos.

If AC:Odd is too much to deal with, and ass is important to include, try AssOdd. Capital letters are good things.

• Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    Snagged the Old Gods DLC for CK2, maybe I'll actually play it sometime?

Paradox grand strategy games are the Times Cryptic Crossword for me, I love the idea of them, love the fact they exist, but I'm just not sure I have the mental gymnastics to actually play it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular

If AC:Odd is too much to deal with, and ass is important to include, try AssOdd. Capital letters are good things.

More importantly then, if you weren't sure what game they were talking about, why did you click the spoiler?

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    Figgy wrote: »

More importantly then, if you weren't sure what game they were talking about, why did you click the spoiler?

Half the time spoilers in this thread are just jokes. Since I could not determine the game, I thought it was some title I didn't care about and wanted to see the joke.

More importantly, take better care to mark legitimate spoilers in a catch-all thread. It shouldn't be that onerous of a request.

• Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »

Half the time spoilers in this thread are just jokes. Since I could not determine the game, I thought it was some title I didn't care about and wanted to see the joke.

More importantly, take better care to mark legitimate spoilers in a catch-all thread. It shouldn't be that onerous of a request.

I get where you're coming from, but are you legitimately saying that putting a spoiler in a spoiler tag isn't enough because sometimes people use them for jokes? That doesn't sound like a community problem as much as a you problem, in terms of who needs to make the adjustment...

camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.