As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    signature.png

New patch, new giveaway.

I entered this. I've not seen or heard anything about this game in a long time but it looks like something I would enjoy. Super chill & relaxing vibe.

76561197967491341.png
    ThawmusBetsuniMudzgutEd GrubermanbloodatonementTalus9952Donnictonan_alt
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Hey, apropos of nothing... I'm gonna restart the Mass Effect series tonight. I haven't played it in a while...

Also, Andromeda is fine. The writing is fine. Sara Ryder is an absolutely adorable dork. Adorkable. I like her more than Shepard. I like the story of the original trilogy better, but Ryder > Shepard for a solidly fun protagonist. Also, Suvi is delightful.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    DoublySymmetricBetsuniKoopahTroopahJazzThawmusCroakerBCMugsleyPailryderFencingsaxFrem
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Guys, guys, all this Mass Effect talk is gonna make Pixie start another playthrough. We gotta move on.

I agree, change of topic. Maybe if we talk about FF14, Pixie will finally play that game past level 15.

She'll just get stuck in the character creator again.

steam_sig.png
    destroyah87BetsuniKoopahTroopahJaysonFourFencingsax
    Guys, guys, all this Mass Effect talk is gonna make Pixie start another playthrough. We gotta move on.

I agree, change of topic. Maybe if we talk about FF14, Pixie will finally play that game past level 15.

My internet has been shit for weeks, randomly kicking me offline for 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there. Spectrum blames my modem. I bought a new modem. They still blame it. I'm convinced it's something in the bullshit way the cable runs to my apartment, but fuck all if I can get Spectrum to actually send out a tech to look at it.

Consequently, I haven't played any online games now in a few weeks. It's not just FF14 getting neglected...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Hey, my friend Greg (of Wandersong and Coin Crypt fame) is making a new game with the Celeste composer and Night in the Woods sound designer.

https://youtu.be/zcg1uzgVtXY

Go back it cause it is adorable as hell and involves dogs and coloring.

KoopahTroopah on
    ZavianDrovekRoyceSraphimakajaybayElvenshaeMNC DoverIoloBetsuniIanatorKarozMugsleycooljammer00StormwatcherJaysonFour
  • MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Speaking of games that never end

• CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Shoutout to @Iolo for gifting me The Long Dark. Thanks, friendo.

nhzugxv0gs4t.jpg

76561197967491341.png
    ThawmusTetraRayStabbity StyleJazzKoopahTroopahElvenshaePixelated PixieRoyceSraphimMNC DoverKalnaurTeeManBetsuniSmokeStacksFishmanKarozCorsiniCommander ZoomMugsleyTalus9952Moridin889Donnictonan_altJaysonFour
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Oh man, the Mass Effect main menu music just flooded my brain with warm fuzzies

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

KoopahTroopahcB557RoyceSraphimDrovekJazzJaysonFour
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Oh man, the Mass Effect main menu music just flooded my brain with warm fuzzies

The ME 2 soundtrack still ends up on my playlists. In particular, Suicide Mission, and End Run.

Twitch: Thawmus83
    DrovekJazz
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL

Edit: fuck that reminds me

House of the dying son finally has decent bomb sights for heavy munitions and the orders screen is much more manageable

RoyceSraphim on
    DoublySymmetricElvenshaecB557KoopahTroopahEvmaAlsar
    I still hear ME1 elevator music in my sleep...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ThawmusJazz
  • DoublySymmetricDoublySymmetric Registered User regular
    I still hear ME1 elevator music in my sleep...

That's because the elevators in that game TOOK FOREVER

Steam - DoublySymmetric (43687993)
    Blizz ID - DoublySymm#1758
    Thawmus
  • el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Guess who installed ~10gb of ME1 mods

This weekend should be fun

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

ThawmusRoyceSraphimJazzElvenshaePixelated PixieJragghenDonnictonan_altFencingsax
    el_vicio wrote: »
    Guess who installed ~10gb of ME1 mods

Was it me? It might've been me.

/checks

Nope, it wasn't me. I already had all those installed. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    el_vicioJazzElvenshaeJragghenKoopahTroopahCroakerBCFencingsax
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    so I finally finished moving to my new place, wooo! being that it's also my last day off work before going back to the weekly grind tomorrow, I decided to play some vidya games, specifically one of my favs: CK2! I made a shattered world and decided to play as a bear, Countess Yogi of the noble Sealchomper family
    13C2oe5.jpg
    also, steam chat kind of went crazy and/or I went back in time to 1969 with Tetra
    LJo6qSf.jpg
    then I married off my son to an unfaithful horse
    MBvpczJ.jpg
    tragedy struck when my own bear-husband died, though I still managed to fit in a pun
    qQ032PY.jpg
    I also devoured some prisoners. all in all, a day off well spent.

FishmanIoloJazzElvenshaeBetsuniCorsiniCommander ZoomMugsleyDarkPrimusKoopahTroopahMNC DoverThawmusDonnictonEvmaAlsarTetraRayJaysonFourFencingsaxshdwcasterKristmas Kthulhu
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Is there any game like Zone of the Enders on Steam?

edited August 2019

HOW ARE YOU IN MY BRAIN!?!?!?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/650510/ZONE_OF_THE_ENDERS_THE_2nd_RUNNER__MRS/

I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE ENDING ON YOUTUBE!!!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/820630/Metal_Wolf_Chaos_XD/

RoyceSraphim on
    KoopahTroopahStabbity StyleIanatorTheColonel
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    @Zavian what kind of animal is Alan?

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Bedlam wrote: »
    @Zavian what kind of animal is Alan?

It doesn't replace all hu-mans unfortunately, so in that case it's referring to the Alans. So basically, the deadliest of animals: hu-mans. But don't worry! I will work on making sure my Bear-Horse people will conquer and eat them

Mugsley
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Oh.

I was hoping it was literally one guy named Alan.

That's fine though.

I guess.

KarozMugsley
    Oh.

That's fine though.

I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjIeBTaykPE

destroyah87ElvenshaeCorsiniMugsleyJragghenThawmusRoyceSraphimTeeManDonnictonFencingsax
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Oh.

That's fine though.

I guess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgvR3y5JCXg

CorsiniMugsleyHeatwaveFencingsaxKristmas Kthulhu
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular

HOW ARE YOU IN MY BRAIN!?!?!?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/650510/ZONE_OF_THE_ENDERS_THE_2nd_RUNNER__MRS/

I WAS JUST LOOKING AT THE ENDING ON YOUTUBE!!!!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/820630/Metal_Wolf_Chaos_XD/

I vaguely recall that one didn’t hold up too well after the first but I never played and haven’t really played anything since the first ZoE.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Well that was short and sweet.
    cfp31l6bwyo8.png
    Thanks @MNC Dover for Gato Roboto. A very short and sweet Metroidvania game. Animation is really, really great, and I actually dig the two color scheme considering how polished the animation was. There are different color palettes that you unlock from playing the game, but I stuck with plain black and white for most of it since the other ones are kinda ugly. There are also a bunch of cat puns and little bits of cat-related humor in the game, and a surprisingly touchingly sad kind of story. I must have missed a health pack somewhere to not get 100%, but once you beat it, you can't return to the old map. So I guess I'm done here.

MNC DoverThawmusMugsleydresdenphileRoyceSraphimZavianTalus9952bloodatonementTeeManKarozIanatorel_vicioJazzCorsiniBetsuniElvenshaean_altJaysonFourFrem
  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Just completed my first winning run of Everspace. I should've gone to bed at least an hour ago and my shields were broken for most of the run, but somehow that's the run I win. That's how it is with rougelikes/lites, I suppose.

Ed GrubermanKoopahTroopahCorsiniThawmusBetsuniMNC DoverElvenshaeKarozIanatorTeeManshdwcaster
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    So what are the Weaves in the new Vermintide 2 expansion? I tried to join one a ton of times last night and it seemed broken. It would queue me and then drop me instantly. If I tried "fine party" it just sat there forever.
    I assume they are sort of bite-sized challenge missions?

edited August 2019
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/984610/Mech_Merc_Company/

So I found this searching for demos on steam in order of release date.

I mean, i'm gonna try to make it run but I think its obvious what this is trying to be.

edit:
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1126270/Neon_Tail/

Open world rollerskating game.

edit again:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/616830/Cartoon_Strike/

de_dust2, hoth, ww2, medieval combat, and a battle royal mode all made in unity.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1083460/Rencia/
    https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/apps/1083460/ss_360de50c7e489bd68aa4551eabb36347f38993d4.600x338.jpg

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
    MINIMUM:
    Processor: 2.0 GHz
    Memory: 2 GB RAM
    Graphics: 128mb Video Memory
    Storage: 500 MB available space
    RECOMMENDED:
    Processor: Dual Core 3.0 Ghz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: 256mb Video Memory
    Storage: 500 MB available space

RoyceSraphim on
  • JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/984610/Mech_Merc_Company/

So I found this searching for demos on steam in order of release date.

I mean, i'm gonna try to make it run but I think its obvious what this is trying to be.

Wow, couldn't be more obvious if it had a "2" in the title.

Looks alright, though!

Jazz on
    RoyceSraphimKoopahTroopah
    Unable to start the zoe demo

Will try....to beat another level in a game i own.

Like rain slick precipace of darkness

cardboard delusions
  • an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Looks like I missed the ME:A talk yesterday. I'm of the opinion that the combat felt good, the writing was weak, and even after the patches, the characters still didn't look great.

What bothers me the most about it was the Dragon Age: Inquisition approach of trying to make a single player MMO. Put a ton of different things to do in each area, but have all of those things be short and boring. It seemed like an awful lot of the game was busywork.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
    Spoit

My internet has been shit for weeks, randomly kicking me offline for 15 minutes here, 30 minutes there. Spectrum blames my modem. I bought a new modem. They still blame it. I'm convinced it's something in the bullshit way the cable runs to my apartment, but fuck all if I can get Spectrum to actually send out a tech to look at it.

Consequently, I haven't played any online games now in a few weeks. It's not just FF14 getting neglected...

Spectrum is sending out a tech tomorrow. Woo!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    KoopahTroopahDoublySymmetricMugsleyJazzdestroyah87KalnaurCommander ZoomTetraRayElvenshaeBetsuniPoketpixieZavianJaysonFourStormwatcherCorsiniCorriganXFencingsax

YAY! You deserve a gift in celebration!

MugsleybloodatonementKalnaurTetraRayBetsuniZavianTalus9952Fencingsax

YAY! You deserve a gift in celebration!

t87v8g77dbcd.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    MugsleyJazzKoopahTroopahdestroyah87KalnaurCommander ZoomTetraRayMNC DoverElvenshaeBetsuniThawmusPoketpixieMoridin889ZavianJaysonFourTeeManStormwatcherFencingsaxFremKristmas Kthulhu
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Somewhat related: was able to experiment with completely removing my FiOS gateway from my network and inserting a slightly older router with wifi shut off (I have a separate AP that handles all the wifi).

Everything runs like a dream and is super fast, so far! This bodes well for cutting the cord later this year.

KoopahTroopahTetraRayBetsuniPailryder
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    an_alt wrote: »
    Looks like I missed the ME:A talk yesterday. I'm of the opinion that the combat felt good, the writing was weak, and even after the patches, the characters still didn't look great.

What bothers me the most about it was the Dragon Age: Inquisition approach of trying to make a single player MMO. Put a ton of different things to do in each area, but have all of those things be short and boring. It seemed like an awful lot of the game was busywork.

Fwiw, I only played like 10 hours of mea, but the grind didn't feel quite as bad as said. They did a better job dividing the accessible areas, so you don't have the fucking hinterlands being a giant roadblock

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    Mech merc company is playable on my old rig

Video options come installed at ultra. So as soon as the seizure finishes, I'll have a report

JazzMugsleyElvenshae
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Hey just a quick reminder, drawing for this is at 8 AM central tomorrow:

signature.png

Twitch: Thawmus83
    RoyceSraphimIoloJazzcB557Stabbity StylePixelated PixieBetsuniZavianbloodatonementMugsleyXeddicusPoketpixieMNC DoverTeeManel_vicioCorsiniKoopahTroopahIanatorTalus9952Ed GrubermanBig ClassyHerothjclast
    Mech merc company is playable on my old rig

Video options come installed at ultra. So as soon as the seizure finishes, I'll have a report

https://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=222

FFS, turn off bloom.

While I was figuring that out, my arm got blown off.

I had fun, but the gears of this beast are....loose. It will be a good game eventually. Its not a copy paste of the input experience, but loading up the assault class and attacking a bunch of lights on rookie difficulty did put a smile on my face.

JazzCommander Zooman_alt
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Battle Princess Madelyn is a historical low right now

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    signature.png

Repost to the new thread.

The winner of the giveaway is... uh, whoever "slicedbreadinc" is on Steamgifts. Their steam profile is very nonspecific too. Key is sent though, if whoever you are is reading.

bloodatonementJazzDrovekThawmusXeddicusel_vicioElvenshaeBetsuniKarozStabbity StyleTalus9952Ed GrubermanKalnaurBig ClassyPailryderan_altshdwcaster
This discussion has been closed.