As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Steam] Remote Play Together is here: The whole internet can be your co-op couch now

• FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    Calescent wrote: »
    Fireflash wrote: »
    This is going to be really vague I remember a few weeks/months ago reading something about a very memorable and unexpected (indie?) game that was released recently. 2019 or 2018. But now that I'm looking for a new game to play I forgot what it was.

I think the premise was about escaping something or someplace before a timer runs out, but players were surprised at what the game had to offer beyond the initial premise. Maybe I'm mixing up two games

Could it be Outer Wilds?

Ahh yes, I'm pretty sure that was it, thanks!!

And oops for technically not being in the right thread, as the game is not available on steam yet.

PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • CalescentCalescent Registered User regular
    Fireflash wrote: »
    Ahh yes, I'm pretty sure that was it, thanks!!

And oops for technically not being in the right thread, as the game is not available on steam yet.

You're welcome! Glad I guessed right. I hate the feeling of that brain itch when you can't quite remember something and am happy I could help.

Steam: Calidaria
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    I keep confusing Outer Wilds with Outer Worlds every time someone mentions them and have to look them up to see which one they're talking about.

s7Imn5J.png
    Florinel_vicioBedlamJazzCommander ZoomMugsleyMirkelWerewolf2000adKoopahTroopahFrem
  • FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    I keep confusing Outer Wilds with Outer Worlds every time someone mentions them and have to look them up to see which one they're talking about.

I too keep confusing Outer Wilds with Outward, it happened to me twice this week.

Bedlam
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    So started Her Story:
    This woman's reactions to these questions are way too cool for her husband being missing/dead and her a suspect apparently. So either she's a bad actor (in reality or story wise) or she's guilty as sin for whatever reason. Her being the only one in the game apparently also leads me to conclude this, so maybe she's innocent! But probably not.

It gets a little complicated.

McMoogleBedlamcooljammer00Corsini
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »

I too keep confusing Outer Wilds with Outward, it happened to me twice this week.

Oscar Wilde?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    BedlamDonnictonJazzElvenshaeFencingsaxKoopahTroopah
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Well, as good as Remnant is, I'm done with it.

I'm just not Dark Souls good enough for the level of bullshit it throws at you and nothing good comes of getting this angry at a game.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Basil
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I like Dicey Dungeons so far, but the UI really could use a few more once-overs. The first patch is already about how confusing the menus are to navigate, that players didn't even realize there was more content because it was shown so poorly.

When Slay the Spire asks you to pick between cards or relics or whatever, they let you know more pertinent information than Dicey Dungeons does. So when they make me choose between a health upgrade and a weapons upgrade, maybe let me see what weapons I have/how much health I have to see which I need more?

Also I randomly turned into a bear, and I have no idea why?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
  • vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Don't forget that Outer Worlds is coming out soon, too =p.

But Outer Wilds is awesome and I highly recommend it.

cB557
  • McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »

I've learned to resist Otter Wiles.

steam_sig.png
    KarozJazzAxenCommander ZoomElvenshaeMugsleyStormwatcherKoopahTroopahKristmas Kthulhu
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I like Dicey Dungeons so far, but the UI really could use a few more once-overs. The first patch is already about how confusing the menus are to navigate, that players didn't even realize there was more content because it was shown so poorly.

When Slay the Spire asks you to pick between cards or relics or whatever, they let you know more pertinent information than Dicey Dungeons does. So when they make me choose between a health upgrade and a weapons upgrade, maybe let me see what weapons I have/how much health I have to see which I need more?

Also I randomly turned into a bear, and I have no idea why?

Betting you were Rogue and used the "Bear Potion" move that you stole when fighting an Alchemist enemy.

steam_sig.png
    Bedlamcooljammer00Kristmas Kthulhu
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    McMoogle wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »

I've learned to resist Otter Wiles.

FR4e0qb.jpg

Are you sure?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    MNC DoverCommander ZoomKarozJazzDonnictonIoloElvenshaeBetsuniCorsiniMugsleyStormwatcherJaysonFourFencingsaxKoopahTroopahKalnaurHeatwaveshdwcasterFrem
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    tBtnhMu.jpg

s7Imn5J.png
    IoloAxenel_vicioKarozMcMoogleRoyceSraphimElvenshaeJazzBetsuniMugsleyBig ClassyTeeManStabbity StyleStormwatcherTalus9952JaysonFourFencingsaxKoopahTroopahtsmvengyKalnaurMassenaan_altPailryderHeatwaveFrem
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Well, as good as Remnant is, I'm done with it.

I'm just not Dark Souls good enough for the level of bullshit it throws at you and nothing good comes of getting this angry at a game.

Is it any better multiplayer?

5gsowHm.png
    edited August 2019
    So, as much as I like Remnant, I've discovered the coop isn't the best balanced.
    Randomly joining friends and killing regular monsters in the levels seems fine, but bosses are another matter.
    I was semi-stuck on a boss deep-ish into the game. I could get him down to barely a sliver left of health and I would run out of ammo or die. He CAN be overcome but I haven't quite made that final stretch.
    Anyway, a friend joined and we couldn't even get him halfway down after many attempts because of the scaling. Not only were we both (and then all 3 when another friend joined) getting one-and-two-shotted, but the trash enemies had so many hp that it was hard to keep them cleared, which is key to this specific fight.

Instead we decided to join another friend - who is MUCH earlier in the game - to fight a boss that I killed quite easily. In all of our attempts, we didn't even get him down to half health. And my friend, who previously could get him to the final health bar, was barely doing damage and could only get hit once before going down.

It seems like, unless you are similar level, that scaling for bosses is a bit of a mess.

Just an FYI.

vamen on
    I enjoy fighting in sots: the pit, but feel dungeons of dreadmore was easier but more confusing.

Let's reinstall that.

• MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    @vamen see if there's a way to submit some sort of bug report or contact the dev

---
    I hopped into Twitch this morning and caught one of my favorite roguelike streamers (General Thoog) playing FTL; which prompted me to fire up the Crying Suns demo again.

If this game keeps the promises from the demo, with some mild tweaks, it's going to eat large chunks of my gaming time.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    FR4e0qb.jpg

"I want you to draw me like one of your French girls."

IoloAxenCorsiniJazzThawmusMugsleyElvenshaeKarozBetsuniJaysonFourFencingsaxKoopahTroopahKalnaur
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Thawmus wrote: »
    Hey just a quick reminder, drawing for this is at 8 AM central tomorrow:

signature.png

And the winner is.... @The_Spaniard !

Thanks to all who entered, and I'll send it at soon as Spaniard accepts my friend request so that I may do so!

Thank you to @Thawmus for classing me with a gift of two hands of fate.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
    ThawmusJazzEd GrubermanKarozBetsunijclastIanatorKoopahTroopahKalnauran_altStabbity StyleKristmas Kthulhu
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    After playing so many great 'every move is significant' games lately, returning to SYSTEM CRASH is a super-dooper drag. The game starts you off with a whopping massive 40 card deck of mostly junk cards and the gameplay itself is torturously laboured, even if you're winning. So much effort is spend dragging yourself out of early-game cards then being starved of late-game ones because the draw rate of. one card per turn for a fourty card deck is a bad design decision. Even though I know it gets better with better cards eventually, it takes so much time and churning through boring cards to get there.

So nope! I rescind my recommendation of this game in light of recent betters. Begone!! *brilliant flash of light*

Also, The Adventure Pals is a lovely, 'Adventure Time's themes platformer that commits the unforgivable sin of rewarding exploration coupled with not being able to see the bottom of a pit filled with insta-kill spikes before you jump into it. How playtesters let something this fundamentally bad through QA is mindboggling, even for a small team. Still, fun is fun and I'll probably put a few more hours into it because it's otherwise quite pleasant. Classic candidate for a backlog challenge game, for sure

Edit: aww man Rebel Galaxy Outlaw is epic exclusive? Ahh well

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    FR4e0qb.jpg

"I want you to draw me like one of your French girls."

The safe word is 'GabeN'.

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Just completed The Hex

Much in the same vein of Pony Island except exploring the lives of several video game characters and how they ended up in the Six Pint Inn with murder afoot!

Just like Pony Island, it's best not to spoil too much.

Thanks again to @JaysonFour for the gift!

MugsleyJazzTeeManBetsuniJaysonFourKalnaurMudzgut
    I bought The Hex because an article said to stop reading and play it first, and then I didn't play it or finish the article.

steam_sig.png

DonnictonMNC DoverElvenshaeKarozBetsuniLD50MugsleyKalnaurStabbity StyleKristmas Kthulhu
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    bump for new page(s):
    Mugsley wrote: »
    Speaking of Gamepass, I had a checkout error at Microcenter a couple weeks ago so I have an extra code for 3 months free.

If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll send you the deets.

I'm in a similar situation; I bought a new GPU on Amazon recently and they sent me a code (also for 3 months) that I'm not going to use. I'm hoping it's transferable; hit me up, and we'll see.

KarozBetsuni
    edited August 2019
    Current thoughts:

Dungeons of Dreadmore turns into a real clusterfuck at times, is there any point to holding onto crafting shit if I don't have the skills?

Huh, magic carpet spawned me in a maze this level. Okay, castle at the entrance....fuck that a lot of guys. Okay, new round, accelerate out and build my castle near these gu-......oh fuck that's a big dragon. OH FUCK THAT'S A BIG DRAGON!

Apex Legends and Titanfall developers thought it was a good idea to call their userbase dickheads and freeloaders. So nice to see the developer idiot ball not on the steam store for once in a while.

Although I'm sure we're going to find milkshake duck's newest product in the next 24 hours.

edit: Sorry, that was a big fuck off Wyvern. Big difference.

RoyceSraphim on
    Commander ZoomTeeManElvenshaeBetsuni
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Apex Legends and Titanfall developers thought it was a good idea to call their userbase dickheads and freeloaders. So nice to see the developer idiot ball not on the steam store for once in a while.

I dunno, I'm kinda on Reswpawns side on this one.

Happy Little Machine
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    You guys are breaking me on Remnant, although appRently coop level scaling is broke.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Current thoughts:

Dungeons of Dreadmore turns into a real clusterfuck at times, is there any point to holding onto crafting shit if I don't have the skills?

Nah, not really. Though it's worth checking encrusting etc and seeing if there's any recipes you can make without having crafting skill. It's also possible to find a few items that give you buffs to your crafting skill.

Really, the real point of DoD is to make the craziest weirdest builds possible, like the Clockwork Knight-Rouge Scientist Archaeologist MAGICAL LAWYER

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    ElvenshaeFrem
  • Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Current thoughts:

Nah, not really. Though it's worth checking encrusting etc and seeing if there's any recipes you can make without having crafting skill. It's also possible to find a few items that give you buffs to your crafting skill.

Really, the real point of DoD is to make the craziest weirdest builds possible, like the Clockwork Knight-Rouge Scientist Archaeologist MAGICAL LAWYER

Even "normal" builds in DoD get pretty weird like Clockwork Knight-Archaeologist-Fungus farmer-Tinkerer-Blacksmith-Pirate-axe users.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    Talus9952
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Does anyone have a spare key for Project Cars 2 kicking around? I'm looking to trade! I think it was part of a humble monthly or bundle at some stage and I thought I had it, but I only have the first one.

steam_sig.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    You guys are breaking me on Remnant, although appRently coop level scaling is broke.

Seemed fine to me. Bosses are hard, but just like Dark Souls there are tactics for each that give you an edge.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »
    Does anyone have a spare key for Project Cars 2 kicking around? I'm looking to trade! I think it was part of a humble monthly or bundle at some stage and I thought I had it, but I only have the first one.

ITAD says it was part of the Jan 2019 bundle

Depending on when you do coop, the bosses in Remnant can be majorly broken with the level scaling. The two bosses I did with a friend were completely unwinnable.
    I mean I'm sure SOMEONE could have won them, but we couldn't. Doing coop went from us both ALMOST being able to beat them, to being unable to come close when we did coop. His boss I beat the first try in my solo game, then we died 8 times in a row coop without even getting the first health bar off. We'd both completely run out of ammo as well, though it would drop on occasion. But that's just to give an idea on how crazily it scaled up the HP.

Thankfully, I managed to kill mine last night. And there was much rejoicing.

The company seems pretty active on the threads so I'm hoping they will do some tweaking. If you play with someone around your level, it seems fine, but if you're struggling and expecting a high level friend to hop in and help carry you through a fight...it actually makes it harder for you at this point.

• HiT BiTHiT BiT 🍒 Fresh, straight from Pac-man's Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Streets of Rage 4 just got a new teaser presenting the pink haired rocker Cherry Hunter, daughter of Adam Hunter from the original SoR, and teasing the return of another classic character and locations:

https://youtu.be/LTZajRoULlQ

Also, Motohiro Kawashima has been confirmed as composer of the music in the teaser.

HiT BiT on
    RoyceSraphimSyngyneKoopahTroopahKalnaurBetsuniJazzcooljammer00AxenIanatorFencingsaxStabbity StyleTalus9952Heatwaveshdwcaster
  • KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    Streets of Rage 4 just got a new teaser presenting the pink haired rocker Cherry Hunter, daughter of Adam Hunter from the original SoR, and teasing the return of another classic character and locations:

https://yo utu.be/LTZajRoULlQ

Also, Motohiro Kawashima has been confirmed as composer of the music in the teaser.

Fuck yeah dude, this looks sick. Can't wait to play it.

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    What if you took the free-running from Mirror's Edge, the gameplay of Super Hot & Katana Zero, and sprinkle in some System Shock 2 environments or style?

https://youtu.be/bdwr3oTTpvk

destroyah87PMAversRoyceSraphimBurnageFencingsaxThawmusPoketpixieStormwatcherKarozSpoitElvenshaeStabbity StyleBig ClassyKristmas Kthulhu
  • destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    What if you took the free-running from Mirror's Edge, the gameplay of Super Hot & Katana Zero, and sprinkle in some System Shock 2 environments or style?

You have my attention.

steam_sig.png
    DrovekbloodatonementFencingsaxThawmusElvenshaeTeeMan
    So it's a Genji from Overwatch game?

steam_sig.png

KoopahTroopahStabbity Style
This discussion has been closed.