As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    Ken O wrote: »
    My KO got a bunch of point reductions but gutted them in a lot of other ways. Reducing number of attacks, deducting weapon strength, reducing wounds, and reducing the range of Fight for Profit. Trying to see the bright side.

Yeah, I notice that Aetherstorm ability has been nerfed from a 2+ to a 3+, but Timed Charges have been buffed from making a bonus disengage action to a bonus disengage or move action. Which is quite nice, as this ability only applies to Skywardens, which have a Move of 10.

It seems that most long range weapons are changed from a minimum range of 3 to 6. Some other guns lose an attack but gain a bit more crit (except for the aetheric fumigator, which gains an attack but its damage goes from 2/4 to 1/4. The Endrinmaster with Endrinharness loses a lot (T-1, HP-3, Att-1 but goes from 2/4 to 3/5).
    The Aether Cannon loses an attack but goes from 4/8 to 5/10.

The Arkanaut Admiral’s melee damage goes from 2/4 to 3/5.
    The Aether Khemist gains a missile attack with range 1-6, 6 Att, 4 Str and 1/3 damage.

I have the impression that the reduction of attacks of the guns is mainly because that generic ability of [Double] : Attacks +1 until end of activation combined with all their ranged attacks is quite strong? Because as a ranged fighter, you’ll usually use your 2 actions on shooting?

It feels like a big shakeup indeed, and the nerfs feel bigger than the buffs.

Were the Kharadon Overlords not one of the strongest warbands in the game?

PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    That’s a pleasant surprise. I wasn’t expecting free downloads when they have a book to flog.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I suspect they wanted to sell the big compendium together with the new box but ran into supply and shipping issues again.

• Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, it seems like the compendium book is delayed somewhere, and quite considerably delayed too, these pdfs are taken directly from the book it looks like, so they can't be expecting it to make it to shelves anytime soon. I imagine it was supposed to release with the rest of the new rules, but I'm not complaining, at some point they've gotta figure out digital rules releases are more reliable...

• Options
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I got the new Warcry box for $190 due to my local club discount

Feels good at that price

• Options
  • Options
    Ken OKen O Registered User regular
    Excited to see what changes this brings to my son's Nighthaunt list.

http://www.fingmonkey.com/
    Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2022
    Apparently chainrasps are worse, but glaivewraith stalkers are much better.

So Nighthaunt now want to run 3 cheaper heroes, and lots of mid range fighters. If they can take death thralls like bats or wolves, they are in an amazing place.

Having looked at it more, take a single Chainrasp so other Nighthaunt nearby can use the chilling horde buff, otherwise for 5 points more, the Glaivewraith Stalkers are so much more powerful.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Options
    Naomi from Sword ‘n Steele explains the rules differences and shows of all the sprues and assembled models from the new Warcry box:
    https://youtu.be/FGfjoIt2wnA

Rules changes:
    - You now can make warbands that have 3 heroes/leaders in a warband (although 1 is only considered “the leader”)
    - Flyers lose flying when carrying treasure
    - Carrying treasure gives a -1 Movement penalty
    - Reactions : spend an action in advance to trigger the reaction. Good for models that are about to die.

Those were the major differences.

The warband models allow a bit of customisation, both esthetic-wise as weapon-wise (weapon + shield, 2 weapons, weapon + net).

The models and scenery look amazing!

• Options
    Love the scenery. I want more of the ruins.
    Really seems like we are seeing a focus of lower points, toughness, and strength across a lot of the warbands. I didn't like it when I was only looking at the one I played, but seeing as it seems to be an across the board change, it doesn't seen as bad.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Have a bit of Chaos warbands : https://warhammer-community.com/2022/08/04/free-warcry-rules-for-your-grand-alliance-chaos-warbands/

No mention of Underworlds warbands yet :weary:
    Maybe they’ll keep those for the Tome of Champions?
    I’ll guess we’ll have to treat them as regular troops for the moment.

(I wonder if Underworlds warbands would get reactions too, so that you have warband reactions in addition to the faction reactions too)

• Options
    A little look at the changes of the faction I’m currently working on : Nurgle Daemons :

Reaction : reduces the damage of all melee attack hits by 1 (min. 1)
    Disgustingly Resilient now heals on a 3+ instead of a 4+
    Jolly Gutpipes now works within 7” instead of 6”
    Disgusting Sneeze went from a [Quad] within 9”, roll of 2+ does 2 damage to a [Triple] within 7”, roll of 2+ does 1 damage.
    Grandfather’s Blessing now works within 7” instead of 6”
    Menacing Overseer has been nerfed from a [Triple] to a [Quad]

The troops :
    Plagueridden goes down to 15 wounds, gains 1 toughness, and drops down to 90 pts.
    Plaguebearer gains 1 toughness and go up to 50 pts.
    Nurglings go down to 20 wounds, and drop down to 105 pts.
    Beast of Nurgle drops down to 150 pts.
    Plaguebringer (flyboy leader) gains 1 attack, 1 strength, goes up to 255 pts.
    Plague Drone (flyboy) gains 1 attack, 1 strength and hits with 2/4, and goes up to 205 pts.
    Poxbringer (herald) goes down to 20 wounds, and drops to 130 pts.
    Spoilpox Scrivener’s range goes up to 2, and drops to 135 pts.
    Sloppity Bilepiper drops to 20 wounds and drops to 130 pts.

So there are a lot of changes! Mainly leaders getting cheaper, plaguebearers getting a toughness buff, and the flyboys become more expensive but also more dangerous.

My warband of 9 plaguebearers + 1 plagueridden (plagebearer leader) + 3 nurglings went from 950 pts. (ToC 2021 values)
    to 9 plaguebearers + 1 plagueridden (plagebearer leader) + 3 nurglings + 1 beast of Nurgle to 995 pts.

• Options
    Yeah, my Slaves to Darkness got some nice points drops on everything, with a small 5pt increase on Marauders, so my list just got a lot more beef in it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I’m going to spend some time lost building with my son this weekend and then dig through the piles of grey sprues he has stocked up to see what we build for the new lists.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    A new Khrone warband for underworlds but only one figure was shown
    knvpuc1s6m6u.png
    0oj451hk01cp.png
    zn1sp2jgohgd.png

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    That would have been a great model for a Horns of Hashut warband, too bad they put him in Khorne.

Alternate post: just gimme my new chaos dwarfs already, GW!

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    He looks like he's equally devoted to Khorne and high fructose corn syrup.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    ???

surely you mean

High Fructose Khorne Syrup?

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    He looks like he's equally devoted to Khorne and high fructose corn syrup.

Khorne appreciates some fake blood too

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, it seems like the compendium book is delayed somewhere, and quite considerably delayed too, these pdfs are taken directly from the book it looks like, so they can't be expecting it to make it to shelves anytime soon. I imagine it was supposed to release with the rest of the new rules, but I'm not complaining, at some point they've gotta figure out digital rules releases are more reliable...

I know there is a pushback against GW having a book fetish. With the Horus Heresy books being up on their download page with many of the newer books for their boxed games being up there as well
    I think it's an experiment to see how well it sells and other things as they are only hyping up the HH books are there as downloads as ePub 🙁

• Options
    So while talking with my 10 year old, I think is new Warcry list is going to look like this:
    • Knight of Shrouds on Steed
    • Cairn Wraith
    • Spirit Host
    • Grimghast Reaper
    • Glaivewraith Stalker
    • Glaivewraith Stalker
    • Glaivewraith Stalker

The Knight on Steed isn't great for the points, but as it is his favorite model I don't think he's willing to leave it off the list. I'm still playing with KO lists...

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Painted my very first Stormcast, and Nurgling :smile:
    (I think the last model I've painted must be a plastic Space Marine from the RB1 box, or an Elf from the Warhammer Fantasy Armies plastic set box that contain dwarves, skaven, and wood elves, somewhere in the 80s)
    cp78q3kkwgy3.jpg
    I have fond memories from way way back in the 80s, that I had something like Citadel Catalogue 2 or Citadel Journal 2, which was basically a cross between a catalogue, with some rules and comics added to it.
    I loved the fact that they gave all the miniatures a name, especially the goblins who had almost all one-syllable names like Zit, Zub, Gob, Nib, etc.

So when I decided to pick up the hobby some 35 years later, Warcry tickled my fancy, because you basically make your own named warband.
    So my Liberator has his name starting with L and sounding pretty knightlike : Libramont. (Libramont is actually a town in Belgium).
    The Plaguebearers I've started on will all have names of contagious diseases, while the Rotmire Creed (which should arrive hopefully next week) will have names of symptoms because they are not fully sick/Nurgly enough.
    The 3 grouped Nurgling models I have I will probably name after their colour scheme, like The Spring (light greens), The Autumn (brownish green, brown, orange, yellow) and The Rainbow (you'll never guess that colour scheme).

• Options
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The new Warcry box is a very thicc box; just over 5 inches high (13cm for peeps like me)! :open_mouth:

EDIT: Oh nice, you can now create warbands with as much as 3 thralls, which means the Start Collecting box of the Gloomspite Gitz can use all 3 troggoths :smiley:
    (Previous edition only allowed up to 1 thrall).
    So you can have a 985 pts. warband of 1 Loonboss, 1 Squig Herder, 3 Cave Squigs and 3 Rockgut Troggoths.

Corporal Carl on
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    This warcry season will get three new boxes with new Ghur terrain and two new warbands each. One box every three months. Warbands from all factions, nut just Chaos. Preview video shows a skink.

• Options
    I'm excited for more non-human warbands. Also I hope some scenery leans hard into the ruins that the Ghur set had little pieces of.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    On the one hand I really liked the original idea of Warcry being its own thing with various chaos-influenced warbands, but I also see the point of adding rules for the regular AoS factions.

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    It’s odd that Skaven, a chaos AoS faction, have yet to get a specific warband considering warcry originally started out as a Chaos only affair.

Not that I’m adverse to Warcry including non-chaos warbands.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    New Black Library heroes are out

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/18/bring-two-black-library-heroes-to-life-with-free-warscrolls-battleplans-and-painting-videos/

I think I'm going to pick up the new vampire. Really good mobility for a foot hero (can move 14"), and lets me run a vampire lord that can actually punch pretty hard (5A 3+ 3+ -2 Rend D2, with an option to skip armor saves)

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, both those heroes seem pretty solid to me, the vampire moreso but I'm probably biased cos I like that model more anyway!

• Options
    Aw damn, no War Cry rules for them. If they put them out I might get the KO.

Comics, Games, Booze
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    I'm trying to decide what color scheme to go with for my Stormcast. I've been giving them new heads and plan on going with a complementary paint scheme inspired by the mini below, though I'm not going to go in for kitbashing in all the seals/covering over the shield and other stuff like that. I'm just too lazy. I will be going with straight iron for the main armor and probably a brass or bronze for the scale tabard and other metal bits, but the cloak and secondary colors I'm not sure. Was thinking black and lupercal green maybe? With the black being the cloth and the sea green being their secondary color.
    vo52ee2qut971.jpg

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Wow, you can also download the new Warcry Core rules for free!
    https://warhammer-community.com/2022/08/18/charge-headlong-into-warcry-with-free-core-rules-to-download/
    And it also has a download link to the Compendium pages they published a little while ago, and there is also a link to the warcrolls of not only The Horns of Hashut and the Rotmire Creed, but also the upcoming Chaos Legionaires warband and that Centaurion Marshall model. Nice!

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    And this is like 26 pages, not the 3-page reference sheet that Kill Team got

• Options
    Are the faction neutral big guys like the Ogroid Myrmidon in any of these pdfs?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options

Those are the tainted by chaos / enslaved by chaos, so they are the Allies in the Chaos PDF

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited August 2022

Those are the tainted by chaos / enslaved by chaos, so they are the Allies in the Chaos PDF

Yeah ogroids are specifically not neutral, or are considered neutral to chaos factions only.

I think they only appear in the slaves to darkness / Tzeentch (Thamaturge) books as well in regular AoS.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited August 2022
    So when I said I was too lazy to do the purity seals thing, that's still true I am still too lazy, but I am considering converting their shields and some other iconography by... scraping it off and putting something else on there. I just don't know what else to put.

A Griffon maybe?

Edit: They have gryph-chargers and gryph-hounds, I wish they'd taken the opportunity to add more straight up griffons in AoS

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Yeah ogroids are specifically not neutral, or are considered neutral to chaos factions only.

I think they only appear in the slaves to darkness / Tzeentch (Thamaturge) books as well in regular AoS.

I was actually thinking of the Fomoroid Crusher and getting my fantasy nonsense names mixed up, but I presume that’s the same deal.

MhCw7nZ.gif
This discussion has been closed.