As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Creature caster themselves usually have pictures of the size of their models. Go through their uploaded photos on their site for their models.

I've seen those, what I haven't found is the rough height of a bloodthirster for comparison.

I think all the models I want from creature caster are all daemon Prince sized and not thirster sized :x

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Has anyone painted Skaven doomwheels, plague furnaces, verminlords, screaming bells, warplightning cannons, and plagueclaws?

I was considering doing those all in sub assembly but I'm not sure since it is kind of making it stressful in my mind. Are they easy to paint fully built?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    I have two creature caster demons. The original CS "I can't believe it's not a KoS" and the "I can't believe it's not a LoS" ones. But I don't have the actual KoS/LoC, so I dunno how they compare. But they are more than twice as tall as a daemon prince, and definitaly greater daemon sized.

As for a bloodthirster, according to reddit: "From the ground to the top of [the thirster's] wings its 8" and 9" (with flames), and 4" and 5" (with flames) for their heads."

So CC warrior demon is shorter (could always give it an even more imposing base), while the king of war is slightly bigger. The lord and lady are prince sized.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Has anyone painted Skaven doomwheels, plague furnaces, verminlords, screaming bells, warplightning cannons, and plagueclaws?

I was considering doing those all in sub assembly but I'm not sure since it is kind of making it stressful in my mind. Are they easy to paint fully built?

Disclaimer I have not actually painted any of those models myself, but I have heard from various sources that the Doomwheel is particularly tricky to try and paint without sub-assemblies (and just looking at it and imagining having to get a brush into the interior detail is giving me conniptions!)
    The cannon and catapult look to be a bit more open, so you could probably get away with doing them in one piece, maybe leave the crew off for painting separately. Personally I would probably paint it in sub-assemblies, but I am notoriously over the top when it comes to that.
    Similarly the furnace/bell, you probably could get away with doing it as one big lump if you leave the crew off, but I personally would at least want to keep the stone archway and wooden base separate.
    The Verminlords are pretty open designs, you should be fine painting them more or less fully assembled, I'd imagine.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular

Disclaimer I have not actually painted any of those models myself, but I have heard from various sources that the Doomwheel is particularly tricky to try and paint without sub-assemblies (and just looking at it and imagining having to get a brush into the interior detail is giving me conniptions!)
    The cannon and catapult look to be a bit more open, so you could probably get away with doing them in one piece, maybe leave the crew off for painting separately. Personally I would probably paint it in sub-assemblies, but I am notoriously over the top when it comes to that.
    Similarly the furnace/bell, you probably could get away with doing it as one big lump if you leave the crew off, but I personally would at least want to keep the stone archway and wooden base separate.
    The Verminlords are pretty open designs, you should be fine painting them more or less fully assembled, I'd imagine.

I definitely want to sub assemble most of that stuff but I never end up painting for more than an hour or two before I get bored and I don't often feel motivated to paint so I wasn't sure if I really wanted to sub assemble or not. The biggest reason I wanted to sub assemble is so I could make the harder to reach details look really nice.

I'll just need to think about it more. Probably gonna stick to sub assembly.

I've also been doing sub assembly for my acolyte conversions and it kind of sucks to do so I might just fully build them.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Khraul wrote: »
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    Creature caster themselves usually have pictures of the size of their models. Go through their uploaded photos on their site for their models.

I've seen those, what I haven't found is the rough height of a bloodthirster for comparison.

I think all the models I want from creature caster are all daemon Prince sized and not thirster sized :x

For my slaanesh army I use Azazel as a demon prince he is as large as one but not too large
    As I said before I have the demon spearhead armies I got long ago. last week I got as part of a order the hero bases from AoS so I thought I would give skull taker one of the themed bases. I pull out his various parts from the box and he is larger than I thought so back to thinking about what am I going to do with the bases that I will not use

Brainleech on
  • DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    a

I did plagueclaws and furnaces, the furnaces are really easy to sort of do subassembly on, because the arch and the swinging censor can be attached after everything else, its basically snap fit. the monks and priest, and wheels are similar. Getting inside the furnace interiors to prime and base were terrible but you also cant really see inside for more than a base coat.

For the claw, I recomend doing all the skaven seperately then gluing them on, same with the wheels.

I did 2 sets, the first set I did with them all assembled was awful. get the frames put together at least first(except the arch/censor on furnace) and paint that and the rest seperately if you can, its much easier...

steam_sig.png
    zccw6z2d0gpd.jpg
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/16/warhammer-underworlds-the-2020-road-map/
    Yay the Dok warband is next month!
    I am curious what the next season is as well

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    OK, need to get that Brute warband to mix into my Ironjawz. Or run as its own unit on the off chance that they're actually good.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    In the old enemies of the imperium box set they had the old Leieth with trident
    6d7mohkosbr7.png
    Most of the characters in that box got updated models in the last year :rotate:
    I remember buying that Abbadon model back when it released in 2nd edition, spent 3 days painting him up. Played a game with him that weekend where he got taken out by swooping hawks with Vortex grenades. He didn't even get to fire a shot, was my first and only time I've ever thrown dice and someone and threatened their life. I was so pissed.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Hmmm. That season 4 artwork. Definitely a vampire skull in there. Which would also fit with some rumor engine pics. Then the moon things at the bottom is very lumineth/lileath. The different kinds of horns could be anything from sylvaneth to beastmen or nurgle. One of the earrings looks like a dwarven rune. The tassels could be more stormcasts or aelves.

honovere on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The underworlds season art rarely matches up with any proper AoS factions, for seasons 1 and 2 it was Katophrane heads, and Beastgrave had the face of one of 'The Silent People,' who perhaps once lived within Beastgrave according to the rulebook, I assume this is just another one of those.

Excited to get my hands on that DoK warband though, I've been waiting for that since the pattern of Underworlds releases became clear!

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Just finished my Stormsire Curse Breaker’s

Never again will I get confused on which one is which
    452kea4zomvo.jpeg

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Deffo going to pick up the Brutes and DoK warbands

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Both of those warbands look awesome, I'm definitely picking both of them up.

It might be fun to get a second set of the Daughters of Kain warband and see if it would be possible to replace the heads on the non-snake ones and then run them as Death Cult Assassins in my 40K Sisters army.

FAQs for the battletomes which didn't get updates in the GHB are now live, for those interested.

Mostly a whole lot of nothing points changes, but notably the Petrifex Elite +1 save trait has been wholly changed to a re-roll 1s to save versus melee weapons, summoning Pink Horrors through Gaunt Summoners or as a part of the Legion of Chaos Ascendent now brings in 5 model squads rather than 10, and Lord Kroak is still sitting happily at an inexplicable 320 points.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    the Petrifex Elite +1 save trait has been wholly changed to a re-roll 1s to save versus melee weapons

p07in9a1kjo9.gif

...to be fair, it was extremely good.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    the apparent tradeoff for the aforementioned GHB triumph change nerfing kharadron aethergold is pretty much everything that isn't infantry going down 20-30 points.

also cities of sigmar battlemages going up 20 points for some reason.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    the Petrifex Elite +1 save trait has been wholly changed to a re-roll 1s to save versus melee weapons

p07in9a1kjo9.gif

...to be fair, it was extremely good.

their existence meant that there was no reason to take any other unit in the army for competitive purpose

it was kinda nuts

also my chonky chonky boys barely got touched, which is not great

thurndertusk getting a point decrease rather than stonehorn is kinda?????

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Arent Stonehorns one of the smashiest monsters in the game? No one took Thundertusks because they were costed the same, but performed way worse.

website_header.jpg
    stonehorns are much smashier, but thundertusks are harder to kill and were 10 points cheaper

now they're a no-brainer

I still can't see much value in Thundertusks even with a points drop, their gun is carefully tuned to be bad against every target, their melee output is basically nothing, and they're not particularly tough to boot. Beyond counting for 10 models on objectives (which stonehorns also do but faster and killier) they don't have a lot going for them.

I still can't see much value in Thundertusks even with a points drop, their gun is carefully tuned to be bad against every target, their melee output is basically nothing, and they're not particularly tough to boot. Beyond counting for 10 models on objectives (which stonehorns also do but faster and killier) they don't have a lot going for them.

I'm talking specifically about frostlords

riders are pretty terrible comparatively yeah, but honestly both riders are not really worth it

Couple of minor point changes to my orruk warclans. Ardboys and shaman up 10, brutes and megaboss down 10. I was looking to run more brutes over boys anyway, so this works for me.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    So I have put together a 970 point Slaves to Darkness Warcy team:
    Chaos Marauder Chieftain (leader)
    Chaos Warrior Sword & Shield
    Chaos Warrior Twin weapons
    4x Chaos Marauders with flails
    4x Chaos Marauders with axe&shield

Trying to decide if I want to go with less models and replace 3 marauders with a Chosen or another Warrior, or go with even more Marauders.

Edit: or I could replace the Chieftain with one of the Chaos Warriors by turning them into an Aspiring or Exalted Champion but spending a lot more points to do so.

Gnome-Interruptus on
    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    I really would have gotten Warcry than the Terrain sets. As when it came out my brother was extra salty about his elves from warhammer and at the time it was just Chaos cults so talking him into that was a fool's quest
    I just have the graveyard and the shattered stormvault that I use for kill team. I kind of want to get two of the souldrain forest for the boards and terrain

But about the cults for it I thought the Cypher Lords are from the realm of Hysh where the realm lords live but on the map it did not show the city them are from

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I havnt tried StD in Warcry yet but just looking at the cards I'd definitely include a Chosen for killy power and 1 or 2 Horsemen for speed. The rest of the warband is just so slow

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Hi thread. Does anyone have any good/bad feedback on using r/miniswap? I have a Start Collecting Beasts with Herdstone, Gors, and Beastlord I'm looking to sell, seeing as they're collecting dust rather than paint.

R-dem wrote: »
    Hi thread. Does anyone have any good/bad feedback on using r/miniswap? I have a Start Collecting Beasts with Herdstone, Gors, and Beastlord I'm looking to sell, seeing as they're collecting dust rather than paint.

I've bought on there 4-5 time and sold at least 7. Nothing but good experiences, but it IS a buyer beware environment. Less hassle because you're selling though.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    R-dem wrote: »

Always follow their rule of only use PayPal business, never friends and family

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    It went swimmingly! I am a happy bean.

I am normally entirely a 40K player (the Beasts were supposed to be for a mutant Guard project that never took off), but I ended up with some Sequitors and have become obsessed with Stormcasts. I adore Astreia; beyond her and the obvious value of Soul Wars, what else should I be eyeballing?

For Stormcast it's a bit of a mixed bag, huge model range but quite a lot of dud units. Of course if you really like the look of something you'll probably be able to make it work in some capacity.

Sticking within the Sacrosanct chamber (the soul wars stuff) is mostly winners, sequitors, evocators, ballistae, support heroes to buff them up, all of that is good and useable as a core.

You can pick and mix from the other chambers as you like, really. The stardrake can do some work as an unkillable beast, but its damage output is low. Celestant Prime is fun but probably too expensive points wise. The vanguard hunter stuff tends to be a little weaker, but the sniper guys are a decent ranged unit. The strike chamber units are older and in a lot of cases are out shadowed by their Sacrosanct counterparts, but they do have cheap (if ineffective) battleline in Liberators, and valuable support heroes like the Castellant.

• SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    A little update about what the Aelven gods are up to:
    Malerion remains a being of profound mystery – as befits the lord of Ulgu, a realm of lies, deception, and hidden half-truths. We know that Malerion was instrumental in capturing Slaanesh, and that he has built some kind of empire in the Realm of Shadow. However, relationships between Malerion and his kin seem strained, with Battletome: Lumineth Realm-lords telling of strange shadow daemons in the employ of this god falling upon emissaries to his realm…

Tyrion
    Tyrion, like Teclis, was instrumental in the rise of the Lumineth Realm-lords. We’re yet to see this masterful warrior – we assume he’s crusading somewhere else. Let’s hope he doesn’t run into any ancient, evil swords…*

edited July 2020
    Also a hint that the Khainite warcry squad might be dropping sooner rather than later, which I would expect to come along with a warcry season 2, I guess, given it's a bit of a shift to the theming so far to have a purpose-designed order warband. But then I would have expected the scions of the flame to show up well before they kicked off season 2 given they were mentioned in the core rule book and all, so who knows, maybe a khainites versus scions of the flame boxed kit to kick things off?

Halos Nach Tariff on
    Ok what does Tyrion's reference to?
    Still I am really curious what Malerion's elves are I know the Khaninite warcry squad was not it still I am curious since the DoK book talked vaguely about the monsters he made and in the Realm lords as said the shadow demons were employed to him but it seems they are not

As I said earlier I did not get warcry other than the terrain sets because talking my brother into it would have been a fool's quest as he was salty about his elves from Warhammer and it was Chaos warbands with supported other units it basically was a no go

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Wouldn’t Tyrion be a reference to the Saord of Khaine?

-Loki- wrote: »
    Wouldn’t Tyrion be a reference to the Sword of Khaine?
    I thought of that and many other swords. The Sword of Khaine being a evil blade? I felt it was more a cursed blade than evil

• OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    I thought of that and many other swords. The Sword of Khaine being a evil blade? I felt it was more a cursed blade than evil

I think the thing is it messed him up bad in End Times.

Orogogus wrote: »

I think the thing is it messed him up bad in End Times.

Well since he is barely mentioned in the Realm Lords book yet had a big part to play in it
    I am not as curious as my brother is about Tyrion and if he has an army. Still the start collecting might be out in Sept so that might mean the other units and I can not longer run around picking him off with the reavers.

This discussion has been closed.