As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Realm lords are very much half a book right now. Reminds me of the adeptus mechanicus in 40k. First there was a skitarii codex with the "regular" military, then a second codex with the priests and robots and you could ally both armies and then when they had all the minatures out they got a third, combined book.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It for sure feels like there's a Teclis focused book bringing in the river element aspect (or whatever) that'll slot right into the Lumineth book at some point.

In fact you could almost see that being the case for all the aelf books right now, if a Kurnothi tome folds into Sylvaneth, and DoK are integrated into Malerions stuff in some aspect (I'd prefer this not to happen, but the shadow-themed warcry band does leave a window open!) which just has Idoneth as the odd one out in that regard.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Warcry band that is part of the DoK is kind of odd But like I said I am curious what Malerion's army is
    My brother is curious what Tyrion's is because the book does feel it's missing something {Before they said the army was casters I was making fun of it saying Teclis stole Tyrion's army} Tyrion plays a large part in the book and he is barely in it
    The Kurnothi aka satyr elves is one my brother is curious about but complains all we know about them comes from the beastgrave warband and a pamphlet of lore nothing more

The ally chart I posted a few pages ago is interesting as no one wants to be friends with the Idoneth

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Went a bit crazy and tried to pick up a Warcry original starter off of EBay

Seller was asking for $400 so I priced out what it would cost me:
    GW Store Warcry starter new version $184 (terrain, rule book, board, etc)
    Wholesale Warcry squads $51 ea x2
    Wholesale beasts $47

So I think that covers everything in the original starter box, for about $320

Original msrp was $200 so I put in an offer of $320 but the seller was too greedy and wouldn’t accept.

Thankfully the fever has passed and now I haven’t impulse spent over $320 on something

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • NoughtNought Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The ally chart I posted a few pages ago is interesting as no one wants to be friends with the Idoneth

Have you ever shaken hands with someone with really damp hands?

I rest my case.

On fire
    Island. Being on fire.
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Nought wrote: »

I rest my case.

For some reason all the diplomats that get sent to the Idoneth realms die of mysterious “breathing difficulties” despite being perfectly healthy so everyone stopped trying. Especially when they found out the same thing happened to Nagash’s embassy…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Nought wrote: »

I rest my case.

6pta4egg2ylh.jpg

Yeah, they’re “Order” not ‘good’ – amazing how many people get those confused.

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Finally built my Corvus Cabal that I've had from the Warcry box for them and damn, some of those models fucking suck to put together.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    14 year old me would be incredibly disappointed if he knew I now play three different factions of filthy elves.

And if they make a Kurnothi army I will be playing that too.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    Is forge world made to order? I wanted to get the big Skaven bloodbowl team and I was curious how it works.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Is forge world made to order? I wanted to get the big Skaven bloodbowl team and I was curious how it works.

Stuff made to order says as much, otherwise theres nothing special

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    Stragint wrote: »

Stuff made to order says as much, otherwise theres nothing special

Cool, that is what I was hoping. Thank you!

Looking forward to getting this Skaven team and playing the new season of bloodbowl.

Yay the Orks and Dok warbands for Beastgrave/Warhammer underworlds come out next week

Woo! Found a small game shop in Quebec that had a copy of Warcry Starter for MSRP.

Hopefully will ship soon, as they aren’t setup for outbound shipping, but we’re willing to offer it for splitting the cost of shipping.

steam_sig.png
    The Dok warband is up and oddly they inspire on the 3rd round
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/11/warband-focus-morgwaeths-blade-coven/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/11/warband-focus-morgwaeths-blade-coven/
    Unless they kill a bunch of dudes and their leader is still alive. That part is kinda important.
    Actually, not many bands have a guaranteed inspire do they? For the ones where the leader does something to inspire them, previously there’s been no “oops they’re dead” get-out clause

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I don't recall any off the top of my head, taking out Thundrik early is often a major advantage against the profiteers cos they can't inspire after that.

Though it could be intended to represent the DoK battle trait in AoS where the get more buffed up as the battle goes on, I suppose.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    There are a few universal cards that let you inspire a fighter immediately, either as gambits or upgrades.

edited August 2020
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    Unless they kill a bunch of dudes and their leader is still alive. That part is kinda important.
    Actually, not many bands have a guaranteed inspire do they? For the ones where the leader does something to inspire them, previously there’s been no “oops they’re dead” get-out clause

Magore has the oops all dead
    z0sjrlwbjoco.png

Brainleech on
    So they printed the rules for the all squig army in the white dwarf and out of looncurse
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/11/jaws-of-mork-a-squigalanche/
    a3jp9iwlq8o9.png
    I know this army has a problem with getting shot since my brother used the idoneth to cut down half of it before it reached him {he used the 20+ Namarti I have to do this}
    I do want to get some more squigs and a mangler to round it out

I had forgot about the eyes of nine having one of the worst inspires in the game
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONNtwNlPk3k
    I bought a bunch of the decks on ebay to try to make a casting deck but I kind of lost interest in doing that during my summer of hell

• [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Woo! Found a small game shop in Quebec that had a copy of Warcry Starter for MSRP.

Hopefully will ship soon, as they aren’t setup for outbound shipping, but we’re willing to offer it for splitting the cost of shipping.

One thing to keep in mind with warcry: With the Iron Golems, you can't build 1000 pts (standard size) warband with what's in the box. Or can you?

Build the ogre, dwarf, dominar, and drillmaster normally. Build the imagifer/prefector as the prefector (axe dude) and bola/twin hammer legionnaire as a bola legionnaire.

Take the legionnaire with shield that is leaning forward and replace his shield with one of the bolas bits (normally used for belt decoration). This is now your second bola legionnaire.

1fk4fu41dog9.jpg

On the last legionnaire, instead of using her hammer hand, use the icon hand from the imagifer. Either leave her shield on, or use a spare arm (from the Untamed Beasts) and the spare hammer from the imagifer/prefector to give her the correct hammer hand, too. Then put her on a larger base, and she's now your imagifer.

f81m4c5xlers.jpg

A little bit of shaving/GS is necessary with both (and I pinned the giant icon).

Final warband is Dominar, Breacher, Signifer, Prefector, Drillmaster, Armator and 2x bola legionnaires at exactly 1000 pts. The Untamed Beasts are 1000 pts out of the box. Are any of these good warbands? No clue; never had a chance to play (thanks, corona!) but at least they are both 1000 pts.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
    Watching lots of videos online, Untamed beasts seem to be in a good spot.

Iron Golems not so much due to low movement and high toughness, meaning they give up board control and are susceptible to crit fishing teams.

steam_sig.png
    My Iron Golems strategy is usually "Have a couple of Ogor Breachers walk around together and beat everything to death". It has worked incredibly well in the last two games I played.

Between Covid and work schedules and the deluge of other GW games it has been a really, really long time since I've played Warcry though.

• AsherAsher Registered User regular
    For literally no reason I'm really feeling the urge to paint my Nurgle boyos (and girlo) again. The main issue I always had was I had NFI how to base them, nut since getting a desert mat, I'm going all on on desert basing for all my armies. Buuuut, playing around with lists I remember why I kinda stalled. I feel like with Summoning being a thing I just need to have so many Daemons.

I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    I know the feeling of the pandemic and work being a ouroboros weighing down you
    With the amount of stuff GW has put out doesn't bother me as i sadly have to plan out what i am getting so the heads up of a week+ is nice
    I do want to paint more just work really leaving me drained that not even the weekend can refresh me so it kills painting for yet another week. I really want to play Blackstone or warhammer underworlds just my brother is going stir crazy and wants to do certain things getting annoyed with how everything is basically closed
    LikeI have said I would have gotten into Warcry if I could have talked him into it other than the terrain sets

I know those feels! I haven't been able to play any games outside of TTS for aaaaages and i've been having work stresses which has killed my desire to paint and then not painting bums me out more, so you, an ouroboros of suck, just like you said. I think I just need to reset and set some small paint goals, like basing 20 Plaguebearers say.

An ETB box (the ones that are basically a Warhammer Underworlds warband, but without the game cards) makes for a pretty decent small paint goal. You're looking at 3-7 models, all with pre-textured bases. You can choose one from an AOS army you already have to get another unit (or alternate sculpts for an existing unit), or pick one for an army you don't have to get a completely new painting experience.

Asher wrote: »
    For literally no reason I'm really feeling the urge to paint my Nurgle boyos (and girlo) again. The main issue I always had was I had NFI how to base them, nut since getting a desert mat, I'm going all on on desert basing for all my armies. Buuuut, playing around with lists I remember why I kinda stalled. I feel like with Summoning being a thing I just need to have so many Daemons.

Nurgle summoning is pretty light in practice, you don't normally rack up enough points for a GUO or anything like that. Of course it is helpful to have a wider pool to draw your summoning options from, but just having like, a spare unit of plaguebearers and plague drones, maybe a herald and gnarlmaw, would be plenty in most circumstances.

An ETB box (the ones that are basically a Warhammer Underworlds warband, but without the game cards) makes for a pretty decent small paint goal. You're looking at 3-7 models, all with pre-textured bases. You can choose one from an AOS army you already have to get another unit (or alternate sculpts for an existing unit), or pick one for an army you don't have to get a completely new painting experience.
    Yeah for sure. I was in a real paint funk a year or back and found Underworlds a perfect Palette cleanser. Now I have 11+ warbands.
    Asher wrote: »

Nurgle summoning is pretty light in practice, you don't normally rack up enough points for a GUO or anything like that. Of course it is helpful to have a wider pool to draw your summoning options from, but just having like, a spare unit of plaguebearers and plague drones, maybe a herald and gnarlmaw, would be plenty in most circumstances.

Sweet, that's kinda what I thought, but that's still an extra gnarlmaw, 3 drones and 10-20 odd plaguebearers I need as a side board. I should probably just bite the bullet and get them, but im cheaaaaaap and laaaaaaazy.

For sure it's not nothing, I guess basically a SC box and a tree would cover most of it. But on the bright side at least it's not Slaanesh, even post-FAQ I feel like I need to bring an extra 50% worth of models, just in case!

Yeah that's basically what my shopping list is. Now I just have to wait for them to come back in stock sometime.

I do wonder what the art in this card is of?
    fo838qfdm5jx.jpg

More orks? for the next season of Warhammer Underworlds

With the new board games they showed off yesterday I wonder if Dreadfane is going away as I still want to get it for the minis and boards

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    fo838qfdm5jx.jpg

With the new board games they showed off yesterday I wonder if Dreadfane is going away as I still want to get it for the minis and boards

That is 'Ardskull
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/10/warband-focus-morgoks-krushas/

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    fo838qfdm5jx.jpg

I don't play Underworlds, and honestly, nothing puts me off more than the wording on this card.

"Fighter's fighter card"

Jesus.

honovere wrote: »
    fo838qfdm5jx.jpg

That is 'Ardskull
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/08/10/warband-focus-morgoks-krushas/

i figured it out when I looked at that after I posted

Norgoth wrote: »
    I don't play Underworlds, and honestly, nothing puts me off more than the wording on this card.

"Fighter's fighter card"

Jesus.

Underworlds is rad though. I play with a friend and we don't follow the tournament restrictions or anything, plus we've added some house rules. It's a fun way to spend an afternoon if you don't have the time or energy for playing a full blown game of Warhammer.

Underworlds is so good. It's rare a system works so fell for both beer and pretzels fun time and no holds barred competitive play.
    It's even rarer for me to enjoy both styles of play too.

This discussion has been closed.