As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Neat dice but I am curious are they printed on or?

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    pardzh wrote: »
    Please GW, stop putting weird pips on 1s and 6s :(

I actually love everything else about those

I like symbols on 1’s because I play Tyranids and Genestealer cult and basically all of their reroll abilities are rerolling 1’s.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Faction symbol on 6 is fine, but if wish they’d stop occasionally using a skull for 1s. It’s not consistent and sometimes the faction symbol is quite skull related!

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The skul also looks so out of place on the lumineth dice.

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Faction symbol on 6 is fine, but if wish they’d stop occasionally using a skull for 1s. It’s not consistent and sometimes the faction symbol is quite skull related!

The Genestealer Cult symbol is on the 1, and again I’m fine with that considering the amount of rerolls on 1 they have.

Though I’d have been fine with 6 considering its Rending The Faction.

Symbols on both 6 and 1 is dumb. Pick one.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Just use pips for 1-5 and a symbol for the 6, it's not that hard. Literally every other dice manufacturer besides GW has figured this out.

They don't actually make dice that are intended to be used in their own games - the Deepkin dice are the best recent example of this. If you can roll six of those and are quickly able to see what your results are at tabletop distance than you're a better man than I.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I have some ultramarines dice that use roman numerals and are all different colors on blue dice. Zero legibility.

That said I may grab some of these Hysh dice just for the novelty of having some cylindrical dice.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    The best dice GW has made in recent years are the ones in the SoB ltd ed box marketed as “miracle dice”: plain white with pips, big, and solid. I use the fancy ones with the fleur-de-lys pips as miracle dice instead.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I used the eldar dice for markers and such as they were too tiny to be of use for anything else

Weird I got two boxes and some other slaanesh items from someone on ebay [much of it was still in the boxes wrapped!}
    With the seekers the weird thing is in one box I got oval bases the other I got the old warhammer long square and motorcycle bases
    Both had the same box so I felt it was just odd but I don't know I am leaning to just using the motorcycle ones

• -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Well it finally happened, a night haunt arm snapped off while dry-brushing a weapon. Makes me wish I was painting ironjawz or troggs, something solid and chunky.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Weird I got two boxes and some other slaanesh items from someone on ebay [much of it was still in the boxes wrapped!}
    With the seekers the weird thing is in one box I got oval bases the other I got the old warhammer long square and motorcycle bases
    Both had the same box so I felt it was just odd but I don't know I am leaning to just using the motorcycle ones

Yeah, with daemon kits what bases you get in the box kinda depends when the boxing occurred! The newer AoS branded boxes will only have the appropriate ovals/rounds, but earlier WHFB boxes could have a mix of squares and rounds. The official base size for seeker cavalry is the small oval cavalry bases, but I doubt anyone will complain if they're on the old rounded bike bases.

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Yeah I have a ton of square bases from building a Legions of Nagash army, since the majority of that line is just WHFB stuff.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    TIL that back in the 80s warhammer orcs weren't the football hooligans they later turned into (more pronounced in 40k than in fantasy/aos) but they were basically the stand in for the conservatives under Thatcher and their rightwing violence against unions and the left. Like literally orc banner bearers with the face of Thatcher on the banner among other things. Ghazkull is probably the last remnant of that but know I understand the context of his name better.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2020
    -SPI- wrote: »
    Well it finally happened, a night haunt arm snapped off while dry-brushing a weapon. Makes me wish I was painting ironjawz or troggs, something solid and chunky.

CHONKY LADZ is the name of my next band army.

Echo on
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    So Teclis can auto cast up to 4 spells per turn.

If you choose 1 spell it's automatically cast and cannot be unbound.

If you choose 2 spells they're auto cast with a casting value of 12.

If you choose 3 or 4 spells they're auto cast with a casting value of 10.

Some of the Lumineth spells are nasty. One lets you pick one enemy unit and a roll a number of dice equal to the casting value. So 12 if Teclis chooses to use 1 or 2 spells this turn.

Every dice that rolls under that units save value causes a mortal wound. Though a 1 or 2 is always a fail which means this spell can decimate hordes of units with crappy saves.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    The battletome was included in the realmlords box a few months ago, so all the rules are floating about, but yes, as wizards go Teclis is amongst the best!
    Though he's also over 600 points in a generally pricey army, with limited non-magical offence and no real defences to speak of, so my suspicion is the top lumineth lists wont include him.

• pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    600 points still seems wildly undercosted, in comparison to the other centerpiece AoS models.

gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
    If we want to get specific Teclis is 660 points, which (unless I'm forgetting someone) makes him the third most expensive model of that type behind Nagash at 880 and Archaon at 800. I do think Nagash is probably over costed there, especially post Petrifex nerf, but that seems generally in the right ball park, Teclis is presents a very (very!) strong magic phase, but not much else. And you have to start considering if those 660 points might not go better into more bodies or whatever.

I will say I'm not generally a fan of the Teclis style models that are extremely good at just one thing, when playing against him certain armies simply will not be able to cast their 1/2 spells, etc. But I don't think his points are off base.

With the Broken Realms I am still curious if they will add more to the Realm Lords as my brother pointed out the other day if Shadespire's new season has a water mage realm lord as rumored then the did put the book out too early but it makes sense during this pandemic
    Still I am curious about the Broken Realm books

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    With the Broken Realms I am still curious if they will add more to the Realm Lords as my brother pointed out the other day if Shadespire's new season has a water mage realm lord as rumored then the did put the book out too early but it makes sense during this pandemic

I believe the Lumineth range is the smallest range for an AoS faction yet, and if that's all they ultimately get, then I'm going to be disappointed (I know there isn't anything in the army book that hasn't got a model).

I will say that I like the look of the shadow elves and would be interested in seeing more of them, but on the other hand, that's yet another elf faction.....

Also, when are Skaven getting redone eh? Give me new Ninja or Steampunk rats please.

PSN Fleety2009
    Ha, Blade of Leaping Gold is back. +3 attacks right in the nostalgia.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

I believe the Lumineth range is the smallest range for an AoS faction yet, and if that's all they ultimately get, then I'm going to be disappointed (I know there isn't anything in the army book that hasn't got a model).

I will say that I like the look of the shadow elves and would be interested in seeing more of them, but on the other hand, that's yet another elf faction.....

Also, when are Skaven getting redone eh? Give me new Ninja or Steampunk rats please.

Seraphon and Skaven both need a bit of a refresh in certain areas. They probably have the oldest models available.

The fact that Slann are resin only is a crime and some of the skaven clans are only metal/resin.

honovere wrote: »
    Ha, Blade of Leaping Gold is back. +3 attacks right in the nostalgia.

I went and quickly looked in the realm lords book to see if it was in there
    I could not find any wargear in the quick look so I am now scared and annoyed I will have to buy the army book again

Now Lumineth just need some kind of character that isn't a squishy caster to give the blade to.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    Now Lumineth just need some kind of character that isn't a squishy caster to give the blade to.

That's empty armour guy isn't it?

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

That's empty armour guy isn't it?

Named character though, so he can't have a relic.

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular

Ironjawz have 3unit types, 4 hero types and a special character...plus no unique endless spells or terrain :P

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    Dayspring wrote: »

Ironjawz have 3unit types, 4 hero types and a special character...plus no unique endless spells or terrain :P

Nor do the dok yet.....

Fyreslayers are in a similar spot, there are only 3 units in the book which aren't heroes.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, that Fyreslayers/Ironjawz situation is why I'm extra annoyed that Sigmarines get new unit after new unit pumped out on an assembly line.

GW had a chance to split attention, both from GW and the community, more equally between available factions. I seriously don't want AoS to also end up like 40k where Space Marines alone are like 30% of GW's revenue, or whatever it was when I checked.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Omg Cities of Sigmar are coming to Warcry, all 18 unit types in one faction :o

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Echo wrote: »
    Yeah, that Fyreslayers/Ironjawz situation is why I'm extra annoyed that Sigmarines get new unit after new unit pumped out on an assembly line.

GW had a chance to split attention, both from GW and the community, more equally between available factions. I seriously don't want AoS to also end up like 40k where Space Marines alone are like 30% of GW's revenue, or whatever it was when I checked.

It does seem like they have slowed down some on the SCE releases of late, not even showing up in the starter boxes for Warcry or Underworlds, though that said if we do wind up getting an AoS 3rd edition next year I'd expect to see a new stormcast chamber opened up, hopefully they'll be able to get a degree of internal balance with it this time...

I guess now that most of the battletomes are pretty much caught to speed up this would be a good time to start releasing some sacrosanct style add-ons for existing armies, in a lot of cases just a unit dual-kit or two and a couple of hero/elite options would be enough to spice up some of the smaller ranges.

Omg Cities of Sigmar are coming to Warcry, all 18 unit types in one faction :o

That's basically a DnD PC group for warcry

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Crossposting from the 40k thread - Have any of you guys used any of the tabletop aimed 4x6 foldup game tables? Stuff like the Alpha Game Table?

I'm thinking of building something for my new place, but I'm also thinking of just buying something so I can skip all of the work.

I do but I was really looking at replacing the fold up table for various reasons
    It's more of a 1M square table

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Crossposting from the 40k thread - Have any of you guys used any of the tabletop aimed 4x6 foldup game tables? Stuff like the Alpha Game Table?

I'm thinking of building something for my new place, but I'm also thinking of just buying something so I can skip all of the work.

I have one of those ALPHA gaming tables, just not in the sweet jet black.

I can personally vouch for it's sturdiness, portability, and ease of use. Also, the dude who runs it is a stand-up guy from what I've seen and is real cool. Give him your money.

• R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    My Warhammer buddies have informed me that a small, locally owned game store in their city has a Warcry starter set hidden away.

Why, I do believe I shall take a road trip tomorrow.

So it's not high on my list as I thought GW was going to put out the start collecting for the Realm Lords this week {my brother and I bet they will be a xmas deal if they do them this year} But I am curious what the difference between the preview release book and this book are other than the artifacts

Warcry Catacombs is on my list but it's more of how much then try to talk my brother into it as he is not fond of chaos {I still feel they are going to sneak in Malerion's as sneaking around seems to be his forte}

So it's not high on my list as I thought GW was going to put out the start collecting for the Realm Lords this week {my brother and I bet they will be a xmas deal if they do them this year} But I am curious what the difference between the preview release book and this book are other than the artifacts

The Realmlords battletome from the collectors box and the standard one releasing next week are identical in terms of content and page count, the one in the box is a 'collector's edition' with a fancy cover and the like, as far as I am aware there are no other differences.

This discussion has been closed.