As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The Crimson Court* look so great to me. Not Vampirates, which would have been fun, but classic gothic Warhammer styling. (I actually think the one they showed off first - sword-hair lady - is just good, but the other three are fantastic.

82wdjh5qlzn5.jpg

The Warhammer Quest box, likewise, looks very cool. What's the price like on those boxed games?

*I just know I'm going to mess up and constantly call them The Court of the Crimson King.

The thing is this is the look I wanted when long ago for the vampire knights not the Bretonnian knight with skulls slapped on
    though I am curious about the Warhammer quest minis I know that witch hunter will be the one people want if/when people start parting it out

The price for Warhammer quest if it has the boat load of minis will probably be 170+

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I would expect about $150, the same as Blackstone. Looks like they are taking a similar approach to the number of minis: 8 heroes, 5 enemies. No word on the board but I would expect double-sided card tiles and the usual boatload of cards and dice.

Sliver tower had 60! minis
    Shadows Over Hammerhal had 31 minis
    Blackstone had 44 minis
    So I do not think it's going to be a mere 8 heroes and 5 enemies

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    5 'boss' style enemies, there'll be minions and stuff as well (presumably 2-5 minions tying in with each boss, I'd guess.)

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    5 'boss' style enemies, there'll be minions and stuff as well (presumably 2-5 minions tying in with each boss, I'd guess.)

Ah, I misread their site. I would maybe guess this box is going to near $200. If they're doing a multi-campaign box with a large number of minis, I can see this being a little more expensive. No doubt they're looking at the popularity of things like Gloomhaven and thinking how they can compete in that space.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    It just occurred to me that they could easily fill white dwarf with “expansions” that add models from Warhammer Underworlds as heroes and villains to this iteration of WHQ, like they sometimes did for random 40K models and blackstone fortress… could be fun.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    It just occurred to me that they could easily fill white dwarf with “expansions” that add models from Warhammer Underworlds as heroes and villains to this iteration of WHQ, like they sometimes did for random 40K models and blackstone fortress… could be fun.

They've done this for every iteration of WHQ all the way back to the original. I would be surprised if the trend didn't continue.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    New warhammer quest, Ulfenkarn. vampires and undead as opponents. Looks like 4 adventurers, a witchhunter (with a musket with underslung grenadestake launcher), a duardin, an ogor, and a wanderer or kurnothi.

8 Adventurers according to the site, there's some art floating about that adds two female possibly stormcast. One with a greatsword and one that seems more of a wizard/cleric type.
    Then five bosses based around different areas of the city, including a tainted slyvaneth grove.

This artwork?
    CursedCity_SocialShare.jpg

I don't think those are Stormcast. The caster in the back has soe headgear that looks a bit similar to that realm of light warcry warband. That plus her staff makes me think light wizard from Hysh.

The knight doesn't look heavily armoured enough for a stormcast. Also seems to have decorated their armour with the pelt and head of a gryphhound.

Three other bosses can be seen as artwork on the website around the map. two vampire looking types and a priest/wizard with a cat and a bat.

The Sylvaneth embassy location is probably where those tree zombies show up that are in the trailer and have been featured in some teaser before.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    If this could just be normal folks vs undead that would be /chefkiss

edited January 2021
    That picture plus the kurnoth/wanderer and ogor from the video is only 6 models. There might still be a stormcast in there.

The little placeholder for the unrevealed adventurers on the website could be one. Edit: nope, it's the knight, zooming in the gryphhound beak is quite visible

honovere on
    With the website I am curious will they do expansions like Blackstone got

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    Just throwing darts based entirely on the fact the knight has little flame icons on their armor...

Eight heroes - Eight Realms
    Knight is Aqshy. Wizard is Hysh. Kurnoth is Ghyran. Ogor is Ghur.
    Kharadron probably Chamon? Witch Hunter is Shysh maybe? Stormcast probably Azyr?
    Then we'd need the eighth to be from Ulgu, so something shadowy/slaanesh-y?

Probably another Elf of Malerion with more questions than answers

edited January 2021
    I think that's twin-tailed comets on the knight rather than flame icons. Looks like the ears maybe pointed too. EDIT: Or not. Hard to tell.

Dr_Keenbean on
    Nealneal wrote: »
    Just throwing darts based entirely on the fact the knight has little flame icons on their armor...

Eight heroes - Eight Realms
    Knight is Aqshy. Wizard is Hysh. Kurnoth is Ghyran. Ogor is Ghur.
    Kharadron probably Chamon? Witch Hunter is Shysh maybe? Stormcast probably Azyr?
    Then we'd need the eighth to be from Ulgu, so something shadowy/slaanesh-y?

Those icons are the twin tailed comet of sigmar I think.

Background article on the witch hunter today doesn't reveal where he's from, just that he used to be member of the order of azyr and that his self immolating stakes are from aqshy.

• NealnealNealneal Registered User regular
    I see it now. I guess I'm just used to it being more... comet-y. Oh well, it was fun speculation on my part.

I only recognise it looking like that from the stormcast transfer sheet

Totally agree unrelated: why are there so few and lackluster transfer sheets for AoS anyway?

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    With the website I am curious will they do expansions like Blackstone got

Did the Blackstone Fortress expansions make money? If yes, than there will be expansions like Blackstone got.

I hope they give rules for using the Sigmarite Priest and his Loyal Grypth Hound Wardoggy. I liked playing that model combo in Silver Tower a lot, and was sad when GW basically squatted him by not giving him rules or point costs in any of the new AOS books.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's an awesome model, for sure, I dig all of the silver tower heroes except for the Fyreslayer, but you're gonna have a hard time getting me to appreciate any Fyreslayer really. Shame there's not really any human priests in Cities of Sigmar, would've been a fine proxy, I guess you could use him as a battle mage or something.

edited January 2021
    It's an awesome model, for sure, I dig all of the silver tower heroes except for the Fyreslayer, but you're gonna have a hard time getting me to appreciate any Fyreslayer really. Shame there's not really any human priests in Cities of Sigmar, would've been a fine proxy, I guess you could use him as a battle mage or something.

I just use him with his old warscroll and points. Being able to heal 1D3 wounds to an Order unit (or deal 1D3 mortal wounds to a Chaos unit) plus being able to deny a spell is nice. The dog's ability to do an immediate 6" move (with a good roll) after attacking means I basically got to move 9", charge, attack, then move an additional 6" (only to rinse and repeat next turn) meant that I could basically daisy chain my way across the board with a single model to end up on an objective. I think I may have to pick up an entire unit of Gryph Hounds for some movement shenanigans.

SmokeStacks on
    Barnes and Noble is blowing out Dreadfane for half price ($25), not a bad way to start Underworlds (or get a couple more warbands). Have the clerk double check if the discount isn't applying though, it's on some sort of "Last Chance" list but the stickers at the store I stopped at were still full price.

Barnes and Noble is blowing out Dreadfane for half price ($25), not a bad way to start Underworlds (or get a couple more warbands). Have the clerk double check if the discount isn't applying though, it's on some sort of "Last Chance" list but the stickers at the store I stopped at were still full price.

Ok that's why I am seeing Dreadfane on ebay for cheap
    I want to get it [for completionist ideals} As Warhammer Underworlds aka shadespire or whatever name we use for the time is a weekly played game. Just getting to Barnes was kind of a pain on a bike
    Blackstone and kill team brought up the argument of we need a new table {we use a old card table

Also DoK players can use the new battalions in any temple, which is good news, though I suppose there's not much point putting lists together given there's a new book coming soon.

No (or very light) points adjustments unfortunately, though it's not as if I'm able to play any games right now anyway so whatever, hopefully they look into some of the higher performing scrolls as things start to open up again.

I am curious if the Dok will get new models or leaders or even new named characters other than Morthai
    because of ebay I basically have a bunch of Melusai and Khinerai but no SoS and only 20 witches. just I lack glue I ordered some from Deutschland earlier in the month but it's taking forever to arrive [I got 5 bottles of the Revell Contacta 25g} In a various point talk with my brother about the new Teclis book and models I told him I was going to get the Morthai book but with the new DoK book being around the corner was he willing to wait the 6/8 months for the new realm lords {he for as far as I know has not seen the video or the new models as he is not getting Hyped up for anything}

All but the Sylvaneth book arrived today!
    I got him the photobomb [teclis} a stonemage, a cathcallar, 2 sentinels 1 more warden and 1 dawnrider as well as the endless spells I know outside of the look of the cathcallar and stonemage building a realm lords army is a lot like building an old high elf one
    As I am kind of annoyed that the realm lords get a lot of new and neat stuff but in the same conversation my brother said don't be

Reading the article on the lumineth spirits. The lumineth had yet another fall that gave rise to chaos and slannesh? First, come on gw, elves, eldar are allowed to have some other background. Second, how does that even fit with slannesh being bound from before the creation of the lumineth up until just recently?

Reading the article on the lumineth spirits. The lumineth had yet another fall that gave rise to chaos and slannesh? First, come on gw, elves, eldar are allowed to have some other background. Second, how does that even fit with slannesh being bound from before the creation of the lumineth up until just recently?

I don't think so but I feel the article was a tease for the end
    The rarest and most difficult Hyshian spirits to tame are those of the zenith, the pure light that exists above the clouds. Very few are the Lumineth who have successfully bonded with them – each is a powerful mage in their own right.

That's all in the Lumineth battletome, which I don't own to be able to give you particulars, but I'm sure the details will be on some wiki somewhere or something. Elves thinking they're hot shit whilst ruining things for everyone is a universal constant, it's basically the best thing about elves!

The StD warband has an interesting mechanic, but I think it will make for a weird first turn when you are basically going to want to park half of your warband onto objectives instead of going full aggro.

Desecrating objectives will be a pretty hard counter to objective based warbands, especially with the card that lets you swap objectives or any other objective movement shenanigans.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The whole desecration thing seems like a complete ‘fuck you, you lose’ to an objective focussed deck. Whilst still being a generally pretty bad ass killing band? I’ve been out of the competitive scene since early Beastgrave but that seems a rather seismic shockwave.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    What do desecration tokens do? Other than mark an objective that has been desecrated? I can’t find them in the rules…

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    What do desecration tokens do? Other than mark an objective that has been desecrated? I can’t find them in the rules…

Probably in the box with them. I just think they change objectives/hexes to no longer work or you have to go around
    More of that meta board placement stuff

The whole desecration thing seems like a complete ‘fuck you, you lose’ to an objective focussed deck. Whilst still being a generally pretty bad ass killing band? I’ve been out of the competitive scene since early Beastgrave but that seems a rather seismic shockwave.

There is definitely some hardcore power creep going on compared to warbands from previous seasons, you've basically got Steelheart's Champions but with a free level 2 wizard added.

I think that they'll be very strong against objective focused warbands, but when you think about it they themselves are basically an objective focused warband as well. In order to inspire they need to either be on an objective, or kill someone that is on an objective, so if you have any cards that let you remove or flip or move objectives you may be able to take some of the wind out of their sails. Objective placement will be very important, but on the upside you'll be able to look at the board at the beginning of the game and unless the StD player has something up their sleeve you'll be able to get a pretty good idea of what their early game movement plans are going to be. My Underworlds games are 100% beer and pretzels though (we disregard the banned/restricted list and have some house rules), so there is a pretty good chance that I have no idea what I am talking about with regards to the competitive Underworlds scene.

The biggest problem I have with the new warband is that it's $40.

Really? I noticed the Dok and latest orc warbands were 35 compared to the 33 for the ones before [the nightvault/shadespire ones were 30}
    I just play my brother so it's random warbands {yes I custom built some decks like the eyes of nine spells for days} random boards
    I didn't play at the GW store as the people were not fun {one was a real sore loser I expect this from children not a overweight middleaged man}
    I have yet to get dreadgasm as my brother and I have been playing the arena for quick and nasty games as I have said before our plan last year was a build a new table to play games on since the card table was getting to small for some of the games and had seen better days

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    The smug tit self-styled king of the WH Underworlds FB community is hinting that the desecrate rules have more to them than the WHC article says and that the article might in fact be incorrect. Maybe objectives can be resecrated after being desecrated?

MhCw7nZ.gif
    Like a power wash to get the feces off? Is that the fish elves?

consenter most of the games only last 4 to 5 turns so getting all the objects is hard in itself losing one of two is not game breaking

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Picked up the new Warcry agents of Chaos Grand Alliance book

My Slaves to darkness got done a bit dirty.

Some big nerds on the Darkoath Chieftan bringing him from 5 str/att and his ability being on a double in the original Monsters & Mercenaries

Now he has 4str/atk his ability is on a quad now, and he costs 5 more points to bring.

My Darkoath Warqueen also lost her aoe movement boost on a double, and now has an aoe atk boost on a triple. Which while nice, wasn’t the reason I bought that model :(

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
    Interesting, I assumed those books would just be reprints. Do Warcry stats get adjusted in an FAQ or anything? I haven't been following that closely.

This discussion has been closed.