As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    Really hoping Belakor will be a kit that can build generic Deamon Princes, too

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Really hoping Belakor will be a kit that can build generic Deamon Princes, too

I wonder with the nightbringer and deceiver c'tan redo will they share the same kit and with a gerenic one as well

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The video of belakor Shows a warrior of Chaos on the base, so no 40k belakor? Or it's an optional bit, or there's also a csm body. Probably not.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    The warrior on the base is probably optional. He features pretty heavily in the S2D tome.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    the zombies for the new quest game looked kinda dumb in first reveal but have now grown on me?

either way, GF and I are playing a lot of blackstone these days so I am definitely picking it up

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    the zombies for the new quest game looked kinda dumb in first reveal but have now grown on me?

either way, GF and I are playing a lot of blackstone these days so I am definitely picking it up

They make a lot more sense when you notice that the coffin lids have stakes through them, which is why they're stuck. The idea of staking vampires comes from folklore when people would stake bodies they thought might rise again into their coffins.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's a neat idea, though I think it looks a little silly as a full unit. I guess they don't bury them 6 feet down in Shyish.

So my brother who is Anti hype {even chanting it} I showed him the Realm Lords stuff
    He said the hammer elves fell in favor of the swordmasters {thought it is question are they an order like the hoeth of old or are they from each city?} The general mounted having two types is a question that needs more info
    The bolt thrower! Finally! It's nice looking! except for the look the realm lords are pretty much the high elves of old. The various casters again need more info. The Twins need info but the model is fragile by elf standards
    The Banner he is curious if the smaller standards can be swapped or?
    He did agree with me about the kangaroo archers as they are riding ice age kangaroos
    The fox he said is cool but he is curious what the difference is

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    It's a neat idea, though I think it looks a little silly as a full unit. I guess they don't bury them 6 feet down in Shyish.

It's the realm of death. They pave the roads with them.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

My only problem with it is that it means they bury everyone face down for some reason.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

My only problem with it is that it means they bury everyone face down for some reason.

To stop them getting up and wandering off on their own. Warhammer has always had spontaneous zombies as a background element; get enough dark magic in one place and it sort of seeps into the ground. Anyone buried in such a place without suitable precautions may become prone to going for midnight rambles, mortality notwithstanding.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Reading the lore for Ulfenkarn, it seems one of the lesser big bads has a habit of burying people alive there too.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

I think this is based on a real world folklore piece as well actually, though I don't know the source, one imagines to stop them getting up and shambling around all the time.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I finished painting my Dread Pageant warband. (Sorry once again for the poor picture quality.)
    yxvfr5q16vmz.jpg

Eye knew that Eye wanted to go with a Prince theme; originally thinking about doing Peach + Black. Which looks amazing as a colour combo, + was what O(+> was styling with during Sign '☮︎' The Times. But while that album has a bunch of my favourite Prince songs (U Got The Look, I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man, If I Was Your Girlfriend), Eye'd have to mix my own peach colour, and... that seemed like 2 much work.

So Eye just went 4 a more Purple Rain look, focusing on the Black/White/Silver/Purple. Turned out okay, Eye think.

One of the oddest things i found on ebay
    74vwydloke1v.jpg
    A complete box of the underworlds organized kit

I have no idea what the cards are in it? but the fun thing is the trophy is something to play for in the house and the free boxes are someplace to put the custom decks and the stack of cards I have

The cards, at least some of them, were exclusive alt-art versions of universal cards, to be given as prizes if i remember correctly.

• Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    They are indeed all alt art cards. If that’s one complete kit you’ll have two warbands and about a half dozen objective/power cards. You’ll have like twenty copies of each. There will also be some cardboard activation tokens and some acrylic tokens of some other type.

MhCw7nZ.gif
  • No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    So I got lady olynder
    I did get it with the box and instructions! but part of me kind of doubts all there is to it is three sprues
    3brxhse00mfc.png
    I am scared to put it together as it looks very flimsy and I have huge problems trying to put away Yncarne and Khinerai

She's not so bad to get together. She is fairly delicate, though

I have yet to get the new DoK book as I was waiting for various reasons [my debate about the paint and other reasons like my fingers not being a tender mess from work }
    But today I got the Melusai and Khinerai I ordered from someone parting out Shadow N pain. The funny thing was you could get the DoK stuff for cheap people were fighting tooth n nail for the slaanesh stuff as I only walked away with the chariot.
    qayswmln4j2t.png
    I do find it funny as in the previous book you could play an all melusai army but with a certain temple it's now a novel thing
    I built the other khinerai I got in the xmas deal as heartrenders so I might build these the same
    I also got a blood cauldron from them but they got it from someone who removed the avatar so sigh

part of me cannot wait for the spring but I really need to work on storage as the box and plano doesn't really work when i start painting them

honovere wrote: »
    The video of belakor Shows a warrior of Chaos on the base, so no 40k belakor? Or it's an optional bit, or there's also a csm body. Probably not.

fjc32pqxgrdb.png

edited February 2021
    I don't have the Morathi nor the DoK book but I kind of know what happened in them
    You can play the fall of Anvilgard! in Warcry now
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/24/relive-the-fall-of-anvilgard-in-this-free-warcry-campaign/
    With a download

The DoK book kinda rolls in everything that happened in BR: Morathi anyway, so unless you're really interested in reading the full, unabridged story (which isn't bad as far as warhammer fiction goes) you can pretty much get away with just the battletome.

Speaking of which the DoK book seems good, keeps a lot of the playstyle of the previous book while updating to newer terminology and expanding the range of viable strategies. But good lord some of these points values are absurd! The Hag Cauldron dropped 70 points for no good reason at all, I'd expect to see a lot of points creep back up over the next few FAQ cycles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY8MCR3RyJY

As a side comment this week they will show off the savage ork warband. I kind of like when they do this but the lizardmen one is not out yet and we are what 3 or 4 ahead now?

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    The rat tails trailing from his cloak creep me out.

• NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    I'm re-reading Steven Erikson's Malazan series and in one of them there's a shapeshifter who turns into a swarm of rats, getting a similar vibe from this dude

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I wish GW would just stop releasing stuff for like six months so I could catch up. All of the new Death models they've been showing and hinting at look amazing. I almost went with skellyboys when I first started playing AOS, but decided on Blades of Khorne instead. Then I went with Stormcast as a second army because all of their models were dirt cheap because of starter sets and people offloading extra sprues (I built a 2,000 SCE army for around $150).

But now I really want to build some sort of Legions of Nagash megamix army with Skeletons and Ghosts and Vampires and Ghouls and Bats and Zombies, but I don't need another army. I have a million models to paint, and I barely get to play AOS games with the armies I have. I don't need to start another army!

But then I see shit like this
    rhsNuub.png

and I think to myself, oh jeeze.

In the above pic I was making fun of people parting out boxes and how I ended up with a Melusai, Khinerai army {I sadly only have 20 witch elves}
    The various vampires and the WHQ minis
    I will get the game as I like WHQ the various vampires though I will see as some I might get just to paint.

I do agree about the ideal of catching up as there are a few things I would like to get and the big paint problem. I started my Idoneth army but with how work went totally to crap over the pandemic taking me down with it I kind of stopped painting as it slide into fall. But with the idoneth basically I do want to get the start collecting box and the bloodsworn hunt for them {maybe some more thralls} My painting problem is basically I just need sprays to start and it's the debate of do I order them online or suffer and ride my bike {it's only a 14 mile ride but I work nights and the store is only open on the days I work} Storage is my other problem as the magnet case would work for my DoK and Idoneth but for the rest of my 40k armies not going to even try
    Basically my two over arching problems and what stops me from getting more armies is storage [and also do I really want it? I only got the Idoneth for my brother to get him less salty about elves at the end of warhammer into AoS. We learned about what happened backwards]

My slaanesh/khorne armies play in both games I could magnet them as well

Guess I am riding soon
    iyx18fkhnmoz.png
    As I can easily get the 100USD with just paints {I might get the DoK book and spells as well}

But does anyone know how the mini of the month works? Do you just get a random mini? Is it built? Are you good for one ever?

I haven't been in a GW during the promotion on account of plague (I wanted to get my hands on Morathi coin, but not that badly!) But my understanding is you'll get one assembled, unpainted mini, this month it will be one of the spear lumineth guys. It's supposed to be one per customer, yeah, though I guess there's nothing stopping you trying for some sort of false moustache scam.

I did want the Morathi coin but I can only take the bike to the store and well as it is now and then not that great to ride in
    I am curious is it built because the wardens are easier to paint with the shield off and I could get it then shave :rotate:

As per the warcom post you get one random model clipped from the sprue.

And in all the areas where shops care currently closed they're supposed to give out all those monthly models when they open up again. So you theoretically should get a bunch of the various ones at the same time in the future in some places.

The GW store is the only hobby shop on this side of town as most of the shops closed 5+ years ago
    I found out the store anniversary is also on the 27th-4th so I can save up and it will be warmer then and I can get the necron I want as well
    Just the sad part is I will have to ride out on a workday to do this. I just have to make a list of the paints I need on my phone for what projects {I know the harlequins off hand the rest I vaguely know} THe store is selling stuff out the door by calling in your order so I need to find out how I can do this? As there are things that I considered incidental if they are there.

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    If it's anything like previous month's, I got the death guard free model. They literally open 2-3 boxes of that model and build them all, so you can either just get a random model out of that box, or if the guys like you at that moment maybe a nicer one.

If you go in and ask for the model and leave you're probably getting the most basic one.

The Warhammer-Community article on the Bonesplitterz warband for Underworlds describes how they depend entirely on the Primacy Token to inspire their fighters. They also show off an upgrade and objective card that both depend on having it. As the season's rules basically said players can choose to ignore it if they agree to, I'm a bit surprised that they've built an entire warband around it.

edited March 2021
    I feel they did a oglaf joke as one of the cards'
    uj6b3vlogzqg.jpg

pzg2qe5ex22k.png

OGLAF IS A NSFW COMIC

Brainleech on
    Nah, that’s a really common joke take on bikini barbarians that pretty much everyone does. Also, Savage Orcs have had “magic tattoos” that gives them a fixed save since forever, one which gets better when their shaman tells them he’s made it better.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    So I was helping out with a Warcry Slaves to Darkness list on Reddit yesterday, and I pulled out my new Agents of Chaos tome.

It just clicked that the hero abilities from Monsters & Mercenaries have been made leader abilities that are available to most leaders/allies instead of each one being locked to a single model.

Really opens up some interesting possibilities.

Still a bit sore that we lost the movement boost aura ability though.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
This discussion has been closed.