As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

17273747678

Posts

  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I am here for the cloak - they’re the most fun to paint and you can do some really eye catching stuff easy

  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Vanguard wrote: »
    I am here for the cloak - they’re the most fun to paint and you can do some really eye catching stuff easy

    Dear GW:

    We want the Flesh-Eater Courts guys wearing tattered bizarro approximations of this style, not bones, thanks.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    AxenH3KnucklesLordSolarMachariusLord_Asmodeus
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    I wonder if we'll get another vampire character that has a mount or a more elite unit on foot. Currently all the previewed characters are on foot while the only vamp unit is cavalry. Feels a bit weird that the leaders all run around with the skeletons and zombie rabble.

    I also wonder whether the new skeletons are supposed to replace the old skellies or if they're an additional unit type. Their design is pretty different to the old ones which fit alot more with the new wight king. King and old skellies/grave guard have all the skull/bones and bat iconography while the new skeletons have basically none of that.

  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The character cards for the new Warhammer quest are kind of different
    xrul5rz8qg9g.png
    yf0bvw8icku6.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/how-to-get-even-faster-tougher-or-more-murder-y-in-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/
    With the armor/weapons I am not curious will there be the blind bag rewards like blackstone had as they better not be random and I now see they will do expansions like blackstone got
    They drop the hint it's up for pre order soon {the Realm Lords 2.0 is this weekend which my brother just wants the new army book the bolt thrower the new mounted general X2 and at least one of the swordmasters]

  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get another vampire character that has a mount or a more elite unit on foot. Currently all the previewed characters are on foot while the only vamp unit is cavalry. Feels a bit weird that the leaders all run around with the skeletons and zombie rabble.

    I also wonder whether the new skeletons are supposed to replace the old skellies or if they're an additional unit type. Their design is pretty different to the old ones which fit alot more with the new wight king. King and old skellies/grave guard have all the skull/bones and bat iconography while the new skeletons have basically none of that.

    They might get a some kind of flight rules (be it via wings, cloud of bats, turning to mist or whatever). Current vampire lords all get flight as a free option as part of their warscroll.

    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 23
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The character cards for the new Warhammer quest are kind of different
    xrul5rz8qg9g.png
    yf0bvw8icku6.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/how-to-get-even-faster-tougher-or-more-murder-y-in-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/
    With the armor/weapons I am not curious will there be the blind bag rewards like blackstone had as they better not be random and I now see they will do expansions like blackstone got
    They drop the hint it's up for pre order soon {the Realm Lords 2.0 is this weekend which my brother just wants the new army book the bolt thrower the new mounted general X2 and at least one of the swordmasters]

    So I guess you roll four dice for her at the beginning of the turn and can use the results for different actions. for example using 4+ dice to make an attack with her blade gives a new 1 dice that for example lets you make a free move (1+) action. Judging by the traits you also keep unused dice but their score gets reduced, probably something like you keep an used 6 and next turn it gets reduced to a 5, unless you get the first level trait, then it stays a 6.
    honovere wrote: »
    I wonder if we'll get another vampire character that has a mount or a more elite unit on foot. Currently all the previewed characters are on foot while the only vamp unit is cavalry. Feels a bit weird that the leaders all run around with the skeletons and zombie rabble.

    I also wonder whether the new skeletons are supposed to replace the old skellies or if they're an additional unit type. Their design is pretty different to the old ones which fit alot more with the new wight king. King and old skellies/grave guard have all the skull/bones and bat iconography while the new skeletons have basically none of that.

    They might get a some kind of flight rules (be it via wings, cloud of bats, turning to mist or whatever). Current vampire lords all get flight as a free option as part of their warscroll.

    ruleswise that would work but still thematically and visually weird.

    edit: unrelated, what's up with the previewed Lumineth daemonbane lance having a single attack? That can't be right.

    honovere on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The character cards for the new Warhammer quest are kind of different
    xrul5rz8qg9g.png
    yf0bvw8icku6.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/how-to-get-even-faster-tougher-or-more-murder-y-in-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/
    With the armor/weapons I am not curious will there be the blind bag rewards like blackstone had as they better not be random and I now see they will do expansions like blackstone got
    They drop the hint it's up for pre order soon {the Realm Lords 2.0 is this weekend which my brother just wants the new army book the bolt thrower the new mounted general X2 and at least one of the swordmasters]

    So I guess you roll four dice for her at the beginning of the turn and can use the results for different actions. for example using 4+ dice to make an attack with her blade gives a new 1 dice that for example lets you make a free move (1+) action. Judging by the traits you also keep unused dice but their score gets reduced, probably something like you keep an used 6 and next turn it gets reduced to a 5, unless you get the first level trait, then it stays a 6.

    In Blackstone Fortress IIRC, you can keep dice to use as interrupts during other players’ or hostile actions. You don’t keep them from turn to turn though; you always roll your four (or three for some characters) dice and get new numbers unless you’re injured.

    The levelling up stuff is new though.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    BrainleechAuralynx
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    So I guess you roll four dice for her at the beginning of the turn and can use the results for different actions. for example using 4+ dice to make an attack with her blade gives a new 1 dice that for example lets you make a free move (1+) action. Judging by the traits you also keep unused dice but their score gets reduced, probably something like you keep an used 6 and next turn it gets reduced to a 5, unless you get the first level trait, then it stays a 6.

    This is how it works in all of the modern warhammer quest games (Or, well, it's been iterated and expanded on with each version, but the core is present back in Silver Tower). I've not played Blackstone Fortress but the leveling up system seems like a more elegant version of that in the earlier games, which had you drawing random skill cards and hoping they were useful for your hero.

    I am not sure they have thought through quite how powerful Move Like The Wind is! A 6" flying move in any direction on two units at once (cos of the Lumineth trait), extremely potent in terms of stealing objectives or locking an enemy unit from doing anything by hanging out 2.9" from either side of it. But I suppose there probably aren't all that many Hurakan keyword units all told (Kanga cavalry, Cloud mage, Fox spirit and variant, I think that's it?) and they're probably low model count and primarily shooting, so it might not be too frustrating.



  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Flurry of blows looks might it could be slowing down the game a bit with it being on a model to model basis.

    So we've got spearelves, archers, silverhelms, swordmasters, boltthrowers, ellyrian reavers.

    Not sure what the best equivalent is for the hammer guys. Phoenix guard or white lions?

    Still without a reboot from the classic (3rd to 6th edition or so )lineup are seaguard, dragon princes, shadow warriors.

  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    The character cards for the new Warhammer quest are kind of different
    xrul5rz8qg9g.png
    yf0bvw8icku6.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/23/how-to-get-even-faster-tougher-or-more-murder-y-in-warhammer-quest-cursed-city/
    With the armor/weapons I am not curious will there be the blind bag rewards like blackstone had as they better not be random and I now see they will do expansions like blackstone got
    They drop the hint it's up for pre order soon {the Realm Lords 2.0 is this weekend which my brother just wants the new army book the bolt thrower the new mounted general X2 and at least one of the swordmasters]

    So I guess you roll four dice for her at the beginning of the turn and can use the results for different actions. for example using 4+ dice to make an attack with her blade gives a new 1 dice that for example lets you make a free move (1+) action. Judging by the traits you also keep unused dice but their score gets reduced, probably something like you keep an used 6 and next turn it gets reduced to a 5, unless you get the first level trait, then it stays a 6.

    In Blackstone Fortress IIRC, you can keep dice to use as interrupts during other players’ or hostile actions. You don’t keep them from turn to turn though; you always roll your four (or three for some characters) dice and get new numbers unless you’re injured.

    The levelling up stuff is new though.

    This is all correct. You could use unspent dice as overwatch so that when hostiles came into your LOS you could make an attack. Holding dice over is new and a nifty mechanic.

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    FAQs are up for both Hedonites and DoK.

    Hedonites doesn't really change much, just clarifies Glutos's command ability. They did update the WD Syll'Eske host rules to work with the new book, which is nice even though they kinda suck.

    DoK features a few notable fixes: Morathi's spear back to rend 2 as in broken realms, Khailebron teleport now works like every other teleport in the game. Though also (inexplicably and counter to every other instance in the game) DoK priests only get 1 prayer per turn no matter how many they know. This is kind of a shame as it doesn't really affect power lists but prevents you from doing fun lists with foot Avatars and stuff. Ah well.

    If there is an AoS 3 coming this year as rumoured I hope they codify all priests like they do with wizards, it's such a weird hodgepodge right now.



  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    I was just saying, the hold over thing might just be Blackstone style Overwatch, not a cross turn deal.

    That said, I just noticed you have a trait slot on the card so that you can slide the traits card under it to only show your current abilities. It’s a little thing but board game QoL is frequently overlooked.

    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The flying temple is up
    vxi89p87a3t1.png
    8dhldsqp9rp6.png
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/25/riding-around-the-battlefield-in-a-stylish-floating-temple-is-the-most-lumineth-thing-ever/
    So in the words of my brother if it can move then it will be really lopsided games

    I do wonder as I feel they will do a new AoS after the broken realms wraps up

  • AsherAsher Registered User regular
    edited March 25
    I got one of the Lumineth spear bros that gw is giving away this month. Gonna paint him in rainbow robes and opalescent armour.

    This had better not awaken anything in me, I really don't need to start a new army.

    Asher on
    I put models on Instagram now: asher_paints
    Gnome-InterruptusNoughtNipsNechriah
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Asher wrote: »
    I got one of the Lumineth spear bros that gw is giving away this month. Gonna paint him in rainbow robes and opalescent armour.

    This had better not awaken anything in me, I really don't need to start a new army.

    documenting this for posterity

    Ken OAuralynxNoughtKhraul
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/03/26/how-to-survive-a-godly-smackdown-between-teclis-and-nagash/

    New city of Sigmar, Settler's Gain. 1 in 4 units can be realmlords and you get an extra artifact and +1 casting for collegiate wizards.

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    And more importantly they have made the best Nurgle sculpt actually do something!

    Also all the new Lumineth scrolls are available to view on the New Zealand GW webstore for those interested.



    Khraul
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    And more importantly they have made the best Nurgle sculpt actually do something!

    Also all the new Lumineth scrolls are available to view on the New Zealand GW webstore for those interested.

    Is your love for that sculpt like a ripe, ripe fart though?


  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    *grumbles, buys Bone Bros kit*

    Decent deal - buy 10 bone horsies, get the Liege-Kavalos for free.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
    KhraulH3Knuckles
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Pretty huge background developments in broken realms: teclis.
    Big spoiler
    Nagash sends his vampires to Ghyran, Chamon, and Hysh to collapse those relams' gates to Shysh. They all fail due to intervention by teclis and the realmlords and also Alarielle.
    Eltharion kicks Arkhan from the edge of Hysh making him go kablooy.
    Teclis and Nagash duell, Teclis (plus Celennar and some luminarks destroy the Books of Nagash and Nagash's corporeal form. He slinks back to Shysh as a black cloud, while Teclis gets away with a wound that infects him with Death.
    Teclis ends the necroquake.
    Hints that the next broken realms chapter will focus on Ghyran and Alarielle with now the forces of life rising. I guess that's the Kragnos book.

    LordSolarMacharius
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I asked my brother what of the realm lords 2.0 does he want to get
    Pre army book he said he wants Vanari Lord Regent {two boxes but making Lyrior Uthralle is a post book thing} The Bladelords, The banner and ballista
    He still wants the hammer elves , the twins post book and shrine. I know the Broken Realms book has more fiction and lore than the army book as Halos did tell me about the Morthai books vs their book

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    *grumbles, buys Bone Bros kit*

    Decent deal - buy 10 bone horsies, get the Liege-Kavalos for free.

    you're gonna make little horsie noises when you move them, right?

  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    *grumbles, buys Bone Bros kit*

    Decent deal - buy 10 bone horsies, get the Liege-Kavalos for free.

    you're gonna make little horsie noises when you move them, right?

    Don't be silly.

    He will make little bone horsie noises when he moves them

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    clippity clop could be the sound of bones and horses trundling across the field

  • EchoEcho Moderator mod
    Echo wrote: »
    *grumbles, buys Bone Bros kit*

    Decent deal - buy 10 bone horsies, get the Liege-Kavalos for free.

    Hmm. Should I get a second set? My theorycrafted list has 20-25 horsies and two Liege-Kavalosiaesises.

    Echo wrote: »
    Let they who have not posted about their balls in the wrong thread cast the first stone.
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    *grumbles, buys Bone Bros kit*

    Decent deal - buy 10 bone horsies, get the Liege-Kavalos for free.

    Hmm. Should I get a second set? My theorycrafted list has 20-25 horsies and two Liege-Kavalosiaesises.

    Up to you and your wallet as I am tempted to get Kraeth's Shadowpact to build a dark elf army when Warhammer comes back

    But if I wanted to build a bone bros army I would get two of the Mortek guard a gothizzar harvester and ?? I have no idea from there

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    edited March 28
    Echo wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »
    *grumbles, buys Bone Bros kit*

    Decent deal - buy 10 bone horsies, get the Liege-Kavalos for free.

    Hmm. Should I get a second set? My theorycrafted list has 20-25 horsies and two Liege-Kavalosiaesises.

    if that's your list then go for it, but that's an awful lot of bone horsies imo

    liege kavalos are very strong, but you generally only want one of them


    EDIT: caveat, I am speaking from a meta perspective
    if you like bone horsies then don't let me, and absolute idiot on the internet, deter you

    PiptheFair on
    Khraul
  • [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Pre-order for cursed city next week

    Sic transit gloria mundi.
    AxenBurnageBrainleechAuralynx
  • VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Hype

  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    Broken Realms lore is starting to feel like the old 40k standard "you've never heard of this planet but suddenly it's very important - also you'll never hear of it again"

    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

    You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    I've been avoiding Teclis spoilers for the time being, but I thought Morathi did a pretty good job in avoiding that sort of thing! But I suppose there's only so many times they can go to 'destroy an actual army subfaction.'



  • pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    I think I just prefer something like Soul Wars as a way to move the story in such a big setting

    Specifically, an overall modification to the multiverse that can lead as a plot hook for anywhere rather "here's this very specific place where the plot is happening"

    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

    You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited March 29
    I mean there are some Major Things going in Teclis that ist a pretty big plot hook for the whole universe and a major faction. And because it involves Hysh ist's kinda bound to involve new places because we had basically nothing about that realm until 6 months ago

    honovere on
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Pretty huge background developments in broken realms: teclis.
    Big spoiler
    Nagash sends his vampires to Ghyran, Chamon, and Hysh to collapse those relams' gates to Shysh. They all fail due to intervention by teclis and the realmlords and also Alarielle.
    Eltharion kicks Arkhan from the edge of Hysh making him go kablooy.
    Teclis and Nagash duell, Teclis (plus Celennar and some luminarks destroy the Books of Nagash and Nagash's corporeal form. He slinks back to Shysh as a black cloud, while Teclis gets away with a wound that infects him with Death.
    Teclis ends the necroquake.
    Hints that the next broken realms chapter will focus on Ghyran and Alarielle with now the forces of life rising. I guess that's the Kragnos book.

    Man, if I could get the entire AoS storyline after the End Times as succinct as this, that would be neat. I still have no idea how a normal human operates in that world. Or if one even exists.

    akirasig.jpg
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    But bummed I just recently came to the realization that people will have Cursed City in their hands before I can manage to get the new HeroQuest in mine.

    I still prefer HQ for the more generic heroes to act as player inserts though.

    Also the new XCOM style fear and influence factors in Cursed City sounds amazing

    steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I've been avoiding Teclis spoilers for the time being, but I thought Morathi did a pretty good job in avoiding that sort of thing! But I suppose there's only so many times they can go to 'destroy an actual army subfaction.'

    So..
    h385cg0ic7y0.jpg
    I kind of waited to get Morathi/ the New DoK book because well putting your life back together is hard but during a pandemic....
    I know you said the morathi book has stories and lore and is worth picking up for that if you are into it

    The Realm Lords are my brother's army and pre army book he just wants the banner, bladelords, the mounted general and the ballista after he said it up to the book since his goal is an all mounted army and something like he played of old {as it is hard for me to describe as it was a dragon knight army and a block of spears n archers]
    Just the pic above is telling me since he has the old vague army book would getting teclis be like the pic says the part that fills it in or get the army book so it's a one stop?

  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    It's a bit of an awkward situation with the Lumineth books, can't say I'm particularly happy with the phased roll out! But as the graphic says, if he already has the first Lumineth book then getting Teclis will fill in the rest of the stuff.

    I haven't confirmed this myself but I did hear that the Teclis book also contains all of the new Lumineth lore and art from their new battletome, as well as the rules, so you don't miss out on anything going that route. The only issue is bookkeeping, having warscrolls, spell lores, subfactions, and artefacts spread over two books can be quite annoying, whilst the new battletome has everything Lumineth in the one book.



    Gnome-Interruptus
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    As shown in the video they previewed Cursed City how it played and such

    They showed off the cards today as they showed in the video
    93heahvjhcbe.png
    hasy7hu5vhw9.png

Sign In or Register to comment.