As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warhammer - Age of Sigmar] The New Fantasy

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    I like the idea that Beasts might become a multi faction element in Destruction or Chaos, just like humans can be Slaves to Darkness or Cities of Sigmar.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    just like humans can be Slaves to Darkness or Cities of Sigmar.

This... had not even entered my mind. Yeah, get on that, GW!

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    looking at the bonuses on kragnos' warscroll and its like "fuck THIS GUY in particular"
    6n2ejh2u73re.jpg

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Kragnos' warscroll is up on warcom. Not really a synergy guy. Doesn't really benefit from any army rules and only provides a bravery buff.

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    He does hit like a truck with a large hammer attached though.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well I am kind of curious what is in the slannesh and sylvaneth boxes
    8 figures in the BoC say Minotaurs or whatever they call them if they call them something different
    5 skaven ok...

Mazzyx wrote: »

Don't want any monsters charged by him. Also that ability has an incredible variance. Something between 1 and 36 mortal wounds when it goes off and the chance of that is slightly better than a 4+.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    8 figures in the BoC say Minotaurs or whatever they call them if they call them something different
    5 skaven ok...

I have heard the following:

Sylvaneth - Drycha and 10 spite revs.
    Slaanesh - Epitome, 3 Fiends, 5 Seekers
    BoC - Shaman, 6 Bullgors, 1 Gorghon
    Skaven - Bombardier, 3 Stormfiends, 1 Lightning Cannon

Kragnos scroll is fine in itself, decent beatstick for sure, but for me not picking up army synergies ala Nagash or Archaon, coupled with the aesthetic mismatch with current destruction factions, makes him a no sell personally.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Oddly enough he inflicts the most misery on a destruction faction. Poor Beastclaw Raiders. So many monsters and without a screen, going to lose a lot of moos quickly.

I kind of feel he is a model made mostly for fun purposes. I don’t know what armies he’ll really be that good in. For example if you face Lumineth and they take first turn, every arrow is going into him, so if you set him up in your army he then rampages and deals more mortal wounds to everyone around him?

Also got no in built mortal wound protection too. So a lot of things are going to shred him, even with 18 wounds, fairly easily.

I wonder how many points he is.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    5 skaven ok...

I have heard the following:

Sylvaneth - Drycha and 10 spite revs.
    Slaanesh - Epitome, 3 Fiends, 5 Seekers
    BoC - Shaman, 6 Bullgors, 1 Gorghon
    Skaven - Bombardier, 3 Stormfiends, 1 Lightning Cannon

Kragnos scroll is fine in itself, decent beatstick for sure, but for me not picking up army synergies ala Nagash or Archaon, coupled with the aesthetic mismatch with current destruction factions, makes him a no sell personally.

Is there a lore reason for these boxes or just being release to be released?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    They are the warscroll battalions from Kragnos.

Aegeri wrote: »

So if I get the book I don't need the box for the warscroll?

How good is the AoS app? I'm always worried with the 40K one since stuff tends to not be as accurate. I also saw if I buy the book I can see more stuff for Skaven but it means the digital version, right?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    The rumours are that in the new 3rd edition, battalions are going away or everyone gets the same generic ones.

Just in case that effects your purchasing decision

PSN Fleety2009
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »
    The rumours are that in the new 3rd edition, battalions are going away or everyone gets the same generic ones.

Just in case that effects your purchasing decision

Yea, I'll avoid buying a digital version for now, thank you. Are the data sheets at least accurate for now?

Stragint wrote: »

How good is the AoS app? I'm always worried with the 40K one since stuff tends to not be as accurate. I also saw if I buy the book I can see more stuff for Skaven but it means the digital version, right?

AoS app is steps above 40k.

All the warscrolls are free.

The list builder cost but is really nice.

You can buy the books actually through it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • SharpyVIISharpyVII Registered User regular
    So the reveal today is spelling out THONDI. There's something called Thondia referenced in several places on AoS Lexicanum but I'm not entirely clear what it is.

Thondia is a region in the heartland of Ghur, the realm of Beasts. It's also where Exelsis the city of Sigmar that shows up in the Kragnos book is located.

With Kragnos being the lead in to 3rd edition Thondia is probably where the storyline will be focused in the ne starter set.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Link to map of Realm of Ghur from Warhammer Community. Thondia is, as said, one of the major areas marked.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    For how popular beastgrave is to visit for random warbands it is way out of the way

Oh, also warcom spoiled Kragnos and confirmed a character from belakor before the article was edited
    Spoiler for belakor
    it was indeed Grungni who showed up to safe the day. A combined dispossessed, fyreslayer, kharadron book with Grungni as the big boss could be fun.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    For how popular beastgrave is to visit for random warbands it is way out of the way

That’s why it’s just random warbands and not whole armies. Only a relatively small team can get there without significant logistical support. Also, the mountain itself is telepathically summoning victims with a certain mindset. Plus there’s a broken shadeglass mirror in Shadespire that’s letting the prisoners (and the Curse) trickle into the bottom of the cave system in the Beastgrave.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I'm just now realizing that to buy Radukar and his court it costs almost as much as cursed city. That seems kind of messed up.

Was the app made by someone else cause it is kind of absurd how much better the AoS app is compared to the 40K app.

I'm just now realizing that to buy Radukar and his court it costs almost as much as cursed city. That seems kind of messed up.

Was the app made by someone else cause it is kind of absurd how much better the AoS app is compared to the 40K app.

It's partially the system too. AoS has all the unit rules online for free. 40k doesn't.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I'm just now realizing that to buy Radukar and his court it costs almost as much as cursed city. That seems kind of messed up

It's $245 NZ and Cursed city was $345. Assuming that the miniatures (and there are a lot of them) are the bulk of the price, that seems roughly right to me. I also think those sprues come with all the extra stuff as well, which might help to explain the cost (the cats, grave markers etc).

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    In America Radukar and his Court will cost you $160. Meanwhile, Cursed City was $199. So for $39 more you would have gotten 10 Skeletons, 10 Zombies, 6 Fell Bats, 6 Rat Swarms, 8 Heroes, a handful of objective markers... and an entire boardgame on top of that.

Considering how badly they fucked the dog on Cursed City's launch (and subsequent memory hole status), and how extremely difficult it is to actually take any of the models they're releasing in an actual AOS army, they really should have made them significantly cheaper as an apology/goodwill gesture to the legions of people who were unable to get ahold of Cursed City. I was thinking about waiting and picking a copy up later since my friend was getting one, but I'm glad I didn't and preordered it instead.

• Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    Yeah, the Radukar's Court stuff is just 1 of 4 full size sprues from cursed city, not the whole thing.

It's honestly strange they even included all the CC stuff in the vampire battletome anyway, but I guess the book was perhaps printed and shipped before whatever killed CC was apparent. So they threw in rules for the CC stuff as they do with underworlds bands, not knowing that the boardgame wouldn't be available going forwards, I'd be willing to bet if those rules weren't present in the SBG battletome we wouldn't have seen a release for the Radukar stuff at all.

• Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    They're also selling Radukar separately.

You cannot take him by himself

• PerduraboPerdurabo Registered User regular
    They're only able to do that because it's the only stand alone sprue for undead in the box.

The reason the rules are all wrapped together is because of geese buying the boxes and reselling the minis, rather than playing the game. But as the box doesn't exist, it seems a bit moot. I'd imagine there will be rules for him alone at some point, where he turns into the beast version after x turns or whatever.

That is hilarious. I just looked at that and yeah, that means Cursed City cost a lot less (substantially so) than all of the miniatures. $345 for Cursed City was a distinct bargain and I'm glad I got the last one in NZ.

What a mess.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

It's so dumb. If you want to take Radukar the Beast, you're unable to take half of the heroes in the SBGL Battletome. If you want to run a thematic all-skeletons Ulfenwatch army using Watch Captain Halgrim you are locked into taking 700 points of random Vampire models.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

It's so dumb. If you want to take Radukar the Beast, you're unable to take half of the heroes in the SBGL Battletome. If you want to run a thematic all-skeletons Ulfenwatch army using Watch Captain Halgrim you are locked into taking 700 points of random Vampire models.

You'd probably have to run him as a generic Wight King at that point

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    The wight king whose command ability does nothing because it happens in the command phase when skeletons can't attack? Should probably be in the first FAQ though.

Yeah the one that, uh, if it worked would do the same thing as the generic reroll hits of 1 command ability.

I'd assume the generic CAs are going to be changed for AoS 3, especially if they're making big changes to command points and such, but yes.

Looks like Kragnos leaks are starting to sneak out into the wild, I'm hearing Kragnos himself at 760 points, which seems excessive to me given the warscroll we've seen.

Yeah at 760 points he’ll never see a competitive table. Too many things can remove him too easily.

He is a bit of a tricky piece to point up, if he's cheap enough to fill a competitive role against experienced players he'd likely be cheap enough to smash through newer or more casual players single handed. I'd probably stick him at, like, ~560? Which is probably still too high to see much competitive play, but you could still run him without feeling too bad.

A lot of the stuff in the Kragnos book feels similarly, hmm, disappointing, maybe? But I've only seen half snippets, and with a new edition round the corner it's hard to get too worked up over it.

Today's rumor engine looks like the possible faction symbol on a big monster. Symbol fits with the helmet the hobgoblin is wearing in the animation teaser.

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Today's rumor engine looks like the possible faction symbol on a big monster. Symbol fits with the helmet the hobgoblin is wearing in the animation teaser.

The new picture of Kragnos as part of the Heroes thing on Warhammer Community has what people think are the new models are in the background
    yGQJBPl.jpg

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    Some of the new hobgoblin faction maybe? There's definitely some boss on a big... lizard... dog thing. And a not-gargant, not-troggoth bloke in the back right with some other gribblies beside him.
    They look a lot more mutated and scraggly than your typical orc. The guy on the mount looks like he has a huge distended mouth and flabby chin, almost like a nurgle model.

website_header.jpg
    For my Skaven clanrats, the instructions show the clawleader gets a butchers axe, does that matter with the spears or should I give it a spear?

This discussion has been closed.