Options

only one [movies] thread has an ultra hot bigfoot dad

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Also phantom menace is a much much better movie than Infinity War

oh come on now

Search your feelings

You know it to be true

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    the phantom menace is just boring.

and the kid acting is no good at all.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Knight_ wrote: »
    the phantom menace is just boring.

and the kid acting is no good at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bLkcCZFKvA

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    It's impossible to deny

Now this is, in fact, podracing

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Phantom menace isn't a better movie than anything

It's a better movie than Attack of the Clones, at least

I haven't seen the other 2 prequels so I will defer to you on that one.

• Options
    Phantom menace is not a good movie, but there is a level of truly atrocious films that it doesn't penetrate, things that are either completely inscrutable/incompetently made, like The Snowman, or morally reprehensible, like A Serbian Film, or both, like Infinity War

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Chincy I think your feelings on IW are pretty well established at this point

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

yeah its bad

• Options
    Phantom menace isn't a better movie than anything

It's a better movie than Attack of the Clones, at least

I haven't seen the other 2 prequels so I will defer to you on that one.

Revenge of the Sith is the closest any of them get to good, and it's mostly on the back of Ewan McGregor and Ian McDiarmid

Attack of the Clones should be really good (there's a noir detective story starring Obi-Wan! A big gladiator fight with weird cool bugs!), but none of it is executed well at all, and it features some baffling character assassination of Padme in order to make her and Anakin fall in love

• Options
    Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan is so much fun that I thought 2 and 3 were good for a while, but he can't outweigh that the scripting for what his character DOES often makes no sense and is just not good

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    The Phantom Menace is a better movie than that haunted Jerry Lewis concentration camp clown movie that kills you
    Oh is this the clown film everyone keeps talking about

yeah that's it

• Options

yeah its bad
    I just

Man look I totally get you genuinely don't like it and that is 100% cool, I wouldn't argue or try to change your mind

But you talk about how exhausted you are with Marvel and the discourse and how draining it is to hear so many people talk about it, which is also fine, but then throw a dang lit firecracker like "Infinity War is worse than A Serbian Film" and what do you think is gonna happen, dude

If you are okay with folks coming to the defense of a movie that is pretty widely beloved then fair enough but it seems at odds with your self-admitted hatred of folks talking about Marvel Movies

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    The Phantom Menace is a better movie than that haunted Jerry Lewis concentration camp clown movie that kills you

yeah that's it

WHAT IS IT

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »

yeah that's it

WHAT IS IT

Maaaaaan now I'm really mad that song is not on the IT soundtrack

Maybe over a Montage of IT killing people

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »

yeah that's it

WHAT IS IT

Maaaaaan now I'm really mad that song is not on the IT soundtrack

Maybe over a Montage of IT killing people

So are you telling me you want it all but you can't have it?

• Options

yeah its bad
    I just

Man look I totally get you genuinely don't like it and that is 100% cool, I wouldn't argue or try to change your mind

But you talk about how exhausted you are with Marvel and the discourse and how draining it is to hear so many people talk about it, which is also fine, but then throw a dang lit firecracker like "Infinity War is worse than A Serbian Film" and what do you think is gonna happen, dude

If you are okay with folks coming to the defense of a movie that is pretty widely beloved then fair enough but it seems at odds with your self-admitted hatred of folks talking about Marvel Movies

Me dumping on the movies doesn't appreciably increase the amount of discourse I see about them every day and gives me an outlet for the amount of frustration I have over those films dominating the cultural landscape

People are gonna talk about how great they are whether I shit on them or not and it makes me feel better

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I wanted TPM to be good. I wanted it to be the start of something good, and so I looked past any faults and thought to myself, "Well, the next one will be better. Like Empire was."

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I like seeing Chincy tell the avengers to eat shit and get fucked all the time nobody asked but I approve

• Options
    Negative opinions are more valuable than positive opinions

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Negative opinions are more valuable than positive opinions

Not if you believe that scarcity generates value. Not on the internet, at least.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    I don't believe anything

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2019

I manage to catch this again every few years and I do think it holds up pretty well, and I think I will watch it again this weekend

Edit: also

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

I manage to catch this again every few years and I do think it holds up pretty well, and I think I will watch it again this weekend

Edit: also

Lets synchronize out Zorro viewing

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    I saw Phantom Menace in theatres four times. Once with a birthday party, once with another birthday party, once with my parents, and once with my big brother.

I have not seen Infinity War. My friends did not see it for their birthdays, my parents haven't seen it and my big brother hasn't seen it.

Therefore

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I don't hate IW as much as Chincy

But

He might be right about Phantom Menace being better

Infinity War was just the worst part of every Marvel movie (the boring CG fight) dragged out to nearly three hours

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Infinity War was great but it's no action Film Of The Year 2019 Brie Larson's Captain Marvel <3<3

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Wasn't there going to be another Antonio Banderas as Zorro movie?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Like I can think of more fun moments in Phantom Menace, despite it being a bad movie overall, than I can in Infinity War which has congealed in my mind to just a hundred hours of superheroes punching evil CGI dogs

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wasn't there going to be another Antonio Banderas as Zorro movie?

The second one was quite bad and also like, eight years later? So if there was barely momentum for that one I don't know if there was ever any for a third

• Options
    I've been wanting to watch some Zorro stuff ever since I discovered that I accidentally made my D&D character into Zorro

• Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Antonio Banderas did another Zorro movie and it was called Puss in Boots and it made half a billion dollars.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I was just thinking about The Mask of Zorro!

I desperately wanted to see it in the theater but nobody would take me, and I eventually saw it on video

I remember enjoying it a lot but I haven't watched it in damn near twenty years

• Options
    also: there are things about Clones and Sith that are enjoyable, and Clones can function as found comedy if you're in the right mood, but on the balance I don't think they're good and I doubt I'll watch them again any time soon

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Zorro has a LOT going for it.

Banderas in his prime, Zeta-Jones's launching role, Hopkins having fun, Stuart Fucking Wilson, and a finale with two separate, well-built I HATE YOU SO MUCH sword-fights and a ticking clock for good measure.

Last pint: Ridgeback Red / Block 15 - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Zorro is cool in a way I think most hero type characters are not anymore

It actually kind of amazes me in this superhero obsessed climate that pull heroes havent also gotten a big boom

• Options
    it also has a training montage which includes a makeover for Antonio Banderas

• Options
    wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    what if Zorro had a brother

and, bear with me here,

he was gay

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    wandering wrote: »
    what if Zorro had a brother

and, bear with me here,

he was gay

Well surely he would have to be very tan, like the MOST tan.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Zorro is cool in a way I think most hero type characters are not anymore

It actually kind of amazes me in this superhero obsessed climate that pull heroes havent also gotten a big boom

I think Seth Rogan's Green Hornet bombing made studios a little shy about going back to the pulp heroes.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    It is actually crazy looking at Toy Story 1
    https://youtu.be/zT8If2VABWQ
    So much catches your eye now that didn't before

Happiness is within reach!
This discussion has been closed.