As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Remnant 2] Remnant the re-remnanting

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    The toughest fight I am having is the last boss. Still haven’t beaten it yet, have even thought about re-rolling and going through again but I plan to kill it by this weekend.

Best boss fight:
    The Unclean One. He killed me a couple of times till I got his moves down but died laughing when after a certain attack he kneels raises his left hand in a “wait a moment” while he catches his breath.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Had a cool moment early on in the game, slight early spoilers related to a certain crazy person:
    If you find something that you think lets you talk to trees, yes it does
    I like your interpretation of "find."

I've seen a few posts say the last boss was a doozy. I am progressing slowly though. Just exploring and whatnot...

I still haven't met that guy, but I'm like, right around the corner from him.

edit: my favorite way to die in this game is during long fights where my guy decides to do remunerations for all the reload cancelling I'd been doing during the battle and subsequently refuses to shoot his gun even though the boss has a sliver of health and now I am dead.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    The only fights I had to look out for with my buddy was the moths and side challenge fight where zambinos and explosive teleporting jerks live.

No joke, fuck that last one. We did it tho, but we spent hours on it because it's just so much cluttering the halls. Constant explosions, and specifically getting prop stuck on a root that leads up to a stair case. Because I can't biotic charge over it for whatever reason.

The chaining explosion is especially rough because it charges up under your feet for a second before going off but you can't see it you're ADSing.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    Yilias wrote: »
    The only fights I had to look out for with my buddy was the moths and side challenge fight where zambinos and explosive teleporting jerks live.

No joke, fuck that last one. We did it tho, but we spent hours on it because it's just so much cluttering the halls. Constant explosions, and specifically getting prop stuck on a root that leads up to a stair case. Because I can't biotic charge over it for whatever reason.

The chaining explosion is especially rough because it charges up under your feet for a second before going off but you can't see it you're ADSing.

My friend and I did this on Hard yesterday and boy oh boy were we not happy when we cleared it and didn't get a damn thing. No materials, no trait. Nothing.

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular
    Well that didn’t last long, least I know souls like games aren’t for me.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    lol, nothing wrong with that. I've never played any of the Dark Soul games myself. :P

• Options
    So, I mentioned "do remunerations for all the reload cancelling" I was talking about a situation where if you reload cancel the shotgun enough times, you start to begin to not be able to fire it again immediately after the first bullet you put in. Sometimes it has to fill to 3-4 shots, sometimes it has to go through a full reload and "cocking" before you can fire again... the shell counter jumps up when it happens. I've tried to reproduce the behaviour out of combat but haven't been able to but yeah, does the shotgun start to behave poorly for you guys during long fights with tons of animation cancelling reloads?

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    So this is Resident Hellgate 4: Post-Apoc Lovecraft Country?

Because I kind of like the sound of that.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I was playing this solo and having fun but not sure if I would recommend it strongly to my buddies

Then four of them bought it, and we did rotating co op for like 4 hours

This is insanely fun, and really feels like a mix of dark souls and left 4 dead, which is... not a combo I even fantasized about, but I love it

When fighting Gorefist we were just yelling wildly "WE GOT BOYS, INCOMING BOYS" whenever the bomb boys showed up. I laughed until I cried.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Grabbed this for ps4. I imagine when I get a functional mic, the co-op will be even better. Digging it tho

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    I was playing this solo and having fun but not sure if I would recommend it strongly to my buddies

Then four of them bought it, and we did rotating co op for like 4 hours

This is insanely fun, and really feels like a mix of dark souls and left 4 dead, which is... not a combo I even fantasized about, but I love it

When fighting Gorefist we were just yelling wildly "WE GOT BOYS, INCOMING BOYS" whenever the bomb boys showed up. I laughed until I cried.

Yeah, this game is a 7 or 8 out of 10 when playing solo, but it becomes AAAAHHHHH HE'S RIGHT BEHIND YOU SHOOT HER SHOOOOT HEEEERRR...out of 10 when played with friends over voice chat.

We had Shroud as our first boss, holy shit what an introduction to the brutality of the game.

I also picked up the healing mist mod, it's so good in multiplayer!

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    I just finished this up. I thought the last boss was going to be more trouble than he ended up being, but I had a pretty good setup for him.
    Still the toughest fight to me by far was...
    The Undying King

Good times, looking forward to grinding some new gear up.

I feel like they released the game before finishing the story. After a certain point, it feels like NPCs stop making new comments about bosses.
    And:
    Finding the founder should have been a big deal but no one said a word.
    And finishing the game literally did nothing. No one talked about it at all.

vamen on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    It is both incredibly respectable and Very Darn Stupid that this game only shows screenshots of the first biome and lists itself as a post apocalypse game.

• Options
    Yeah I see what your saying if you go to their site it clearly shows all the content.

Going in blind though pleasant surprise after that first biome.

@vamen what was your setup as I’m at the last boss but haven’t quite killed it yet, get it down to maybe half and then normally wipe. I think it’s more of case of git gud.

• Options
    On the store page for steam it only shows Ward 13 and the first biome.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I dunno, the second biome is a post-apocalyptic desert area so nothing's really changed for me so far.

• Options
    The specific context of the environment changes and the continual rotation in huge palette changes and entirely new sets of enemies is way more than what I expected from the game's pitch and price point.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Yeah I see what your saying if you go to their site it clearly shows all the content.

Going in blind though pleasant surprise after that first biome.

@vamen what was your setup as I’m at the last boss but haven’t quite killed it yet, get it down to maybe half and then normally wipe. I think it’s more of case of git gud.
    I was using:
    Defiler and Ruin for my guns. Mostly using ruin for that revive, which helped off-set some healing needs.
    Melee didn't come into play much, but was using the spear with the Leech ring so I could have a LITTLE more HP pull.
    Then the Galenic Charm so I could always have the self revive charged.
    Devouring Loop was the last piece.
    And I was using the Twisted armor set for a little more regen.

I also brought some ammo crates and was using the +25 health and + 25 stamina buffs. And also the one that gives +10 to armor. Sadly, I don't have access to the regen one or the crit hit one.

• Options
    Melee was useful for saving on ammo in 1v1 situations. Once you loop around to NG+ you have enough scrap to just carry 50 ammo boxes everywhere and not care.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Oh hey there's a thread, was just considering making one.

So yeah, really enjoying this game, warts and all. The first post-apoc city overworld felt horribly bland and boring, but it got better. A lot better.

Trying a certain boss to get a certain item:
    I want the Harpoon from Harrower but the fucker just refuses to get staggered.

• Options
    drunkenpandarendrunkenpandaren Slapping all the goblin ham In the top laneRegistered User regular
    So, I mentioned "do remunerations for all the reload cancelling" I was talking about a situation where if you reload cancel the shotgun enough times, you start to begin to not be able to fire it again immediately after the first bullet you put in. Sometimes it has to fill to 3-4 shots, sometimes it has to go through a full reload and "cocking" before you can fire again... the shell counter jumps up when it happens. I've tried to reproduce the behaviour out of combat but haven't been able to but yeah, does the shotgun start to behave poorly for you guys during long fights with tons of animation cancelling reloads?

There are times when I go to cancel a reload on the shotgun, but it'll still reload while I'm rolling around. Then there are times where it just doesn't want to do anything. But those are times where I spam Blink.

Origin: HaxtonWasHere
    Steam: pandas_gota_gun
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    So for all those that don’t know, the neutral standing and then dodge button does a little dodge back which has good I frames and is easy to spam. Also while in mid backstep if you hold the melee attack you get a unique weapon attack.

Dodging back then jumping with a overhead hammer attack doesn’t get old.

Genji-Gloves on
  • Options
    hmm... so on Rhom
    Is it possible for the third key to not be spawned? If so, seems weird.

• Options
    hmm... so on Rhom
    Is it possible for the third key to not be spawned? If so, seems weird.

I also have had the same problem. I can looking back through the same area to see what I missed.

• Options
    I found each key in a different area. Even if you don't get all three then you get the piece you missed on next world spawn.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Right, I wanted to not have to redo the world though. Ah well

ediT: also,
    the inhabitants of Corsus are doing a good job of presenting a compelling argument to help the Undying King out.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    Are there any people I need to add for Co-Op shenanigans? I purchased the game and it is downloading, but I have to wait until tomorrow to play. I don't have a working mic but I do play well with others. On Steam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Kristmas Kthulhu on Steam

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax on Steam

Up whenever.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    Fencingsax and I murdered like 3 bosses tonight, even though I hopped into his game having only just taken down the first boss on Earth. We were tenacious, though, and as we got accustomed to having another player as backup, started to cohere into a tree-destroying duo. It was frickin great.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Yeah, it was a bunch of fun.

• Options
    edited August 2019
    So uh

yaesha early
    This regenerating guy on Yaesha. How do I kill the bastard?

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So uh

yaesha early
    hit him until he takes a knee, then melee him a bunch in the face before he can stand back up (if he stands back up he gains full health again)

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    Viking wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    So uh

yaesha early
    hit him until he takes a knee, then melee him a bunch in the face before he can stand back up (if he stands back up he gains full health again)
    Guess I just didn't melee enough

• Options

Just completed my first game. Last boss was still a pain but got it down eventually.

Can now rest a bit and then Reroll when I’m good and ready :)

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Name should show up as stopgap or feykairos.

Sent friend request.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    For those who've completed it, about how long is this game? Just got started in it.

EriktheVikingGamer on
    Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    yep... definitely thinking death to all elf-sects.

• Options
    For those who've completed it, about how long is this game? Just got started in it.

1st playthrough on hard is 10-15 hours solo. If you co-op it will be much faster because you'll be progressing instead of wiping to bosses.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    the last boss is kinda buggy btw
    i was going into his "take damage" phase with 30+ stacks of mobs killed in the dark (so many i was spawning a miniboss (shroud/gorefist) while farming it up) and being unable to break his grey armour. there seem to be a few oddities - one is that if he is taking damage from eg swarm he can spin around when the armour animation plays and literally face his weak spot AWAY from you making it undamageable. he also needs to be hit pretty fast, as even with 30 stacks straight left click spam from a +19 hunting rifle wasnt doing the trick and causing the armour break state. i kept thinking i was fucking something up but nope switched to a faster weapon and rolled it first time, its pretty fucking dopey

the game in general is ok but is insanely basic but can probs be filled out with patches/expansions etc. also lots of opportunity to have a build-defining mod/weapon just not be available due to randomly spawned items or which boss you get out of a pair that can be spawned at a particular story juncture etc. also some weapon mods are simply absurdly bad in comparison to others - eg swarm so vastly outclasses every other weapon mod that deals damage its absurd they thought it was remotely balanced, and does this while generating further mod power

its also pretty troll that most of the traits are marginal %changes rather than actually interesting modifiers, with some being universally desirable in any conceivable build

i kept thinking a mechanic was going to be an actual mechanic like eg elemental damage types and then it is just a complete irrelevance

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png