Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Captain [MARVEL] Vs. The Evil Avengers

1414244464750

Posts

  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    PoX #6 left me...conflicted.
    I like Charles and Erik falling into their arrogant ways and quietly cutting Moira out of the world they have built (which is 1000% going to bite them in the ass, doubly so since they are also lying to Mystique) and being the ticking antagonist time bombs of this situation.

    I don't like the whole "oh machines aren't the true enemy, its humanity and mutants will always, always lose to them" thing. I liked the idea that AI rising to power was the greatest threat mutantkind faced a lot! It tied into the long history the X-Men have with robotic and cyborg cyborg foes and painted humanity's succumbing to them as a desperation move versus ready and willing genocide.

    I'm sure there will be more to come but it didn't really knock my socks off like HoX #6 did.

    It does prove Hickman writes a really good Wolverine though

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited October 9
    The big thing to me in PoX 6 is
    the talk of "No precogs on Krakoa". Which means they're not going to bring back Blindfold, who I'm still mad at Rosenberg about killing off, and apparently they promised Mystique they would bring back Destiny, but are going to try and put her off with excuses as long as possible. Which seems like an extremely bad plan to me.

    There are few people in the Marvel Universe more dangerous when you cross them than Mystique.

    Not to mention that if Legion shows up again, he might be a bit upset about not bringing Ruth back as well.

    Centipede Damascus on
    Kayne Red Robevagrant_windsnever dieFencingsaxBobble
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    I think the biggest, and most interesting, wild cards in the Dawn of X are
    Moira, obviously, and Apocalypse.

    Apocalypse has presented himself as a friend and ally, but between his history with Krakoa, the original Four Horseman being reborn and his ominous lurking at rhe big celebration he clearly has some schemes of his own.

    And Moira seens to know him pretty intimately. They were lovers for a century in one of her timelines, and her journal makes it seem she has quite a bit of insight into who he truly is beneath his SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST bluster.

    They would be a very interesting pair of folks to pit against Charles and Erik

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    So what's the basic elevator pitch for the dawn of x titles or whatever the series coming out after hox/pox are called?

  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Still not getting used to hox/pox. Sounds like a fake disease from the 1800's.

    FencingsaxMcFodderDevlin_DragonusToxBobbleBahamutZEROLegacy
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    edited October 9
    Kanden wrote: »
    So what's the basic elevator pitch for the dawn of x titles or whatever the series coming out after hox/pox are called?
    X-Men (Hickman and Yu) - The Flagship book, mostly done-in-ones. Will have no set cast and star mutants from across Krakoa.

    Marauders (Duggan and Lotti) - Captain Kate Pryde leads Bishop, Pyro, Storm and Iceman as the protectors of Krakoan trade and transportation throughout the world, backed by Emma Frost and the Hellfire Trading Company.

    New Mutants (Hickman, Brisson and Reis) - The original New Mutants, as well as some younger faves, act as the welcome committee both to mutants arriving in Krakoa as well as bringing word to those who haven't learned what has happened. First up: Cannonball.

    X-Force (Percy, Cassara) - Krakoa's CIA equivalent. Spy thriller action starring Beast and Wolverine as the heads of the analyst and operations divisions and a cast of agents including Jean Grey, Domino, Quentin Quire and more.

    Excalibur (Howard, To) - Betsy Braddock becomes Captain Britain and joins Apocalypse, Rictor, Gambit, Rogue and Jubliee in exploring the burgeoning mutant culture and how it fits into both Earth and the multiverse.

    Fallen Angels (Hill, Kudranski) - Cable, X-23, Psylocke, (Kwannon, having gotten her body back) Husk and Bling aren't at peace among Krakoa. Either because they feel they haven't earned it or don't feel at home in the new nation, and they want to find out if they still have a place in the world.

    Blankzilla on
    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i didn't realize that leinel yu was gonna be drawing x-men

    it's like they handpicked the perfect creative team for me to never wanna read an x-men book

    this isn't meant as typical shit talk

    i am actually thrown for a loop by this

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    Lou29
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    i think yu is pretty good at drawing

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
    BlankzillaDJ EebsDouglasDangerKevin CristMidniteWhippyTransportershoeboxjeddyBear_thescond
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    edited October 9
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think the biggest, and most interesting, wild cards in the Dawn of X are
    Moira, obviously, and Apocalypse.

    Apocalypse has presented himself as a friend and ally, but between his history with Krakoa, the original Four Horseman being reborn and his ominous lurking at rhe big celebration he clearly has some schemes of his own.

    And Moira seens to know him pretty intimately. They were lovers for a century in one of her timelines, and her journal makes it seem she has quite a bit of insight into who he truly is beneath his SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST bluster.

    They would be a very interesting pair of folks to pit against Charles and Erik
    The interesting thing about one of the characters you mentioned:
    Moira - as she pointed out in this issue - must remain alive for this "timeline" to go on, and for the Krakoan mutant nation to remain. That's why she's stashed away in one of the hidden rooms in Krakoa, and it means that if she takes any direct action, she has to be very careful to stay alive.

    Although, in truth, we don't know what happens when Moira dies. Does the timeline get completely wiped out from the multiverse when she dies? Does it just keep going as a timeline among many? And what happens on her final death?

    Delduwath on
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    i think yu is pretty good at drawing

    oh i assure you i'm not

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    FearghaillDoctor DetroitGrey GhostBionicPenguinCrippl3SorceJoolanderBobbleLalabox
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    i think yu is pretty good at drawing
    I think his ladies can be too booby but thats a common comics problem and also he draws dudes with very good butts so that helps balance things

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    oh yeah i am not saying he is bad, like frank quitely

    i just don't enjoy his work

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    Fencingsax
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    see now i'm shit talking

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    Fencingsax
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think the biggest, and most interesting, wild cards in the Dawn of X are
    Moira, obviously, and Apocalypse.

    Apocalypse has presented himself as a friend and ally, but between his history with Krakoa, the original Four Horseman being reborn and his ominous lurking at rhe big celebration he clearly has some schemes of his own.

    And Moira seens to know him pretty intimately. They were lovers for a century in one of her timelines, and her journal makes it seem she has quite a bit of insight into who he truly is beneath his SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST bluster.

    They would be a very interesting pair of folks to pit against Charles and Erik
    The interesting thing about one of the characters you mentioned:
    Moira - as she pointed out in this issue - must remain alive for this "timeline" to go on, and for the Krakoan mutant nation to remain. That's why she's stashed away in one of the hidden rooms in Krakoa, and it means that if she takes any direct action, she has to be very careful to stay alive.

    Although, in truth, we don't know what happens when Moira dies. Does the timeline get completely wiped out from the multiverse when she dies? Does it just keep going as a timeline among many? And what happens on her final death?

    not necessarily
    According to Destiny, this is most likely her last life - there may be no reset after this one.

  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    oh yeah i am not saying he is bad, like frank quitely

    i just don't enjoy his work

    you are doing this on purpose

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    oh yeah i am not saying he is bad, like frank quitely

    i just don't enjoy his work

    you are doing this on purpose
    see now i'm shit talking

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    Fencingsax
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    well that wasnt there when i slammed that 'post reply' button

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
  • Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    it took you four minutes to come up with that response????????????

    6vjsgrerts6r.png

    FencingsaxStraightzi
  • GustavGustav Registered User regular
    I LEFT THE COMPUTER FOR A SECOND TO LET THE DOG OUT

    VnZ7Xbt.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh, so YOU'RE the one who let them out.

    Commander ZoomMoth 13Doctor DetroitMaddocThe JudgeSpoitFencingsaxStiltsMcFodderDevlin_DragonusshoeboxjeddyCrippl3KetarAndy JoeSirEtchwartsSorceWeedLordVegetaJoolanderBear_thescondNarbussarukunBobbleMagellLegacy
  • Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    i am thinking about the conjoined triplet kung fu guys that quitely drew in batman and smiling quietly to myself

  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think the biggest, and most interesting, wild cards in the Dawn of X are
    Moira, obviously, and Apocalypse.

    Apocalypse has presented himself as a friend and ally, but between his history with Krakoa, the original Four Horseman being reborn and his ominous lurking at rhe big celebration he clearly has some schemes of his own.

    And Moira seens to know him pretty intimately. They were lovers for a century in one of her timelines, and her journal makes it seem she has quite a bit of insight into who he truly is beneath his SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST bluster.

    They would be a very interesting pair of folks to pit against Charles and Erik
    The interesting thing about one of the characters you mentioned:
    Moira - as she pointed out in this issue - must remain alive for this "timeline" to go on, and for the Krakoan mutant nation to remain. That's why she's stashed away in one of the hidden rooms in Krakoa, and it means that if she takes any direct action, she has to be very careful to stay alive.

    Although, in truth, we don't know what happens when Moira dies. Does the timeline get completely wiped out from the multiverse when she dies? Does it just keep going as a timeline among many? And what happens on her final death?

    not necessarily
    According to Destiny, this is most likely her last life - there may be no reset after this one.

    But is that because
    she has a limited amount or restarts, or because Destiny simply didn't sense it happening past that point. Like something else stops it in its tracks, she gets iceboxed forever etc.

  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    PoX 6 I think also helps explain a bit of incongruity at the heart of the X-Men
    The question of why Xavier chose to pursue his dream of peaceful mutant and human co-existence by creating a paramilitary force. The explanation being that Xavier's dream was honestly peaceful to begin with, but Moira's influence on him caused him to become more focused on conflict.

    Additionally, it occurs to me that Xavier and Moira both intentionally sought to produce offspring capable of matter manipulation, and back in the day, Magneto kind of also did... by using ancient super-advanced machines he discovered underneath New Mexico to genetically engineer a being he called "Alpha, the Ultimate Mutant", who turned on him and turned him into a baby.

  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I just read the final trade of The Wicked + The Divine, which was heartbreaking and beautiful

    And then I decided to follow that up with The White Trees, which was... also heartbreaking and beautiful

    It was a good day for sad gay comics

    BlankzillaDelduwathtzeentchlingDoctor Detroit
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think the biggest, and most interesting, wild cards in the Dawn of X are
    Moira, obviously, and Apocalypse.

    Apocalypse has presented himself as a friend and ally, but between his history with Krakoa, the original Four Horseman being reborn and his ominous lurking at rhe big celebration he clearly has some schemes of his own.

    And Moira seens to know him pretty intimately. They were lovers for a century in one of her timelines, and her journal makes it seem she has quite a bit of insight into who he truly is beneath his SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST bluster.

    They would be a very interesting pair of folks to pit against Charles and Erik
    The interesting thing about one of the characters you mentioned:
    Moira - as she pointed out in this issue - must remain alive for this "timeline" to go on, and for the Krakoan mutant nation to remain. That's why she's stashed away in one of the hidden rooms in Krakoa, and it means that if she takes any direct action, she has to be very careful to stay alive.

    Although, in truth, we don't know what happens when Moira dies. Does the timeline get completely wiped out from the multiverse when she dies? Does it just keep going as a timeline among many? And what happens on her final death?

    not necessarily
    According to Destiny, this is most likely her last life - there may be no reset after this one.

    But is that because
    she has a limited amount or restarts, or because Destiny simply didn't sense it happening past that point. Like something else stops it in its tracks, she gets iceboxed forever etc.

    As far as I got it from HoX #2:
    There was an option for an 11th life and I interpreted Destiny's predictions as "there is nothing to her powers that limits the amount of times that she restarts, but if she dies before she has her powers or her powers are taken away before/when she dies (the cure, Leech, Scrambler etc.), she won't reboot and it's over for her." and that it was very likely that something like that would happen in her 10th incarnation.

    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    I am trying to finish Claremont's run by Hickman's X-Men #1 hitting next Wednesday

    I'm nearly through 1988, which leaves me with 3ish years of UXM, New Mutants, X-Factor and, soon, Excalibur to get through in 6 days.

    Thank god I have a 3 day weekend.

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    FencingsaxCommander ZoomCentipede DamascusStiltsnever dieSirEtchwartsToxdarunia106
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    snj20ov6ci27.jpg
    yyude1dx4crk.jpg

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    Devlin_DragonusAzraithJayKaosStiltsSnicketysnicknever dieSirEtchwartstzeentchlingsarukunToxLegacyJoolanderSorceTransporterSpoitdarunia106Tonkka
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    I’m very worried everytime Cannonball shows up now, due to story tropes. He’s a daddy now, so I either expect him to die, his son to die (unlikely), or his son to get Cable’d.

  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    edited October 10
    never die wrote: »
    I’m very worried everytime Cannonball shows up now, due to story tropes. He’s a daddy now, so I either expect him to die, his son to die (unlikely), or his son to get Cable’d.
    The NM are explictly going to get him to move to Krakoa and Hickman has talked about both Sam and Bobby being two of his favorite characters and also how the DoX is meant to be a big shining hopeful era for the most part so I think he's safe.

    Also a mutant dying is...not as big of a deal nowadays.

    Blankzilla on
    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    If I had to think of the worst possible thing to happen to Cannonball right now...
    It would be that he dies out in space, and Xavier is like "whoops, his last backup was from before he got married and had a kid because I was dead for a while"

    BlankzillaCommander ZoomSorce
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    If I had to think of the worst possible thing to happen to Cannonball right now...
    It would be that he dies out in space, and Xavier is like "whoops, his last backup was from before he got married and had a kid because I was dead for a while"
    Yeah that was my worst case scenario too.

    Which, like, sucks but also would be surprising as hell considering Hickman made him a dad in the first place.

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    never dieDizzy D
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    If I had to think of the worst possible thing to happen to Cannonball right now...
    It would be that he dies out in space, and Xavier is like "whoops, his last backup was from before he got married and had a kid because I was dead for a while"
    Yeah that was my worst case scenario too.

    Which, like, sucks but also would be surprising as hell considering Hickman made him a dad in the first place.
    My Two Crichtons Guthries

    steam_sig.png
    Steam, Warframe: Megajoule
    akajaybayNarbusDevlin_Dragonus
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I just read the final trade of The Wicked + The Divine, which was heartbreaking and beautiful

    And then I decided to follow that up with The White Trees, which was... also heartbreaking and beautiful

    It was a good day for sad gay comics

    At least with Wicked and the Divine you can get a laugh out of the back cover:

    "Reviewer" Quotes (paraphrased):

    Good Book. Legible Text. - Clayton Cowles
    Lots of pink, but needs more pink - Matt Wilson
    Drew this for five years. Least you can do is read this - Jamie McKelvie.


    Also finished up PoX/HoX, so I can finally read the spoilers here (and no longer have to worry about accidentally clicking them).

    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    HoX/PoX Theory/Comment, especially post Powers of X #6.
    Xavier has a Sinister Jewel on his's forehead and that's why the comic refused to show his upper front face. Being the only way that Moria could 'break him', especially after the letters, Xavier participating in eugenics, etc.

    I would not be surprised.

    // Steam: VWinds // LoL: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // 3DS: 4682-8868-5037 // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I assumed that the
    "break him" thing referred either to his mind becoming unstable due to seeing the breadth of her lives at once, which would serve as an explanation for where Cassandra Nova and Onslaught come from, or it referred to her showing Xavier that his dream of peace can never come true in the way he wanted, which would serve as an explanation for why this alleged man of peace has not been acting consistently with his dream, and has been so eager to do fighting.

    Fearghaill
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I assumed that the
    "break him" thing referred either to his mind becoming unstable due to seeing the breadth of her lives at once, which would serve as an explanation for where Cassandra Nova and Onslaught come from, or it referred to her showing Xavier that his dream of peace can never come true in the way he wanted, which would serve as an explanation for why this alleged man of peace has not been acting consistently with his dream, and has been so eager to do fighting.

    that and
    she was deliberately manipulating him after the fact, pushing him in certain directions and worrying that she was pushing too far

    BlankzillaDelduwathDizzy DKyouguWeedLordVegeta
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    The big thing to me in PoX 6 is
    the talk of "No precogs on Krakoa". Which means they're not going to bring back Blindfold, who I'm still mad at Rosenberg about killing off, and apparently they promised Mystique they would bring back Destiny, but are going to try and put her off with excuses as long as possible. Which seems like an extremely bad plan to me.

    There are few people in the Marvel Universe more dangerous when you cross them than Mystique.

    Not to mention that if Legion shows up again, he might be a bit upset about not bringing Ruth back as well.

    Re PoX 6
    No precogs on Krakoa. But they do have Betsy Braddock on Krakoa if I believe the previews. I guess they probably have her as only a telepath these days, but back in Captain Britain, precognition was her main power.

    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    I do think that the Xavier theory of (HoXPoX)
    him having a Sinister Gem under the helmet is plausible, but not because of Moira

    She mentions in her journal that Sinister getting involved was a decision Magneto and Xavier made without her and she doesn't trust Sinister even a little bit and worries about how he may affect things.

    With Hickman clearly LOVING Sinister and having plans for him, that seems lik3 a plotline that could shake out and that Sinister has been pulling strings for a while.

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
  • Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I do think that the Xavier theory of (HoXPoX)
    him having a Sinister Gem under the helmet is plausible, but not because of Moira

    She mentions in her journal that Sinister getting involved was a decision Magneto and Xavier made without her and she doesn't trust Sinister even a little bit and worries about how he may affect things.

    With Hickman clearly LOVING Sinister and having plans for him, that seems lik3 a plotline that could shake out and that Sinister has been pulling strings for a while.
    Moira is there as Xavier puts on the helmet, so if he has the diamond under it, he would have hidden it in some way or was replaced/taken over later.

    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Dizzy D wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I do think that the Xavier theory of (HoXPoX)
    him having a Sinister Gem under the helmet is plausible, but not because of Moira

    She mentions in her journal that Sinister getting involved was a decision Magneto and Xavier made without her and she doesn't trust Sinister even a little bit and worries about how he may affect things.

    With Hickman clearly LOVING Sinister and having plans for him, that seems lik3 a plotline that could shake out and that Sinister has been pulling strings for a while.
    Moira is there as Xavier puts on the helmet, so if he has the diamond under it, he would have hidden it in some way or was replaced/taken over later.
    Honestly it would be hilarious if he just went "oh, I used make-up" or something equally mundane

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    FencingsaxZonugalJoolander
Sign In or Register to comment.