As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Captain [MARVEL] Vs. The Evil Avengers

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    the goldblum thing involved a lot of women in the industry talking about him being really creepy/handsy/a sex pest to them when they were very young on twitter after nicole cliffe, a columnist at slate, let it slip he'd been up to some gnarly shit

it was promptly forgotten about until he talked about wanting to work with woody allen again about a week ago

I think it's being investigated by at least one journalist now, according to Cliffe

well that is pretty dope to hear. i was legit worried it wasn't gonna get followed up on.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Eta until Zdarsky uses it in a vending machine by accident, or knowing Zdarsky, on purpose?

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl just ended its run at Issue #50 (technically 58). It was such a fun comic and I'll miss it.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It's pretty amazing it made it to 50 issues. I wonder if they'll find another writer that can do something like what Ryan North did on that book.

• Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    the avengers haven't done anything about frank castle for the same reason they haven't done anything about, like, taskmaster

they can't actually permanently take any of their villains out of continuity, because it is a comic book

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    the avengers haven't done anything about frank castle for the same reason they haven't done anything about, like, taskmaster

they can't actually permanently take any of their villains out of continuity, because it is a comic book

Right but also maybe someone could write an interesting comic book about that

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Marvel Studios upping to four movies a year, it seems

So now we're looking at

May 2020 Black Widow
    Nov 2020 Eternals

Feb 2021 Shang-Chi
    May 2021 Strange 2
    July 2021 Spidey 3
    Nov 2021 Thor 4

Feb 2022 TBA
    May 2022 BP2
    July 2022 Ant-Fam (reported by trades)
    Oct 2022 TBA (This has to be Blade, right? Because vampires?)

Feb 2023 TBA
    May 2023 TBA (smart money says Guardians)
    July 2023 TBA
    Nov 2023 TBA

Subtracting the ones I put as speculation, there's still FF and Captain Marvel 2. Deadpool might count toward one of these? And X-Men, though the way Feige called them "mutants" at SDCC has me hoping they'll be popping up in other things and we're still a ways out from a dedicated X movie

That accurate Endgame leaker did say both Thunderbolts and Black Knight are being considered for trilogies. And these are far enough out that a Black Widow 2 (starring Yelena) might be a thing. And we know they've been trying to fit Nova in for a while, Rider was in early drafts of Guardians 1 and Infinity War and Feige's talked about him a lot. Adam McKay wants to do a Silver Surfer flick, so maybe that could happen

And of course if there's a Spidey 4, it's probably taking the July 2023 slot and that and the Nov film will get pushed back

Could also be a teamup or event film in there but I think they're gonna hold off a while. Though I do think A-Force is happening at some point, they were very public about all the female actors telling Feige they wanted to do a film together a while back. And one of Holland's Marvel movies could be the Champions/Young Avengers thing everyone's anticipating, though maybe that's a streaming series

Anyway, speculate with me

Edit: Oh, I forgot, because The Wasp and Stinger Featuring Ant-Man is filming ending of next year/early 2021, some people think it's getting Feb 2022 instead of July. Which, maybe! I'll take my Ant-Men and the Wasps whenever, I'm good

And I also forgot they commissioned an Ironheart script that made the blacklist, so that's a possibility

Jimothy on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    When would gotg3 slot in? It's been confirmed, but gunn has to finish suicide squad 2 first

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I will watch all of these movies and feel totally fine about it.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    2020 seems lackluster but I am excited for all four MCU movies in 2021.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I'm surprised 2020 just has the two but a bit of cool down after endgame is probably smart

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Blade in October does make sense

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    a part of me is still a little freaked out by seeing years past 2020 as, like, actual dates.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Oh don't worry, we won't make it that far

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Yeah like, make sure you're wearin a fuckin hat for 2028 specifically

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

Writer working on a superhero lawyer show tweets a thread about a different superhero lawyer

Might mean nothing, but hey

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    JayKaos wrote: »
    I'm surprised 2020 just has the two but a bit of cool down after endgame is probably smart

Causulty of James Gunn getting fired and Marvel being unable to find a replacement, forcing them to delay the movie.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    There's a somewhat credible rumor that the Disney+ Loki series will show Loki being more genderfluid than he has been so far in the MCU.

https://deadline.com/2019/11/loki-sophia-di-martino-cast-tom-hiddleston-marvel-limited-series-disney-1202787710/

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Rad if true

• Options
    NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Call me when Disney has the courage to let him give birth to a horse.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Saw that coming. Marvel is gonna refocus their TV efforts to be directly under the MCU banner, for better or worse. Psuedk MCU stuff from Loeb's time is gonna get axed.

Hopefully S7 of AoS still happens given it was already renewed and having the rug pulled out from under thenm at the last minute is a shitty thing to do to people who have put our product for you over the last six years.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    iirc AoS is filmed or filming right now for the final year as they got a "do two shorter seasons" kind of deal

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping they knew it was coming and are able to like, properly wrap things up as a result

This announcement is probably too close to the premiere for that, but I'm just thinking about how well Jessica Jones ended with that foreknowledge and I would like for Runaways to be able to have the same

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Jason Aaron is making comics just for me now

As the next issue of Avengers reveals Earth's first superhero, and original wielder of the Starbrand, was:
    3g9w6qbe0fht.jpg

A fucking T-Rex

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Oh hey brb buying Jason Aaron's Avengers run in all available formats.

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    It started out a little rocky but has been thoroughly enjoyable for a while now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Jason Aaron is out here giving me more fodder for the RPG I'm going to run, and I appreciate it

• Options
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    It started out a little rocky but has been thoroughly enjoyable for a while now
    Yeah, I grabbed the first arc and thought it was unremarkable, and figured I can always catch up later if that becomes necessary.

It has now become necessary.

• Options
    I want to see the other newuniversal analogues from that era. I'm imagining a
    dromaeosaurid Cipher who has invented an internal combustion engine and is like "What the fuck am I supposed to do with this useless piece of junk?! There'll never be enough fuel around for this thing to be practical!"

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Jason Aaron has always been pretty decent at ideas.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular

As the next issue of Avengers reveals Earth's first superhero, and original wielder of the Starbrand, was:
    3g9w6qbe0fht.jpg

A fucking T-Rex

this is so dang dope I can't properly process it and it's making my brain reboo

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Now I want a
    superhero dinosaur book

But only if eventual eradication due to Climate Change was both an ongoing theme and the eventual ending

So it'd probably be pretty dour. Hmmm

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options

3g9w6qbe0fht.jpg

A fucking T-Rex
    Kinda stepping on Devil Dinosaur's bit, there.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I want to see Jason Aaron's Thor epic collected when it's all done.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Saw that coming. Marvel is gonna refocus their TV efforts to be directly under the MCU banner, for better or worse. Psuedk MCU stuff from Loeb's time is gonna get axed.

Hopefully S7 of AoS still happens given it was already renewed and having the rug pulled out from under thenm at the last minute is a shitty thing to do to people who have put our product for you over the last six years.

from a creative standpoint it must be really difficult to write around the snap, especially when your show is about teens

I kind of wonder if that was on purpose, to sabotage marvel tv... delightfully devilish, seymour...

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Fiege didn't even get out from under Perlmutter until 2015, so I doubt that's the case.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    -Tal wrote: »

from a creative standpoint it must be really difficult to write around the snap, especially when your show is about teens

I kind of wonder if that was on purpose, to sabotage marvel tv... delightfully devilish, seymour...

I never got any sort of sense that they were at all concerned about tying Runaways to the MCU. They never even mentioned "the green guy!"

• Options
    I think the closest tie to the MCU Runaways has had is Nico getting eyes like the bad guys in Doctor Strange sometimes.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    iirc AoS is filmed or filming right now for the final year as they got a "do two shorter seasons" kind of deal
    They're done filming, it was finished within the last couple of months, I think? There's probably post-production stuff still to do, though.
    I think the closest tie to the MCU Runaways has had is Nico getting eyes like the bad guys in Doctor Strange sometimes.
    Wasn't her Mom (the character, not necessarily the actress) supposed to be in Ultron or something?

sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.