As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Captain [MARVEL] Vs. The Evil Avengers

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    My thoughts on the Black Widow trailer are

1: I don't feel like seeing it in the theater.
    2: I'm going to see it in the theater because I'm already seeing the same people who whined about Captain Marvel whining about this movie and eff them.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    BlankZoe wrote: »
    Yeah even in early x-men comics the whole point was people were freaked because they were everywhere suddenly

I always thought it was "everywhere" like racists seeing people who speak any language that isn't English in America, not everywhere, like an occurrence that was actually common. It was becoming more and more common, but not actually something the average person has a lot of experience with yet.
    No it was definitely a very widespread thing

Like throughout Claremonts run dozens of mutants pop up all the time and the Morlocks have a few hundred people living in the sewers

And thats before the 90s boom

By the time Genosha happened it alone had a population of 3 million prior to the genocide and New York had a whole mutant neighborhood in M-Town

Every single person may not know a mutant personally, but it was definitely a part of the world at large and not something super rare

I don't think we are disagreeing all that much, but that is probably more due to my lack of communication ability than anything.

Regardless of what it used to be the new status quo has been explicit about the idea that mutants will out number humanity in just a handful of years.

edit: Regardless I think the volume of mutants doesn't matter. It's the fact that their powers and abilities literally cause them to often interpret the world in different ways than regular humans. What's even more interesting is how the metatext around this has changed over the years along with the real world's view on race and cultural identity. Said another way we used to be much more about "Hey we're all the same underneath. We all bleed red!" whereas now as a society we are much more open to the idea of celebrating differences.

It's actually an element of Hickman's relaunch that I hadn't really considered a lot before but now that I do I think it's a pretty neat way of showing "progress" in the medium in some respects.

When you put it that way, yeah, I think I see it. When you're fighting for your right to exist and not be murdered, you're going to emphasize the similarities - that you're a thinking, feeling being just like the majority, worthy of the same rights and protections. Once that baseline is achieved, once "passing" is no longer a matter of necessity and/or survival, then we can start talking about and celebrating the differences.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    An unfinished dev build of the Wii version of Spider-Man 4 (the Raimi one) has been found and released: https://www.gamingalexandria.com/wp/2019/12/01/spider-man-4-wii-unreleased/

Here's a couple of goobers playing through it, mostly it's just dev assets and testing rooms, the actual "gameplay" doesn't start until 20 minutes in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEVe_s-mX-0

Looks like it would have focused on Vulture. It's not often you see an unfinished game based off an unfinished project.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Dirtyboy wrote: »

I'm forever thankful for Capcom's Marvel games because of how they designed Spider-Man's weirdass but cool fighting stance.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    the widow trailer seems fine in a vaccuum... it just feels weird to go back and do a bunch of character development when we already know how her arc ends (I mean, they even put the line from endgame right in the trailer.)

which actually made me wonder if there might be some sort of time bullshit element going on; like banner tried to bring her back and misfired, or something

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    It's definitely just introducing a new less contractually expensive Black Widow in Florence Pugh

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    It's definitely just introducing a new Black Widow That won't demand to play asian and trans roles in Florence Pugh

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Why is that psylocke costume still a thing?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Why would you have a guy on your team called Orphanmaker?

• Options

Why would you have a (robot egg?) on your team called Nanny?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Xaquin wrote: »

I mean, maybe they take care of eggs! I don't know! But Orphanmaker as a mission statement is... yeah.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    honovere wrote: »

The whole goddamn "character" (note quotes) exists because Jim Lee, back in the NINETIEEES, decided "f#%$ English Rose(s), I wanna draw a Hawt Ninja Chick."
    (and Claremont was all "is there any way we can involve mind control in the explanation?")

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

I mean, maybe they take care of eggs! I don't know! But Orphanmaker as a mission statement is... yeah.

He wanted to use "MomSmasher" but it was already being used in....another industry...

• Options
    X-Men #3 introduced a new set of villains and uh

Hickman's running wild with this run
    They are Hordeculture, a group of elderly women who are all radical genius botanists and have been slowly working towards their own world-changing plot involving controlling the world's food supply

But the arrival of Krakoa threw a wrench into their plans, but they have managed to hack into Krakoa itself and can fuck both with Krakoa itself and the Krakoan Gates

They also have super advanced tech wnd were able to neutralize a whole team of X-Men as well as Sebastian Shaw and Cyclops

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular

This reminds me how angry I am that Spider-Woman went back to her painted on costume when she had an awesome redesigned outfit for all of like a blink of a eye.

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Credit where credit is due. Good villain names

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    Marauders #3
    No Kate&co this time (apart from some text messages between Kate and Bishop, because Kate wants Bishop to be her Red Bishop... which I love: Kate needs a Bishop.... Hey, I know a guy named Bishop. He'll do.)
    Instead the focus is on Sebastian and Shinobi Shaw. Sebastian had planned for Shinobi (who can't remember how he died) to be the Red King so he had an advantage on Frost. Instead Kate is the Red King, so Shinobi had to change his wardrobe and his now the Black Bishop.
    Shaw tells Shinobi that Frost and Kate killed him.

Excalibur #3
    Rictor is finally appearing. Julio has lost control of his powers and does not dare to go to Krakoa, afraid that he'll destroy the island with Earthquakes. We see a message board from mutants who discuss the important questions about Krakoa (are there tampons on Krakoa?)
    Meanwhile on Otherworld, Shogo has turned into a dragon (because Otherworld is a magical place and the unlimited imagination of a child has incredible power there). Jubilee is not comfortable with having her child fight Morgan's army despite being a dragon (because Jubilee is the best mother in comics).
    Morgan le Fey tells her human followers to reveal that Captain Britain is now a mutant.
    Gambit is still grumpy that they are off to save Brian, but leaving Rogue behind with ▪︎-|A|-▪︎ (well, he's not wrong.)
    ▪︎-|A|-▪︎ recruits Rictor, because he needs a master of stone for his magic.
    MI13 has standing ruling that they are not to engage with any mutants. Weird because their best agent is Pete Wisdom. Pete contacts ▪︎-|A|-▪︎ and Rictor, hoping to find the new Captain Britain.

Enjoyed both issues, mostly building the new world still.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    The primary theme of this week's X-Books is Sebastian Shaw is a giant butthole

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    Isn't that just a general truth?

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    What is this?

▪︎-|A|-▪︎

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    What is this?

▪︎-|A|-▪︎

En Sabah Nur's new name. He felt Apocalypse did not really fit his current outlook.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    It kind of looks like an 'A' giving a closed fist bro hug

• Options
    It isn't the real translation, it is in Krakoan in the books, it is just the closest English font can get

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

This reminds me how angry I am that Spider-Woman went back to her painted on costume when she had an awesome redesigned outfit for all of like a blink of a eye.

God damnit this is so stupid. I'm guessing they've all but left Roger and the kid behind as well?

• Options
    Bobble wrote: »
    Kyougu wrote: »

God damnit this is so stupid. I'm guessing they've all but left Roger and the kid behind as well?
    She is still a mom in Strikeforce, she mentions juggling babysitters and whatnot

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    X-Men #3 introduced a new set of villains and uh

Hickman's running wild with this run
    They are Hordeculture, a group of elderly women who are all radical genius botanists and have been slowly working towards their own world-changing plot involving controlling the world's food supply

But the arrival of Krakoa threw a wrench into their plans, but they have managed to hack into Krakoa itself and can fuck both with Krakoa itself and the Krakoan Gates

They also have super advanced tech wnd were able to neutralize a whole team of X-Men as well as Sebastian Shaw and Cyclops

Also important point about these new villains
    They're basically the Golden Girls

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular
    I'm not really digging on the new Apocalypse direction. I much prefer him in the sci-fi/Celestial tech realm.

Same with Doom actually, now that I think on it. It kind of dilutes the character a bit, putting too many hats on them. But there's no real going back on that one, and it did get some good stories out of it so maybe the same can be said for the artist formerly known as Apocalypse.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    iguanacus wrote: »
    I'm not really digging on the new Apocalypse direction. I much prefer him in the sci-fi/Celestial tech realm.

Same with Doom actually, now that I think on it. It kind of dilutes the character a bit, putting too many hats on them. But there's no real going back on that one, and it did get some good stories out of it so maybe the same can be said for the artist formerly known as Apocalypse.

I have the cartoon Apocalypse voice in my head and reading his super theatrical monologue voice in the comics definitely reads weird.

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm not sure how much I'm digging Excalibur, I feel super lost with the magical milieu. I haven't tried New Mutants yet and I may, but I think I'm committed for now just to X-Men and Marauders.

PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    For what it's worth, I like New Mutants quite a bit more than Excalibur

• Options
    I prefer New Mutants but am enjoying Excalibur

I like Apocalypse being a Secret Magician the entire time, it fits his character and makes perfect sense and I also enjoy the Mutants firmly getting a foot in the magical corner of the MU which is criminally underused

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I prefer New Mutants but am enjoying Excalibur

I like Apocalypse being a Secret Magician the entire time, it fits his character and makes perfect sense and I also enjoy the Mutants firmly getting a foot in the magical corner of the MU which is criminally underused

I like it because it makes @Rorshach Kringle mad

• Options
    God it makes him so mad

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Speaking of wizards

...I would be very much into a Dr. Strange's Magical Academy please

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I've had an idea for a few years now that there should be a book where Strange mentors Wiccan, Sebastian Druid, Nico Minoru, and Illyana Rasputin. I'm definitely up for him opening a school.

Make Jennifer Kale and Hellstrom teachers there!

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    what the fuck

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    get ready for the year of the wizard

aGPmIBD.jpg
This discussion has been closed.