Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Overwatch: Class queue inc! New hero Sigma!

2456713

Posts

  • The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat Brave Sir Robin Registered User regular
    You could probably get away with making Diablo a Bowser echo.

    3clipse wrote: »
    God is dead and life has no purpose.
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    I've been in gold for a while mostly filling, but I did my support placements and I can finally join plat chat. It only took me over a year of playing to be above average!

    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
    ChanceThe Escape GoatmiscellaneousinsanityEndaroSirToasty
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    I don't know if I'm going to be able to play my DPS placements at the queue rate it's going at night, after 8-10 minutes I give up and play a QP to try and wait out but then this repeats to where I run out of time that night.

    I kind of hate that I'm having to be what I complain about, a battle Tank/Heal just because I can't even get in the DPS door right now, it's such a feeling of emo despair ima have to crank up some Fallout Boy. And I really don't want this to seem entitled but I'd gladly trade the free lootboxes for your rep every two weeks and get priority in queues, that's how you reward those who play by the rules and do the right things, or at least do a "play tank and support, get a free no DPS waiting" chip to cash in.

    eb3XA8M.png
  • Monkey Ball WarriorMonkey Ball Warrior A collection of mediocre hats Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I listen to music and mess with my phone while I wait in DPS queue.

    I almost like the long queues, it gives me some downtime. Chaining competitive matches is a bit too much sustained stress for me, I'd usually have to take long breaks between games anyway. Now the breaks are just built in.

    "I resent the entire notion of a body as an ante and then raise you a generalized dissatisfaction with physicality itself" -- Tycho
    SirToasty
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    I listen to music and mess with my phone while I wait in DPS queue.

    I almost like the long queues, it gives me some downtime. Chaining competitive matches is a bit too much sustained stress for me, I'd usually have to take long breaks between games anyway. Now the breaks are just built in.

    I usually queue into all three, getting mostly tank and support with DPS a fraction of the time. I haven’t waited more for than a minute, usually less, and if it’s longer, I pet my dog.

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I'm relatively low rank, but I was doing some late night queuing the other night and DPS was consistently the fastest queue time, although not by much. Average wait among all three was probably 3ish minutes. Hopefully they can do some work under the hood when the beta is over to bring the times down in general, especially for top-level streamers. Watching folks sit there for 20+ minutes waiting for a game isn't fun for anyone.

  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Times should be faster in the real competitive season I think, certainly in QP. Just a matter of having enough people playing at once.

  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Usually my DPS queue times were estimated at 7 minutes and only took 2-3. Welcome to plat town, boys.

  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm going to be able to play my DPS placements at the queue rate it's going at night, after 8-10 minutes I give up and play a QP to try and wait out but then this repeats to where I run out of time that night.

    I kind of hate that I'm having to be what I complain about, a battle Tank/Heal just because I can't even get in the DPS door right now, it's such a feeling of emo despair ima have to crank up some Fallout Boy. And I really don't want this to seem entitled but I'd gladly trade the free lootboxes for your rep every two weeks and get priority in queues, that's how you reward those who play by the rules and do the right things, or at least do a "play tank and support, get a free no DPS waiting" chip to cash in.

    I genuinely love the idea "rocket to front of line" token for doing x amount of tanking/healing

  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    Problems
    I can't keep my level 4 endorsement anymore because people don't reward you for filling
    I've spent 30 hours playing Rein and Lucio and the queue has forced me to acknowledge that I still suck with both of them. Over a full day on each and all I've learned is not feeding constantly

    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Fluctuating between 3 and 4 is very, very common - don't sweat it. Endorsement levels seem to ebb and flow as events occur - I expect things will level out again after September 1st.

    Rein is not favored, at the moment - Orisa is really the current meta tank, working well with Mei, Sigma, Reaper, Hog, et cetera - and Orisa craps on Rein, personally, in a 1v1.

    I can't give any Lucio advice because I can't play him for shit.

    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
    Pailryder
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    One thing 2/2/2 has done better is it's made picking Ana a bit more viable outside of KOTH maps because at least I know I have two fatties to consistently build ult with compared to Naruto running off or Widow and Hamzo failing to find perches.

    eb3XA8M.png
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Why are so many people throwing? I charted the past three days and it’s about 60% of games with one or more throwers.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Also shield meta is boring as fuck. The game is now 80% shooting shields.

    TexiKenFencingsaxBRIAN BLESSED
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    I'm still not sold on the shield meta thing. Part of me feels folks are so caught up on Orisa being "OP" that they aren't trying more traditional aggro comps.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    3 more games. 2 with throwers. One more and I’m done. On the verge of uninstalling it’s so bad.

  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited August 28
    What are you defining as throwing? Like literally people just throwing themselves off the map? Because you seem to have waaaay worse luck with throwers than I ever have in my hundreds (good lord) of hours of play.

    Like if I said I'd had one person genuinely trying to lose in every 25 games I play, that'd probably be a high guess.

    Houk the Namebringer on
    Pailryder
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    It kind of sounds like your definition of thrower is just "not good enough at the game."

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    It kind of sounds like your definition of thrower is just "not good enough at the game."

    People sitting in spawn, idling. Sym putting a teleporter out so people run off a cliff. A sombra running around hacking packs and nothing else.

    I’m not just counting my team, but the other team too.

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    It’s been far worse over the past few days than ever before.

  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 28
    last night was a disheartening night in comp, although less so than it used to be. I try my best every match but it's really been liberating to think of it as grinding points for gold weapons rather than "I must achieve x rank". Of course I want to win and get a better rank for more end of season points, but ultimately not being too invested in comp rankings seems to make competitive actually fun for me. (I don't even like gold weapons that much, but I saw an ashe with a gold b.o.b. and, uh, I must have a gold b.o.b.)

    I did a lot of dps last night though, just for fun. I lost repeatedly with symmetra but had at least 3 gold medals every time so I guess I wasn't worthless with her. I was inspired by an extremely aggressive sym I played against who would teleport behind every team fight and just wreck us from behind. Brutal, relentless, and terrifying. And then last dps game was like, "fuck it, I'm going hanzo." Guess who held point A and got potg? Yeah that's right, you hate to see it.

    soylenth on
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Man I haven't seen people fall for a Sym troll tele since like season 3, that's old school

    SirToastyautono-wally, erotibot300
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 29
    I play in the scrub leagues. This was around 2100 rank. No one else in my party would turn around, even though she did it literally every team battle.

    soylenth on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Registered User regular
    edited August 29
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on the shield meta thing. Part of me feels folks are so caught up on Orisa being "OP" that they aren't trying more traditional aggro comps.

    Ligma is the one tank who is doing serious distance damage and increasing the area denial that you usually only get up close, and that's the problem compounded by his shield. Look at all the other tanks, their primary is usually a 10 meter type fire, Roadhog and Orisa can get more distance but falloff and sacrificing other things like team protection or weapon variety.

    So now you've got an up close barrier with a tank who is normally denying that area with a constant shield deploy like Orisa who can just spray and pray, and now you have Gru throwing boulders and tossing out free damage that has a wide radius and he's also cutting off the enemy distance damage dealers with that huge shield at the slightest hint of damage coming from that location. If he was the weakest tank at say 300 or 350 since he's the skinniest, that would at least allow you to focus him before he gets some heals and that restoration field kicks in. Or make his shield have another half second of creation/recalling. Hell, do something original with him and make it so when the barrier is poorly placed or purposely gets put up on any wall in a choke or someplace it starts a rapid decay.


    edit: I was thinking that Richard Hammond of all characters should be tried having his primary do more damage to barrier HP than regular HP. He's already the speed/disruption tank and his primary is just there to sort of be an appetizer to any engagement, so why not make it so his primary can help shred barrier HP instead? Doing so also makes him commit to either rolling around being a nuisance or helping the front line. Gives him more viability outside of dive or last second payload touch.

    TexiKen on
    eb3XA8M.png
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on the shield meta thing. Part of me feels folks are so caught up on Orisa being "OP" that they aren't trying more traditional aggro comps.

    Ligma is the one tank who is doing serious distance damage and increasing the area denial that you usually only get up close, and that's the problem compounded by his shield. Look at all the other tanks, their primary is usually a 10 meter type fire, Roadhog and Orisa can get more distance but falloff and sacrificing other things like team protection or weapon variety.

    So now you've got an up close barrier with a tank who is normally denying that area with a constant shield deploy like Orisa who can just spray and pray, and now you have Gru throwing boulders and tossing out free damage that has a wide radius and he's also cutting off the enemy distance damage dealers with that huge shield at the slightest hint of damage coming from that location. If he was the weakest tank at say 300 or 350 since he's the skinniest, that would at least allow you to focus him before he gets some heals and that restoration field kicks in. Or make his shield have another half second of creation/recalling. Hell, do something original with him and make it so when the barrier is poorly placed or purposely gets put up on any wall in a choke or someplace it starts a rapid decay.


    edit: I was thinking that Richard Hammond of all characters should be tried having his primary do more damage to barrier HP than regular HP. He's already the speed/disruption tank and his primary is just there to sort of be an appetizer to any engagement, so why not make it so his primary can help shred barrier HP instead? Doing so also makes him commit to either rolling around being a nuisance or helping the front line. Gives him more viability outside of dive or last second payload touch.

    Orisa has zero damage fall off just so you know. So she doesn't really sacrifice anything to pump out the damage. Also she has the highest shield up time. Sigma certainly helps but Orisa is super strong altogether right now.

    Chance
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    SirToasty wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on the shield meta thing. Part of me feels folks are so caught up on Orisa being "OP" that they aren't trying more traditional aggro comps.

    Ligma is the one tank who is doing serious distance damage and increasing the area denial that you usually only get up close, and that's the problem compounded by his shield. Look at all the other tanks, their primary is usually a 10 meter type fire, Roadhog and Orisa can get more distance but falloff and sacrificing other things like team protection or weapon variety.

    So now you've got an up close barrier with a tank who is normally denying that area with a constant shield deploy like Orisa who can just spray and pray, and now you have Gru throwing boulders and tossing out free damage that has a wide radius and he's also cutting off the enemy distance damage dealers with that huge shield at the slightest hint of damage coming from that location. If he was the weakest tank at say 300 or 350 since he's the skinniest, that would at least allow you to focus him before he gets some heals and that restoration field kicks in. Or make his shield have another half second of creation/recalling. Hell, do something original with him and make it so when the barrier is poorly placed or purposely gets put up on any wall in a choke or someplace it starts a rapid decay.


    edit: I was thinking that Richard Hammond of all characters should be tried having his primary do more damage to barrier HP than regular HP. He's already the speed/disruption tank and his primary is just there to sort of be an appetizer to any engagement, so why not make it so his primary can help shred barrier HP instead? Doing so also makes him commit to either rolling around being a nuisance or helping the front line. Gives him more viability outside of dive or last second payload touch.

    Orisa has zero damage fall off just so you know. So she doesn't really sacrifice anything to pump out the damage. Also she has the highest shield up time. Sigma certainly helps but Orisa is super strong altogether right now.

    Orisa is nutty strong now. Bongos is actually very good in a shield war and it charges very quickly.

    mightyjongyo
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    edited August 29
    Sigma is also empowering Orisa picks on attack since the easy adjustability of Sigma's barrier gives her the space to aggressively leapfrog her barrier forward all the while putting down walking fire with her primary.

    It was the same strat as doing the same thing with Reinhardt except Sigma is infinitely more mobile and versatile with his shield, and can also apply damage simultaneously as well

    And I agree, shield meta is boring as fuck

    BRIAN BLESSED on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    SirToasty wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    I'm still not sold on the shield meta thing. Part of me feels folks are so caught up on Orisa being "OP" that they aren't trying more traditional aggro comps.

    Ligma is the one tank who is doing serious distance damage and increasing the area denial that you usually only get up close, and that's the problem compounded by his shield. Look at all the other tanks, their primary is usually a 10 meter type fire, Roadhog and Orisa can get more distance but falloff and sacrificing other things like team protection or weapon variety.

    So now you've got an up close barrier with a tank who is normally denying that area with a constant shield deploy like Orisa who can just spray and pray, and now you have Gru throwing boulders and tossing out free damage that has a wide radius and he's also cutting off the enemy distance damage dealers with that huge shield at the slightest hint of damage coming from that location. If he was the weakest tank at say 300 or 350 since he's the skinniest, that would at least allow you to focus him before he gets some heals and that restoration field kicks in. Or make his shield have another half second of creation/recalling. Hell, do something original with him and make it so when the barrier is poorly placed or purposely gets put up on any wall in a choke or someplace it starts a rapid decay.


    edit: I was thinking that Richard Hammond of all characters should be tried having his primary do more damage to barrier HP than regular HP. He's already the speed/disruption tank and his primary is just there to sort of be an appetizer to any engagement, so why not make it so his primary can help shred barrier HP instead? Doing so also makes him commit to either rolling around being a nuisance or helping the front line. Gives him more viability outside of dive or last second payload touch.

    Orisa has zero damage fall off just so you know. So she doesn't really sacrifice anything to pump out the damage. Also she has the highest shield up time. Sigma certainly helps but Orisa is super strong altogether right now.

    Orisa is nutty strong now. Bongos is actually very good in a shield war and it charges very quickly.

    Supercharger may be the most underrated ult in the game.

    BloodySlothsanstodoBionicPenguinPailryder
  • BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    It just isn't flashy, so people don't notice the difference it makes.

    9MpLNPA.jpg
    Steam: MightyPotatoKing/King of the Impossible - Battle.net: PotatoKing#1893
    Fencingsax
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    They need to renerf the charge time of Supercharger and decrease the shield health to 800. Make Sigma 1250 too while you're at it

    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    People who don't understand why Supercharger is so powerful probably weren't around for when Zen's Discord Orb was at 50% or that one week on the PTR where Mercy could damage boost for 50 and McCree players were killing everything in one shot.

    Fencingsax
  • CoinageCoinage The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter Registered User regular
    Spitfire Winston skin is out btw

    l5pfwe2qivac.jpg
    SirToasty
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Sigma is also empowering Orisa picks on attack since the easy adjustability of Sigma's barrier gives her the space to aggressively leapfrog her barrier forward all the while putting down walking fire with her primary.

    It was the same strat as doing the same thing with Reinhardt except Sigma is infinitely more mobile and versatile with his shield, and can also apply damage simultaneously as well

    And I agree, shield meta is boring as fuck

    It is kind of ironic that they removed shield damage from stats and it might actually be relevant now.

    BRIAN BLESSED
  • soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Had an escort comp match last night that we won 6 - 3. Amazing, hard fought match. We were on borrowed time well before we hit the first gate in the overtime mode, and somehow managed to push all the way to the end and then hold them when it was their turn. It was a little bit lucky because only me and the zen remembered we couldn't stray off the payload at all if we didn't want the match to end, but it worked out well.

    So far, by far, my best comp games are me tanking with sigma. Him and the new Brig I'm clicking with pretty well.

    Chance
  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    If you’re not in voice, guess why you feel like the team isn’t following you? Because we’re making calls you don’t hear.

  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    You really need to be in voice when you're playing comp, even if the people on there suck sometimes. Voice coordination is just too important in Overwatch, and comp is an unspoken agreement that people should take the games seriously.

    mightyjongyoBRIAN BLESSEDHamHamJFencingsax
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    Yeah. I stopped playing ranked cause my headset broke and I can't buy a new one right now.

    Like there were too many times there was an obvious reason we're getting stomped and no one else seemed to notice it. So I'll just spare myself the headache for now.

  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    OuFrYk0.jpg
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • BRIAN BLESSEDBRIAN BLESSED Maybe you aren't SPEAKING LOUDLY ENOUGHHH Registered User regular
    It's really a good idea to be in the voice channel even if you can't respond with a mic, it can mean the difference between catching or missing call outs pivotal to the survival of the team

    Pailrydersanstodomightyjongyo
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    If someone is being super toxic, mute them, but don't leave voice. Be there for your teammates that are fighting through it.

    Fencingsax
Sign In or Register to comment.