Options

Overwatch: Echo Live

134689100

Posts

  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »
    I suppose I could watch more OWL.

    But then I wouldn't be playing.

    OWL is a lot of fun, particularly when the best teams are playing. I've learned some neat tech from it.

    However, I'm not super stoked about the growing use of Bastion. It's...........kinda dumb.

  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Also I was wrong about sigma. He’s very good with Orisa.

  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    It is frustrating to put out 40k total dmg and healing and lose because the dps put out less than that combined.

  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Also frustrating to play sigma, block 40k dog, get gold dmg, and have your dps complain that you’re the reason for losing, even though they ignored shields and lost sniper war every time.

  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Also frustrating to play sigma, block 40k dog, get gold dmg, and have your dps complain that you’re the reason for losing, even though they ignored shields and lost sniper war every time.

    Oh, like this?

    uw65hIR.jpg?1

    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Also frustrating to play sigma, block 40k dog, get gold dmg, and have your dps complain that you’re the reason for losing, even though they ignored shields and lost sniper war every time.

    Oh, like this?

    uw65hIR.jpg?1

    Exactly, he never got close.

    But seriously, I’m over performing in tank and support roles by objective measures (looking at rate per 10, I’m pretty much in the 90th percentile or higher in all important ones for my rank on Moira, Lucio, zen, sigma, and Orisa) but can’t buy a win recently.

    I have to tighten up my ult usage in sigma but otherwise I’m pumping out tons of dmg and shields/heals to no avail.

    sanstodo on
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    God, I would fucking kill for a Dog/Wolf hero in Overwatch. And if it played like Aliens did from the AVP multiplayer PC games?

    *Chef's Kiss*

  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    it's definitely tough now with role lock. I've been trying to queue as healer and i'll get into games where the other healer is moira and doing crazy good work so i keep thinking, ok i'll go zen so maybe my team can kill a little eaiser...no they are off staring at walls. This is a dark time, even though it seems like it should be better. Of course, i know i have room for improvement but i literally had to squelch a pharah that just kept spamming 'i need healing' the entire match. She was getting heals and i think maybe had 4 kills the whole match :(

  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    The only thing I need from the game right now is for the Sym PTR nerfs to go live. I know it's her primary that's makin' things troublesome, but trying to deal with Sym + the two shields she's usually running with + the fact that she's seemingly always double-pocketed + I just raaaage at those fucking turrets of hers.

    That and the fact that she almost-always has 2 shields on my team to charge off of. I don't wanna' mirror her. I don't wanna' play fucking Pharah to counter her and even when I do and we have a Mercy it's like the Mercy is consciously ignoring me lol.

    Delete Sym. She and her hateful turrets are antithetic to an ethical world.

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Hmm...I feel Sigma needs to be nerfed but I'm not sure how.

    He doesn't do anything great but he does everything good.

    Dragkonias on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Dragkonias wrote: »
    Hmm...I feel Sigma needs to be nerfed but I'm not sure how.

    He doesn't do anything great but he does everything good.

    The PTR has a revision that changes his explosion damage to 30 (from 35) and increases Accretion to 130 damage (from 120), such that the combo attack has the same power but for moment-to-moment fighting he'll do less damage. That has a knock-on effect of increasing the time between ults as well.

    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I don't think that -5 is gonna' be that big a deal. His ttk a 200 hp remains 2 volleys.

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Having a week to play QP role queue, it really feels like they need to get on the ball with new patches and just skip PTR for a month, just adjust numbers each week just to have data because whoever beta tests has been dropping the ball. Because now with the queue times, the limiting queue mechanics, and the strongest feeling of a 8 character only roster yet, the game just isn't enjoyable. It's one thing when it's in comp, but now that QP is comp lite it's incredibly frustrating. And every day I'm wondering how they thought Sigma as presented wouldn't be Bridget mark II, he's broken.

    Damage falloff for projectiles (get over it), barrier HP reduction for every character across the board but you hit Rein the least, and from there you start working character by character. Take away the shield boost from either uppercut or slam on Doomfist and replace it with a reload for his primary like McCree, cut back on damage range for Moira and make her orbs only one speed and reduce Torb's turret range, immortality field cooldown only begins when the field disappears.



    And I'm pretty much done with OWL now, it's just 90% mirrors and the announcers sound as forced enthused as they were when goats was running stage 1 & 2, it's ironic that the best game was the stage 3 final when there was no queue yet and everyone was sort of goofing off and teams were starting to develop their own identities again.

  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I don't think that -5 is gonna' be that big a deal. His ttk a 200 hp remains 2 volleys.

    It does lower his random splash dmg and prob nerf his ult charge a bit.

    I can’t wait for the sym nerfs. Personally, I don’t think turrets should ever be viable beyond the lowest skill level because they are brain dead and, if they’re good, horrifically unfun to play against (plus they incentivize bad play, cue torb POTG while he’s missing six shots in a row).

    Also role queue will be better once people fail or rise appropriately. there are a lot of people who are playing roles they don’t understand at all.

  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I'd hardly call Sigma broken. He has borderline zero damage outside medium range (unless he gets lucky with the rock), his ult is more disruptive than deadly and relies on enemies to clump up, and the way his shield works mean he has to actively keep track of when and where it's up or else runs the constant risk of not having it. Orissa also strongly counters him because she tears up his shield easily and can ignore his ult, plus can yank him all over the place. He's also a big ult battery for the likes of Roadhog and Winston.

    I'm far, far more interested in seeing a balance pass on DPS done immediately than doing anything with tanks (which probably need a general shield adjustment, at worst). Reaper and Sym balance is far more oppressive to the game right now over anything else, with Reaper being nigh un-fucking-killable as long as he has phase handy and Sym having her pile of overtuned bullshit.

  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    I don't think that -5 is gonna' be that big a deal. His ttk a 200 hp remains 2 volleys.

    I don’t think turrets should ever be viable beyond the lowest skill level.

    Preach!

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    @Chance I saw your name-doppelganger in my games last night, even popped off on Tracer at the end!

    Role queue has been a mixed bag for me, I feel like it's more consistent but it doesn't feel as good when I win games. That is probably my own apathy more than anything, but it feels sort of like - the peaks are lower, the valleys are higher, but it feels like I spend more time in the valley.

    It's also weirdly discouraging me from flex play when I'm in a group - when you're solo-queue you can just click all three boxes and roll the dice, but in group, you have to cancel/requeue to change roles... so it feels a little more locked in (though of course it's not really a big deal to do so). I was on tank for most of last night and while it's great to get some dva practice in, I think I'm going to stick with support if I'm grouped since that's my preferred role and I am lazy about switching/forcing others in group to switch roles to accommodate.

    I don't think I'm going to explain this very well but I miss being lazy about what I want to play and just filling whatever is needed. I wasn't expecting it, but there's a difference between "Oh, I guess I'll flex to DPS" v.s. "I really feel like queueing for DPS" and apparently I prefer the former.

  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I'd hardly call Sigma broken. He has borderline zero damage outside medium range (unless he gets lucky with the rock), his ult is more disruptive than deadly and relies on enemies to clump up, and the way his shield works mean he has to actively keep track of when and where it's up or else runs the constant risk of not having it. Orissa also strongly counters him because she tears up his shield easily and can ignore his ult, plus can yank him all over the place. He's also a big ult battery for the likes of Roadhog and Winston.

    I'm far, far more interested in seeing a balance pass on DPS done immediately than doing anything with tanks (which probably need a general shield adjustment, at worst). Reaper and Sym balance is far more oppressive to the game right now over anything else, with Reaper being nigh un-fucking-killable as long as he has phase handy and Sym having her pile of overtuned bullshit.

    Yeah, they really fucked with balance during GOATS and nerfed most tanks to the ground (Orisa being the exception) while buffing certain dps way too much.

    I like role queue in theory, but with the balance right now, the game feels terrible as anything other than dps or sigma. It is incredibly hard, if not impossible, to carry as a tank or support. Basically, you can lose the game if you fuck up, but otherwise, you’re completely dependent on your DPS.

    sanstodo on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    @Chance I saw your name-doppelganger in my games last night, even popped off on Tracer at the end!

    lol if they were actually going by Chance_Splinter and weren't on PS4, that's just weird. And the only popping off I did last night was a Busan game in QP - it was incredible, I somehow just insta-picked the enemy Ana before every single teamfight on round 1 to the point that she switched to Bap. Then, feeling confident, I went ahead and lost like 80 SR in comp :(

    I think what I need to do is stop trying to switch to counter-pick (Soldier or Bastion will be better for helping my team out Vs. those shields, Pharah will let me go nuts on the Sym) and just stay confident in my Tracer's ability to wreck a Sym when I catch her out in the open.

    Then again, the other day a switch to Sym on Horizon defense stopped the attackers cold when they rolled from A to B. After that they switched off Sym so I went back to Tracer and we held it, but still...

    Idk. Fucking frustrating.

    Edit: also I agree about how one feels pretty constrained by the inability to flex off their chosen role. Which I agree runs counter to my epiphany about not counter-picking any more lol

    Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    So far role queue has been surprisingly good but I'm pretty sure it's been so long since I played actual QP/Competitive that my MMR has super decayed. I was pulling all kinds of stupid ball shit last night that I should not have been allowed to do at all. Hell, I got flashbanged in the middle of like 5 reds and just managed to roll away.

    Also I enjoy getting bribed into playing what I prefer anyways. Still have a twinge of guilt about picking tank since I can't really main tank at all. I'm fine on any of the off tanks but nearly useless on Orisa and really useless on Rein.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Guys...I haven't played OW as a damage class in a long time. Did...they buff Reaper? Granted, it was QP but I've never hit a 28 kill streak with any character ever.

    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    HamHamJHamHamJ Registered User regular
    Nerfing Symetra will just make double barrier more dominant. They need to buff Winston and Diva.

    While racing light mechs, your Urbanmech comes in second place, but only because it ran out of ammo.
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Guys...I haven't played OW as a damage class in a long time. Did...they buff Reaper? Granted, it was QP but I've never hit a 28 kill streak with any character ever.

    They've done nothing but buff reaper. Granted some of amount of it was necessary.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Nerfing Symetra will just make double barrier more dominant. They need to buff Winston and Diva.

    Why not both?

  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    I'd hardly call Sigma broken. He has borderline zero damage outside medium range (unless he gets lucky with the rock), his ult is more disruptive than deadly and relies on enemies to clump up, and the way his shield works mean he has to actively keep track of when and where it's up or else runs the constant risk of not having it. Orissa also strongly counters him because she tears up his shield easily and can ignore his ult, plus can yank him all over the place. He's also a big ult battery for the likes of Roadhog and Winston.

    I'm far, far more interested in seeing a balance pass on DPS done immediately than doing anything with tanks (which probably need a general shield adjustment, at worst). Reaper and Sym balance is far more oppressive to the game right now over anything else, with Reaper being nigh un-fucking-killable as long as he has phase handy and Sym having her pile of overtuned bullshit.

    Yeah, they really fucked with balance during GOATS and nerfed most tanks to the ground (Orisa being the exception) while buffing certain dps way too much.

    I like role queue in theory, but with the balance right now, the game feels terrible as anything other than dps or sigma. It is incredibly hard, if not impossible, to carry as a tank or support. Basically, you can lose the game if you fuck up, but otherwise, you’re completely dependent on your DPS.

    The one point of exception is that I agree the shield game is fairly aggravating right now, which is also a result of the GOATS stuff. To counter tank, DPS got overtuned. To keep DPS from instantly squashing other DPS or supports, shields had to be buffed to keep from being smashed immediately by DPS as well.

    I'd much much rather a swing back to tanks being actually tanky and the shields just being an added bonus. Rein should basically be the supreme protection tank, and nobody should provide better shield coverage than him.

  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    How about this for tanks, their barrier touches their allies barrier, both disappear. With airhorn sound effect. Now you can't stack, you have to stay away or strategize, and it encourages off-tanks being the off tank like DvA, Richard Hammond, and Roadhog. And any player who repeatedly abuses this to be a dick like Mei's who icewall their teammates are super primed for reporting and kicking them out forever because that's what should happen.

  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Honestly the only reason to Winston right now feels like if you aren't familiar enough to Ball your way to where you want to disrupt.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Nerfing Symetra will just make double barrier more dominant. They need to buff Winston and Diva.

    Why not both?

    Winston and D.Va are already pretty solid answers to Rein/Orisa + Sigma. Once Sym isn't there to ignore the D.Va's Matrix and munch on the Winston's shields, they'll come back. Reaper's semi-ubiquitous presence is also screwin' with Winston.

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Having a week to play QP role queue, it really feels like they need to get on the ball with new patches and just skip PTR for a month, just adjust numbers each week just to have data because whoever beta tests has been dropping the ball. Because now with the queue times, the limiting queue mechanics, and the strongest feeling of a 8 character only roster yet, the game just isn't enjoyable. It's one thing when it's in comp, but now that QP is comp lite it's incredibly frustrating. And every day I'm wondering how they thought Sigma as presented wouldn't be Bridget mark II, he's broken.

    Damage falloff for projectiles (get over it), barrier HP reduction for every character across the board but you hit Rein the least, and from there you start working character by character. Take away the shield boost from either uppercut or slam on Doomfist and replace it with a reload for his primary like McCree, cut back on damage range for Moira and make her orbs only one speed and reduce Torb's turret range, immortality field cooldown only begins when the field disappears.



    And I'm pretty much done with OWL now, it's just 90% mirrors and the announcers sound as forced enthused as they were when goats was running stage 1 & 2, it's ironic that the best game was the stage 3 final when there was no queue yet and everyone was sort of goofing off and teams were starting to develop their own identities again.

    Errr...what? These playoffs have been fantastic. The Shock/Reign game was one of the best games of OW I've ever seen. I was on the edge of my seat for the whole thing.

  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    They need to take 400 health off Sigma's barrier and give it to Winston's.

    The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Nerfing Symetra will just make double barrier more dominant. They need to buff Winston and Diva.

    Why not both?

    Winston and D.Va are already pretty solid answers to Rein/Orisa + Sigma. Once Sym isn't there to ignore the D.Va's Matrix and munch on the Winston's shields, they'll come back. Reaper's semi-ubiquitous presence is also screwin' with Winston.

    Diving is a death sentence right now. Bunker outright beats it thanks to the buffs you mentioned to sym and reaper.

    Maybe nerfing those two will do the trick but Orisa outright beats Winston at all ranges with the added utility of halt. Playing rein is dumb because Orisa beats him in the shield war since she can shield and pressure at the same time, with more total shields plus fortify.

    Basically, Orisa is a superior main tank to any other. They buffed her way too much, not seeming to recognize that stationary gameplay is the fucking worst.

  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    They need to take 400 health off Sigma's barrier and give it to Winston's.

    Winston's my favourite hero, but you're a monster. They lowered it from 1000 to 600 ages ago for a reason (people felt there was no point in shooting it).

    BionicPenguin on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Chance wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    HamHamJ wrote: »
    Nerfing Symetra will just make double barrier more dominant. They need to buff Winston and Diva.

    Why not both?

    Winston and D.Va are already pretty solid answers to Rein/Orisa + Sigma. Once Sym isn't there to ignore the D.Va's Matrix and munch on the Winston's shields, they'll come back. Reaper's semi-ubiquitous presence is also screwin' with Winston.

    Diving is a death sentence right now. Bunker outright beats it thanks to the buffs you mentioned to sym and reaper.

    Maybe nerfing those two will do the trick but Orisa outright beats Winston at all ranges with the added utility of halt. Playing rein is dumb because Orisa beats him in the shield war since she can shield and pressure at the same time, with more total shields plus fortify.

    Basically, Orisa is a superior main tank to any other. They buffed her way too much, not seeming to recognize that stationary gameplay is the fucking worst.

    Idk if that's true. Reaper's presence is obviously a big factor, but I think it's more about teams not remembering how to run Dive.

    We had an Orisa + Sym combo stonewalling us on Blizzworld during the attack round yesterday and I switched to Winston and just forced them to turn to the side to deal with me a bit, and my team was able to sweep in the front door and get shit done. Ended up winning 3-2. I think Dive answers Bunker very well - individual player skill and teamwork aside.

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    I feel like I never see a Winston barrier last for more than a second or two on either side.

  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Given Winston's size and short-range/low damage output, I'd rather see Winston himself get an HP buff than his shield. Shields are already too ever-present, and jumping on people at the moment is frequently suicidal; the DPS nonsense is so overtuned that I've seen repeatedly seen him hit his ult and die in about three seconds, which is absolutely insane considering the whole point of his ult is to be a big unkillable thing jumping around the fight.

    Though I guess with teams being limited to two tanks now, there's far less reason to try to push Winston into the dive role instead of letting him provide tanky protection. Other tanks will still have better or longer-lasting shields, but a stronger shield for him means he might actually be able to survive long enough to jump back out of fights again.

  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    My Orisa and Sigma nerfs would be
    1 second cooldown increase on Halt
    50 less ammo in gun
    50 less barrier hp
    Supercharger cost increase by 10%

    1 second cooldown increase on Rock
    1.5 second cooldown added before barrier redeploy
    100 less barrier hp
    barrier regen reduced to 150 from 175
    Grav aoe nerfed to match visuals
    Grav initial 50 demage removed

    Happiness is within reach!
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Give Winston lifesteal from his Tesla gun. Have it scale with the number of reds hit. Make him a terror for bunker while not being much better at individually diving somebody.

    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Just give winstons regular melee a slight knockback

    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    Give Tesla Cannon infinite range and have it go through walls. In exchange, lower the ammo count to 10.

  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    My Orisa and Sigma nerfs would be
    1 second cooldown increase on Halt
    50 less ammo in gun
    50 less barrier hp
    Supercharger cost increase by 10%

    1 second cooldown increase on Rock
    1.5 second cooldown added before barrier redeploy
    100 less barrier hp
    barrier regen reduced to 150 from 175
    Grav aoe nerfed to match visuals
    Grav initial 50 demage removed

    The 1.5 CD on Sig's barrier alone would be yuuuge.

    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
Sign In or Register to comment.