[IC{ Alien RPG: Chariot of the Gods

124»

Posts

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    "Sounds like a plan," Rye says, going for the door. She tries to get it open.

    geth roll 5d6

    5d6 21 [5d6=6, 6, 1, 5, 3]

    Cheeseliker on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Leah pulls out a convenient rag.
    "Sure, let's scrub these scrubbers"
    Leah can do agility + heavy machinery if you want to go low while he goes high, but otherwise it's your roll @JebusUD and don't forget the stress die :P

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2019
    alright do I just roll heavy machinery plus the stress die? Or do those roll separate? Edit: I'masking basicsy if the stress die counts toward successes or if it is just a separate risk of a bad thing happening or what exactly.

    JebusUD on
    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    JebusUD wrote: »
    alright do I just roll heavy machinery plus the stress die? Or do those roll separate? Edit: I'masking basicsy if the stress die counts toward successes or if it is just a separate risk of a bad thing happening or what exactly.

    It counts towards successes, only difference is risk of a bad thing.
    You can also push a bad roll to re-roll everything but get another stress die

    I also assume it's Heavy Machineery plus relevant base stat

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    alright do I just roll heavy machinery plus the stress die? Or do those roll separate? Edit: I'masking basicsy if the stress die counts toward successes or if it is just a separate risk of a bad thing happening or what exactly.

    It counts towards successes, only difference is risk of a bad thing.
    You can also push a bad roll to re-roll everything but get another stress die

    I also assume it's Heavy Machineery plus relevant base stat

    how do I tell what the base stat is?

    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    alright do I just roll heavy machinery plus the stress die? Or do those roll separate? Edit: I'masking basicsy if the stress die counts toward successes or if it is just a separate risk of a bad thing happening or what exactly.

    It counts towards successes, only difference is risk of a bad thing.
    You can also push a bad roll to re-roll everything but get another stress die

    I also assume it's Heavy Machineery plus relevant base stat

    how do I tell what the base stat is?

    *shrug*
    It's probably strength or agility though, because it's physical work

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Sorry is is strength and heavy machinery. You always add your stress die and it if you roll a six with it it is a success. It just causes a problem if you roll a 1, so as you gain stress you are more effective but more likely to have a bad side effect.

  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Lyron Cham, Roughneck

    Grabbing a mallet, Lyron looks back at everyone.

    "Well, guess this isn't going to clean itself. Stay close and hand me stuff. Be ready to grab any chunks I knock loose, Leah"

    is there a platform to work on? Or will I just be leaning out?

    Geth roll 8d6 for cleaning the scrubbers
    Geth roll 1d6 for stress die

    cleaning the scrubbers:
    8d6 26 [8d6=6, 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 6, 1]
    stress die:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    The Cryo bay doors open up revealing the room within. Despite the chaos of the rest of the ship, this room looks in order at first glance. There are dozens of pods in the room, but just 5ive of the Cryopods are active, you can tell immediately by the sheen of frost over them that is beginning to steam as the ship wakes up. Two more pods were occupied, but the hatches are now open and each is now occupied by the mummified corpse of a former crew member. Neither body has any obvious signs of trauma, but the decades in the sterile dry cold air of the ship has made it hard to tell.

    Meanwhile Lyron and Leah are finishing up their work. The cleaning went well, though you did notice some odd spores caught in the filter that you didn't recognize, not unexpected given that this is a research vessel. The Air Scrubbers are clean and slotted back in with a satisfying THUNK and the lights turn green and the air begins to flow. Soon the atmosphere on the ship will be breathable again.

    Not long after Lyron and Leah finish there is a chime in the Cryo Bay and MU/TH/UR speaks over the intercom. "Life support functional, crew reawakening process beginning." This proccess normally takes about twenty minutes, giving you time to regroup or come up with a plan before the crew awakens.

    As Lyron and Leah come up from the air scrubber and back unto A deck they hear a woman's voice faintly call out to them. "Hello? Who is there?"

  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    @JebusUD @discrider @Cheeseliker @Auralynx @AustinP0027 if any/all of you are still interested in continuing.

  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    I'm here. Just waiting on input from others.

    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    "We've got 5 soon-to-be warm bodies coming up," Rye calls out. She takes a closer look at the mummified corpses, trying to figure out how the hatches were opened or how the people inside died.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    My phone broke last week, and it looks like it won't be repaired for another week. I have been a bit loathe to post from this phone, as it cant even handle this forum's reactions, but I can try

    'Hello?', Leah calls out at the voice.
    'We got your distress beacon. Are you okay?'

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    Fry
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    “I am operating well below operational parameters.” The voice responds. “I repeat, who are you? You are on Weland Yutani company property.”

  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Lyron Cham, Roughneck

    Lyron looks toward Leah and speaks quietly.

    "... some kind of robot." He holds up a finger "shhh, careful what you say, we don't want to trigger some automated system wrong"

    Louder, towards the voice.

    "Lyron Cham, head maintenance crewman of the Weyland-Yutani company vessel Montero, we've been sent to help. I can return you to operational parameters, no problem.

    ...who are you?"

    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Leah shrugs.

    "Ask her whether she can fly this thing back.
    Would be nice if we don't have to put back together the mess of the flight controls in the cockpit."

    He rubs some mould off his suit.
    Or clean more scrubbers

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    Lyron moves towards the voice before he finally comes to a woman sitting in the corner. She is leaning her head against the wall. She looks at you with unfocused eyes and smiles with half her mouth. “Hello Lyron Cham, my name is Ava. On behalf of the crew of the Cronus thank you for your offer of support of our ship. Being restored to my full functionality would be optimal, however the damage to my microcircuitry may not be repairable without more advanced equipment.”

    In the Cryochamber you inspect the two corpses and their pods. There is no sign of damage to the pods themselves but both of the corpses show signs of cancer like growths. You know that old model pods would deactivate if the occupant died.

    Finally the lights on the pods turn green, signaling the ship has decided the atmosphere is safe and with a rush of vapor the pods open and someone takes a breath of the Cronus’ air for the first time in decades.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Leah wipes the surface of his O2 sensor.
    Tapping on the back of his wrist, he then nods and instantly regrets opening his helmet as the musty smell from the mould chokes him.

    He doubles over, sucking as much thin air down as possible.

    "So,", Leah gasps, ".. so....".
    "How'd you get so damaged?"
    Leah stands upright.
    He's fine.
    Nothing to worry about.

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    The mold has an unusual sharp spell and Leah notices small spores in the air, the scent isn't anything you recognize and it is memorable, it might be alien in nature.

    Ava is silent for a moment before speaking. "The damage to my processor has impaired my long term memory functions. Information prior to ten years ago is not available. The damage occurred before then. The damage has slowly increased over time due to proper repairs. I would estimate it occurred at least 50 years prior to today."

  • CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    Rye takes a few steps back. "Uh, Captain? We got people waking up here," Rye sets the flame thrower down, not wanting to appear too dangerous. This feels a little above her pay-grade, but what are you going to do?

    "Hello? Are you okay?"

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Geth roll 3d6t6+1d6t6 on Spore recognition
    Geth roll 5d6t6+1d6t6 on investigating the decrepit robot

    Spore recognition:
    3d6t6+1d6t6 3 [3d6t6=1, 6, 6] [1d6t6=6]
    investigating the decrepit robot:
    5d6t6+1d6t6 2 [5d6t6=4, 4, 2, 6, 1] [1d6t6=6]

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Leah
    Well you've got to have been damaged here somehow
    Leah reasons, looking around the room.
    The robot is unlikely to have moved very far in the time it was injured, so surely something in here must have caused the damage.

    Meanwhile, Leah's nose continues to process the metallic scent of the mould, and his subconcious debates whether he should rather keep his helmet on.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Lyron Cham, Roughneck

    Lyron regards the small woman. The small android, he corrects himself. Truly an impressive piece of equipment.

    He overhears the helmet unlatch next to him. "Jesus, Leah. You'll give yourself blacklung with this air. At least let it freshen up for a bit"

    Looking at the spores floating around, he can't help but wonder what it is.

    "Can you move?" He asks Ava. He isn't sure he could do much if she couldn't. While he could do basic circuitry repair, this is way beyond fixing a loader.

    are there any obvious signs of damage to the android? Could you describe what the android looks like?

    Upon hearing Rye's warning of the crew waking up, Lyron says "we better go make sure the situation is under control. The crew should have answers." And heads back to the cryo room.

    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
  • NeadenNeaden Registered User regular
    The spores are not from Earth, or any other planet you are familiar with. It's definitely alien, wherever the Cronus went to do research it must have picked them up there.
    By all appearances Ava is an Asian woman, you'd guess about 5'4" in height. She is very plain looking by design. Her hair is short and she is wearing a standard Company Issue jumpsuit that they issue decades later. She has dark brown eyes and is smiling cheerfully. The back of her head has dried white Android blood on it, the only sign that she isn't human. Examining the damage more closely you see that she has been struck by something with significant force, A human with a wrench or hammer could have done it, or an android with a fist. You can do some basic repairs to get her mobile again, but she won't be at full functionality.

  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Leah shuffles around a bit before producing a tissue from a suit pocket.
    A loud trumpeting follows.

    -ssh click-
    With the suit filters on and taking in the stale outside air, Leah examines the android again.

    "Can we ask what your function is?
    We sort of have a whole ship to fix, and could use the assistance if you can give it."
    "That is", Leah jabs Lyron playfully, "if we can fix her up right quick"

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    ill do whatever is quick to get the android moving then go to cryo quickly.

    And I won, so you lose,
    Guess it always comes down to.
Sign In or Register to comment.