As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[#MeToo] Comes To Gaming

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    Back on topic, League of Legends streamer Hashinshin was accused of grooming 15-17 years olds (while he was 25-30), with a lot of evidence circulating and in response, after saying that it was fake, threatening (but not doing) legal action and have his fans harass the victims...he took 500g of melatonin and other pills in order to try to kill himself, didn't managed because he was forcefully taken to a hospital. Details on the League of Legends subreddit.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Melatonin is a poor choice to OD, I don't even think a lethal OD has ever been documented?

Edit: oh that's 500g, I was assuming mg. That's.... That's actually a lot.

Hevach on
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    I am trying to figure out what Native American spirit quests by white people would be for. My first guess is ACIII, but there are others it could be for.

The Far Cry games, especially 3 and beyond, always have a series of drug trip/spirituality sidequests that areeupposed to have a cultural connection to the games setting.

My guess is this would have been in Primal or 5.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    knitdan wrote: »
    I am trying to figure out what Native American spirit quests by white people would be for. My first guess is ACIII, but there are others it could be for.

The Far Cry games, especially 3 and beyond, always have a series of drug trip/spirituality sidequests that areeupposed to have a cultural connection to the games setting.

My guess is this would have been in Primal or 5.

I'd imagine 5. Which would have been a rather...personal fuck you to my family.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean they are always super cringey and appropriative, and it’s always a white dude experiencing it (even the protagonist in 4, while he was born to people from the setting, was culturally white)

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    Most of the terms we use as standards in videogames meant something of some spiritual nature to some group at some point. Not that it excuses it, but terms like mana and the fact most games just steal religious mythology outright without even changing the names means it's not a new thing. It all depends on the group who's practices are being appropriated. Depending on where you live the sensibilities change. I don't think that's Ubi or any other developer saying "fuck this group in particular". They don't show reverence to ANY heritage and Native American / First Nation stuff is still a very touchy subject given the current practice of outright stealing from an already oppressed people.

In thinking big picture about the sexual predators who seek power and then wield it to enable abuse. We must be doing something wrong as a fucking species, right? Even removing gender and sex from the equation entirely, the need to use your power to inflict hurt on others for gratification just seems like something fundamentally broken in society, even calling out every abuser and making them live in isolation on some uninhabited island wouldn't solve this thing because we keep churning them out.

• AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I am kind of glad I haven’t touched an Assassins Creed game since 3, especially due to their ridiculous “We can’t animate women” thing. In hindsight that really was the problem bubbling up to the surface clearly.

I have regrets. I was dumb enough to think that was a one time thing.

I've had arguments about various Ubisoft games for years on different issues. The tone deafness of Watchdogs, the fact an entire enemy faction are poor people of color in The Division, how little the female protagonist of Syndicate seemed to be in comparison to the male and how Far Cry 5 wanted to say absolutely nothing about far right white terrorism in America. It's hard now to look at those things and give the excuses people did before, given how rampantly misogynist and racist it seems the work environments these things sprang from actually was.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Including people coming out and saying abusers were literally the ones pushing much of the more awful shit

• evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote: »
    Most of the terms we use as standards in videogames meant something of some spiritual nature to some group at some point. Not that it excuses it, but terms like mana and the fact most games just steal religious mythology outright without even changing the names means it's not a new thing. It all depends on the group who's practices are being appropriated. Depending on where you live the sensibilities change. I don't think that's Ubi or any other developer saying "fuck this group in particular". They don't show reverence to ANY heritage and Native American / First Nation stuff is still a very touchy subject given the current practice of outright stealing from an already oppressed people.

In thinking big picture about the sexual predators who seek power and then wield it to enable abuse. We must be doing something wrong as a fucking species, right? Even removing gender and sex from the equation entirely, the need to use your power to inflict hurt on others for gratification just seems like something fundamentally broken in society, even calling out every abuser and making them live in isolation on some uninhabited island wouldn't solve this thing because we keep churning them out.

Fixing this problem doesn't require a better human, it requires building systems that will eject abusers from positions of power instead of protecting them.

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-will-tie-team-leaders-bonuses-to-creating-/1100-6480023/
    As part of Ubisoft's latest earnings call, the company announced that "a portion of team leads' bonuses will be tied to their ability to create a positive and inclusive workplace environment." This new directive is in response to the widespread allegations of abuse and assault found within Ubisoft.

"While Ubisoft's current performance and business prospects are stronger than ever, we nonetheless face a very serious challenge following the recent allegations and accusations of misconduct and inappropriate behavior within our Group," Ubisoft said. "[We are] determined to make profound changes in order to improve and strengthen our corporate culture. We already have acted swiftly and firmly, announcing and introducing large-scale initiatives intended to transform our organization. Our overriding aim is ensuring that all Ubisoft employees have a safe and inclusive workplace environment."
    I can't see how this won't end up basically encouraging the team leads' to try to keep everything quiet because complaints will negatively effect their compensation.

We really should have law on the books that forbids companies to have bonus or raises contingent on some sort of setup that would encourage people to cover up shitty conduct at the work place.

My friend works for a company where the bonuses paid to executive leadership (VP on up) is limited to 60% of what the lowest bonus paid to non-executive employee is.

But then that's one of the advantages for working for an employee owned company I suppose :P

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I just about had an aneurysm right now when my brain recalled that Warren Ellis’ online fanbase was at one time called his ‘holy slut army.’

I think I need a break from remembering things.

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    TryCatcher wrote: »
    Back on topic, League of Legends streamer Hashinshin was accused of grooming 15-17 years olds (while he was 25-30), with a lot of evidence circulating and in response, after saying that it was fake, threatening (but not doing) legal action and have his fans harass the victims...he took 500g of melatonin and other pills in order to try to kill himself, didn't managed because he was forcefully taken to a hospital. Details on the League of Legends subreddit.
    He's also been permanently banned from Twitch, finally, which is nice seeing as he was one of the longest-running super-toxic streamers in LoL, alongside all of the above.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    Bethryn wrote: »
    He's also been permanently banned from Twitch, finally, which is nice seeing as he was one of the longest-running super-toxic streamers in LoL, alongside all of the above.

I always grouped him in the ‘whiny’ LoL streamer over the toxic Tyler1 grouping. Also IIRC from watching other streamers talk about it even way before the accusations his social media had been very dark/suicidal from a breakup. I would not be surprised if this is the outcome from his ban. Obviously the ban is needed, you can’t just have him keep his platform and access to victims cause he’ll kill himself otherwise. But the fact that I think that outcome is more likely than not doesn’t make me feel good.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Bethryn wrote: »

I always grouped him in the ‘whiny’ LoL streamer over the toxic Tyler1 grouping. Also IIRC from watching other streamers talk about it even way before the accusations his social media had been very dark/suicidal from a breakup. I would not be surprised if this is the outcome from his ban. Obviously the ban is needed, you can’t just have him keep his platform and access to victims cause he’ll kill himself otherwise. But the fact that I think that outcome is more likely than not doesn’t make me feel good.

This reminds me of a particular content creator who was accused about ten or more years ago of saying something honestly pretty bad to a female collaborator. He soon after apologized, quit the group he was part of and went on to make videos on his own site by himself (save for guest appearances from his brother). He made light-hearted videos about cheesy old action movies, stories about his experiences in TTRPGs and advice for aspiring GMs, and a couple of multi-part series where he critiqued and joked about several Final Fantasy games. I listened to him a lot because he had such a likable personality and fun stories (I was also completely unaware for a long time as to exactly why he went solo, but the impression I got is that eventually he was largely forgiven for his former transgressions over a period of several years).

He stopped making videos a few years ago and his website has since expired, but on a whim I looked him up on Twitter.

He...doesn't seem to be doing well mentally and is posting a lot of dark shit. I felt compelled to at least comment on one of his posts and say "hey guy, maybe you should consider a new hobby to help take your mind off things, I know going out and taking photos of things I think are neat for Instagram cheers me up."

EDIT: He was apparently also diagnosed with Bipolar 2 sometime after leaving his former collaborator group, has since developed multiple health problems, and tried to participate in a remote livestreaming event with several former collaborators but broke down crying during it. But he also hates Trump and is vocal about it on Twitter, so that's something, at least.

Hexmage-PA on
  • MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    500g? That's like a super heavy meal's worth. How many bottles is that even?

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Doing a cursory google search, the highest over the counter dosage I saw was 12mg, with most varying between 3-10mg overall. so assuming a 10mg dose thats...50,000 pills? :eek: Unless there's some mega dose prescription version that I'm not aware of or that 500g quote is incorrect.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Mortious wrote: »

Doing a cursory google search, the highest over the counter dosage I saw was 12mg, with most varying between 3-10mg overall. so assuming a 10mg dose thats...50,000 pills? :eek: Unless there's some mega dose prescription version that I'm not aware of or that 500g quote is incorrect.

He could have dissolved them and drank the resulting mixture, possibly.

edited July 2020
    Amazon has a 100 mg melatonin tablet I was able to find, but that's still several bottles to get to 500,000mg.

The more I think of that the more I think the, "and other pills" is doing more work than the phrase should. The wording seems to imply it was mostly melatonin, but I'm starting to think that, "and other pills," translates to something closer to, "three sleeping pills and a bottle of oxy."

Hevach on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I take Melatonin to help me get to sleep now and then (it seems to help, or maybe it's just the placebo effect, whatever, it doesn't seem to be doing any harm at least) and usually get 3, 5, or 10mg tablets. A single bottle having 500-600mg worth makes sense. Downing an entire bottle would likely be unwise, but immensely more sensible than shoveling down a couple pounds of the things from a Costco sized vat of them or something.

I never take more than 10mg, I have no idea what 50x that dose would be. I'm pretty sure one hundred bottles would be the kind of thing I'd be rethinking way before I hit the final protective seal.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    Hevach wrote: »
    Amazon has a 100 mg melatonin tablet I was able to find, but that's still several bottles to get to 500,000mg.

The more I think of that the more I think the, "and other pills" is doing more work than the phrase should. The wording seems to imply it was mostly melatonin, but I'm starting to think that, "and other pills," translates to something closer to, "three sleeping pills and a bottle of oxy."

Yeah honestly there has to be other stuff mixed in. I just can't imagine someone chain chugging multiple bottles of 60+ pills at once without their gag/throwup reflex kicking in.

• ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Forar wrote: »
    I take Melatonin to help me get to sleep now and then (it seems to help, or maybe it's just the placebo effect, whatever, it doesn't seem to be doing any harm at least) and usually get 3, 5, or 10mg tablets. A single bottle having 500-600mg worth makes sense. Downing an entire bottle would likely be unwise, but immensely more sensible than shoveling down a couple pounds of the things from a Costco sized vat of them or something.

I never take more than 10mg, I have no idea what 50x that dose would be. I'm pretty sure one hundred bottles would be the kind of thing I'd be rethinking way before I hit the final protective seal.

The figure stated was 500g...not 500mg. Which means you're off by a few extra zeroes (or, if we're talking straight up 500mg bottles, you're still off by one zero).

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    edited July 2020
    Hevach wrote: »

Yeah honestly there has to be other stuff mixed in. I just can't imagine someone chain chugging multiple bottles of 60+ pills at once without their gag/throwup reflex kicking in.

The quote was, "500g of melatonin and other pills," so we know there's something mixed in there. But assuming the number itself wasn't wrong then I'm thinking it's more the melatonin that was mixed in than the other stuff. 500g of a lot of painkillers isn't so unattainable and is definitely dangerous.

And I can see a journalist, especially one in games who usually covers nothing more lethal than a twitter feud, omitting the useful specifics of a suicide.

Hevach on
    edited July 2020
    Erlkönig wrote: »

The figure stated was 500g...not 500mg. Which means you're off by a few extra zeroes (or, if we're talking straight up 500mg bottles, you're still off by one zero).

I'm not wrong. I was referencing what an entire bottle would be (often 50 x 10mg) from my usual pharmacy. The costco one I got from a friend is 180 x 10mg, which would still have them swallowing them by the dozens of bottles.

Which is where the now bolded 100 bottle notion came into play.

I'm trying not to be snippy, but uh, it's literally the next thing said in a 2 line post.

Edit: (I may in fact have a math fail here, but that wasn't the main thrust of my point in the first place)

Forar on
    Erlkönig wrote: »

I'm not wrong. I was referencing what an entire bottle would be (often 50 x 10mg).

Which is where the now bolded 100 bottle notion came into play.

You're still off by a zero if you're talking bottles. It's going to be 1000 bottles of 500mg to get to 500g.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
    *sigh*

My point was that it's likely a reporting fuckup. Unless they had horse pill sized mega doses, "they swallowed one bottle" is vastly more likely than "they tried to eat a crate of the damned things".

You're focusing on the wrong part of the point I was trying to make. I don't care if it was 100 or 1000, I'm saying it seems a lot more likely the article fucked it up than they spent an evening with hundreds of thousands of pills (or whatever) and a small shovel.

• TryCatcherTryCatcher Registered User regular
    I would like to note that I find this particular line of speculation incredibly uncomfortable.

That out of the way, Smash player ZeRo got also banned on the same wave as Hashinshin:

Rod "Slasher" Bresleau is an e-sports journalist.

edited July 2020
    I've gone down the research hole on this one, apparently no lethal overdose of melatonin has been recorded and it's considered a medical impossibility.

A few cases of overdose have been recorded, but they're pretty tame. A 2 year old ate a bottle of 5mg gummies and slept for 14 hours before waking up hungry and cranky, a woman swallowed a full bottle of pills totalling 2500mg and experienced circadian rhythm disruption and severe nightmares for several days, and an elderly woman drank most of a bottle of liquid sleep aid estimated to be 35-45 grams and experienced prolonged drowsiness combined with sleeplessness.

In terms of, "shit my kids could get into in the medicine cabinet," this is in the, "store the bottle without a lid so they go for that first," level.

So, yeah, I'm going with either A. The number is wrong, or B. "And other pills," is doing the work and the reporter doesn't know the rest or is omitting the usable details of a suicide attempt.

Hevach on
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    a
    Cambiata wrote: »
    In today's episode of the Jimquisition, he talks about how Ubisoft uses positive game coverage to get people to stop talking about their rapist and sexual assaults, and how well it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRhYT5Lgp98

It also gave me some better context for the Ubisoft problems because they weren't put in full context in this thread (I don't follow Ubisoft so I generally don't know much about them).

Jimquisition has had some really great shows about how fucking awful the industry is re:women. Hell, even the idea of treating women as equals. Even treating the fictional female leads of their multi-million dollar games as important in the marketing, that is, when they can't sexualize them

*sigh*

My point was that it's likely a reporting fuckup. Unless they had horse pill sized mega doses, "they swallowed one bottle" is vastly more likely than "they tried to eat a crate of the damned things".

You're focusing on the wrong part of the point I was trying to make. I don't care if it was 100 or 1000, I'm saying it seems a lot more likely the article fucked it up than they spent an evening with hundreds of thousands of pills (or whatever) and a small shovel.

See, I think I'm focusing on the right part: people are bad at large-ish numbers (especially when it comes to metric units of measure). That's not directed at you specifically, but mainly at the reporting of the doses in question.

edited July 2020
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ubisoft-faces-new-allegations-of-sexual-harassment-and-toxic-culture-2020-7
    Current and former staff at gaming giant Ubisoft make new allegations of sexual harassment and HR failures, warning senior staff exits won't alter 'deep-rooted, toxic' culture
    During a business trip to Montreal in 2016, Tommy François, one of the most senior creative minds at video game giant Ubisoft, told male and female colleagues sitting around the breakfast table that he had spent the entire night masturbating, two people present told Business Insider.

As everyone ate eggs and muesli from the hotel buffet, he showed coworkers a video he claimed to have watched during the night, they said.

Five current and former Ubisoft employees who have worked in the same office as François told Business Insider that he regularly judged female colleagues' looks out loud, massaged people without asking permission ("He never asked, he just did it," one woman said), and touched men's genitals in the elevator by playing a French game called "chat-bite," which would roughly translate to "dick-tag."
    A sexist culture stretches from "top to bottom," one former editorial employee who worked for Ubisoft for four years in the 2010s said.

She shared with Business Insider allegations that she was harassed by multiple men of varying seniority in Ubisoft's Paris office. One man badgered her about having sex with him on a near-daily basis, she said. She said he would sit next to her and ask where he fit into her calendar, and what room they would have sex in. "It was horrible," she said.

Another man regularly greeted her with a kiss on each cheek, she said. "La bise" is a common greeting in France — but he also ran his hand from her neck to the bottom of her back as he kissed her, she said.

She said that a third man, whom she trusted, and who still works at the company, put his hand on her leg while she was asleep on a flight. She awoke to his hand creeping up her thigh, she told Business Insider, and jumped out of her seat. That same day, she described the incident to another person who had been on the flight. That person confirmed to Business Insider they had heard the story.

The culture spread outward from François, she said, through a tight-knit "boys' club" at Ubisoft's Editorial Creative Services (ECS) team, which comprises around 25 people, and out to other editorial staff in the Paris office. Nearly all the reports of misconduct in the Paris office stem from the editorial floor, according to the sources who spoke to us.
    When the former employee entered the office, or crossed the open-plan editorial floor, male colleagues would regularly talk about "how my hair was, how I was dressed, if it was good or not, how my body was," she said. This was confirmed by another person, who said they witnessed the behavior. She was too scared to wear high heels or certain dresses — and too scared to drink at work events, she told Business Insider.

An Ubisoft HR document from 2019, distributed to employees in Canada and reviewed by Business Insider, said that the first response to sexual harassment should be to talk to the harasser, rather than to a manager or HR.

Anyone who witnesses harassment against a colleague should "discuss the matter directly with the people involved," it said. It only recommends reporting the incident to a manager, or to HR, if the harassment "persists."

There are a ton of people that really need to be fired.

Couscous on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    https://www.businessinsider.com/ubisoft-faces-new-allegations-of-sexual-harassment-and-toxic-culture-2020-7
    Current and former staff at gaming giant Ubisoft make new allegations of sexual harassment and HR failures, warning senior staff exits won't alter 'deep-rooted, toxic' culture
    During a business trip to Montreal in 2016, Tommy François, one of the most senior creative minds at video game giant Ubisoft, told male and female colleagues sitting around the breakfast table that he had spent the entire night masturbating, two people present told Business Insider.

As everyone ate eggs and muesli from the hotel buffet, he showed coworkers a video he claimed to have watched during the night, they said.

Five current and former Ubisoft employees who have worked in the same office as François told Business Insider that he regularly judged female colleagues' looks out loud, massaged people without asking permission ("He never asked, he just did it," one woman said), and touched men's genitals in the elevator by playing a French game called "chat-bite," which would roughly translate to "dick-tag."
    A sexist culture stretches from "top to bottom," one former editorial employee who worked for Ubisoft for four years in the 2010s said.

She shared with Business Insider allegations that she was harassed by multiple men of varying seniority in Ubisoft's Paris office. One man badgered her about having sex with him on a near-daily basis, she said. She said he would sit next to her and ask where he fit into her calendar, and what room they would have sex in. "It was horrible," she said.

Another man regularly greeted her with a kiss on each cheek, she said. "La bise" is a common greeting in France — but he also ran his hand from her neck to the bottom of her back as he kissed her, she said.

She said that a third man, whom she trusted, and who still works at the company, put his hand on her leg while she was asleep on a flight. She awoke to his hand creeping up her thigh, she told Business Insider, and jumped out of her seat. That same day, she described the incident to another person who had been on the flight. That person confirmed to Business Insider they had heard the story.

The culture spread outward from François, she said, through a tight-knit "boys' club" at Ubisoft's Editorial Creative Services (ECS) team, which comprises around 25 people, and out to other editorial staff in the Paris office. Nearly all the reports of misconduct in the Paris office stem from the editorial floor, according to the sources who spoke to us.
    When the former employee entered the office, or crossed the open-plan editorial floor, male colleagues would regularly talk about "how my hair was, how I was dressed, if it was good or not, how my body was," she said. This was confirmed by another person, who said they witnessed the behavior. She was too scared to wear high heels or certain dresses — and too scared to drink at work events, she told Business Insider.

There are a ton of people that really need to be fired.

1o9ejc.jpg

Really, it sounds like the culture is super ingrained. It's going to take a lot to fix it, and this may be a case where the cancer has spread too far and Ubi just, well.....see my above pic.

• IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    At this point there's the question of what portion of the company isn't horribly corrupt.

• TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2020
    Time to have Ubisoft Scorched earthed, but that's all on France to make that happen.

This company, would'nt of even existed during Nintendo's reign. They wouldn't of even meet a quarter of Nintendo's Seal of Quality standard, back in the 90's.

And they have the Gall to throw their weight around, like some established juggernaut from the old school, and treat their employees like utter garbage?

Fuck em.

Ticaldfjam on
  • CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Bragging about how much you cranked it is puzzling. Maybe he just discovered hentai or something

One current senior employee at Ubisoft's Paris HQ, who wished to remain anonymous, told Business Insider that staff are split about Yves Guillemot's sincerity. Most believe he genuinely wants change, and see Hascoet's departure as support for that. Others don't buy it. A third group thinks the recent wave of allegations are exaggerated. Many people don't know what to believe, and are awaiting evidence of organizational change, the source said.

If Guillemot is fully on board, he will need to convince other senior staff.

One current editorial vice president said in a recent Facebook post, seen by Business Insider, that he was "enraged" by the recent Liberation article containing allegations of harassment — not, apparently, by the alleged actions of his colleagues, but by the framing of the article itself. "I have a pretty good grasp of the reality and the abject manipulation of the reality to garner clicks makes me want to vomit," he wrote in a post on Facebook in French.

When contacted by Business Insider, he asked that his name not be published. He said he "might not" have known every detail about the case when he published the post, but did not express remorse at posting it.
    Really just proves how much of a huge issue the entire culture is.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    I agree, lay off everyone who works there and wind down the comp....oh wait. "Sorry you got harassed, but we're gonna fix it, and that means letting you all go."

Nosf on
  • evilmrhenryevilmrhenry Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »
    Time to have Ubisoft Scorched earthed, but that's all on France to make that happen.

This company, would'nt of even existed during Nintendo's reign. They wouldn't of even meet a quarter of Nintendo's Seal of Quality standard, back in the 90's.

And they have the Gall to throw their weight around, like some established juggernaut from the old school, and treat their employees like utter garbage?

Fuck em.

On that note:
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2020-07-22-french-union-preparing-collective-lawsuit-against-ubisoft-amid-abuse-allegations
    "France-based union Solidaires Informatique is working on a collective lawsuit against Assassin's Creed publisher Ubisoft, following claims of harassment and abuse at the company."

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    Bragging about how much you cranked it is puzzling. Maybe he just discovered hentai or something

Honestly the longer MeToo goes on the more I just find it all puzzling. You go into this expecting certain kinds of blatant horrible sexism and abuse. And instead there's so many stories that are just "Wait, why would anyone even think of doing that?".

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Honestly the longer MeToo goes on the more I just find it all puzzling. You go into this expecting certain kinds of blatant horrible sexism and abuse. And instead there's so many stories that are just "Wait, why would anyone even think of doing that?".

Lack of oversight allows one's sense of right and wrong to be like a frog in a slowly warming pot of water.

• shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    shryke wrote: »

Lack of oversight allows one's sense of right and wrong to be like a frog in a slowly warming pot of water.

Man, there's lack of oversight and then there's "masturbating into a potted plant in front of someone" and I feel fairly safe in saying most people were not expecting the latter when this all took off.

This discussion has been closed.