As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

it’s weather time, baybeeee!!!

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I don't think I've ever actually met a person named Dorian, and the only real reference I have for the name is The Portrait of Dorian Grey

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I just keep thinking of Scrubs every time I see the name

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Usually when I leave work I take my work shirt off and just wear whatever t-shirt I had underneath, because it's been so warm and the train gets real warm with a bunch of people on it

Imagine my surprise when I get off the train last night and it's fucking pouring rain!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Usually the first weekend of September is summer's last gasp in the area. We have the Popcorn Fest that weekend and I remember it being 85-90 every year when I was marching in both band with my high school and with Boy Scouts.

This weekend its suppose ot be like 68, pretty excited to get publicly drunk in nice weather instead of extreme heat

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    My wife and I came back from a toasty Seattle on Wednesday to 98f weather here in Oregon, then it rained that night. Weather be weird Yo.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I am very excited for all the phone calls im going to get from florida complaining their phone doesnt work post hurricane

So much fun

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    the cool thing about being glued to the weather channel is the commercials

https://youtu.be/g0DuE-UBAUA

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    The model has substantially shifted to the east, almost to the point where the eye won’t make landfall at all.

But this brings up the worst thing about hurricanes: the massive amount of uncertainty u til it’s basically at the door.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Water has been sold out all throughout the Bay Area because people are insane

• Options
    PiptheFair wrote: »

i bought it all

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    the cool thing about being glued to the weather channel is the commercials

https://youtu.be/g0DuE-UBAUA

My wife and I have found that Game Show Network makes surprisingly good white noise if you want something on you don't pay attention to 80% of the time. I have seen SO GODDAMN MANY old person medicine commercials.

• Options
    crwth wrote: »

i bought it all

what the heck!!!

• Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular

Are you suggesting that somewhere other than the San Francisco greater metropolitan area is called the "Bay Area"?

sig.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Turns out there are multiple bays in the US!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Somethin’ ain’t right down by the Chesapeake

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Hmmm let's see what's going on in the weather thread...

Well then.

Corn nuts.

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Tossrock wrote: »

Are you suggesting that somewhere other than the San Francisco greater metropolitan area is called the "Bay Area"?
    Everywhere I go can now be considered a Bae Area :rotate:

• Options
    StationaryStationary Registered User regular
    Yeah I work for a large grocery chain in Florida and trying to explain it's a two per customer limit on water has ended in a few near physical encounters for our grocery staff. It is one of the few times I've been glad to be in the deli.

• Options
    EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Weren't they just hit by one last year? What'd they do to piss off Poseidon?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    they elected Ron DeSantis

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    He tried their barbecue?

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Juggernut wrote: »

Well then.

Corn nuts.
    Shit I forgot to buy corn nuts!!!!!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    they elected Ron DeSantis

the carolinas elected our governor??

those motherfuckers!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Well then.

Corn nuts.

you clod

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular

Category 5 Dorian has just tied the Labor Day Hurricane of 1935 as the strongest landfalling Atlantic hurricane by wind speed.

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Well then.

Corn nuts.

What the fuck

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular

Dorian is just crawling along at 5mph now and maintaining its Category 5 status over the NW Bahamas. Freeport is basically right in the path and it's predicted to stay a Cat 5 until it makes the northward turn away from the Bahamas sometime tomorrow.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I am at the state fair and this heat fucking sucks

Moriveth on
  • Options
    JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    Weren't they just hit by one last year? What'd they do to piss off Poseidon?

We are quite shitty.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Lovely weather in New England tonight. Would have been even better but for the fear of mosquito borne diseases in SE Massachusetts. I stink of citronella and deet and wood smoke.

I need a shower.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    s6b67kqial13.jpg
    I remembered

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Hello weather thread!

Hopefully everyone in the Carolinas is doing okay. After Dorian is done with you he's apparently heading straight for me, which is fun.

First real hurricane in years, usually they're downgraded to tropical storms by the time they get here. Also the first hurricane since I became a homeowner.

hooray?

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    We should be okay? Anything outside that can blow around is either indoors or in the shed, we've got lots of food/water and a new propane tank for the grill in case we're without power for a while

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    My parents in maritimes canada are expected to be feeling a bit of Dorian tomorrow, getting like 10cm of rain and 120km/h wind gusts.

Nothing compared to it's first landfall, but still more of a hurricane which infrastructure in the maritimes is built to expect.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

Happy Hot Pollen Explosion, fellow Oklahomans!

Everything is miserable and it sucks.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Lightning/thunder storm in Seattle right now, keeps knocking out my power

• Options
    Jedoc wrote: »

Happy Hot Pollen Explosion, fellow Oklahomans!

Everything is miserable and it sucks.
    It is the goddamn worst I am taking so much nasal medicine all the time just to breathe

CYpGAPn.png