As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited July 2020
    So Tencent is doing a Cyberpunk cashin called CODE SYN. However, it does make a very strong argument for itself with bears in exosuits. And yes before you ask, cyborg war animals exist in 2077 too.

I can't come up with a good argument against a game with cyber war bears...
    If anything, bears in exo suits are the BEST argument you could make.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    But what if. . . polar bears in Mr. Freeze suits complete with freeze rays?

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    So Tencent is doing a Cyberpunk cashin called CODE SYN. However, it does make a very strong argument for itself with bears in exosuits. And yes before you ask, cyborg war animals exist in 2077 too.

It's in the constitution

The right to arm bears shall not be infringed

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    I keep feeling like this is just around the corner, not 4 months away.

camo_sig2.png
  • chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    According to yubtub, the teaser trailer went up 7 years ago. Relatively speaking, etc., etc.

• JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2020

It’s true, the last game I played that had Cyber War Bears was pretty fun

Joolander on
  • M-VickersM-Vickers Registered User regular
    Heir wrote: »

I hope they keep to this release date, but I think there’s a 50/50 chance they announce a new release date in October, to early 2021.

But I hope not, I wan5 my new console and game combo in November.

• AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    I never understood why Hawke had that blood paint thing on her face.

Aistan wrote: »

Because it’s cool !

Also optional if you were of the incorrect opinion that it was dumb.

• HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    M-Vickers wrote: »

I hope they keep to this release date, but I think there’s a 50/50 chance they announce a new release date in October, to early 2021.

Wasn't it already delayed once?

camo_sig2.png
    Aistan wrote: »

Wait, what the fuck. How did this get in this thread instead of the DA one? I must be losing it.

• LorekLorek Registered User regular

This was the second delay. Was originally going to be out in April. Got to delayed to September and now November.

Lorek wrote: »

This was the second delay. Was originally going to be out in April. Got to delayed to September and now November.

That's what worried me. When they did the Keanu reveal, the announced release date was off by 7 months. They've since removed wall running and third person cut scenes, leading me to conclude they really underestimated how close they were to finishing.

Obviously I want a perfect finished game, but I'm also desperate to play it, so I'm just crossing my fingers for this release date, but I'm also not booking any time off work just yet.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mmmm.

Getting higher skill proficiency actually effects your animations.

That's the kinda RPG stuff I love.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

That's what worried me. When they did the Keanu reveal, the announced release date was off by 7 months. They've since removed wall running and third person cut scenes, leading me to conclude they really underestimated how close they were to finishing.

Obviously I want a perfect finished game, but I'm also desperate to play it, so I'm just crossing my fingers for this release date, but I'm also not booking any time off work just yet.

They said they were content complete now, so that's something at least

steam_sig.png
    I secretly fear the game will be delayed for so long that once it comes out it'd be considered Alternate History.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    I secretly fear the game will be delayed for so long that once it comes out it'd be considered Alternate History.

It's 2020. Any dark timeline event might happen.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    lwt1973 wrote: »

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a thought provoking game that holds a mirror up to our society. Its story and characters feel torn from the headlines. 10/10 -Review Bot Omega-Epsilon"

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

In a fully-first-person game, I support the cut of 3rd person cutscenes anyway. Just less immersive to me; all this time I'm looking out of my character's eyes, and suddenly there's a camera crew? (Like, I really liked that about Anthem. No I do not want to fight about Anthem. :p )

Makes sense if you can or have to stick in 3rd person, though. Doesn't feel as jarring to me to suddenly be "outside" my usual frame of reference, since I was already staring at my own digital butt anyway.

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

"Cyberpunk 2077 is a thought provoking game that holds a mirror up to our society. Its story and characters feel torn from the headlines. 10/10 -Review Bot Omega-Epsilon"

Honestly just letting the robots take over is starting to sound more appealing by the day.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Speaking of Cyberpunk predicting the future. Something Positive had a good one today.

c7vdicp7rra6.png

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Next night city wire on Aug 10th.

Talking about life paths, weapons and SAMURAI.

I'm in a self-imposed media blackout until launch. No more reading new stuff for me.

Apart from official trailers, if we see any more.

Is it November yet ?

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    There's tons of stuff on Youtube about the map, gangs, world, weapons, and factions so if you want to go dark, now's the time.

• evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular

I'm in a self-imposed media blackout until launch. No more reading new stuff for me.

Apart from official trailers, if we see any more.

Is it November yet ?

Only 3 months to go. It's 2020 though so that's basically 3 years

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

There's tons of stuff on Youtube about the map, gangs, world, weapons, and factions so if you want to go dark, now's the time.

Yeah, every time I see one pop up, I mark it as not interested.

So far, so good.

Hearing the gun customization options has me excited.

Too many games have those options but end up being really shallow. Hopefully being an RPG will allow them to actually make them something more interesting.

That song in the weapon montage sure was....something.

• m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    The fact that most guns have some way of getting around enemies sitting in cover is really clever (and I think a nod to their "we want this to be an accessible RPG first and an FPS second" paraphrased quote from ages ago) though I wonder if enemies will have the same ability to negate cover against V. Probably only boss-like characters and the mooks just have garbage guns?

My biggest takeaway is now having a hard time deciding on tech weapons vs power weapons.

In general I liked the idea of power weapons but bouncing bullets isn't a thing I'd be interested in doing. And the tech weapons seem to be more based around just destructive force which is more of what I'm going before but design wise they haven't interested me as much. Plus they seem to have their basis in the tech stat and I don't know yet if it's viable to be focusing on 3 main stats yet.

Can't wait to learn more!

• GiantGeek2020GiantGeek2020 Registered User regular
    Why isn't it November 19th yet?

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    NVidia has a countdown to Aug 31st so we may be seeing the announcement of consumer Ampere GPU's.

Hopefully, as I'd love to upgrade to a 3070 ahead of CP2077's release.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'm really uncomfortable with how much they shown that leans into latinx as gang member.

It's the laziest trope possible, and Im worried of how much it'll be in the full game.

edited August 2020
    Kyougu wrote: »
    I'm really uncomfortable with how much they shown that leans into latinx as gang member.

It's the laziest trope possible, and Im worried of how much it'll be in the full game.

The gangs are based on the original PnP gangs. One of which is the Valentinos which is a predominately(but not entirely) Latino gang.

Some of the other gangs are also predominately other races.

DemonStacey on
    Pretty good interview here about weapons and the RPG aspects.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/10/cyberpunk-2077-legendary-weapons-guns/

Pretty good interview here about weapons and the RPG aspects.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/08/10/cyberpunk-2077-legendary-weapons-guns/
    A smart shotgun?

Heh. Now thats going to be interesting to see.

Smotgun

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    ...and yet none of those guns had a net caster, flamethrower, poison darts or ice cube system. Kinda disappointed.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Did they have a little red button on the bottom?

This discussion has been closed.