As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cyberpunk 2077, the Seizure Inducing Videogame, Released December 10

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Never skip ass day

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Jazz wrote: »
    But we've already seen third-person cutscenes. I assume they're not being dropped.

they intend for the entire game to be first person, the custcenes theyve already showed either won't happen or will be FPP, even the sex scenes

So did they just put all this effort into character customization to fuck with part of their development team? I'm going to be honest that's a major turnoff, customization and seeing your character is a huge part of the fun of RPGs for me, I dont think I've ever played one where you can't see your character except in mirrors

Dude..

you will see your character in your inventory menu, riding vehicles and in some rare cutscenes.

Sooooo....

edit: that was also a fun sequence of posts there.

Youll never see your character interacting with another character (and the idea of first person sex scenes weirds me out on an emotional, not intellectual level), I stand by what I said

I'm not sure why I'm obligated to be hyped or can't be disappointed by decisions they've made

I never suggested any of that.

I suggested that what you said was incorrect.

Because it was. And yet you stand by being wrong? That's some weird shit right there dude. And kinda the point that was being made about people overreacting. Yes you can not like it. Just like you can not like any other game that comes out. Even really awesome games aren't for everyone and then they don't play those games. And you can be disappointed and sad when you learn about something that makes you less excited for a game.

The problem is when you react to one of those things by stating something incorrect as if it is fact in an over-exaggeration of the issue and then double down and stand by that incorrect assertion. Dislike it for what it is, don't make it out to be something bigger or different than it is.

I see CDPR saying that the entire game is first person, and they aren't backing down from that - except for vehicles, mirrors, the inventory screen, and cutscenes where they do clever things like through a camera or when your eye is removed

I want to see my character interacting with the world or another person, like in both the open gameplay demo and the closed gameplay demo from E3, but from what CDPR is saying, that content will either happen differently or not at all

I don't like that

override367 on
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I was going to play entirely in first person anyways, given the choice, so this news is fine by me!

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    After Far Cry 5 I don't know if I can deal with first person cutscenes anymore. I feel traumatized.

I presume that Cyberpunk would at least give me the option of not being silent and being able to reply with NO FUCK YOU after everything the insane shirtless cult leader says to me.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Skip Ass

Never!

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Skip Ass

Never!

Eat ass?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Darmak wrote: »
    Skip Ass

Never!

Eat ass?

Never skip eating ass day.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Skip Ass

Never!

Eat ass?

Never skip eating ass day.

and here i was imagining things like “bro that is one skipass jump rope”

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I've played so many shooters that third person looks weird to me.

Who is this phantom camera operator and how much does he get paid for this?

I salute the fortitude of the npcs for ignoring him while he peeks around corners to stare them down.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    I'm more concenred about whatever is suddenly taking control of my body, and speaking through me.
    1st person cutscenes tend to not work. 3rd person ones are better because atleast they give you more context of things around you.

• Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Never skip ass day

Amazing totp

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    Talking of Deus Ex Mankind Divided.
    I remember my first playthrough, after several hours of exploration and doing side quests, i decide to go the headquarters.
    2 hours later i'm in a completely unrelated airvent when i suddenly go "oh right, the headquarters".

I really hope this game has that, just, completely not required exploration that can keep you interested in the game not for the main story, but the world itself.

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    I depopulated most of the city block before I showed up to work. I liked to think that they knew.

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    People are so hype on this game that I can’t wait fo the 309 pages of how it’s the biggest disappointment of this generation.

I'm the biggest fan of "I played this game for 300 hours then decided I hated it" takes.

I am reminded of my friend who bought Aliens: Colonial Marines, hated it like most people did, and still proceeded to 1000-point the thing (Xbox achievements). While bitching about it repeatedly.

No you don't understand, when I punch myself in the face it hurts but I have pointless points to farm so please let me tell you about how much it hurts when I punch myself in the face.

• Options
    People are so hype on this game that I can’t wait fo the 309 pages of how it’s the biggest disappointment of this generation.

I'm the biggest fan of "I played this game for 300 hours then decided I hated it" takes.

I am reminded of my friend who bought Aliens: Colonial Marines, hated it like most people did, and still proceeded to 1000-point the thing (Xbox achievements). While bitching about it repeatedly.

No you don't understand, when I punch myself in the face it hurts but I have pointless points to farm so please let me tell you about how much it hurts when I punch myself in the face.
    Yes, it's easy to be flippant when you don't have anything in line.
    I personally don't care, but i know others do, and people can end up playing games they hate for completionist purposes.
    That's what the acchievements and points are for, to make people play (and pay).
    Because it can affect their social standing, like what skin you use in Fortnite.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »

I personally don't care, but i know others do, and people can end up playing games they hate for completionist purposes.
    That's what the acchievements and points are for, to make people play (and pay).
    Because it can affect their social standing, like what skin you use in Fortnite.

These people should make better life choices.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

This is 100% true of every human who ever lived.

• Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    So, a friend of mine had a very odd idea... and he may be right, but then the title of the game itself might be a little odd.

He's suggesting that even though the game is called Cyberpunk 2077, that perhaps 2077 isn't the actual year that it takes place. The reasoning for this is that people are still talking a lot about Silverhand, Blackhand, Arasaka, and the events of the 4th corporate war. Now that's not terribly unreasonable if it hasn't been that long, but the 4th Corporate War happened around 2023-2024 or so. That means over 50 years would have passed since the events, if it's actually taking place in 2077. People would know about it, but fewer and fewer would actually remember it, and young folks like V certainly wouldn't have Silverhand or Blackhand as a childhood hero. They were born decades after they died... it would be like how people consider the Vietnam War nowadays.

So he's taking a guess that the game takes place not that far after Firestorm... like perhaps 5 or 10 years later. Which honestly opens up a whole new slew of questions, but I can see how it would make sense from that perspective.

I can’t remember the full time line but it is 2077. Cyberpunk Red is supposed to take place just before the game.

The real answer is that it’s not a real RPG setting if the sense of time and cultural touchstones’s stickiness isn’t entirely out of whack.

• Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    I'm open to the idea of the first person cut scene. Generally they look goofy, but there was something really weird (in an unsettling and good way) about that eye and hand replacement in one of the demo cut scenes. I would imagine that if they're sticking you in FPP most of the time, they're going to be reasonably creative about it (based on that).

For vehicles, I get popping you out of that. Navigating vehicles in Far Cry games is an exercise in crashing into shit and that's when your in some empty wilderness where it's you and a few trees and you manage to hit most of them. Trying that in a city would be taking FPP to a frustrating level.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

This is 100% true of every human who ever lived.

No I'm perfect. *hides collector's edition of Spore*

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Massena wrote: »
    I'm open to the idea of the first person cut scene. Generally they look goofy, but there was something really weird (in an unsettling and good way) about that eye and hand replacement in one of the demo cut scenes. I would imagine that if they're sticking you in FPP most of the time, they're going to be reasonably creative about it (based on that).

For vehicles, I get popping you out of that. Navigating vehicles in Far Cry games is an exercise in crashing into shit and that's when your in some empty wilderness where it's you and a few trees and you manage to hit most of them. Trying that in a city would be taking FPP to a frustrating level.

I'm all for a mixture of perspectives in cutscenes and using first-person where it's appropriate. We saw the visit to the cyberware doc in the first gameplay reveal, IIRC. The eye and hand replacement is ideal for that sort of thing. Go for the full-on Quake 4 stroggification sequence if necessary, that is a legend of a cutscene for a reason and it could only really work in first-person.

But doing it in all of them in this game? That's some square peg / round hole stuff.

Jazz on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Talking of Deus Ex Mankind Divided.
    I remember my first playthrough, after several hours of exploration and doing side quests, i decide to go the headquarters.
    2 hours later i'm in a completely unrelated airvent when i suddenly go "oh right, the headquarters".

I really hope this game has that, just, completely not required exploration that can keep you interested in the game not for the main story, but the world itself.

The Witcher series was always pretty on the nose with its call outs, so I hope Deus Ex gets some in Cyberpunk.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Screens from the last trailer if you just want some glimpses without actually watching all the gameplay.

https://imgur.com/a/txOnNoF#t7mjeV7

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    Fuckin'
    laser whip yeeeesssss!

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    I was incredibly confused for a moment until I realized this was not, in fact, the Warframe thread.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Skip Ass

Never!

Eat ass?

Toss salad?

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Skip Ass

Never!

Eat ass?

Toss salad?

Scramble eggs

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Skip Ass

Never!

Eat ass?

Toss salad?

Scramble eggs

They're callin' againnnn

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    The vaunted Fraiser% run.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Therapy can reduce Humanity loss and the risk of cyberpsychosis.

• Options
    "This is ripperdoc Frasier Crane saying... I'm listening."

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Fuckin'
    laser whip yeeeesssss!

I am not sure it needs to be spoilered as its been shown since their earliest releases. But not only is it that bit it is your remote hacking tool which should make netrunners really nifty.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    Fuckin'
    laser whip yeeeesssss!

I am not sure it needs to be spoilered as its been shown since their earliest releases. But not only is it that bit it is your remote hacking tool which should make netrunners really nifty.
    Don't have much interest in hacking so hopefully its good enough to use as just plain melee because it looks amazing.

Laser piano wire. The future is now!

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    I wonder if you can place the fiber wire in such a way that if anybody comes into the room while you're hacking, it just chops something off.

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Mono wire and mono blades were one of the big things I always wanted to play with in any Cyberpunk game.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Massena wrote: »

When I play a game with driving in it I always check if there's an option for FPP driving first. It helps me better see what's directly in front of me so I can avoid accidents. It also just feels cool being in the front seat of a car, especially when all the instruments and radio are accurately modeled.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    "This is ripperdoc Frasier Crane saying... I'm listening *Roz pounds on the glass and points at the copy* *Frasier sighs*...with brand new SoundSniffer HF7X implants which are 10% off all this week."

• Options
    And now I want cyber-Roz in this game.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    And now I want cyber-Roz in this game.
    She's gotta have a rambo headband and a huge cyborg eye.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    Y'all need to talk with a modder to have that put in when the PC version arrives. I'd die laughing seeing that.

This discussion has been closed.