Options

The Greaterest Debate Of All Time

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    My love for Sailor Neptune, in hindsight, was demonstrable evidence of my bisexuality as a middle schooler

you mean your cousinsexuality

Shibbie no

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    alternatively, this is the greatest debate of our time

itc3q33ku170.png

It’s not.

Babar is a fuckin monarch.

Will I be richly rewarded for saving him?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Sailor Mercury
    Killing Dumbo the racist film would be defensible.

Killing Dumbo the baby elephant over a literal king makes you a Goddamned sociopath.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

itc3q33ku170.png

It’s not.

Babar pays his debts.

Make sure you never fall into his

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter
    There's really only one right answer here
    Straightzi wrote: »
    I've never seen Sailor Moon, but I know that a good half dozen people have compared me to Tuxedo Mask so I'm gonna have to write that one in

I'm sorry to inform you that these people were being mean

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »

itc3q33ku170.png

It’s not.

Babar pays his debts.

Make sure you never fall into his

toujours fidèle

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter
    Jupiter is best, but I have a soft spot for Pluto ever since I saw her in action in a movie and learned that the name of her attack was "The Dead Scream." Unfortunately every non-movie appearance has her just standing around.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Jupiter and Mercury tied everyone else can fight over the scraps.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter
    I've never seen Sailor Moon, but I know that a good half dozen people have compared me to Tuxedo Mask so I'm gonna have to write that one in

His job here is done

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Sailor Neptune
    My love for Sailor Neptune, in hindsight, was demonstrable evidence of my bisexuality as a middle schooler

Shibbie no

they're not cousins though

and also neither of them are my cousin

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

Shibbie no

Fuck

• Options
    edited August 2019

Shibbie no

The funimation dub changed them to “cousins” because god for it lesbians exist in the 90s

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    was expecting a wasp v crab poll

I have no opinion on this.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I am more afraid of wasps but giant enemy crabs have a very deep brand

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Sailor Saturn
    Saturn is the cool one, right?

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Why aren't there sailors for all the moons

^^ questions I'm sure nobody has ever asked before in all the years this show has existed

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Due to Pluto's new status as a dwarf planet, votes for Sailor Pluto will not be counted. Thanks for your understanding. -The International Astronomical Union
    Because Sailor Io was OP as fuck.

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Sailor Venus
    Sailor Venus because Sailor Venus attacks with hearts

How cool is that

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Due to Pluto's new status as a dwarf planet, votes for Sailor Pluto will not be counted. Thanks for your understanding. -The International Astronomical Union
    Always felt it was a bit of a copout that Sailor Venus didn't attack with boiling sulfuric acid.

• Options
    Sailor Venus
    When they all died in the last epsiode I was very sad because the one anime I had watched before Sailor Moon was Attack No. 1 and people stayed dead in that show

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter

man that is a VICIOUS insult

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Huh, is Sailor Moon streaming legally anywhere

I wonder if Anya would be into it

Moriveth on
  • Options
    TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    Because Sailor Io was OP as fuck.

Fans of Sailor Mercury threw a fit when they released Sailor Ganymede

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter
    Madican wrote: »

His job here is done

context for the unaware
    zzt1HSa.png

• Options
    Sailor Jupiter
    Tuxedo mask is:

A ) A pickup artist
    B ) A pedophile
    C ) An Asshole
    D ) a terrible boyfriend
    E ) Bad at his one fucking job

He DOES throw roses as a weapon and produces spanish guitar noises when he appears, but its not good enough

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Sailor Venus
    If I remember things correctly everyone was super-super-horny for Tuxedo Mask

• Options
    Sailor Jupiter
    Platy wrote: »
    If I remember things correctly everyone was super-super-horny for Tuxedo Mask

oh the other thing is Tuxedo Mask is a beard for the girls to cover for the fact that they're all super super queer and not into dudes at all

• Options
    Tuxedo mask is:

A ) A pickup artist
    B ) A pedophile
    C ) An Asshole
    D ) a terrible boyfriend

He DOES throw roses as a weapon and produces spanish guitar noises when he appears, but its not good enough

aside from B I'm moderately sure I've dated this guy

• Options
    Tuxedo mask was the mangakas idealized man.

• Options
    Sailor Jupiter
    tynic wrote: »
    Tuxedo mask is:

A ) A pickup artist
    B ) A pedophile
    C ) An Asshole
    D ) a terrible boyfriend

was he PLAYING the spanish guitar or did it just kind of happen when he walked around corners

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular

^^ questions I'm sure nobody has ever asked before in all the years this show has existed

because no one wants to see what Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos actually look like

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Sailor Jupiter
    Jupiter because lanky teenage girls who are taller than everyone else in their class need to know that they're amazing. You're doing incredible, Sailor Jupiter! We all believe in you!

Back in high school, I bought a copy of the Sailor Moon RPG for one of my friends as a birthday present, even though she'd resisted getting involved with rpgs before that, because I though she'd enjoy all the art and character trivia in the book. She insisted that I run something though, so I grabbed a bunch of players from my regular Ars Magica and Vampire: the Masquerade groups and worked up a setting idea. It was Neo Tokyo 20 years after the TV show, the original sailor scouts had long ago gone missing to vanquish some great evil, but now shadow monsters were starting to return. A new batch of Sailor Scouts appeared based on the Western Zodiac, while at the same time a group of Knights based on the Eastern Zodiac also appeared.

Thus began the adventures of Rabbit Knight (the only female knight, conjured a huge sword of light and had mysterious ties to Sailor Moon herself), Rooster Knight (kickboxing prodigy whose older brothers were yakuza toughs), Dog Knight (aspiring cop who could make a riot shield and tonfa out of stone), Sailor Ares (Sailor Mars but redhead because the player was totally half-assing it), Sailor Gemini (super-speed ninja who left behind shadow-images of herself that exploded when touched), and Sailor Cancer (experimented on by the shadow monsters, and had a huge crab claw that she kept hidden under a trenchcoat).

In their first and only adventure, one of the shadow monsters possessed one of Rooster Knight's brothers, giving him gravity manipulation powers that he used to indiscriminately cave in people's torsos, leaving a trail of mutilated corpses for the heroes to follow. At that point I had watched all the wrong kinds of anime to know what the genre of this adventure should have actually been.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options
    Tuxedo mask is:

A ) A pickup artist
    B ) A pedophile
    C ) An Asshole
    D ) a terrible boyfriend

was he PLAYING the spanish guitar or did it just kind of happen when he walked around corners

The latter. It was more a kind of spanish guitar ambience, like it wasn't actually playing but you kept expecting it to start.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter

because no one wants to see what Sailor Phobos and Sailor Deimos actually look like

Ravens or crows actually, Rei had them as familiars due to being 1/8th monster.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Sailor Europa is full of space squids/bugs/squidbugs

• Options
    Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Startlingly few of these planetary bodies have any liquids or atmosphere on the surface to utilize the sailing profession

VRXwDW7.png
  • Options
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    Startlingly few of these planetary bodies have any liquids or atmosphere on the surface to utilize the sailing profession

Solar sailors, nerd.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sailor Mars
    Wait a minute here the MOON gets a sailer but Pluto is disqualified for being a dwarf planet? This is the most blatantly prejudiced thing I’ve seen today.

look buddy I don't make the rules, take it up with the IAU.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sailor Mars

Shibbie no

The funimation dub changed them to “cousins” because god for it lesbians exist in the 90s

That was the 90s DiC dub I think, Funimation did the more recent new dub. They didn't leave the DiC "just gals being pals" stuff, did they?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Sailor Jupiter
    Where's Sailor Sun?