Options

[Astral Chain] Anime cyberpunk action cop game where you CAN pet the dog.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Ugh, File 8 so far is my least favorite chapter so far when it comes to side cases.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    There are a few specific minigames that use tilt controls and so far (chapter 9) they're completely optional. And if you start doing them it's very easy to cancel out, because those minigames suck no matter how much that kid wants his damn ice cream.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    I was saying this in chat the other day, but I was not loving this game at all early on. Combat felt really clunky and I just wasn't really enjoying myself.
    Changing the control config to use Y to attack helped a ton. Right Trigger for attack was the worst.
    But man, once I got to...chapter 3?...and everything opened up a lot, it got SO much better. And now that I'm getting less terrible at combat, I'm enjoying it even more. It sort of snuck up on me with how much I'm digging it.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ok, I was not expecting a chapter to start with ordering me to read a bunch of backstory files.
    and then ominously password-protecting 3 of them.

Also, I have some Legion colors now. I can choose between Eva 01 or Heirophant Green.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ok one more question, is there anything to do with extra Legion abilities that you don't have use for?

Or are you just supposed to throw them away? I have a bunch I don't want already and I feel like the list is going to start getting unwieldy soon.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Ok one more question, is there anything to do with extra Legion abilities that you don't have use for?

Or are you just supposed to throw them away? I have a bunch I don't want already and I feel like the list is going to start getting unwieldy soon.

I think you just toss them. You get tons of them.

I finished the game today. It's got a pretty extensive post game to play with as well if you like the combat.

I will say that the final boss was a massive difficulty spike and required me to actually learn to perfect call properly, as did some of the post game stuff. Getting all the achievements in this game is gonna be rough, so not so sure I'm gonna do that, but It is a lot of fun.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Went back and replated levels a bit looking for collectibles and cosmetic stuff. Took a few trues but I got S+ on File 1. I kept messing up the first case, it's stupid easy when you come back and can hit bonuses like "Full Arsenal" and "Legion of Legions" and such.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Swapped to Control Type C, liking that a little more, but ho boy this game is feeling tough on Pt Standard. Hopefully it clicks soon.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I see things like faulty footwork and sloppy strikes in my scoring and somehow still get an S+?
    I'll take it.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Yeah it doesn't matter how sloppy you are, how much damage you take, etc. Speed and style are all that matter. Use all the weapons, tie multiple people up, launch them back, perfect call counters, all of that stylish good stuff.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Game doesn’t care at all if you die etc.

One of the easier games to S+ the combat stuff.
    Some of the other non combat things though...

• Options
    Think Metal Gear Rising, rather than Bayonetta.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Game doesn’t care at all if you die etc.

One of the easier games to S+ the combat stuff.
    Some of the other non combat things though...

It took me a few tries to S+ File 1 because you cannot hit any cars in the first section and I kept getting blindsided (tip: They're all on the sides, so just stay centered).

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Ummm.... I'm fighting a chimera that's all purple and I can't actually hit it? Can someone tell me what to do? I've used all my legions, dodged perfectly, all weapons, etc.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Ummm.... I'm fighting a chimera that's all purple and I can't actually hit it? Can someone tell me what to do? I've used all my legions, dodged perfectly, all weapons, etc.

The all purple guys means there is some annoying little bastard chimera you have to hunt down and disable first. Some require sword to cut the ties, some are flying and you just shoot them down, some are hidden underground so you have the dog dig them up, I imagine the last legion has an annoying purple version it has to deal with too.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    Talith wrote: »

The all purple guys means there is some annoying little bastard chimera you have to hunt down and disable first. Some require sword to cut the ties, some are flying and you just shoot them down, some are hidden underground so you have the dog dig them up, I imagine the last legion has an annoying purple version it has to deal with too.

Yep he was hovering ABOVE the area I was fighting and every time I brought up IRIS this guy would hit me and turn it off so I figured there was a gimmick I was missing. Thanks!

• Options

There's a family of chimeras that throw invincibility shields on other enemies. You'll need to use a legion to disrupt them - they like throwing them at you the level after you get a new legion, and the new legion is the one suited to dealing with them. E.g. the first one that shows up connects to an enemy with a tether that you can use the sword legion's slash mode to break (which stuns the shielding enemy, so run up and destroy them). The later ones are less obvious...
    One variety flies up in the air without a visible tether. Arrow legion, shoot it down. Really, you can just focus and spam arrows to wreck it, it'll take it a sec to fall anyways. Another burrows under the ground, and there's a visible purple antenna poking up - just run the beast legion over to dig it up.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Has anyone found the toilet in File 01?

• Options
    No, I haven't. I tried. I found the cat.

• Options
    So, for those of you wondering how annoying it will be to S+ everything:

The level select screen breaks up each of the Files into chapters, and it will tell you which case files exist in each chapter that you have completed and missed, so you can start any given File at the point you want to get a better rank.

You also DO NOT need to get an S+ on a single continuous play through of any given File. You just have to have your best rank for each red case to be S+. You can even go back to the file select page after getting the S+s that you need in any given chapter and it will save your progress. It's a way way way easier task than I thought it would be.

• Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Got this last night and started into it. I was a little perplexed by the lack of combos at the start but after unlocking the sword guy and starting to see more stuff open up this may be one of PG's weirdest but most interesting games yet. It's like Law and Order's Bizarre Adventures with you using your stand to investigate crimes and solve combat puzzles instead of just outright combing the shit out of everything.

Also jfc the Chief is channeling Gendo Ikari so hard I can see the heel turn coming from space.

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    File 1 toilet is
    right near the start of the highway, knocked over and behind a divider so it's easy to miss

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    A video guide to all the toilets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XvQBcB80yA

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ok so I really like the game.

But I would be lying if I said the costume stuff wasn't extremely disappointing.

It's both very limited and you get stuff way too rarely.

Being through half of the chapters and only having a few small accesories and a bunch of preset color combos and none of them being anything I like is kinda lame-o so far.

• Options
    I'm struggling with this one mission where you have to talk to people around Zone 09. I just want to play the game but I only have 66% progress and I've talked to everyone I can see. This shit is lame. That on top of the stealth parts are really getting on my nerves.

• Options
    edited September 2019

But I would be lying if I said the costume stuff wasn't extremely disappointing.

Being through half of the chapters and only having a few small accesories and a bunch of preset color combos and none of them being anything I like is kinda lame-o so far.

I cannot remember where I got it, but I got a slot to free-edit colors fairly early on. So I haven't been using the presets; I just made a dumb green/purple color scheme and have been going with that. And when I want a different color, I just go and edit that one.

I wish I had more Legion color palattes, but I have Eva 01 and Hierophant Green, so what I have ain't bad.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I'm struggling with this one mission where you have to talk to people around Zone 09. I just want to play the game but I only have 66% progress and I've talked to everyone I can see. This shit is lame. That on top of the stealth parts are really getting on my nerves.

Check the people outside and do at least a side quest or two as they give words.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »

I cannot remember where I got it, but I got a slot to free-edit colors fairly early on. So I haven't been using the presets; I just made a dumb green/purple color scheme and have been going with that. And when I want a different color, I just go and edit that one.

I wish I had more Legion color palattes, but I have Eva 01 and Hierophant Green, so what I have ain't bad.

Omg I cannot find where the heck that comes from and I want it so badly.

Anyone have any ideas? No idea what to even google for.

Also brings me to my one other complaint I just discovered: Replaying parts kinda sucks. Like you have to re-do so much stuff to try and get one extra red mission. So much text to skip through and some of the sections are just way too far off from the one little thing you may be looking for. Blegh. I figured with how much stuff is locked behind return visits they may have had more checkpoints throughout the levels but nah.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    You can skip a lot of dialogue stuff with start button

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    YggiDeeYggiDee The World Ends With You Shill Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I think for a free colour slot you might just have to use the HQ bathroom? Check the Orders section of the Status menu, there's all sorts of collectable shit in there.

YggiDee on
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Yeah, I've found stuff... but it's really buried in levels mainly. I think the majority is either postgame or well-hidden at this point.

That toilet in File 1 is mean since the toilet itself is out of bounds.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Ok finished chapter...6, I think? It was pretty [wild].

One thing that has been consistent with every chapter is that once the action starts, it does not stop. After you finish the HQ time and the investigation segment, I t’s a near constant push of ramping up the action and combat up until the boss fight. And I can appreciate that structure.
    also, how is it that Akira somehow comes across as a jerk despite saying 99% positive and supportive stuff to me, since becoming Raven? He’s nicer than he was before getting hospitalized, and he’s 100% right that I got arrested for my own dumb mistake, but it somehow sounds annoying.

Enlong on
  • Options

Check the people outside and do at least a side quest or two as they give words.

It turns out it was a guy who was moving around. Each time I saw him I figured I already talked to him. Go figure!

• Options
    I really, really wish I could turn off the gyro aiming.

• Options
    YggiDee wrote: »
    I think for a free colour slot you might just have to use the HQ bathroom? Check the Orders section of the Status menu, there's all sorts of collectable shit in there.

Ok yea I have that.

But I can't use it?

Can someone look at these pics and tell me if I'm blind or bugged:

Here's the item:

https://imgur.com/bMTna6h

Here's the color menu:

https://imgur.com/KdzDgjp

I can't select any of those.

• Options

Yea but they are broken into a million different dialogue scenes in a row and then if you want to do a combat area in the same section as an investigation you have to go through the investigation every time it looks like? Unless there's something I'm missing there.

• Options

Yea but they are broken into a million different dialogue scenes in a row and then if you want to do a combat area in the same section as an investigation you have to go through the investigation every time it looks like? Unless there's something I'm missing there.

Depends on the exact level. You can start levels from several places throughout them, so...

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    “A Video Guide to all the Toilets”

Has been the best part of casually flipping through the thread without context since I haven’t had time to start my game yet.

• Options
    YggiDee wrote: »

Ok yea I have that.

But I can't use it?

Can someone look at these pics and tell me if I'm blind or bugged:

Here's the item:

https://imgur.com/bMTna6h

Here's the color menu:

https://imgur.com/KdzDgjp

I can't select any of those.

For me, the extra color palette, on the locker menu, is Equipment —> equipment color, and then it’s the option 10th from the bottom of the list. And then I think you hit X to edit it for the first time. It’s not one of the ????? options.

• Options
    Oooh, I think I just realized what’s gonna happen if I get all the special Lappy items.