Options

[Astral Chain] Anime cyberpunk action cop game where you CAN pet the dog.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Blue Shield + Power Charge + Gladius is real dumb.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    You can skip a lot of dialogue stuff with start button

Yea but they are broken into a million different dialogue scenes in a row and then if you want to do a combat area in the same section as an investigation you have to go through the investigation every time it looks like? Unless there's something I'm missing there.

Depends on the exact level. You can start levels from several places throughout them, so...

Yes that is exactly what I said?

If you want to do a combat part in the same section as an investigation you have to go back through that investigation and keyword gathering to get to that specific combat part.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    YggiDee wrote: »
    I think for a free colour slot you might just have to use the HQ bathroom? Check the Orders section of the Status menu, there's all sorts of collectable shit in there.

Ok yea I have that.

But I can't use it?

Can someone look at these pics and tell me if I'm blind or bugged:

Here's the item:

https://imgur.com/bMTna6h

Here's the color menu:

https://imgur.com/KdzDgjp

I can't select any of those.

For me, the extra color palette, on the locker menu, is Equipment —> equipment color, and then it’s the option 10th from the bottom of the list. And then I think you hit X to edit it for the first time. It’s not one of the ????? options.

I will give that a try!

Thank you for the help. Being able to not use these awful color combos will be so nice.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    I just unlocked the Arms Legion, and yes, it has a Jojo style flurry punch attack. I'm leveling the hell out of this guy!

....Also I just realised this game is essentially Evangelion, but with the giant robots replaced with Stands. It's Shinji's Bizarre Adventure.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    I just unlocked the Arms Legion, and yes, it has a Jojo style flurry punch attack. I'm leveling the hell out of this guy!

....Also I just realised this game is essentially Evangelion, but with the giant robots replaced with Stands. It's Shinji's Bizarre Adventure.
    Just compare the opening cutscene to that bit in Evangelion where Unit 01 is trying to punch a wall down to get at Gendo.

• Options
    A tip:

The Hit Rush ability allows you to switch in another Legion while your current one is going berserk, and it doesn’t dismiss the first one while Hit Rush is still going.

• Options
    A tip:

The Hit Rush ability allows you to switch in another Legion while your current one is going berserk, and it doesn’t dismiss the first one while Hit Rush is still going.

...I love platinum combat mechanics. They did something like this in W101 too.

• Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    You know... The more I play this game the less I enjoy it. It could be because I am sick so the little things annoy me more. But the long stretches of not actually doing combat and even some of the combat is super frustrating to me. I keep fucking up button presses because I would assume B cancels out of the slice/aim mode but I dodge back and fall off the side all the time. I mix up R and L when trying to dismiss my legions.

Just... Ugh.

• Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    You know... The more I play this game the less I enjoy it. It could be because I am sick so the little things annoy me more. But the long stretches of not actually doing combat and even some of the combat is super frustrating to me. I keep fucking up button presses because I would assume B cancels out of the slice/aim mode but I dodge back and fall off the side all the time. I mix up R and L when trying to dismiss my legions.

Just... Ugh.

You could try different control schemes? I do that with slash myself :P.

• Options
    I'm probably 10 or so hours into this. I think changing things around might actually make things worse lol

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

Just... Ugh.

I've put like 25 hours into the game and sometimes I totally just forget what buttons I want to hit. It's just A LOT to keep in mind.

I will also note that you should get the Perfect Call and Perfect Call sync upgrades for your legions, and learn to use them. It's basically a perfect guard and it's real nice, since this game doesn't have the same type of evasion I frames that Bayonetta had.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    I'm awful at dodging and everything in this game that requires timing. It wouldn't hurt to hit up the training room and see if I can do it.

• Options
    I'm awful at dodging and everything in this game that requires timing. It wouldn't hurt to hit up the training room and see if I can do it.

When in doubt, turn the difficulty down.

• Options
    Ironically I just turned it up a few files ago. It doesn't feel necessarily harder. I actually died once and still got an S+, which is awesome.

• Options
    Yeah, the game cares a lot more about you doing cool things then it does you taking no damage.

• Options
    S+ final boss first try.

The biggest score contribution is time, so power charge should be up all the time if you can.

• Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I put auto sync on my arm legion so when I'm struggling I switch to my blaster and spam sync attacks from a safe distance with little need to worry about correct button presses while I panic.

• Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Using Hit Rush to get multiple Legions beating down a boss is pretty damn satisfying I must say.

Minor gripe, but I wish that in combat using the L ability for Sword/Bow/Ect would automatically trigger focus (Maybe as a toggleable option per legion). Would make it much easier to work those abilities into combat.

• Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Yeah, the game cares a lot more about you doing cool things then it does you taking no damage.
    While true, if you can manage to not get hit you score 5000 points. Using a variety of Legions + using a skill on those Legions, and using sync attacks + a variety of them seems to add up to a solid chunk of points. Combinations of X-Baton modes + Legions give you your sync attack variety, and at the very least the L ability of the sword and bow Legions have their own unique dodge sync attack.

The games help menu is very useful, and also managed to spoil the existence of a mechanic that I presume will be automatically unlocked (I noticed this in File 03, I just finished 08 tonight. Spoilers up to File 08 below):
    Legion Fusion. Considering what you saw happen to Akira in Ark Mall and the other details of her recovery (her chamber reminded me of the Legion production facility from the opening, Calvert making Brenda leave when she wanted another redshift scan, the color of her Legion, Legatus, and markings when her Legion is summoned strongly suggests what happened to her behind the scenes), PLUS her database entry mentioning that the twins' mother being redshifted during birth (which Jena ends up dropping on you)...yeah, it seems like an obvious super-mode option.

My nephews may end up hogging the Switch since they don't have school (hurricanes and such), so hopefully I'll get to find out more tomorrow but I've been going through the game slow. Around 25 hours in, and I've missed so many toilets.

Something useful I discovered yesterday: you can change the X-Baton mode while the switch Legion menu is open. Handy if you've been having issues with the Pro Controller's janky d-pad in the middle of combat.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    While true, if you can manage to not get hit you score 5000 points. Using a variety of Legions + using a skill on those Legions, and using sync attacks + a variety of them seems to add up to a solid chunk of points. Combinations of X-Baton modes + Legions give you your sync attack variety, and at the very least the L ability of the sword and bow Legions have their own unique dodge sync attack.

The games help menu is very useful, and also managed to spoil the existence of a mechanic that I presume will be automatically unlocked (I noticed this in File 03, I just finished 08 tonight. Spoilers up to File 08 below):
    Legion Fusion. Considering what you saw happen to Akira in Ark Mall and the other details of her recovery (her chamber reminded me of the Legion production facility from the opening, Calvert making Brenda leave when she wanted another redshift scan, the color of her Legion, Legatus, and markings when her Legion is summoned strongly suggests what happened to her behind the scenes), PLUS her database entry mentioning that the twins' mother being redshifted during birth (which Jena ends up dropping on you)...yeah, it seems like an obvious super-mode option.

My nephews may end up hogging the Switch since they don't have school (hurricanes and such), so hopefully I'll get to find out more tomorrow but I've been going through the game slow. Around 25 hours in, and I've missed so many toilets.

Something useful I discovered yesterday: you can change the X-Baton mode while the switch Legion menu is open. Handy if you've been having issues with the Pro Controller's janky d-pad in the middle of combat.

Yea, when flyers spawn i swap both at the same time that way and mentally prepare to be mad till they die.

I'm also very curious what people are going to think of the final boss.

• Options
    The final boss fight gets better as you get further in, imo.

Also, I really hope you know how to block things by that point (you only have three or four options for totally stopping shit so...).

Another tip: Wearing the Arm(or) legion gives you constant super armor. You can't be interrupted by anything really... but you're going to be eating damage. Still, it's a good way to break stuff fast. Plus, it has a giant laser barrage sync attack.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    The final boss fight gets better as you get further in, imo.

Also, I really hope you know how to block things by that point (you only have three or four options for totally stopping shit so...).

Another tip: Wearing the Arm(or) legion gives you constant super armor. You can't be interrupted by anything really... but you're going to be eating damage. Still, it's a good way to break stuff fast. Plus, it has a giant laser barrage sync attack.
    oh he's a massive difficulty spike. I learned to perfect call properly on him because otherwise we weren't getting very far. I was watching a friend fight him today, and he isn't super good at the game, and was getting nowhere at all because he couldn't call or dodge well or sync well. It's just that the game wasn't too bad until literally the last fight. It's kinda a bizarre spike

• Options
    Just finished chapter 9, and boy that’s a shift.

So, at the moment, I’m just using Axe legion as a buffer, with power charge and blue shield. and then I go ham with the other 4.

• Options
    TelMarineTelMarine Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    The boss for the end of File 04
    It seems like they were encouraging you to use the Arm legion, but I just used my existing Sword and Arrow legion's to kill it

TelMarine on
    3ds: 4983-4935-4575
  • Options
    That kid got one scoop and liked it.

Also I have to laugh at the achievement for eating the biggest stack without dropping it. Maybe I missed something, but you can just buy it and immediately hit the eat button to finish that one.

• Options
    Chapter 9 question, though I imagine the answer is a massive spoiler, so don’t tell me if it’s past chapter 10.
    did nobody, like, notice that during that whole segment, everyone had a red digital haze surrounding them? It was a striking and obvious change to the world that nobody seemed to see. Makes me question what they’re all seeing.

• Options
    Chapter 9 question, though I imagine the answer is a massive spoiler, so don’t tell me if it’s past chapter 10.
    did nobody, like, notice that during that whole segment, everyone had a red digital haze surrounding them? It was a striking and obvious change to the world that nobody seemed to see. Makes me question what they’re all seeing.
    I think it's just a general "shit is getting out of control" thing after how bad stuff got in previous chapters.

It wasn't directly mentioned by anyone that I saw, but could be an optional conversation I missed.

• Options
    I noticed that as well. I think it's an indication that the Astral Plane is getting closer, and is supposed to be reflected in the amount of red shift and portals opening.

• Options
    Oh my god, something I just noticed upon beating chapter 9 and seeing the cutscenes that follow.
    When you start the game up, you begin play by not by hitting Start, but by hitting ZL and ZR at the same time.

Those are the attack buttons for the human and the legion. The game may have been hinting at the whole fusion thing since the title screen.

• Options
    Oh my god, something I just noticed upon beating chapter 9 and seeing the cutscenes that follow.
    When you start the game up, you begin play by not by hitting Start, but by hitting ZL and ZR at the same time.

Those are the attack buttons for the human and the legion. The game may have been hinting at the whole fusion thing since the title screen.
    Nah, that's just a Nintendo thing. Splatoon 2 does that too.

• Options
    I think my favorite line in the game is from File 10
    Yoseph: Pawns go back in the box when they're captured

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    How exactly do Skill Slots work? Unlocked two extra for the Sword Legion, and when I go to assign em he still only has the default two available?

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Skill slots are for the equippable items

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    How exactly do Skill Slots work? Unlocked two extra for the Sword Legion, and when I go to assign em he still only has the default two available?

I found the skill menu to be super confusing in how it is designed. I haven't been back in it yet since unlocking, but I had a hell of a time figuring out if something was actually equipped or not.

vamen on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    Kizmitt wrote: »
    Skill slots are for the equippable items
    This. You may have noticed the ability items that drop? You can equip them, and they take 1-3 (the highest I've found yet is 3) slots. One of the first ones I found has stayed on my sword Legion increases drop rate by 3%, but also has a sub-ability that prevents stun. I know there is an equip-able parry, and while I almost never let my energy run out I found a Self-Destruct 900% in File 04.

Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • Options
    The S+ threshold on this postgame stuff is incredibly generous (R1-series all S+ now).

Although a maxed out X-Baton leads to utterly ludicrous damage when you go Gladius+Axe sync attacks. It feels very good to just tear off half a boss health bar in one combo.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    So, I fought a certain side boss in Chapter 10.
    It was a nine-tailed fox who was formed when a bunch of separated foxes ran together and merged into one. Now, I know that because of its basis in existing mytholoy, it's hard to say for sure if something's an explicit reference to the game Okami, but that's noticeably similar to how the fight with Nine Tails goes in that game. And that was a Clover joint...

Also, I finished Chapter 10. Holy shit.

Enlong on
  • Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    Just picked up this game, and heading towards the end of act 2.

So far my conclusion is... i suck at it badly. I did admittedly pop the difficulty up to PT Standard, but ooof. I'm assuming the game will click thereto more as i play through it, and get more abilites handed to me properly?

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    As someone who plays pretty much every Platinum game and character action game that comes out, this game game is definitely one of the most challenging games to be "good" at that I've played in a very long time. And I'm not like, dying or anything. I haven't gotten a game over yet, though 5 files in I came close once.

It's more that this game doesn't really play like any other action game that I've played before. The weirdest thing to get used to is definitely the dodge. It's probably the worst dodge of any platinum game I've played, you actually have to dodge away from enemies as multiple attacks can catch you on recovery. You CAN sideways or towards attacks, but you actually have to learn enemy attack patterns to know if that will be safe or not.

It really feels like you're just playing some normal shmuck whose big advantage is that he's a goddamn stand user.

And yeah things definitely start feeling better once you start getting more legions and unlocking their abilities. Combat becomes constantly switching through them and doing cool shit. Right now my biggest problem is focusing too hard on trying to do cool stuff and getting smacked 5 times in a row because I'm not paying attention.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg