As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    So yeah Titan does not hit very hard compared to odin. But he doesn’t have a sword or armor. The start of the fight is a bit tight on healing tyro died a bit after casting usb 3 and usb 4 and entrusting two bars to aerith. I kept going until the first wall which i hit with fabulous mage. Once you have an wind up seem to do decent damage.

This is what I’m trying

z4volz47r2vs.png

Not sure if Penelope would be better with her AASB now that Salsa is out.

Managed to get ZIDANE alone to second wall but he was doing awful damage even under usb 2 and AASB and chain and wind aura. Well not breaking cap or even capping.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Freya USB 1/11 today, the better one with enwind.

The game really wants me to use her it seems, I'm up to 2 usb's/ssb/lmr now off random draws alone.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Fang with both of her USBs running is really strong now because 6* Hurricane Bolt counts as a jump attack.

E: Wait, her USB2 grants no hang time, right? So she'd be a monster then with instant no hang time jumps.

silence1186 on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Cat girl medica II unique on the daily draw. An auspicious start?

Celes AOSB and Seymour USB on the Black Friday

Realm ticket:
    2 discos!

An unfamiliar book! And elarra g+ dupe.
    And book is tyro usb3 dupe. Next time AASB, next time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Black Friday.... Penelo BSB dupe. Hmm. Daily hit... a 1 star relic... oh boy. Realm Draw. Dupe Elarra USB1 (my third one... sigh), Tyro BSB, Mog LMR... oh a new book.

Black Friday redeemed. Elarra USB2! So awesome. How does this interact with Tyros AASB? Do I have to wait for his boost then do Elarra? And how many turns is the QC on this one vs USB1?

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Fang with both of her USBs running is really strong now because 6* Hurricane Bolt counts as a jump attack.

E: Wait, her USB2 grants no hang time, right? So she'd be a monster then with instant no hang time jumps.

Fang or Freya? The Freya usb's I have are enwind+fastcast jumps and no airtime for 3 turns+full crush.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »

Fang or Freya? The Freya usb's I have are enwind+fastcast jumps and no airtime for 3 turns+full crush.

Oh Fang. Huh, got the Wind dragoon ladies mixed up.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Friday ticket got me Auron’s Arcane. Arron is one of those weird cases where I have quite a few things for a character, but haven’t used them much in a while. I have his Enfire Burst, OSB, and Arcane, so you’d think I’d use him more. Maybe it’s time to try.

Realm ticket was spent on Core. Got 5 with no discos, which is a bad sign in Core, LOL.
    2 Dr Mog LMR Dupes, 1 Elarra BSB dupe, and 2 Tyro Glints, which are new.
    I will freely admit that Tyro’s Glint is a good one to have. It’s a 2000 heal and Esuna to the party. In the specific case of, say, Odin, it’s a nice thing to have around, though I do question how good it is in comparison to his Astra USB (the USB costs more, but it also reapplies Haste and gives Tyro 2 instant turns in which to Wrath). Might certainly give this a try at some point. Heck, the cost and speed may be better in general use than Healing Grimoire.
    All that said, I REALLY wish I’d got one of the crit USBs, or ANYTHING FOR BIGGS OR WEDGS, considering Ullr is still there to fight.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Yesterday's ticket - Kefka Glint
    Today's ticket - Lightning Glint (dupe), Cloud OSB! Not super useful yet, but that could change once the OSB SB gauge is adjusted.

Realm/Elemental Ticket (Core) - Elarra BSB, Elarra Glint! Sweet, I was actually debating using lenses on Elarra's BSB while fighting the Core Dreams fight, just for the last stand.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Another strago chain.

Didn’t see that coming

Edit: and then I dailied my 3rd red chain. Once I get a chain I always dupe them so many times.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Black Friday: 2/10 with a disco
    Hope BSB
    Dupe Bartz OSB

Core draw: 2/11 both discoes
    Dupe Elarra USB2
    Dupe Tyro USB3

Disappointing, but I was due for one of those :p

• Options
    I think elarra is better than aerith for this fight.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    I just realized that my Cloud has 569 ATK, without equipment, and he's not even complete. Vaan, by comparison, is sitting in the low 300s. :?

• Options
    Got to Phase 3 Titan but then was utterly unable to do anything to him. Ran out of all hones on everyone. Feels impossible.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Got to Phase 3 Titan but then was utterly unable to do anything to him. Ran out of all hones on everyone. Feels impossible.

One place to look for options might be the OSB change coming next week. Dropping huge cheap hits can be potent if you have something to speed up casts.

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Black Friday part 5 another double disco, zero dupes
    Ramza AOSB
    Garnet USB1

Despite being on gen 2 CSB holders, both weirdly kind of pointless.

Realm ticket straight to core, still hunting for Elarra AASB/G+... also double disco...
    Tyro OSB x2
    Thanks.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Black Friday, 2/11: Palom USB dupe, Rapha USB dupe.

Two lightning relics, that has to be a sign right? Ok, ticket to III, c'mon Desch chain......Aria LMR dupe, Ingus LMR, Aria BSB

Oh well, easy come, easy go.

• Options
    ff7007 wrote: »
    38thDoe wrote: »

One place to look for options might be the OSB change coming next week. Dropping huge cheap hits can be potent if you have something to speed up casts.

It can’t hurt. I saw a clear with this team and I have better Magia so I should be able to clear with them but it’s obnoxious. They should give some rewards for a partial clear. Few arcana or something at least so it doesn’t feel like such a waste of time.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Only got two left so I did my V draw, too

Krile enFire LMR/11

Could be worse, but eh

• Options
    Black Friday.... Penelo BSB dupe. Hmm. Daily hit... a 1 star relic... oh boy. Realm Draw. Dupe Elarra USB1 (my third one... sigh), Tyro BSB, Mog LMR... oh a new book.

Black Friday redeemed. Elarra USB2! So awesome. How does this interact with Tyros AASB? Do I have to wait for his boost then do Elarra? And how many turns is the QC on this one vs USB1?

I'm wondering if I should use more tickets on Core Realm tho. The only thing I would like that isn't lenseable is Elarra's AASB. Not sure at this point if it's better to spend the tickets on other realms....

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Got dreams to one pixel.

So close.

E: and down, with seifer and sephiroth as my ringers.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I have a fairly stacked Core team, so I just went in there and did it. Tyro got the finishing attack with his AOSB. I would think most folks could just do Tyro, Ellara, and whatever coherent chain+Imperil team and be fine.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    I have a fairly stacked Core team, so I just went in there and did it. Tyro got the finishing attack with his AOSB. I would think most folks could just do Tyro, Ellara, and whatever coherent chain+Imperil team and be fine.

I did it with Tyro, Elarra, and Wedge with literally nothing.

My only non-tyro/elarra relic in the realm (aside from the free chain) is an enEarth LMR for Biggs. It's part of the reason I'm fine chucking tickets at Core.

• Options
    Did my last realm draw.

Dupe Sarah USB/11

• Options
    3/10, two discoes
    Dupe Terra LMR
    Krile OSB
    Kefka USB (chase, also bio)

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    1/10 Garland USB dupe.

Whatever. Got Prompto CSB on day 4. Anything more is gravy.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ASHE AOSB
    Snow USB (not the radiant shield one though)

eh? It doesn't help with Titan so meh.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    1/10 - Balthier USB1. Ok, sure.

• Options
    Running tally
    13 discoes, 5 dupes
    3 non-disco, 2 dupe

16/60

I was hoping to average a disco a day, so...damn. No awakenings or chains, but sorry to suck up all the luck.

• Options
    Waiting for the end of The Boys are Back tonight, then that's all done.

Finished off Core Dreams with Tyro usb4/elarra usb1/wedge glint/zack chain+bsb/cloud keeper

It was still tricky. Ullr was throwing out 7k hits like they were nothing. Got real nervous at the end when it was time for him to chain back to back interrupts, because it hit for >50% of my team's HP. Squeaked a kill in under the wire.

Ozma is just ridiculous this time. You can't skip the PHY/MAG immunity? Not at all sure what to do. And MP basically non-functional at this point, so I have to figure out a solo clear.

• Options
    I really wish FFRK would add visible HP bar thresholds. If I could plan out Titan's walls I would be doing much better. As it is I just randomly lose tens of thousands of damage on each wall.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    For the easier Ozma, go with a dark team, and have your hitters wield one magic darkness ability and one physical darkness ability, easy peasy.

Good luck with the super version of the fight, though.

• Options
    Yeah, the easier one was just a matter of "get a team which has both physical and magical DPS, stick to the same element." I ended up in a holy team.

Tried the harder one a couple times and woof.

• Options
    Today's Black Friday draw - 2/11, one disco. Beatrix OSB (5th dupe...), Leon Glint. Eh, it was free.

• Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    realm relic discount draws have been sucking away all my mithril
    and its cuz got 5 awakenings so far wtf, I don't think I've ever rolled this well. I guess the game is prodding me to go finish 5* magicites

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Speaking of, I literally rolled a die to choose Tactics for my next discount draw. Got Alma’s BSB, a dupe of Agrias’s BSB, and Agrias’s USB.
    Agrias’s USB is basically her old Cleansing Blade juiced up to 11. Hits a bunch, reduces ATK/MAG, and gives her Enholy and a Knight damage boost. Could be neat, though I sort of wish I’d got the one that does Imperil.
    Alma is also neat. The Burst gives the party Magic Blink. Is it just me, or is Magic Blink harder to easily apply than most other buffs?

• Options
    No physical blink is the rarest effect I think.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Hm. Maybe my mind is skewed because I have more ways to instantly apply Blink, then.

• Options
    Alma BSB was enough to get me through that torment, although the cast time is rough when you're used to instant Medica

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Lol OK this was a bit unexpected. It's Squall's Fire USB. Pretty happy with this one since that means the only USB I'm missing for him is the crappy Ice one.

lionheart_m on