As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Wow. The "end of magicite" draws Japan is getting are fucking nuts. We already knew they were getting 35 ticket draws, but I think most of us assumed they would be for a generic pool of everything, or the standard elemental/realm draws, which are a bit behind the times (even their updated ones) and still have relatively low odds of AASBs or synchros.

It's neither of those. Its 35 draws on a special set of magicite banners, one for each elemental, each one headlined by a synchro, gen 2 CSB, and four AASBs.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/e9rnm7/magicite_support_pick_up_jp_megathread_fest/

They're handing out relics like candy. Really wonder what the end game here is.

E: Oh, maybe it's not a usual x11 ticket? Still, it's have to be like, x1 draw with no guaranteed anything for it to not be pretty nuts.

AAAAAAaand it turns out that these tickets are x1, nothing guaranteed. So it's actually not all that generous at all. I mean 35 draws isn't nothing, either.

E:
    The no enElement buff against 6* magicite is also pretty light, and appears to be based on what the enElement damage gain is, so that characters without enElement (level 1) now do half the damage that characters with it do. An increase on most from doing 0.33 base damage to doing 0.58 base damage.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    nothing guaranteed? put me down for 35 silvers.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Well got Ullr Dreams to 70% and that seems to be all that's possible. Just don't have time to last stand with elarra between all the mandatory USB1ing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Man...Water Dark Odin is a B. If I go slow, the enrages get out of control and I cant keep up the healing. If I go fast, I can't set up my defenses and get killed by Savage Flare. Urgh, I'm seriously thinking about waiting for Power Creep to get me through this. Maybe Elarra AASB? Or another Water AASB to pair up with Bartz.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    You cannot let him get rages. At all. Just blow mage charges if you have to. You cannot keep up if he starts stacking rage because that puts him closer to his next rage.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Ugh...maybe if I pick up Tidus's OSB and use his extra bars to keep those rages under control?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Ugh...maybe if I pick up Tidus's OSB and use his extra bars to keep those rages under control?

Absolutely.

Having some random OSBs helps with Odin just generally too, as they are really good DPS in that final phase after he gives you a lot of meter with Savage Elemental Drive.

Particularly now that OSBs are so cheap.

• Options
    I mean I've got a bunch of Lenses that I'm Megalixiring. Might as well try them before blowing my cash on a SB that I'm gonna use only for one fight. Ok two.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Well got Ullr Dreams to 70% and that seems to be all that's possible. Just don't have time to last stand with elarra between all the mandatory USB1ing.

Remember that Dreams are less restrictive than Torments, so feel free to toss a real DPS or a second healer in there.

• Options
    Good point. If you have someone with a good Wind or Earth chain, they could juice up Dr Mog and one of Biggs or Wedge, and hopefully also do good damage.

I was able to get a clear with dr Mog’s chain and just an LMR on Biggs and Wedge, but it was a close thing.

• Options
    And XI Dreams done! It was pretty straightforward. I only swapped Elarra for Aphmau in the last one.

• Options
    And XI Dreams done! It was pretty straightforward. I only swapped Elarra for Aphmau in the last one.

I obliterated it with a full realm team. Titan makes these things stupid, but I also have a lot more off-healing than I thought between Toto's trance, Curilla's USB2, and Zeid's USB giving two chances to full heal himself every attack... or if neither procs, leave him at 1 HP.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I used tyro elarra and dr mogs corpse with 2 aasb users for the core dreams. Was pretty straightforward.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I mean after that Core Dreams boss I was prepared for annoying mechanics once more. Pleasantly surprised.

• Options
    Dream Skyfall Strike into Dream Skyfall Strike is fun.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    “Hey, stop playing the game, kthnx”

• Options
    Woo got him. Now I just need to get a titan and 34 fest runs done at a birthday party. EASY

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Had so much trouble with Elemental Proving Grounds: Earth, but finally figured it out and got to 2 million.

Definitely need to think about these differently than normal. Gotta stack those imperils.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Titan get!

By the skin of my fucking teeth!

Like seriously, I don't know how the last turn didn't trigger. My time was 1:16.72.

Answer was staring me in the face - Zack chain is only better if you're putting everything through Cloud (read: AOSB/AASB). Otherwise, if you're trying to do two DPS, without having a critfix on your second person, Zack chain is a good bit worse than Faris. So I Lens'd Faris's USB2 and took her instead - Zidane suddenly became useful in phase 3!

I had a couple bits of bad luck (USB2 expired right as a wall came up, causing all the chests to hit the wall instead of Titan, Zidane AASB expired RIGHT before what would have been the last hit so he just did 5x9999 instead of 10x19999), and my chain expired right at the end, but one last OSB and one last Cloud USB1 cast was enough to see me through. Whew. At least I know it only theoretically gets easier from here, with Titan as a summon.

Now to get it a couple more times and start poking at Ramuh, because from conversations earlier here, I might have what's needed for THAT one, too. Leviathan is probably going to be a non-starter, though.

• Options
    In other news, auto-running quetz in sub-30 has given me a much larger stockpile of arcana than I thought. 3874 lesser, 6592 regular, 2221 greater, and 1290 major!

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    XII draw, 2/3 (discos): Vaan USB1 dupe, Larsa AASB.

.......unbelievable.

• Options
    Vayne Arcane
    +Dark heavy armor that boosts ATK and MAG and I have his good USB, so sure

• Options
    Guess who wasted 25+ fest tickets?

Eh. Too much of a chore.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    The good news is I spent all my tickets. The bad news is I didn't have time to farm some magicite first, so the experience was wasted.

The other bad news is I got yet another dupe 6* out of the parade draw. My fourth of six. Not a good start to the proceedings.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Decided there were just enough things in XII to try, basically hoping for a missing Ashe USB/glint or Vayne AASB.

1/3, Vaan's comically shitty LMR. Not as bad as Fran meme LMR, but still useless.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Oh! This is a new one. Balthier's Realm Chain! I might actually attempt this Torment. Lesse...Vaan's USB, Vayne's BUSB, Ashe's BSB+AOSB...yeah I can make it work. Who's the better healer? Penelo or Larsa? I might have to Lens a real healer for this one.

• Options
    Oh! This is a new one. Balthier's Realm Chain! I might actually attempt this Torment. Lesse...Vaan's USB, Vayne's BUSB, Ashe's BSB+AOSB...yeah I can make it work. Who's the better healer? Penelo or Larsa? I might have to Lens a real healer for this one.

Your disappointment will be amusing. The XII Torment is brutal.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Alright, famfrit is all finished up time to figure out how to build a team to fight geosgano.
    mfshpqezsa6a.png

Well, that was easy. Previously my other option was Palom with his BSB. This LoTR is nuts about getting me good stuff for things I am about to do!

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

You might not want a healer, since you have the realm chain you get to bring three big party heals as your RW. Maybe have Fran full break and then DPS with shooter abilities

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

You might not want a healer, since you have the realm chain you get to bring three big party heals as your RW. Maybe have Fran full break and then DPS with shooter abilities

Counterpoint - with Passionate Salsa now available, there's a real good argument for keeping Penelo on the team as long as she has anything BSB-level or higher.

Drew on the Earth banner because I'm starting out with one dupe (Tifa AASB) and I could use some help in the physical chain/magical AASB departments:

1/11, disco - Machina G+. Useful, since I've got his OSB/SSB.
    2/11, one disco - Red XIII LMR (trance), Machina CSB! Got one of the two grand prizes, and a perfect stopping point. Bartz AASB loses a spot on the physical earth team, but this more than makes up for it!

• Options
    5 tries later, I still only have one Titan :p

• Options
    Guess who wasted 25+ fest tickets?

Eh. Too much of a chore.

Yeah, I wasted a fair chunk as well. I probably could’ve done it if I hadn’t taken a nap today, but I’m not going to literally lose sleep over this game.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm up to three Titans and I just died while having two separate attacks getting cast, either one of which would have killed it. Argh.

E: same situation three times in a row. I'm done for now, ugh.

E2:ajdufjrosjxhfjdjsjakdhtjdj

Jragghen on
  • Options
    So in what is in NO WAY related to my previous post, what's recommended to inherit on 6*?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    So in what is in NO WAY related to my previous post, what's recommended to inherit on 6*?

So jealous!

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options

So jealous!

I was basically bored out of my mind while at the hospital with my MIL was undergoing dialysis. Whatever you were doing was more interesting.

• Options
    ff7007ff7007 Pittsburgh, PARegistered User regular
    I did double empower on mine, but I’d be tempted by a defensive one given that I slot it in now as a default for teams (even without the element focus).

PSN: Rauhy FFRK: 9YYP Steam: Rauhy Battle.net: Rauhy#1977
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

I like HP boon + heal boon, makes a nice general use thing (I've been leaning on heal boon + MND boon, and Titan's All Boon is a better version of that). Other good choices include double empower Earth, blade ward + spell ward, or something like HP boon + dampen lightning.

Depends whether you can see yourself making a second one any time soon. If no, go for one of the more general ones.

• Options
    So yesterday I got Vaan’s Bubsy. It’s one of those Crush-type ones, where the brave attack does multiple non-Overstrike hits and reduces stats. It also triggers instantly and reduces Thief ability cast time. It’s neat, though I figure it won’t figure into a Titan or Wind-weak Odin team, as Vaan appears to lack any means of getting Enwind, at least via the Papaya Shop. Might be good for further attempts to bully Heck, or attempts at XII torment or dream fights.

• Options
    Yeah Vaan AASB doesn’t give enwind either.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀