As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    My strongest personal boost for her is her BSB.

But I do have her Chian.

But I also have Garnet's Chain.

It's a mixed bag.

I could always get her Doublecast USB off of the Papaya Lab, but I want to save my level 3s for big things that I need.

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Shantotes USB dupe. Odds of hitting a dupe were high but I did it anyway. More anima lens at least.

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    XII: Gabranth BSB. Not too useful, but not a dupe and it's +10 ATK for someone I already have lots of stuff for.
    XI: Aphmau BSB (dupe). Bleh.

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Skipping this one for now. Shantotto csb would probably be of less use than Reno, probably, because he can use machinist, so there's basically one relic on the banner which would be of interest.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    I'm not sure. I need someone to do the math here because there are so many quickast sources in my magicite clear between her CSB's, Elarra, Allegro con Motto and her witch abilities I'm pretty sure I'm capping somewhere. Reno does bring an imperil but Shantotto hits so HARD! I'm not sure Reno can displace her.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    edited September 2019
    Jragghen wrote: »
    Skipping this one for now. Shantotto csb would probably be of less use than Reno, probably, because he can use machinist, so there's basically one relic on the banner which would be of interest.

I feel like Shantotto would be better than Reno if you're running a magic team specifically. Just because she does an initial 11 hit for the chain start.

That said, bird in the hand and all that.

Enlong on
    Got Rem’s LMR on the daily draw, boosted MND based on the number of White Magic abilities used. This would actually be very nice in my Holy magic team; Raines boosts his own MAG, and Minwu boosts his own MND, so Porom’s MAG/MND buff was always a little redundant. Swapping in Rem does well vs Ark... right up until Savage Doomsday wipes the party because I don’t have Porom’s USB. But for general use, this is a nice get.

Oh! A preview of the new character specific abilities from GameFAQs:

Onion Knight (Grand Onion Magic): 5 single-target Wind/Water/Fire/Earth magic attacks

Rydia (Summoners’ Band): 4 AOE Water/Earth/Holy summon magic attacks

Locke (Mirage Raid): 4 single-target Fire physical attacks, ATK & DEF -50%, ATK & DEF +50% to user

Rikku (Al Bhed Steal): 4 single-target Water physical attacks, ATK & DEF -50%, ATK & DEF +50% to user

Noctis (Shift Flame): 3 single-target Fire physical attacks, Instant Cast 1 to user

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    Fire alone, eh? I’d have expected fire, Earth, and lightning, considering.

Enlong wrote: »
    Fire alone, eh? I’d have expected fire, Earth, and lightning, considering.

I mean probably so he can work with Best Bro Ignis? I don't know. Or Cor I guess? Or probably so he can use his Samurai Skills? I don't know Noctis (true to his story) is a mess.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Thief abilities seem weaker than full heal plus hits.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2019
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Thief abilities seem weaker than full heal plus hits.

True, but you can only give Locke one copy of Fire Raid or whatever it’s called.

This move is basically a Fire-element variant of Mug Bloodlust. The use case would be to use it at the start of the battle (or just after using his Chain, if you’re going that route) in order to buff him up, then spam the Raid.

I tend to give him Mug Bloodlust anyway, so this is a straight upgrade.

Enlong on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    50% ATK to yourself ain't nothing. Also, even though most enemies are highly break resistant, -50% DEF has some value.

Extra hit and self heal is better as your main DPS ability, but the new things seem fine for the other slot. Or if you have to run multiple thieves. I hate life when I have to run three spellblades or machinists in the same party.

Fry on
    Good news - my daily draw was Zidane AASB!

Weird news - it's a dupe, as I originally got his AASB from a daily draw as well!

Crazy news - it's my second daily draw dupe.

Zidane now has a 8* wind sword, his AASB, and his AOSB, all from daily draws. :?

Jragghen wrote: »
    I'm not jealous, I swear <_<

you and me both

Dupe Wakka LMR.

Water chain continues to elude.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Haven’t hit on daily since August.

Tidus bsb dupe.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Yuna Arcane, sure ok.

JP just got mote exchange!

10x 3* -> 4*
    50x 4* -> 5*
    50x 3* -> 4* arcana
    50x 4* -> 5* arcana
    25x 3* -> 5* egg
    5* dark matter -> 5* arcana/Rosetta Stone

Cap of 10/week except for the last two.

This means rainbow crystals are farmable now.

Greens -> dark matter -> Rosetta -> rainbow crystals

X: Lulu AOSB, neat! I've already got her USB2 and one of her LMRs so that's a pretty good get.

Darklyre wrote: »
    X: Lulu AOSB, neat! I've already got her USB2 and one of her LMRs so that's a pretty good get.

It's also multi-element, I think? It's the only thing I've got for her, so not super useful for me, but in your case probably a good bit moreso.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    The same exact relics on xi and x as on the last lotr, blegh.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Maytag wrote: »

wot really? no chance at Tidus AASB?

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Maytag wrote: »

wot really? no chance at Tidus AASB?

No, I mean I got exactly the same relics as last time. The pool has definitely expanded though.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    FF2-2 100 gems: 1* Anima lens, natch.

Daily hit! Penelo unique? 3 holy magic hits, and party +RES? Uh, sure...?

Data for posterity:
    19 misses in a row

45/438 lifetime

7/88 current batch

5/95 3rd batch (5/95 is -9 under EV, which is catastrophically bad, but it's just a game!)

14/95 2nd batch (about on EV for this batch.)

9/65 1st batch (0.1 items below EV, which is pretty much exactly expected return, though quite a few duds even on my hits)

Note to self: No whining, Rikku USB, never forget. Also Cloud BSB2, Mustadio USB, Water Chain (dupe), Seymour Chain, Basch USB, Nine USB, Sephiroth USB, Pecil USB1, Sice USB (twice!), Curilla USB (dupe), Celes USB2, Strago USB, Firion bUSB, Rude USB.

Oh...well...it's new I guess. Tidus CSB get.

Daily Hit: Vincent Unique Dupe. Thought it was new until I went to equip it. Wish relics would say if they were mastered on that screen.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2019
    Grrr...I know I have the team that can clear FFVI Torment but I'm having trouble getting Edgar to cap. I'm almost tempted to buy another Fire Artifact to boost his damage. And maybe bring Reraise to combat Mog's Doom status...

Is there a good Entruster in FFVI? Edit: Current Setup

Relm Curada | Haste | USB
    Terra Chain Firaja | Valimarganda | AOSB + BSB (is 2 the EnFire one?)
    Mog Crushing Tango | Enfeebling Jitterbug | USB1 (I have his USB2 too!)
    Locke Flash Disaster | Fire Assault | AOSB + USB1
    Edgar Burnt Offering | Burning Snipe | USB

I'm running Unicorn as my main magicite but I wonder, should I just go full Lightning Res accessories?

lionheart_m on
    I think main damage type varies by slot? Been awhile since I made an attempt here. Is that the 5* offering or the 6*?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

6*

If you don't need the healing Lakshimi would be a straight upgrade.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

edited September 2019
    Plus, she’s on-realm.

Well, so is Unicorn, but Unicorn doesn’t do damage to contribute to realm chain.

Enlong on
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    Gysahl Greens shop refreshes tomorrow, buy up those stamina potions and whatnot if you haven't already

Shit I forgot about Lakshmi.

Dammit no go. I'm just not doing enough damage. Terra caps right away but Edgar and Locke are lagging behind. I'm wondering if Omen would help Terra even more. I think I'm gonna leave it for now. I see that during the store refresh, Celes Spellblade Dualcast will become available. That might help me get more damage out of my FFVI team.

Gonna try my hand at that FFX Torment and see how that goes.

I've been working on getting a team from each realm up to 100 magia. I read something about a change coming to FFRK that will make it more difficult for most emulators to run. 100-200 magia makes a noticeable difference.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

Yeah...hmm. I could probably grab a few more fire artifacts too to boost my damage. To be honest, I think if I'd have more chase/doublecast SBs and materias I could probably get over my low damage situation. Oh well, nothing power creep won't fix later.