As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• FryFry Registered User regular
    Use the Titan active to break walls one and three. Put the meter you saved on OSBs towards an Imperil cast.

• ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Tried Penelo a few times against Ramuh. Her AASB is fucking bonkers. Between the regenga, damage reduction barrier, and double chance for medica chase on top of Passion Salsa's normal medica, it's like 15 free seconds of just being straight up unkillable.

I just don't have her speedtrick USB.

...Unless I buy it.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Bagammon and co. are doing too much damage in the record dungeon and I keep getting Expert.

• 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    Use the Titan active to break walls one and three. Put the meter you saved on OSBs towards an Imperil cast.

My problem is two earth wards ten are better than one low level earth king thing and people are dying.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

edited December 2019
    Huh. I feel like this should be a decent enough blueprint for 'budget' Ramuh, although no clue why he didn't just use Bartz's BSB so he could totally skip Tyro's glint. Pretty sure the right chain (Galuf) and an extra imperil from him would make up for the Red RS. Galuf doesn't generate meter as well as Red though. Stupid fucking Support 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dcruAXpBrI

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Fry wrote: Β»

My problem is two earth wards ten are better than one low level earth king thing and people are dying.

If Syldra is your resist thing, move it to a sub magicite. Titan thing is probably worth more offense than your second Madeen, between the blessing, the actual damage when it takes turns, and the rage levels it breaks when it takes turns.

I swapped out a defensive Madeen when I got my first Titan. I didn't want to try to figure out a new strategy using it as a main, but the Titan-specific boost and reduction were better than the secondary Madeen provided in both.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    That would drop elarra hp a bit but I guess I’m not tanking any capped hits on Titan. I’ll try it. Bonus 8% damage should beat the 7.5% surging power when at full hp and be much better when not at full hp.

38thDoE on steam

Bagammon and co. are doing too much damage in the record dungeon and I keep getting Expert.

Are you killing the adds? The battle ends after you kill just Ba'gammon, so just focus on him from the start. Dispel him and build charge while Basche draws hits until he can put down his party buff, then spam Vaan's OSB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Any word that they're doing one of those 'catch up' periods where they re-release all the realm events for anyone who hasn't done them yet?

They usually do that during the summer and they didn’t do it this year. It requires work on their end because Japan doesn’t do it.

38thDoE on steam

Starting RoP right with a 1/3 Deuce BSB dupe.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Oh a disco! Daggers! Could it be?
    Overstrike!?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    1/3 Sice USB - build delay/crit, end overstrike.

Nothing amazing, but not worthless

• DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    1/3, Deuce USB1. Neat!

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Starting off LotR with a resounding mic drop:

1/3: Queen AASB

It's probably all downhill from here, but a new AASB is still a major win.

Isn’t there supposed to be an earth banner here?

38thDoE on steam

38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Isn’t there supposed to be an earth banner here?

I thought so too...but alas it was not meant to be. Pulled on the reg Earth Elemental banner an got a dupe Maria USB....

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    And so the LOTROP beginneth againneth.

T0 got me Ace’s Glint. Empowered Enfire and speed. A decent Glint, and welcome considering his BSB doesn’t do Enfire. Not gonna get him a spot over Vivi or Axel, but probably good for the future if I get something else for him.

I got that last LotR; it's real good. You can pick up her USB and double cast LMR in the lens shop, if you need them.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Deuce's usbx (healing/last stand/res)! I'm only missing a healing disco on aphmau now and I'll have all realms covered.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Elarra Glint+ and AASB means I don't need to input the first turn, so it's a true auto-clear. Plus, I can bring another DPS to Famfrit instead of a 2nd healer, so my clear time improved to the point where I can turn the battle speed up. Sweet! Effortless Arcana farming!

• BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

Hey, I got this too! Should be a nice upgrade over TG Cid spamming OSBs for when I tackle Famfrit later this week.

Literally only thing I want on the FFT banner is Agrias's AASB, so sim pull instead.

1/3 - Agrias OSB.

Yeah.

ztrEPtD.gif
    Oh well holy shit. FFT draw got me Orlandeau’s Awakening!

Of really mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, this is objectively an amazing soul break, and is finally an excuse to use Orlandeau for something more than a daily dungeon clearer. On the other hand, this comes swift on the heels of me clearing Holy and Dark Odin, meaning there’s no longer a fight worthy of using this thing on. And sadly, I know that by the time the rank 6 Dark and Holy Magicites come out, Orlandeau will be all but useless, as his gimmick until now has been the use of crits to get massive damage without elemental aura; a strategy that flat-out doesn’t work on the 6-stars. Does he get a new relic later that lets him get an aura?

I know, I’m grousing about an Awakening I got for 5 mythril, but at the moment it’s mostly for showing off or trying to get better time on Cuchulainn.

edited December 2019
    I'll trade ya my dupe Rapha or Malach no elemental boost stick. No idea which one it was.

Gizmaluke in record dungeons give anyone trouble? Countered everything on me, Vivi could cast one spell then get silenced over and over. Felt like I was doing something wrong.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• rattletraprattletrap Registered User regular
    RoP: 2 days, 2 discos, 2 dupes. 100 lenses hooray?

• ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Orlandeau BSB dupe. Can't all be winners.

• MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Agrias AOSB, nice!

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
    Marche AOSB. New one too...so that's two discos so far.

In game, it says the LotR draws are 10% 6* and 4% 5*, so expect you will get more than twice as many disco balls as not

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yet another marche usb, i think my 4th?

also jack bsb in type 0, which was oof

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Knight_ wrote: Β»

Is he the fire spellblade guy?

If so he has a dualcast dive and actually did good work in the torment with just BSB for me

Poked Devastation Ozma a bit. The PHY/MAG immunity is such a terrible momentum killer. Phase 5 is super tanky, the boss heals to full 6 seconds in, and you have a tiny clock before it starts throwing out Instant Death. I'll have to think this over a bit.

Jragghen wrote: Β»
    Knight_ wrote: Β»

Is he the fire spellblade guy?

If so he has a dualcast dive and actually did good work in the torment with just BSB for me

Jack’s the Fire Samurai guy in T0. His BSB does Imperil Fire and his dive instead gives him Retaliate and 75% crit rate for a while after he hits critical health.

Daily Hit Sarah USB!
    Apparently Sarah has 3 USB now? I also have her Glint and BSB and no idea what to equip on her.

38thDoE on steam

Omg Limit Breaks, New Dungeons, Boosts for no En Elements on 6* Magicites so much stuff!

Which sarah Glint? She actually has 2. It’s pretty wild just how much stuff she actually has.

edited December 2019
    JP Livestream:
    Magicite Update
    - New Elarra RW: Fabula Sorcerer; This is a Chain: 99
    - Characters without En-Element can do better damage in 6* Magicite fights
    - 3/4* Magicite Dungeons will no longer provide Drop rewards
    - 3/4/5* Magicite Dungeons will now have Grade rewards

Magicite Event (4 weeks)
    - Clear a 3* and above Magicite Dungeon each day to earn 1 Relic Draw ticket
    - Clear 50 3* and above Magicite Dungeon within the period to earn 11 tickets
    - Special banner will be available for these tickets, includes SASB & CSB for each Magicite element

Auto Complete
    - You can turn on Auto Complete for Daily & Mote Dungeons
    - This process will continue until:
    Manually exit the mode
    Run out of Stamina/Ticket
    Entire party dies
    Dungeon has expired
    System error
    Inventory is full
    - RW choice for each run will also be automated
    - Stamina cap will be changed to 999
    - You can also make settings on when Stamina Potions can be used

SB Slot
    - Maximum of 10 SBs can be equipped in battle now
    - 5 per page, you can swipe left/right to toggle
    - Game will also save the most recent placement to memory

Character Menu UI
    - Instead of alternating screens, Equipment, SB & Materia will now be in tabs
    - All SB/Materias you possess can now be viewed together in their own tabs now

Vault Expansion
    - Maximum limit is increased from 800 to 900

Boss Battle Update
    - Remaining HP% for bosses will now be displayed

Record Dungeon Update
    - Stage difficulty will be lowered
    - More Crystal Waters will be rewarded
    - Gysahl Greens Shop will now sell Crystal Waters

Torment Dungeon Update
    - Elemental Resistance & Damage Reduction for 4-synergy teams will be alleviated

Mirage Dungeon Update
    - Dr Mog's Bonds of Historia RW will be added
    - Auto permanent Sentinel's Grimoire will also be added

Cardia
    - New main menu option
    - In it contains Torment, Mirage & Phantasm Dungeons
    - There will be weekly missions for Cardia Dungeons, clearing them will earn you Rat Tails

Phantasm Dungeon
    - Featuring the highest difficulty realm-based bosses so far
    - FFIX boss is Deathguise
    - FFT boss is Zalera

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam