As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    These changes are great, I'm already enjoying them by instamastering some pulls.

Took the synchro banner for a spin and got Machina CSB and Tifa LMR. This means I'm only missing a gen-2 chain for lightning now, so that's pretty great. Instantly got Machina SSB to pair with it.

I think I might pull again for an awakening/synchro, the elemental earth banner didn't help either.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    Ugh, just can't bring myself to spend Mythril. Must keep hoarding for the fest.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    At the very least, keep 25 mythril on tap for that one-day-only Awakening lucky draw.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Someone has been keeping track of upcoming banners with citations of original events: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/76834959?page=25

Seems handy.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    https://www.rk-squared.com/relicDraws/group-group16/

32% for something good on wind banner. hmm. I suppose I should try Titan again with OSB change.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    People are reporting that this new Monk ability only heals the user, despite the description.

Very sad, and if so, I think we can expect some mythril in apology, since this is probably getting people to make it.

• Options
    God. Got to magic pixel on Odin, but got SZTK3’d before I could fire off one last OSB with Beatrix.

I think I need to try and summon Madeen earlier, and slightly delay the recast of the holy chain if I can. Losing chain in the last phase, and not being able to summon Madeen twice, really got me killed.

Maybe... if I have Ramza call Madeen, and THEN use his first chain. That would accomplish both things?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    6* rate on elemental banners is apparently 10% vs 8% on realm banners.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Oh yeah. Should probably pull for holy chain.

Pulled wind because weakness.
    2/11 1 disco

weird sword and disco book

Okay...
    sword is cloud doublecast wind so that seems pretty good.
    book is alph AASB!

I'm going to call this a success.
    So I now have for Alph without ever pulling for him:
    SSB BSB Glint bUSB Chain AAAB

Wow.

I'm hoping the wind doublecast is enough to put cloud over titan.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Oh yeah, Rude gets the free chain. And Quake Swing can Imperil. I've never looked at his skillset or materias before.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    BF 9

2/10
    Vivi USB dupe
    Tyro OSB

Fuck that stupid book. I went from 0 to 3 copies of it over the last week.

Elemental draws have been significantly more unkind to me than the realm ones were, and are slapping me in the face with wrong elemental shit that's TECHNICALLY hits for the elemental, including the one AASB hit.

Fire
    1/11
    Jecht USB dupe

Ice
    3/11
    Eight LMR
    Umaro LMR
    Palom AOSB

Lit
    2/11
    Garnet BSB dupe
    Edge AASB

Holy
    2/11
    Angeal USB
    Beatrix AOSB

Not sure if I want to do the rest. Will need to look at the pools. Wind is an almost certain skip since Titan is cleared, and I don't care much about sealing up a wind mage clear. Maybe there's enough mis-elemental stuff though. Water I already have 3 AASBs for (4 now with Edge's), and a gen 2 magic chain, but no gen2 phys chain, and Tidus/Wakka AASBs are a little shitty to use together because they compete over the same stuff. A second water AASB would also seal up Ifrit in water magic. Earth I just don't think there's enough good in that pool that I don't already have, but maybe I'm wrong. Dark, similar, and fairly sure I have an Alexander clear already because he's that much of a cream puff.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    I did all of them because I know I’m going to eventually, but it was quite a bust.

Best item was probably dr mog ultra just to have any core items. I did get bartz aasb but it’s my 3rd.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Waiting till full bars on titan at around 48 seconds is fun but I hit the Dead End move so I need to go a little before that I guess.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Earth:Ursela AOSB
    Lightning:Garnet LMR, Delita USB

Needed help with the mage side of things, so kind of a bust. Delita's covers a lot of elements though, so maybe that will eventually help.

Might end up trying to slot in Rude into my king beh team. How do those free chains stack up to actual chains?

• Options
    And Holy makes three!

Using Madeen before the chain was in fact what I needed. I was able to call Madeen a second time in the last phase, getting me just enough damage to squeak past before the final attack. Thank you, OSB cost discount.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    And Holy makes three!

Using Madeen before the chain was in fact what I needed. I was able to call Madeen a second time in the last phase, getting me just enough damage to squeak past before the final attack. Thank you, OSB cost discount.

That's awesome! Feels great to check an Odin off the list. And with 3 accessories you can keep 2 dps and a healer alive through savage elemental drive.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    After doing a scan of the pools, decided earth and water had just enough to take a shot at them, so of course completely whiffed.

4/22
    Machina OSB
    Bartz OSB dupe
    Machina USB dupe
    Yuffie USB1 dupe

Well, one AASB for 90 mythril isn't awful. I'm pretty sure I can close to replicate that wacky Edge AASB Ifrit clear, I guess, although I think I might be missing a healer AASB and might need to lens his BSB though.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    And Holy makes three!

That's awesome! Feels great to check an Odin off the list. And with 3 accessories you can keep 2 dps and a healer alive through savage elemental drive.

Ooh, yeah that’s a good point. Next time I feel like beating my head against dark-weak Odin, I’ll see what happens if I give the BAE to Elarra, Sephirotj, and Cloud.

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Earth:Ursela AOSB
    Lightning:Garnet LMR, Delita USB

Needed help with the mage side of things, so kind of a bust. Delita's covers a lot of elements though, so maybe that will eventually help.

Might end up trying to slot in Rude into my king beh team. How do those free chains stack up to actual chains?

Free chains have the same field effect as gen1 chains - 20% boost - but without the entry hits/alternative effect that some of the gen1s have. So as a chain, they work fine, but a lot of their utility is dependent on how good the person they're on is with the element in question. Gen2 chains get a major buff (50% MAG or ATK) and a 50% field effect instead of 20%, so they're very much worse than gen2.

With a supremely stacked individual character, I made a free chain work on Odin, so they're pretty solid if you've got the pieces around them. It took quite the effort, though (like...3? purchases from the lens shop, I think). I wouldn't bother trying with a 6*, but anything shy of that they're definitely worth it - most 5* magicite are technically possible without a chain, so having one will make that easier.

In other news, 2/11 one disco, both dupes (TGC BSB and Rinoa OSB).

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Giving a few things a whirl here:

BF: Zidane AOSB dupe. At least it's a +wind.

Earth birb: Machina LMR, Machina AOSB, Machina Woke. I guess I have to like Machina now.

Fire Discount: Sabin BSB dupe, Locke Chain dupe. Wrong chain!

Lightning Discount: Lightning Woke. Woooo!!

Dark Discount: Leon Glint, Seph OSB dupe. Eh.

Ice: Ayame OSB dupe, Squall Bubsy dupe, Edea USB.

I'll pull on the other element banners eventually. 2 awakenings is a huge score, even if one of them is Machina.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    and Tidus/Wakka AASBs are a little shitty to use together because they compete over the same stuff.

We're getting a second 6* water shooter ability soon (hybrid ice/fire/water) so that's less awful than it could be

Also, at Enlong, we're getting a second 6* fire samurai ability (hybrid ice) so that will help your Cor/Auron situation

• Options
    Neat! I’m in no huge rush, but that’ll be nice. Would help Greg as well.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    Fry wrote: »
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    and Tidus/Wakka AASBs are a little shitty to use together because they compete over the same stuff.

We're getting a second 6* water shooter ability soon (hybrid ice/fire/water) so that's less awful than it could be

Also, at Enlong, we're getting a second 6* fire samurai ability (hybrid ice) so that will help your Cor/Auron situation

Trinity Shoot is really weak. Like, even weaker than the 5* shooter abilities, and moreso when you take into account the rank boost from AASBs. The penalty for giving QC and being multi-element is huge, and the benefit when you've got it basically permanently up from needing to spam a healer USB is too small.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    These Black Friday tickets have been amazing. I've gotten 2 new gen2 chains, Sarah's ice and Faris' wind.

• Options
    Artereis wrote: »
    These Black Friday tickets have been amazing. I've gotten 2 new gen2 chains, Sarah's ice and Faris' wind.

My running tally:
    18 discoes, 10 dupes
    6 non-disco, 5 dupe

24/90

Like...0 awakenings or chains, so it's not amazing but that's some fucking obnoxious disco luck, so I'm just going to keep being thankful.

• Options
    Decided to toss at the ice banner since it's my sole remaining Odin:

2/11, one disco
    Reynn dualcast ice LMR
    Dupe Rinoa Chain (my....6th?)

Whomp whomp

• Options
    My only hit on the Black Friday draws was Prompto's CSB. Which is a hell of a hit, but I'm still better geared to take Leviathan in magic since I already have an AASB/gen2 CSB there and would just need one more to seal it up. Problem is that there aren't really any coming up, let alone on decent banners. Soft planning on just buying Shantotto's from the Christmas fest dreams banner. Maybe RoP will be kind though. The last couple have been. There's also the AASB lucky.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I'll get back to 25 before the lucky Awakening draw, so might as well do Wind too, in case I get something for Titan

1/11 disco
    Dupe Luneth OSB (my fifth)

Oh well!

• Options
    Oh Dream Select runs up to what LOTR series? XI? Wondering if I should hold out a Lil longer or just pull the trigger on it.

• Options
    Oh hey, daily hit. Beatrix unique

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Glanced through the elemental banner contents. Water and ice are both around 40% hits, so those are definite pulls. Wind, lightning, and dark are in the low-to-mid 30s; I'll probably pull but maybe not until after the fest. Earth and Fire are in the mid-to-high 20s; not so sure about those. And Holy is just awful for me, so that's a skip.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    I stand by my "pull on everything if it's 15 mythril for an 11 pull" stance. Maybe not immediately, and definitely prioritize, but I'm going to do them all.

Just most of them won't happen until after fest.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    After not a single chain or AASB on the realm banners, my loot on 3 elemental banners contains 3 AASB's. Fran, Lightning and Rinoa join the ranks! I even already have AOSB's and glints for Lightning and Rinoa, so I'm super happy.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    I stand by my "pull on everything if it's 15 mythril for an 11 pull" stance. Maybe not immediately, and definitely prioritize, but I'm going to do them all.

Just most of them won't happen until after fest.

I sim pulled the two I skipped (wind and dark) to assuage my curiosity and got only dupes/garbage, so I'm good on putting the 30 mythril towards something else.

As I think about it, I'm likely skipping a bunch of RoP banners too since I've polished off a bunch of ??? sub 30s recently and a bunch of realms have little or nothing good for 6* magicite.

Train of thought (since in a boring meeting)
    FFT: Agrias AASB only want, so easy skip.
    FF0: Enough AASBs, plus a weak realm for me. Def yeah.
    FF15: Not sub 30, but pretty sure I can with Prompto's CSB. Gladio's AASB is the only thing that's maybe decent, and even that's sketchy since doesn't work with USB.
    FF14: Alph AASB only want, so skip
    FF13: Very strong here, but a lot of other good stuff to get.
    FF12: Dubious value. Realm draw was super kind here, so sub 30ed. Main prizes would be Penelo or Larsa USB2s, so likely skip.
    FF11: Gimme that fucking Toto AASB. Weak here in general though, so even most USBs would be of at least Torment use.
    FF10: Would be chasing Rikku CSB basically, or maybe Tidus glint. Seems pretty skippable.
    FF9: Only really Vivi AASB wanted, and no gen 2 magic CSB, so fire magic is iffy for Shiva anyway. Very skip.
    FF8: Lots of good stuff.
    FF7: Enough wanted good stuff
    FF6: Tons of good stuff.
    FF5: Gogo AASB or USBs only wants. Likely skip.
    FF4: Enough AASBs plus a missing gen 2 dark magic CSB to be probably yes
    FF3: Pretty weak, not sub30, but the pool is very meh. Not sure.
    FF2: Already have Maria AASB, so easy skip.
    FF1: Super duper skip.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    I'm wondering if I want to delay pulling on refreshed elemental banners until after fest banners. Lightning Synchro is bonkers, practically best in game DPS good, and Tifa Synchro is also real good for Ramuh.

• Options
    I'm going to give Ramuh a shot this weekend with what I have. I thought I had Elarra's BSB, but I guess not so I need to go buy it from the lens shop. If I can wrangle at least one clear, that'll free me up from having to be tormented over which earth banner/relics I should toss some mythril at between Tifa (highest risk, highest reward), FFV (lowest risk, lowest reward), or Rinoa sync (biggest unknown, moderate risk, and probably a harder clear even if I do hit a secondary prize since mage).

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    I didn't skip any 5 mythril pulls last time, don't think I will skip any of them this time. I did skip 3/8 of the elemental banners last time, I'll need to look at the pools to make the call. I have chains pretty well covered, but there's lots of other good things I could use.

Edit: Cripes, 6* Leviathan is mined for 12/20. :X

Fry on
  • Options
    So when's the next wind banner anyways? Asking for a friend.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Clearin’ Stuff Late!

Beat up the Masked Man. Freya, Zidane, and Eiko make for a surprisingly coherent Wind team, with Quina and Elarra for support.

• Options
    edited December 2019
    38thDoe wrote: »
    So when's the next wind banner anyways? Asking for a friend.

December fest should have a wind focused banner, but who knows if it actually will. Maybe it'll have two. The fest banners in Japan were weird. Cloud's synchro will definitely appear, and assuming Fang's AASB is on it, that's significantly stronger than Kain's AASB despite being a similar BDL2 dragoon thing instead of a dual caster. Ultimecia's synchro also had a banner alongside Alph's AASB if you have mage stuff.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif