As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    sucks that it was too slow to complete.

So many weird surprise banners these days. Trying to drain mythril before the fest? This one is silly. Relics that lower elemental resistance... three of them. Woo.

38thDoE on steam
    πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€πŸ¦‘πŸ¦€

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    When do we get that "mythril for days logged in" thing, anyway?

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think it was in the lead up to fest. Maybe during lotr?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Ok another one done!
    jl4knamvfm77.png

This time it was:

WoL GSB, GSB+ and AOSB / Healing Smite + Shellga
    Matoya SSB and USB / Chilling Frost + Hastega
    Sarah BSB and GSB / Protectga + Allegro con Moto
    Garland AASB / Demon's Cross
    Meia USB / Chain Waterja + Lunar Leviathan

edit: I lensed Matoya's Boostga this time. Hmm. That leaves Type 0 and III.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    And one more down!
    xfinijgmuylh.png

Here's the team:

OK BSB and AASB / Chain Firaja + Meltdown
    Luneth GSB+ and BSB / Hurricane Bolt and Sky High
    CoD USB / Necrocountdown and Shellga
    Refia GSB and BSB / Ironfist Fire
    Arc BUSB / Curada and Protectga

No lens needed. Man, Refia's GSB is pretty fun! It's too bad that we've been railroaded into this Empowered Enele future tho.

Ok that leaves one Torment missing. Type 0. I keep hearing this one needs a Last Stand/Reraise. Also...is the only Boostga from Deuce's BSB????

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    That's awesome! Congrats. I can't bring myself to bother if I'll have to do it again. Having a sync seems to help a good amount.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    You know it's going to be a banger daily relic when it's a rainbow without even the screen-shake.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    You know it's going to be a banger daily relic when it's a rainbow without even the screen-shake.

Unless it's a dupe! I can't complain, I've got like 4 hits in a row. All dupes tho! Today was like my 3rd Innocent Cure copy. And to think I payed for this one! lol

Anyways, with these odds I don't even want to see that FFX banner that keeps taunting me. I gotta remember that any mythril I have has to either go to Ramuh or Leviathan! That been said, I'm gonna do something stupid and try to pick up Noctis' SASB. Then again, I wonder if it's a good idea. He doesn't have a way to reEnFire eh?

• Options
    Been some months since I got anything noteworthy. Weeks of 1-3* relics with the occasional 4* or useless 5* to break things up.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    I got Pecil’s Arcane yesterday. A duplicate of it, and I’ve yet to use the first one, lol.

His Ultras in the lens shop just don’t look too appealing. Doesn’t help that Paladin Wall isn’t of much use vs Deathgaze.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    That been said, I'm gonna do something stupid and try to pick up Noctis' SASB. Then again, I wonder if it's a good idea. He doesn't have a way to reEnFire eh?

You shouldn't need more than three stacks and 25 seconds of fire aura, not with all the ATB cheating he can do

(also, his glint+ adds one more stack of fire aura)

Fry on
  • Options
    38thDoe wrote: Β»
    Been some months since I got anything noteworthy. Weeks of 1-3* relics with the occasional 4* or useless 5* to break things up.

The last two 6* relics I've gotten were Barbariccia's USB and Tama's USB, in January 2020 and May 2019. Even just getting an LMR is a good day.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    New FF12 event, and Vaan's new AASB is an apology to him for 6* Magicite.

Vaan's Genji Shield [AASB, +10 ATK] (NEW!)
    15 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, En-Wind, En-Wind Stack, Awoken Thief Mode, Cap Break Level 1, Instant Thief & Luminescence to user

Awoken Thief Mode: Unlimited Thief Hones, Thief Ability Boost & Dualcast Thief
    Luminescence: After using 2 Wind abilities, grants En-Wind to user

He can FINALLY EnWind. He also gets a Glint+ and Glint that grant EnWind + Stacking.

Interesting that they packed in Instant Thief, so he's not still using his USB1.

• Options
    Ifrit isn't very fun. Would Bartz be better than Paine? Paine seems so much more focused.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    edited March 2020
    madlad masters Ifrit without awakenings or synchs, wtf. (timer is just under a minute)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/fdqis6/6_magicite_ifrit_mastered_without_aasb_nor_sasb/

Fry on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: Β»
    madlad masters Ifrit without awakenings or synchs, wtf. (timer is just under a minute)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/fdqis6/6_magicite_ifrit_mastered_without_aasb_nor_sasb/

Interesting, though it looks like it requires Leviathan cleared. That said,
    Ifrit isn't very fun. Would Bartz be better than Paine? Paine seems so much more focused.

Going to wait until Ifrit is fun, or at least manageable, relic wise.

• Options
    edited March 2020

oof. 6 imperil is much better than 1-4.
    So that just pushes me back to needing Leviathan, who I don't have relics for either.

I hate how the mastery threads are so full of Syncs. If you have the sync you don't have to write out a strategy. You can just sync and win.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Eyy, those 100% HP bubble effects (eg Golbez USB2, DCecil USB1) getting a buff in Japan. Apparently damage caps were applied as the very last thing before it was inflicted. ie If DCecil has a 15k HP bubble, and a non-overflow attack was supposed to do 12k damage, it would take 12k off the bubble even though had the bubble not been there, it would have only taken off 9999 HP.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

oof. 6 imperil is much better than 1-4.
    So that just pushes me back to needing Leviathan, who I don't have relics for either.

I hate how the mastery threads are so full of Syncs. If you have the sync you don't have to write out a strategy. You can just sync and win.

*looks at Leviathan*

Haha, yeah. So easy with a Sync...

• Options
    Well when I get her sync I'll let you know how I did it.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    BIO META LIVES
    Edgar's Hyper Drill [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Bio/Fire/Lightning/NE ranged physical attacks, Awoken Machinery Cultivator Mode, Cap Break Level 1, Change Machinery Mode & Technical Bravo! to user
    Awoken Machinery Cultivator Mode: Unlimited Machinist Hones, Machinist Rank Quick Cast & Dualcast Machinist
    Change Machinery Mode: En-Bio, En-Fire or En-Lightning
    Technical Bravo!: After using 2 Bio, Fire or Lightning abilities, inflicts minor Imperil Bio, Fire or Lightning

Quistis's Misty Whip [AASB, +10 MAG] - 15 single-target Water/Bio/NE magic attacks, Awoken Instructor Mode, Cap Break Level 1, Switch Draw Mode & Coach Time to user
    Awoken Instructor Mode: Unlimited Water/Bio Hones, Water/Bio Ability Boost & Dualcast Water/Bio
    Switch Draw Mode: En-Water or En-Bio
    Coach Time: After using Water or Bio abilities, grants 40% Damage Reduction Barrier 1 to party

Marcus's Dancing Dagger [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Wind/Bio/NE physical attacks, Awoken Tantalus Mode, Cap Break Level 1, Twin Element Mode & Swords of Fury to user
    Awoken Tantalus Mode: Unlimited Wind/Bio Hones, Wind/Bio Ability Boost & Dualcast Wind/Bio
    Twin Element Mode: En-Wind or En-Bio
    Swords of Fury (1 IX member): Inflicts single-target minor Imperil Wind & Bio
    Swords of Fury (2 IX members): Inflicts single-target Imperil Wind & Bio
    Swords of Fury (3 IX members): Inflicts single-target Imperil Wind & Bio, Instant Cast 1 to party
    Swords of Fury (4+ IX members): Inflicts single-target Imperil Wind & Bio, Instant Cast 1 & Weakness Damage +30% to party

Thief's Black Garb [AASB, +10 ATK] - 15 single-target Wind/Bio/NE physical attacks, Awoken Rogue Mode, Cap Break Level 1, Twin Element Mode, High Quick Cast 2 & Sneak to user
    Awoken Rogue Mode: Unlimited Thief/Celerity Hones, Thief/Celerity Ability Boost & Dualcast Thief/Celerity
    Twin Element Mode: En-Wind or En-Bio
    Sneak: After using 2 Thief/Celerity abilities, grants Quick Cast 2 to same-row members, chases with 8 single-target Wind/Bio/NE physical attacks if user has Haste

Marcus's Thief's Glove [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind/Bio Overflow physical attacks

Thief's Thief's Knife [UOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Wind/Bio Overflow physical attacks

Quistis's Minerva Bustier [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Water/Bio/NE magic attacks, Imperil Water & Bio, Switch Draw Mode & Brave Mode to user
    Switch Draw Mode: En-Water or En-Bio
    Condition: Use Water or Bio abilities
    Level 0: Single-target Water/Bio/NE magic attack, Instant Cast
    Level 1: 6 single-target Water/Bio/NE magic attack, Instant Cast, RES -30%
    Level 2: 6 single-target Water/Bio/NE magic attack, Instant Cast, RES -50%
    Level 3: 6 single-target Water/Bio/NE magic attack, Instant Cast, DEF/RES/MND -70%

Edgar's Heavy Lance [FSB+, +10 ATK] - High Quick Cast 2 & Change Machinery Mode to user, Instant Cast & Zero SB Cost
    Change Machinery Mode: En-Bio, En-Fire or En-Lightning

Quistis's Wyvern Tail [FSB, +10 MAG] - Protect, Shell & 30% Stoneskin to party, Instant Cast

Marcus's Flametongue [FSB, +10 ATK] - High Quick Cast 1 & Twin Element Mode II to user, Instant Cast
    Twin Element Mode II: En-Wind Stack or En-Bio Stack

Thief's Assassin's Dagger [FSB, +10 ATK] - En-Wind, En-Wind Stack & +1 Storm Raider to user, Instant Cast
    Storm Raider Mode: After using Wind/Bio abilities, chases with 6 single-target Wind/Bio/NE physical, multiplier depends on Storm Raider Level

Edgar's Genji Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - 10% chance to Triplecast Machinist abilities

Quistis's Uniform [LMR, +10 MAG] - 25% chance to Dualcast Black Magic abilities

Thief's Thief's Glove [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Wind/Bio abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

• Options
    I don't think any of that bio stuff is new though.

• Options
    Yeah it's an explicit bio pickup banner.

• Options
    Well when I get her sync I'll let you know how I did it.

I really doubt this is the case. You know what, for funsies I'll let you know how good/bad I do with Rude and Kain chain on Ramuh and Levia.

• Options
    Maybe I spend too much time hearing about how Lightning Sync is the literal best relic in the game? Tried for it and failed got too much stuff to keep rolling on it so didn't look into it too much more.
    Is it pretty bad then?

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    Maybe I spend too much time hearing about how Lightning Sync is the literal best relic in the game? Tried for it and failed got too much stuff to keep rolling on it so didn't look into it too much more.
    Is it pretty bad then?

In a vacuum Lightning Sync is probably the strongest, but it can't carry you. You need a whole bunch of stuff to make things manageable.

• Options
    Is it pretty bad then?

In a vacuum Lightning Sync is probably the strongest, but it can't carry you. You need a whole bunch of stuff to make things manageable.

This is probably one of the reasons the 100 AASB banner isn't that exciting to me honestly. Even if you get an EnEle AASB, without proper support (an AOSB, LMR, Imperil), you aren't gonna go real far in those fights.

• Options
    Well you can lens two of those three eventually. AoSB are only good for 20 hit style. Otherwise better to have OSB.

That banner is really bad for me. Can’t spare that much mythril.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    People keep saying that 3 OSB hits is bad, I don't think I agree with that sentiment

Most characters have something you can pick up in the lens shop to go well with an Awakening. Or will be getting something in the next update, which should be soonish

Not sure what the 100 Awakening banner is, but it sounds good to me

• Options
    People keep saying that 3 OSB hits is bad, I don't think I agree with that sentiment

Most characters have something you can pick up in the lens shop to go well with an Awakening. Or will be getting something in the next update, which should be soonish

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78025321

As a note that's really Tyro USB4, not his AASB.

More fest details: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper/78442353

• Options

The banner itself is the problem for me. Again, for me. Bartz is dupe, Terra is dupe, Tyro USB4 is dupe, Dr. Mog is dupe. That leaves only TGCid's AASB as a "win". And it isn't really since he can't EnEle. Now, the three Imperils. Rikku and Rufus are "upgrades" to their BSBs I already have and I already cleared cleared Titan so Faris is bleh. I guess Terra's GSB is a nice get?

• Options

The banner itself is the problem for me. Again, for me. Bartz is dupe, Terra is dupe, Tyro USB4 is dupe, Dr. Mog is dupe. That leaves only TGCid's AASB as a "win". And it isn't really since he can't EnEle. Now, the three Imperils. Rikku and Rufus are "upgrades" to their BSBs I already have and I already cleared cleared Titan so Faris is bleh. I guess Terra's GSB is a nice get?

Yeah I'm more psyched for that banner because I have none of the AASBs, so between the chance for those, AND the free one, it's a good deal.

• Options
    Oh, the Awakening select after two draws thing. Yeah, that's pretty awkward for me, too. I assumed from calling it 100 Awakening it was some banner that was just 100 awakenings. Which would be rad

• Options
    Yeah, I'm at 5 dupes (4 if it's really his USB4), which....probably isn't worth 100 mythril for me.

• Options
    3-hit Arcanes aren’t bad, just outclassed if the character has damage limit break. That said, they’re no longer superior to OSBs except that you can spend them in one turn instead of 3.

• Options

Okay not bad per se... but you have to say that the ability to do 300k is in a slightly different class from the ability to do 500k-2m
    Damage.

38thDoE on steam

• Options
    AOSBs go great with awakenings/syncs because the best thing to do with those are just spam them for 4-5 turns without weaving other SBs in, so you're essentially always going to exit them with a ton of meter.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Google survey gems: Iris LMR
    T0: Cater USB

• Options
    Ok! Trey USB. Hmm. I actually got to 99% in this Torment. I'm not sure if Trey will be the guy to give me the win... Eh might as well try him out.

• Options
    LotRop! See you in 17 days.