As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Why do you play? You play because you played of course!

• Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    0 was a dupe, but an AASB dupe (Machina) is kind of a mixed portent for things to come, I suppose.

• Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    Hm. 1/3 Machina CSB. Already have Galuf's... and Emperor's... and Red's, but I guess there's some synergy with Cinque for the Torment.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Hm. 1/3 Machina CSB. Already have Galuf's... and Emperor's... and Red's, but I guess there's some synergy with Cinque for the Torment.

Give it to meeeeee lol I need them

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Deuce usb. That’s the healer one right? Anyways one less thing to lens is okay by me.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Deuce usb. That’s the healer one right? Anyways one less thing to lens is okay by me.

Which USB? Two are fantastic. One is just a mediocre early healer USB.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Oh. Didn't realize they had so many.
    Its Hymn of Healing:
    Instant restore large amount and raise KO 30% Bubble.
    Is that the bad one? I'm guessing its the bad one because Raise KO is seldom a good thing.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Yeah, the other one has a Medica chase on WHT or bard.

• Options
    Oh. Didn't realize they had so many.
    Its Hymn of Healing:
    Instant restore large amount and raise KO 30% Bubble.
    Is that the bad one? I'm guessing its the bad one because Raise KO is seldom a good thing.

...Yeah, that's the bad one. The other two are instant curaga + res boost + guts, which counters the Torment's big debuff and guts is super useful, and the instant curaga + QC2 + big regen + chase wht/bard with mini-medica.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I mean, there are way worse healer USBs than instant curaga plus bubble. See: several of Lenna's or Vanille's

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Yeah. Instant curaga is never bad, but it doesn't compare to either of the other two. Even the guts one would be kind of mediocre if it wasn't such a great counter for the Torment and previously also for RS strategies.

E:
    New characters are always fun because I get to see the ungodly number of 3* motes/crystal lodes I'm accumulating.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    It’s better than her default: raise mag. Also best healing I have in realm. Even if I’m not able to do the torment it can still help for cid missions probably

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    It’s better than her default: raise mag. Also best healing I have in realm. Even if I’m not able to do the torment it can still help for cid missions probably

Only healing in the realm... Except if you want to count Rem's Last Stand SSB. Ren is more of a attacking white mage than a healer.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    Issue there though is that in a couple months, Torments are being changed so that you get one character free compared to now, and Elarra is such a powerful choice virtually everywhere that she more than makes up for not getting the 10% damage boost/damage resist for all in-realm.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    100-gem: Iris USB2! No Last Stand, but regenga and PQC3 isn't a bad combo. I only wish I'd gotten one of the Awakenings or the Sync. I kinda want to draw on this banner for Lunafreya even though I'm low on mythril and fest is coming up because I'm in dire need of magical water/holy. Eh, I'll sleep on it for a week or two.

LotR Type-0: 1/3, Ace Realm CSB! Exactly what I needed to go over the top for the Torment!

• Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    Issue there though is that in a couple months, Torments are being changed so that you get one character free compared to now, and Elarra is such a powerful choice virtually everywhere that she more than makes up for not getting the 10% damage boost/damage resist for all in-realm.

IMHO Tyro might be better depending on the realm.

Also, best 5 Mythril I've spent. Trey's USB actually gave me the DPS I needed to clear Type 0. This... Has to be the most weird setup I've used to clear one but it worked! I'll do the write up in the morning cuz I'm really tired.

• Options
    MaytagMaytag Registered User regular
    Queen AASB in the pocket! This one seems like it's pretty good and I have her Glint+/LMR/OSB/BSB/USB too. The type 0 torment should be sub-30 soon too now.

3DS: 1392 - 5070 - 7853
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So I'm guessing Luna Sync won't be in the lotrop pool tomorrow?

• Options
    Maytag wrote: »
    Queen AASB in the pocket! This one seems like it's pretty good and I have her Glint+/LMR/OSB/BSB/USB too. The type 0 torment should be sub-30 soon too now.

I used that for the Torment and for Leviathan, it gets the job done, no complaints

• Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'm firmly in mythril-grinding mode. Getting a bunch off the daily login and enough realm clears should get me to enough pulls for the free one for my new account, and hopefully enough over the next while to get me some good RoP draws. At the same time, though, it'll be nice to just build up the characters I have and hone some extra fun abilities.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Is LOTROP for 15 going to include this current event?

• Options
    It never has before, the cutoff is usually a month or two before the parade starts

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    It never has before, the cutoff is usually a month or two before the parade starts

It's at least 4 events, since Eight's new stuff isn't in this pool.

• Options
    I'm at 300 mythril, so I can do LotRop, 3x Lucky Draws, and 100 Mythril for AASB choice banners. Leaves me with very little for actual fest banners. Damn my 9 unproductive banner pulls since December.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Ok last one.
    2riks4z0c5bs.png

I did end up lensing Deuce's Instaheal USB. I actually had an attempt with no realm chain that got to 99% using King. The actual final team was:

Ace / Chain Firaja + Shellga / Firaga BOM? USB
    Cinque / Entrust bot / didn't use her AOSB, GSB+ or BSB
    Jack / Firetouched Blade + Demonsblood/ USB
    Trey / Icebullet + Trinity Burrito / USB
    Deuce / Hastega / BSB + USB

Cinque basically allowed Deuce to keep the heals and buffs going, juggle Lakhsmi, juggle chain. In the end, I was expecting her to die but the damage I was doing allowed me to skip the Death turn in my winning run.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    Took down the T-0 D??? in 30.55s with the new Realm Chain. Some tightening up around the Dispel mark should get me the sub-30!

• Options
    Darklyre wrote: »
    Took down the T-0 D??? in 30.55s with the new Realm Chain. Some tightening up around the Dispel mark should get me the sub-30!

IIRC I had Deuce and Rem both carrying Hastega to make darn sure everyone got back to work after the dispel.

Also I had King with Dr. Mog's so he could USB immediately and start doublecasting imperils. And Queen Awakening to do the heavy lifting.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Hrm. My dark magic team feels kind of unfocused lately.

I’m thinking about eventually using lenses to get an ultra or two for them.

Currently I’m looking at Kuja and Vayne. Both have their Endark LMR and Arcane (20+1! for Vayne, 3! for Kuja), I have or can get their OSBs. Wondering whose USB would be a better pick. I’m thinking Vayne, because he’s got one with a chase, while Kuja’s got a parting-shot OSB. Vayne also could go into a physical team, but he’s gonna be using a chain there. One issue with Vayne is that his soul breaks can’t venefit from Allegro Con Moto.

Also, it bugs me that Exdeath seems to have no way to get Endark other than a unique. Wouldn’t have expected to be favoring Nabaat over him, but here I am.

Enlong on
  • Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    LOTR first good hit: Machina AASB, awesome! Starting out just like last fest.
    Ohh daily disco too! Oh wait, never mind its just Amarant's USB, go about your daily business.

• Options
    Bluecyan wrote: »
    Ohh daily disco too! Oh wait, never mind its just Amarant's USB, go about your daily business.

Are you sure it's Machina's Awakening and not Machina's Awakening? /funnyjoke

Amarant's ultras are perfectly fine. Though one of them is weird (dual imperil fire/lit, on a character that doesn't really have any lightning stuff yet)

• Options

Amarant's ultras are perfectly fine. Though one of them is weird (dual imperil fire/lit, on a character that doesn't really have any lightning stuff yet)

Isn't he monk? Couldn't he use that new flashy lightning skill?

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular

That's fair, it's not the USB that's the issue, the USB is pretty cool. It's the fire reflect one, which if I had a fire chain would be interesting. Without it I'm not sure being saddled with Amarant is worth it.

• Options
    IX's core group are very high powered. I'm very sad to get anything for Amarant/Marcus/Freya or as Dena refers to them who?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Amarant’s USBs look fairly decent for Damage support if you can fit him. One gives the party Fire Radiant Shield, and the other is Instant Imperil Fire/Lightning, and I cant say no to instant Imperils.

• Options
    Amarant's fine. Element aura and element reflect on the same USB is above the curve. And his trance lets him spew out party heals while monking, which is unique and good.

• Options
    Sure. I just don't see him subbing in for Steiner/Beatrix/Vivi/Zidane any time soon.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Sure. I just don't see him subbing in for Steiner/Beatrix/Vivi/Zidane any time soon.

IX can run a fire team by subbing out Beatrix, and his RS counts for Steiner's realm chain.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Did the 5 mythril Type-0 draw, and got a 6 star relic!

The one I already had, Machina OSB. Thank you game, you raised my hopes and then dashed them expertly!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    FFT: Alma Awakening, which JESUS CHRIST.

Instant, Medica, protectga, shellga, hastega, reraise, regenga, HP stock 6000, damage barrier 1, QC WHT, WHT -> Medica chase

That sounds QUITE useful for Leviathan.

• Options
    1/3 Ovelia USB2

Feh.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Ovelia LMR. Which isn't bad, she really needed dual cast white magic. Lots of stuff open too!