Options

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Do we know if you'll need the DLC to have access to universal layered armor, or will everyone get that?

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    The leaks are coming hot and fast. Watch your step if you don't wanna be spoiled

PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Mmm, delicious.

Also, started working my way through all the village quests I haven't completed yet. It's such a slog with so many collect points or collect items quests. I can kinda see why I bounced off Generations so long ago. Managed to finally slap together a G rank armor set with Attack Up L and a rank in health. Gotta still craft the armor/power talons once I finally do a deviljho hunt.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Making a gathering/transport set is absolutely imperative for the collection quests in GU, it grossly reduces your time spent on those quests.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfOECTYSjyM

There's a thing in the first page of decorations that made me puke in my mouth a little. Commentary kept in spoilers for anybody trying to go in blind
    There's variations of the 4-slot decos that can have 3 points of a 1-slot skill instead of just 2 points 1-slot skills. Is this also going to be a thing for 2-slot and 3-slot skill ones? Are we going to be forever hunting for insanely rare 4-slot deco combinations?

I really, really hope they give the Elder Melder the ability for us to make our own 4-slot combo decos if we have the decos for the abilities we want to combine as well.

At least PC can cheat them in by modifying the store. Holy fuck. I don't think I'm going to elder melder scum like I did in the past, seems like the amount of decos you have to hunt for in Iceborne is going to be massive.

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Ah, I've just started using prowler with some g rank gear I made for them. I really wanna get more familiar with prowler but dang is there a ton to learn there.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Making a gathering/transport set is absolutely imperative for the collection quests in GU, it grossly reduces your time spent on those quests.

Nah just use a cat.

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Holy shit. It's this Friday?!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    What's this Friday? I know not what you speak :P Reviews look universally praiseful.

• Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

Nah just use a cat.

I always forget that's a thing. Yes.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    so uh
    my partner and i went momentarily insane and bought a ps4 for our anniversary.

i guess i'm gonna start playing MHW tonight?? is greatsword still good?

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    so uh
    my partner and i went momentarily insane and bought a ps4 for our anniversary.

i guess i'm gonna start playing MHW tonight?? is greatsword still good?

it's pretty great

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    This means one thing.

More guild management!

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    greatsword and longsword are probably the best melee weapons in mhw

• Options
    Do we know at what time the game unlocks in the U.S.? All I see is "Midnight for your region" but I don't know if that will be Pacific/Eastern/Central or what.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Crap...guess this means I should put in my application for the Group...Guild...whatever it's called on console.

I mean, I'm still at HR13 on console because I'm trying to grind out HR kirins to get at least some level of parity with my PC hunter arsenal (which required stocking up on Rathalos/Azure Rath weapons (which required stocking up on Legiana weapons))...basically, I've been using my hour or so breaks between work projects to gear up on my PS4 hunter.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Holy shit. It's this Friday?!

Uh... nope, not remotely ready for it. Astral Chain <3

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    My PS4 just started downloading the update. Grab it now if you have a slow connection, it's 34GB.

• Options
    My PS4 just started downloading the update. Grab it now if you have a slow connection, it's 34GB.

Holy shit. It's not even a preload of Iceborne. This is the global MHW update.

Yes, I just fired up my PS4 and noticed that it was downloading a MHW: Iceborne update...when I haven't bought Iceborne (yet).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Do we know at what time the game unlocks in the U.S.? All I see is "Midnight for your region" but I don't know if that will be Pacific/Eastern/Central or what.

12AM EST/9PM PST/Uh somewhere in the middle if you live... somewhere in the middle
    Erlkönig wrote: »
    Crap...guess this means I should put in my application for the Group...Guild...whatever it's called on console.

...This game has guilds?!

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    Erlkönig wrote: »

...This game has guilds?!

It matters more on console, but yes. Squads. When you join a Squad, you're able to search for and join other Squadmembers' sessions. On PC, it's tied to Steam Groups...but it's missing the Search for Squad Session function (which removes most all of the reasons to even be in a Squad in the first place).

• Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Major Sub species spoiler
    You have been warned
    Seething Bazelgeuse

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    I’m still a bit puzzled on the enormous delay between console and PC, especially since it looked like the updates were catching up.

Until then, I’ll live vicariously through you console players.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Beezel wrote: »
    You have been warned
    Seething Bazelgeuse

i like how they pixelated him like is an anonymous source

also Arrekz posted a video about some of the new set bonus stuff
    apparently some of the new set bonuses allow you to go above the level cap of armor skills. Brachy armor for instance lets you go up to agitator lvl 7

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    The one thing I disliked about the squad system is that there is no way to see if anyone is online. So sometimes you'll go to "Search squad sessions" and it'll say "None available, creating new sessions" because there's actually 16 people in the room and there's no room for you. I hope that's fixed.

Also, how do I get the guardian set? I got the notification that it was a gift but I searched my equipment box and it wasn't there.

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The one thing I disliked about the squad system is that there is no way to see if anyone is online. So sometimes you'll go to "Search squad sessions" and it'll say "None available, creating new sessions" because there's actually 16 people in the room and there's no room for you. I hope that's fixed.

Also, how do I get the guardian set? I got the notification that it was a gift but I searched my equipment box and it wasn't there.

Gotta talk to the housekeeper and redeem DLC item IIRC.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Can I speak on how the early access or 'review copy' of these kind of games just really fucking ruins the premise of the game releases? People used to be fined and their content wiped for showing off content early, but nowadays people like TeaWrex or Maximilian_Dood will be playing it this afternoon ahead of everyone else.

Not for review, but because someone kissed Capcom's ass and can now get an arbitrary head start for content for their 700k followers. Early access used to have valid reasons and rules applied to the access. Now it just caters to whatever streamer juggernaut wants free privilege.

It's getting kinda fucking awful.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Can I speak on how the early access or 'review copy' of these kind of games just really fucking ruins the premise of the game releases? People used to be fined and their content wiped for showing off content early, but nowadays people like TeaWrex or Maximilian_Dood will be playing it this afternoon ahead of everyone else.

Not for review, but because someone kissed Capcom's ass and can now get an arbitrary head start for content for their 700k followers. Early access used to have valid reasons and rules applied to the access. Now it just caters to whatever streamer juggernaut wants free privilege.

it was absolutely infuriating when they did this with dark souls 3

a lot of the fun of playing that in launch is just that nobody has a fucking clue about anything. just completely tanks the entire concept community discovery

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »

a lot of the fun of playing that in launch is just that nobody has a fucking clue about anything. just completely tanks the entire concept community discovery

at least according to Arrekz, he got a early copy, but was only allowed to publicize up to a certain point. sure he can still make content but can't release it early

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    mts wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »

at least according to Arrekz, he got a early copy, but was only allowed to publicize up to a certain point. sure he can still make content but can't release it early

Yeah. Let me qualify my comment by saying I don't blame streamers for playing it early, it is how they make their living. But there's a difference between getting a free copy to guarantee playing it, and getting early access to guarantee content before the rest of the gaming peasants can play. THAT... is bullshit.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    Is it really something worth getting angry at though? :/

They're like an insanely small minority, and they're playing ahead by a few days at most. How do you even enforce physical copies not getting out before? All I know about the game right now is from the official channels, I just don't go into the MH related reddit/twitter spaces and read everything.

• Options
    edited September 2019
    This is Capcom's best selling game... EVER. They don't need more marketing in that manner, but they're doing it anyway. That's my big issue with it.

We can't sit around and yell at companies like Ubisoft and EA for selling tiered versions of their games with early access as a reward, and then turn around and say that Capcom throwing early access to popular streamers for free is A-OK.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    But that's the point, there's no real early access for MH so nobody is really losing out. Are we going to get upset about movie screenings as well?

Capcom gets free publicity from these guys pretty much, so let them at it, I don't see how this diminishes my personal enjoyment of the game. I don't think it's even comparable to Ubi's tiered games.

• Options
    Bought a copy of MHW for a friend who had it on their Steam wish list. Hopefully they end up enjoying the game. Gonna play some with them this weekend hopefully.

• Options
    TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    You have been warned
    Seething Bazelgeuse
    It went nuclear.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    TNTrooper wrote: »
    You have been warned
    Seething Bazelgeuse
    It went nuclear.
    Following in Brachy's footsteps I see

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Saldonas wrote: »
    Bought a copy of MHW for a friend who had it on their Steam wish list. Hopefully they end up enjoying the game. Gonna play some with them this weekend hopefully.

After the past couple weeks of crunch time, I'd be down with helping slaughterresearch Monster Hunter World critters.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    as someone who just started World, i have spent most of my game time wandering around, lost in ancient forest.
    it took me 35 minutes to find those stupid gourmet shroomcaps!
    eventually all this absurd detail will make sense to me.

the rest of my playtime has been spent smashing great jagras, that weird albino velocidrome, and pukei in ~5 min.

is there a bulljaggi armor equivalent for LR? i found bone chest's attack up S already.

• Options
    Ancient Forest never stops being confusing, even 400 hours in. I think it's very well designed in that sense, really feels like a live forest. I think Anjanath armor has a few attack+ points? You can sort armor by skills when visiting the Smithy, it's a great QoL change.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Oh man. I dont know if i can wait for this to come out on pc. Do I really want to get it now for ps4 and buy it again in another 3 months?