Options

[Monster Hunter] Squad sub leaders!

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    Oh man. I dont know if i can wait for this to come out on pc. Do I really want to get it now for ps4 and buy it again in another 3 months?

I'm afraid that it's what I'm going to do.

Although, in my case, I might be tempted to also pick it up on Xbone. I don't know what it is, but the game has been having some serious framerate issues with my PS4 Pro (with the "Prioritize Framerate" option selected)...and it's something that I don't see on the XboneX.

Erlkönig on
    | Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    I've seriously sunk 200 hours each on ps4 and pc. time to cost ratio its probably worth it. but the ps4 load times really kill me.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Rakeeth wrote: »
    I've seriously sunk 200 hours each on ps4 and pc. time to cost ratio its probably worth it. but the ps4 load times really kill me.

It just incentivizes you to not skip watching dancing palicos as they make you delicious looking food!

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    that anjanoth story quest took me about 30 minutes.
    ...the rathalos distracted me. it's such a fun fight! i prefer it to the jho skeleton, so i fought it first instead.

i am probably the greediest creature alive.

• Options
    Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    So it begins......wooooo! So excited!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    Ancient Forest never stops being confusing, even 400 hours in. I think it's very well designed in that sense, really feels like a live forest. I think Anjanath armor has a few attack+ points? You can sort armor by skills when visiting the Smithy, it's a great QoL change.

I still get lost in ancient forest. It all blends together and I can't see paths. I also have issues seeing breakable terrain like the rocks in elder recess

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    Ok this is really good. Played about 2 hours and enjoyed it all the way.

They do need to let you know that weapons get new moves though, I didn't see any mention of it.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    How does the new grapple really work? I looked at it a bit in the beta/demo but didn't grok it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    How does the new grapple really work? I looked at it a bit in the beta/demo but didn't grok it.

L2/LT to go into slinger, press R3/Right Stick in to toggle between slinger ammo and grapple. then it works just like shooting the slinger, except it will shoot the grapple. moving around the monster once you're on there is just like a normal mount except you're much more likely to get knocked off (and don't bother grappling on when its enraged except if its downed/stunned/have rocksteady on)

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    If say a monster is hugging a wall on its right side, grapple it’s head and blast your slinger into the left side it will bounce into the wall and fall over.

Also the claw attack on O is great for weakening a area.

This is fantastic so far! Things getting steamy! :)

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    As an insect glaiver I think I'll just be completely ignoring the grapple until I start rotating weapons again.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    how do you actually forge new layered armor? only the old shit shows up at the smith.

• Options
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

There's a very good tutorial given to you once you pass the first or 2nd mission in Iceborne, you can also now add slinger shots into your combos.

Specifically for IG, you can now powerup your kinsect with slinger ammo.

https://youtu.be/7hGW8Mz7M9s?t=55

Satsumomo on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    In the middle of a critical incident at work and then I will probably sleep. I won't be able to get on for quite a bit.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
  • Options
    Yeah I squealed a bit when I saw the option.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I bought the PS4 and PC versions of this, but I'm not sure I want to go through that again.

Kind of a bummer that they still can't line up these releases. I guess I should be happy that it's a global release, at least. Baby steps.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Lance claw counter, so good.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Elendil wrote: »
    Having no luck with my own googling, how's it done?

• Options
    cB557 wrote: »
    (it's not)

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    (it's not)

Aw piss and vinegar, that's the pits!

PC mods here I come!

In January!

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    DeansDeans Registered User regular
    Yeah looks like all they did was move Layered Armor acquisition from the research station to the Smithy and gave the Smithy misleading lines about forging more. Big bummer.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Fuck, I really wanted to be able to run around in Pukei armor without having shit stats.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Fuck, I really wanted to be able to run around in Pukei armor without having shit stats.
    You can't use 99% of the armor pieces to craft a unique look to help you get further invested in your character but hey, atleast you can make them put on a goofy suit and top hat or other event gag outfits that feels horribly out of place when hunting.

Thats just as good, right?

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    You are all just jealous. You'd rather be triaging ymll files too. I know it.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    You can't use 99% of the armor pieces to craft a unique look to help you get further invested in your character but hey, atleast you can make them put on a goofy suit and top hat or other event gag outfits that feels horribly out of place when hunting.

Thats just as good, right?

Male hunters are somewhat better off, since their Brigade set looks like something you can hunt in rather than being a flight attendant.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Ended up getting it. Claw mount then shoot monster into wall is amazing.

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I'd like the claw shot and the whole "use it while your weapon is out" mechanic if it weren't so clunky to use as a bowgun user. With them you have to first hold L2 and click the right stick, then you can do L2 and circle. Well it's enough of a finicky juggling act that on multiple occasions I have instead loaded my special ammo instead of firing the claw like I thought.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Can I comment on how broken they've made some of the Master level armor to make people wear them again? Master class Jagras armor has 4 attack boost levels. Four!! That's almost stupid good for a 1 star MC armor.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    I've been a retired Hunter for quite a while, but on a whim I picked up Iceborne. Good stuff so far! Had enough time to make some Beotodus armor before calling it a night.

I need to learn to claw mount, it didn't seem like it was doing much but I didn't really use it to its potential, I'm guessing.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Got my son started up with World on the PC last night. Decided I'll rock hammer while he learns to use longsword. Boy do I love that chunky damage. Ended up using it while I search for this mysterious missing 6* quest. I know it's one of the arena ones, possibly anjanath. I guess on multi monster hunts, you won't get credit to unlock them if you cap multiple monsters, or maybe captures don't give a guaranteed unlock or something.

I did a HR radobaan hunt with a build I grabbed online and capped him in like two minutes. It was just so ridiculous.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    I've been a retired Hunter for quite a while, but on a whim I picked up Iceborne. Good stuff so far! Had enough time to make some Beotodus armor before calling it a night.

I need to learn to claw mount, it didn't seem like it was doing much but I didn't really use it to its potential, I'm guessing.

The real trick to pulling it off is that you want to get the monster to flinch first. That gives you the time to clamp on and do what you want.

If the monster is active or worse enraged, most attempts you'll get knocked on your ass.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Noticed this as well when I used the character edit. There's a lot of alternate looks for the same hairstyle now, a decent amount of options.

Also they decided that hairstyles for non whites was okay now.

zxpt8srergqj.jpg

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    BilliardballBilliardball Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    It's nice that the first mission they send you on gives you the best layered armour so far.

Still no idea why they threw out GU's way better system, or utilise this new system more than barely at all, but a least this one set looks great.

Billiardball on
    Switch: SW-7948-4390-2014 / 3DS: 0688-5244-6057 / FF14: Salus Claro
  • Options
    Quiotu wrote: »
    Can I comment on how broken they've made some of the Master level armor to make people wear them again? Master class Jagras armor has 4 attack boost levels. Four!! That's almost stupid good for a 1 star MC armor.
    it seems weirdly good compared to other early master rank sets, which seem quite bad, similar to high rank

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Hmmmm the new piercing attack on IG is very good and I THINK the aerial advancing attack now also does mounting damage?

I dont know what the right play is once I've clutch clawed a monster still, though

And powering up my kinsect rules

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
  • Options
    it seems weirdly good compared to other early master rank sets, which seem quite bad, similar to high rank

You know what's more weird? Because Jagras armor is so much better, they don't let you hunt Great Jagras right away. It never shows up in the Ancient First in Expeditions.

It's a few missions in when you start getting tasks back at Astera that you're finally allowed to track him down. But for my playstyle... Jagras and Kulu are definitely the best starter armor in Iceborne. Kulu has Critical Eye level FIVE. I mean, holy shit.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2019

You know what's more weird? Because Jagras armor is so much better, they don't let you hunt Great Jagras right away. It never shows up in the Ancient First in Expeditions.

It's a few missions in when you start getting tasks back at Astera that you're finally allowed to track him down. But for my playstyle... Jagras and Kulu are definitely the best starter armor in Iceborne. Kulu has Critical Eye level FIVE. I mean, holy shit.

I'm using the starter set that Arekkz recommends in this video but with some differences.
    I end up with 7 attack, 3 health boost, 3 crit eye, 3 weakness exploit, 2 crit boost, 2 speed eating. 1 handicraft, 1 evade extender, 1 non-elemboost.
    its kind of crazy how good it is for how easy it is to farm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZkFEUH_0h4

Rakeeth on