As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW Classic] More full servers than Live.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    i had my best organic group to-date last night

we had the ogre quest in Feralas (alliance side). got to 5 men, we all waited for the last person to get theirs filled (Horde were competing for the spawns), then we all got the homing beacon chicken quest and finished that

but we were all playing at roughly the same speed and knew what to do so... you just never saw so many ogres die so quickly. we didn't even have a healer, we just pulled the entire area and zerged it all down

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Still workshoping names for the potential Pagle Horde guild.

A few potential examples are Blades of the Witchalok, Day For Night, or Portentous Axiom

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    It's weird how much comes back to you after so long of not playing it. I rolled into ratchet the other day and went out into the world and things felt off because I was used to how the zone was organized for cata. Like shit was still in roughly the same place but all the bad guys were every which way compared to where they are on retail.

Rolling up on the dunemaul dudes and seeing the piles of poop everywhere was A+.

I still can't wait to get to ungoro, that was one of my favorite zones. And I'm approaching some of my favorite dungeons, BRD and ST. I'm excited.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MercadeMercade Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Still workshoping names for the potential Pagle Horde guild.

A few potential examples are Blades of the Witchalok, Day For Night, or Portentous Axiom

Sixteen Totems

I do like Blades of the Witchalok.

Mercade on
    Switch: SW-1909-0466-9585
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Obsidian Spur, might be another good one

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    It's weird how much comes back to you after so long of not playing it. I rolled into ratchet the other day and went out into the world and things felt off because I was used to how the zone was organized for cata. Like shit was still in roughly the same place but all the bad guys were every which way compared to where they are on retail.

Rolling up on the dunemaul dudes and seeing the piles of poop everywhere was A+.

I still can't wait to get to ungoro, that was one of my favorite zones. And I'm approaching some of my favorite dungeons, BRD and ST. I'm excited.

I anticipate that Un'goro is a hated zone for most so it's probably a good zone to go to.

That seems to be the name of the game: Where does the curve really hate it? Go there.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Un’goro is awesome. Getting snuck up on by what is essentially a T-Rex and getting destroyed is a rite of passage.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I anticipate that Un'goro is a hated zone for most so it's probably a good zone to go to.

That seems to be the name of the game: Where does the curve really hate it? Go there.

Yeah that's what I'm doing but I think a lot of people are sharing that information with guildies and friends because I hit up the badlands and feralas since no one was there... then the next few hours I'd start running into dozens of people pretty consistently.

Maybe this is something that server phasing stuff is addressing by itself, if so, fuck off server phasing.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Can the Ravager spinning proc cause windfury weapon to go off as well?

Also, should I wait till 40 to start rolling need on mail gear in SM?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'd definitely wait until you're 40 to hit Need.

I just ask the party if they mind, especially if I'm seeing everyone else hitting Greed. I picked up some Mail greens from RFD last night because the warriors were nearly/at level 40 and I asked the group if it was okay to take it, letting them know I was definitely throwing it in my bank for a day or two.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Thawmus wrote: »

I always liked Un'goro. I'm a real sucker for "a jungle where one isn't supposed to be" settings. Also, it's one of the places you can leap off a Tanaris cliff while levitating and float just about to the middle of the zone Mary Poppins style. But it really helps to go in prepared, since getting in and out of the zone is a hike. There are some quest mats you need to carry, and the zone has a lot of collecting, so absolutely stripping your inventory helps a lot.

Does the new engine mean the Devilsaurs don't magically appear the moment before they aggro you? That will kind of take some of the fun out of it. But at least the tiny little puddles will still dismount me every 10 seconds.

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    Can the Ravager spinning proc cause windfury weapon to go off as well?

Also, should I wait till 40 to start rolling need on mail gear in SM?

Yeah “need for later” is definitely something to ask about if you dont want to cause some drama.

• Options
    I am feeling kind of demoralized by all the layering cheating going on and all these level 60s with full BiS gear.

And yea, I am gonna ask ahead of time if people mind if I need on mail gear that no one needs. Hopefully I can have some solid gear by 40 since I wont have a mount.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    for a laugh i tried to watch a classic wow stream and randomly picked this quin guy

dear god what the fuck is wrong with this dude, he's playing ret in classic (badly), getting gear funneled to him and raging if that doesn't happen, and being a toxic arse who barely concentrates on the game and is more interested in reading chat when he's supposed to be contributing in raids

delete twitch

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I can't be demoralized by anyone having any kind of endgame headstart right now, because I was never going to be in the same league as them anyway.

I am still enjoying earning the money to get exciting gear because upgrades while leveling in Vanilla meant something. Even with keeping up with that I have about 3g at level 19.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Levelling upgrades being meaningful is one of those examples as to how sometimes what is seemingly nothing but inconvenience has positive effects on gameplay.

Upgrades while levelling in Classic are meaningful because killing mobs takes a long time, and levelling itself takes a really long time. So any gear upgrades you get will both have a noticeable impact on your kill speed, and more importantly will also be used for a while.

All of these gear upgrades are available in retail too, but it doesn't feel as great to get a cool blue weapon from Scarlet Monastery on retail because it's impact on kill speed is relatively minor since it's already so fast, and you'll out-level the weapon in a few hours, not a few weeks. One thing leads to the other.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I feel like it's gotta be a very small percentage of people that are doing this shit, and it only feels like it's all the top level players because of the twitch effect

I'm not sweating some groups killing Ragnaros already, I'm level 45 and loving it vOv

• Options
    BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    If you’re killing Rag right now this game won’t have a whole lot of longevity for you.

Logging in for the new phases is possible, but idk. Isn’t there a ton of resist gear farming between now and then? Or has modern innovation made that unnecessary?

That was my least favorite part of vanilla

PSN: thewheelz
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Obsidian Spur, might be another good one

I am probably going to use my horde guild's name and my bank guild's name for the alliance as there are no better ones

• Options
    Bubs wrote: »
    If you’re killing Rag right now this game won’t have a whole lot of longevity for you.

Logging in for the new phases is possible, but idk. Isn’t there a ton of resist gear farming between now and then? Or has modern innovation made that unnecessary?

That was my least favorite part of vanilla

Resist isn't necessary. The first guild to kill Rag and Ony were a mix of level 35-60 players. All the information we have now makes fights a lot easier which is why I constantly question these PuG MC raids requiring people to have pre raid BiS gear.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    You can't zone in to Mc until 55. I feel like ony is similar? I think that report saying 35 was wrong

• Options
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Levelling upgrades being meaningful is one of those examples as to how sometimes what is seemingly nothing but inconvenience has positive effects on gameplay.

Upgrades while levelling in Classic are meaningful because killing mobs takes a long time, and levelling itself takes a really long time. So any gear upgrades you get will both have a noticeable impact on your kill speed, and more importantly will also be used for a while.

All of these gear upgrades are available in retail too, but it doesn't feel as great to get a cool blue weapon from Scarlet Monastery on retail because it's impact on kill speed is relatively minor since it's already so fast, and you'll out-level the weapon in a few hours, not a few weeks. One thing leads to the other.

Another thing I was thinking is a huge factor, is how throughput stats are not a guarantee on gear. Especially while leveling. Like, you need to consider every aspect of each stat. Since leveling means kill speed, survivability, and reducing downtime. Especially for casters, gaining damage from equipment is often rare. But, things like factoring in spirit reducing downtime and thus, increasing kill speed, or taking agi for additional dodge and armor are actual considerations. In BFA, EVERY piece has offensive stats in the main stat which is basically a carbon copy for all types of class. It only comes down to which flavor of dps increase you get in secondaries.

So like, you could have a ton of stam on your gear currently which is nice. But then something with STR shows up and you can consider it a raw upgrade because killing speed. But maybe that extra health saves you from a few deaths which is clearly downtime. Also, that extra damage is sexy, but how often does it kill something in less hits? None of that matters in BFA, let alone is never a decision to make.

I think that also contributes heavily to gear mattering. There are choices to make dynamically.

• Options
    i think if you zoned a 35 into ony, she would aggro wall the way to the portal in

so obviously, this needs to be introduced immediately

• Options
    Requiring pre-raid bis for MC is just tryhard bullshit. If your MT has adequate FR, the rest of the raid can be in full “of the X” gear and you’ll still blow right through it.

• Options
    I thought going in through BRD got around the level restriction?
    Mercade wrote: »
    Requiring pre-raid bis for MC is just tryhard bullshit. If your MT has adequate FR, the rest of the raid can be in full “of the X” gear and you’ll still blow right through it.

Absolutely, which is why I find it silly to require that.

• Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Minimum level for brd is like 42

Edit: from what I can find now

crimsoncoyote on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Being 35 in BRD is going to bring the whole place down on you just from proximity aggro. No point in being there at that level either. I don't think you can even learn to smelt dark iron at that level, besides the trainer being all the way at the end of the instance.

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I did it! I hit 60! I beat the game and I can stop playing now.

Or is this where the game starts?

• Options
    EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    Mercade wrote: »

The guild who did it first in classic had like 20 lvl 60s and a bunch of people below 60. They certainly didn't have BiS, they werent even 60. It's all faceroll, you just need people to show up basically and have 5-10 people actually do stuff.

• Options
    The amount of time my guild spent gearing up and learning MC makes me embarrassed now if pre 60s can do it, lol. Ugh, I guess it was serious business back in the day, but now?

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    I did it! I hit 60! I beat the game and I can stop playing now.

Or is this where the game starts?

Yes.

• Options
    Krieghund wrote: »
    The amount of time my guild spent gearing up and learning MC makes me embarrassed now if pre 60s can do it, lol. Ugh, I guess it was serious business back in the day, but now?

Yea, it all seems super pointless. I was in vodka for a while and I quit because some dude went on a rant about how I was wasting time and such because I wanted a skullforge reaver.

If only he knew how stupid he was then.

My friend that got me in did get two skullforge reavers and did out dps everyone his rogue to prove a point so maybe he already felt that stupidity.

• Options
    I will say that my guild was pretty laissez-faire about specs. I was an elemental shaman all the way to TBC, including our Naxx and AQ progression. I know we had a feral druid and some other off specs running around. Good to know that it wasn't necessary to force specs anyway.

• Options
    If I ever step foot in MC I will likely do it as shadow. Make some warlocks happy I guess.

Did a dungeon for the first time WC run that kind of just went. Only issues were the final boss because he just trucks things with melee hits. Tank for some reason didn't agree with our let the voidwalker take the first hits strat, and then died right before we won (but no one else died). He got snippy about it after but hey, he woulda lived had he listened so it was his repair bill.

I was also pulling aggro with just SW:P and wands. Those meaty, meaty priest wands.

• Options
    we did an SM Armory/Cath farm tonight on Pagle w/ 2 warriors 2h berserker tanking.... one of the most insane things I've done in vanilla

the cleave was insane. very little downtime. huge damage. out-levelling dungeons is fun

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    whirlwind good

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    One of my favorite memories from vanilla was raiding as Feral Druid and winding up in the weird off spec group. With the 'bad' spec Warrior, Rogue and Hunter. And I think a Ret Paladin? We shared a ridiculous set of buffs and auras since we didn't have to worry about tanking or healing. It was amazing.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    I've managed to hit 35 on my shaman with about 24 gold. Not doing so hot there.

I do have skinning above 250, cooking at 225, fishing st 150, and mining at 168.

I'm having trouble staying focused in game lately.

• Options
    That sounds like a normal amount of money to me at 35. I had to borrow gold from a guildy to get my mount at 40. Not that I absolutely needed it, what with ghost wolf and all. Just think of all the fun it'll be getting the 1,000 gold for your epic mount!

This discussion has been closed.