[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

1434445464749»

Posts

  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I only recruited Sylvain.

    I have to kill so many of these kids :(

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Registered User regular
    We talking about Hubert in here?

    ef2f52a759067a251b8246cb886969dc30a9098c.png
    By albaharu!

    Hubert is not very good at projecting a friendly corporate brand

    Switch Friend Code: SW-0999-1072-9696
    Avatar art from Katribou
    WybornNaphtalinever dieAndy JoeKayne Red Robe
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I only recruited Sylvain.

    I have to kill so many of these kids :(

    If you want a hint about something related to this that's relevant right about now, open this spoiler:
    You can avoid killing a few of the kids early on; later that's not a thing

    When you see Lysithea, though? Send Edelgard or Byleth after her. Take her down with them. Trust me.

    dN0T6ur.png
    Gnizmo
  • TurambarTurambar Avocado at law Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I only recruited Sylvain.

    I have to kill so many of these kids :(

    If you want a hint about something related to this that's relevant right about now, open this spoiler:
    You can avoid killing a few of the kids early on; later that's not a thing

    When you see Lysithea, though? Send Edelgard or Byleth after her. Take her down with them. Trust me.

    Part 2 spoilers
    Oh, I didn't know you could recruit people in part 2 if you didn't first get them in part 1. Looking at sereneforest, I guess it's only Lysithea if you go the Crimson route

    In Crimson Flower, would you say it makes more sense to recruit Lysithea in part 1 or wait until you fight her in part 2?

    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I only recruited Sylvain.

    I have to kill so many of these kids :(

    If you want a hint about something related to this that's relevant right about now, open this spoiler:
    You can avoid killing a few of the kids early on; later that's not a thing

    When you see Lysithea, though? Send Edelgard or Byleth after her. Take her down with them. Trust me.

    Part 2 spoilers
    Oh, I didn't know you could recruit people in part 2 if you didn't first get them in part 1. Looking at sereneforest, I guess it's only Lysithea if you go the Crimson route

    In Crimson Flower, would you say it makes more sense to recruit Lysithea in part 1 or wait until you fight her in part 2?

    Honestly,
    Either works. Lysithea being swayed to join because she believes in Edelgard's goal works better, in some ways, than her joining your class because she likes you as a teacher, but then you don't get to have her around as long or support her with as many people!

    It's always good to invite her over to her real house

    dN0T6ur.png
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Lysithea
    when you recruit her depends on if you want to take on the Death Knight right away...although Hubert easily starts owning him later on, Lysithea will one-shot him from her first battle with him, she’s kind of ridiculous

  • Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Registered User regular
    Lysithea being the best at
    nuking the Death Knight
    is still incredibly funny to me.

  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 17
    I killed Leonie.

    Then the camera lingered on her corpse. Damn you game. DAMN YOU.

    Edit: It was like
    killing Jeralt all over again

    :(

    Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    On Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower now and I did manage to recruit Lysithea. Overall my slow grinding advance strategy has been paying off.

    Those paralogue battles are seriously harder than anything in the main storyline by far. One was basically the Oprah of Wyvern Riders. You get a wyvern and you get a wyvern, but wait look under your chairs... YOU ALL GET WYVERNS. Was a nightmare.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    On Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower now and I did manage to recruit Lysithea. Overall my slow grinding advance strategy has been paying off.

    Those paralogue battles are seriously harder than anything in the main storyline by far. One was basically the Oprah of Wyvern Riders. You get a wyvern and you get a wyvern, but wait look under your chairs... YOU ALL GET WYVERNS. Was a nightmare.

    Yeah, All Wyverns is a DLC level that came with Cindered Shadows. Those do tend to be a bit on the tougher side.

    But yeah, that map isn't fun when you, say, tend to rely heavily on squishy mages.

  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited May 21
    Wyvern Lords are just super strong in Three Houses. My Verdant Wind run was so much easier than my Crimson Flower run, in no small part due to me having 200% more fliers in my crew. Wyvern Lord Byleth is stupid good.

    Terrendos on
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    On Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower now and I did manage to recruit Lysithea. Overall my slow grinding advance strategy has been paying off.

    Those paralogue battles are seriously harder than anything in the main storyline by far. One was basically the Oprah of Wyvern Riders. You get a wyvern and you get a wyvern, but wait look under your chairs... YOU ALL GET WYVERNS. Was a nightmare.

    Yeah, All Wyverns is a DLC level that came with Cindered Shadows. Those do tend to be a bit on the tougher side.

    But yeah, that map isn't fun when you, say, tend to rely heavily on squishy mages.

    Isn't that also a cogent description of Edelgard's paralogue?

    dN0T6ur.png
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    On Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower now and I did manage to recruit Lysithea. Overall my slow grinding advance strategy has been paying off.

    Those paralogue battles are seriously harder than anything in the main storyline by far. One was basically the Oprah of Wyvern Riders. You get a wyvern and you get a wyvern, but wait look under your chairs... YOU ALL GET WYVERNS. Was a nightmare.

    Yeah, All Wyverns is a DLC level that came with Cindered Shadows. Those do tend to be a bit on the tougher side.

    But yeah, that map isn't fun when you, say, tend to rely heavily on squishy mages.

    Isn't that also a cogent description of Edelgard's paralogue?

    At least with Edelgard's paralogue, the enemy doesn't start practically on top of your team and they aren't Literally All Wyverns, so it's a bit more manageable.

    Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure Aegeri was talking about the Literally All Wyverns battle because that one's technically not a paralogue, just a side battle thing.

  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    On Chapter 16 of Crimson Flower now and I did manage to recruit Lysithea. Overall my slow grinding advance strategy has been paying off.

    Those paralogue battles are seriously harder than anything in the main storyline by far. One was basically the Oprah of Wyvern Riders. You get a wyvern and you get a wyvern, but wait look under your chairs... YOU ALL GET WYVERNS. Was a nightmare.

    Yeah, All Wyverns is a DLC level that came with Cindered Shadows. Those do tend to be a bit on the tougher side.

    But yeah, that map isn't fun when you, say, tend to rely heavily on squishy mages.

    Isn't that also a cogent description of Edelgard's paralogue?

    At least with Edelgard's paralogue, the enemy doesn't start practically on top of your team and they aren't Literally All Wyverns, so it's a bit more manageable.

    Although now that I think about it, I'm not sure Aegeri was talking about the Literally All Wyverns battle because that one's technically not a paralogue, just a side battle thing.

    There were sufficient Wyverns that I felt my description was accurate.

    Knowing there is ANOTHER Oprah Winfrey Wyvern battle has me doing quite the concern.

    I am almost finished Crimson Flower now and I cannot wait to play the DLC then go through Blue Lions.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Was that the Shamir/Alois paralogue against the Almyran pirates?

    WhippyAegeri
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited May 23
    I must have missed a lot of the backstory on the Church in the Black Eagles run (up to the Holy Tomb spoilers):
    After I go into the Holy Tomb to talk to the goddess (who is merged with me already, but seems we kept that to ourselves) Edalgard shows up and bwhaha, dragon Church lady, which made no sense at all. Flame Emperor is allied with the evil murderers, the Church only had vague hints of being slightly not perfect to the point I can't recall what was bad about them other than your father took off awhile ago. And it's not like Rhea went dragon for funsies she was defending everyone and the tomb. The other side has freaking demons. But meh, I had supports with the Black Eagles so sure, down with the Church!

    I talked to everyone every month and still this is really going sideways for me. Maybe I didn't do enough side battles or maybe it'll make more sense when I do the other 2 houses.

    Xeddicus on
    "For no one - no one in this world can you trust. Not men. Not women. Not beasts...this you can trust."
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I don’t think you missed anything, at least there’s not a big plot point about the church by that point. Just the Western Church thing and Rhea being a little ... off?

    What you should be getting is indirect info from the students and paralogues about the crest system being waaay not cool, and it being held up by the Church

    WotanAnubis
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I don’t think you missed anything, at least there’s not a big plot point about the church by that point. Just the Western Church thing and Rhea being a little ... off?

    What you should be getting is indirect info from the students and paralogues about the crest system being waaay not cool, and it being held up by the Church

    Also there's the backstory bit that caused Lonato's rebellion.
    You know, the bit where apparently the Church has assumed the power to march its army into a supposedly sovereign nation and execute its citizens.

    But that little factoid is just kind of thrown out there by Catherine and gets lost easily.

    Captain InertiaNaphtaliTerrendos
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Anyone who is using words like “purge” and “burn heretics at the stake” might have some issues.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    PinfeldorfKayne Red Robe
  • SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    edited May 26
    I just read the Abyss library entries (online) as I didn't realize they were in the main game after beating the DLC (I searched in the area confusedly during the DLC)

    Wow, uh
    So Rhea suppressed not just medical science but also the fucking printing press eh

    A lot of interesting lore. Great that it doesn't conflict with my existing theories..

    SilverWind on
    signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I finished Crimson Flower.

    Holy shit that last battle is a 150% increase in difficulty from almost nowhere.

    I felt it was a very good ending though and that the actions of a certain person fully confirmed that I was right. On the other hand
    Catherine, I am beyond disappointed in you

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    WotanAnubisph blakenever diePinfeldorf
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I must have missed a lot of the backstory on the Church in the Black Eagles run (up to the Holy Tomb spoilers):
    After I go into the Holy Tomb to talk to the goddess (who is merged with me already, but seems we kept that to ourselves) Edalgard shows up and bwhaha, dragon Church lady, which made no sense at all. Flame Emperor is allied with the evil murderers, the Church only had vague hints of being slightly not perfect to the point I can't recall what was bad about them other than your father took off awhile ago. And it's not like Rhea went dragon for funsies she was defending everyone and the tomb. The other side has freaking demons. But meh, I had supports with the Black Eagles so sure, down with the Church!

    I talked to everyone every month and still this is really going sideways for me. Maybe I didn't do enough side battles or maybe it'll make more sense when I do the other 2 houses.

    For me, here is where I came to dislike them very quickly:
    The constant references to purging and burning heretics who disagree with them at the stake. There felt like a drastic lack of any kind of empathy or mercy from her, especially in regards to the guy who rebels as the Church executed his son. Even many of the students commented on how uncomfortable they were fighting civilian militia.

    A lot of the skeevy vibe that Rhea gave off to me during the game. For example, when you finish the level with the guy who stole the lance of ruin, which turned him into a daemon the whole "lol don't mention the daemon thing to anyone okay" was incredibly suspect to me.

    There is some lore about the Church murdering and generally purging anyone they disagreed with. Like if you want to get murdered, just disagree with the Church to some extent!

    Plus during the Black Eagles run
    Edelgard also talks a lot about how unfair the current system is, particularly regarding crests and the way the church controls everything - especially how murder happy they are.

    Minding, I do know once you make certain choices some people are then just as purge happy afterwards. Le Sigh.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • never dienever die Registered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I finished Crimson Flower.

    Holy shit that last battle is a 150% increase in difficulty from almost nowhere.

    I felt it was a very good ending though and that the actions of a certain person fully confirmed that I was right. On the other hand
    Catherine, I am beyond disappointed in you
    I had Shamir kill Catherine in my Crimson Flower run. The cold, bitter way they talked to each other was heartwrenching.

    And in the Crimson Flower run? Fuck Catherine. She chooses very poorly, and will not abandon the woman who is using her. Even when she burns down a city of innocents they were supposed to be protecting.

    Grey Ghost
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Catherine's support with Caspar is, uhm, eye-opening. I guess one could say that in Crimson Flower Catherine at least sticks to her principles until the very end.

    Naphtalinever die
  • PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Realtor Santa ClaritaRegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I must have missed a lot of the backstory on the Church in the Black Eagles run (up to the Holy Tomb spoilers):
    After I go into the Holy Tomb to talk to the goddess (who is merged with me already, but seems we kept that to ourselves) Edalgard shows up and bwhaha, dragon Church lady, which made no sense at all. Flame Emperor is allied with the evil murderers, the Church only had vague hints of being slightly not perfect to the point I can't recall what was bad about them other than your father took off awhile ago. And it's not like Rhea went dragon for funsies she was defending everyone and the tomb. The other side has freaking demons. But meh, I had supports with the Black Eagles so sure, down with the Church!

    I talked to everyone every month and still this is really going sideways for me. Maybe I didn't do enough side battles or maybe it'll make more sense when I do the other 2 houses.

    For me, here is where I came to dislike them very quickly:
    The constant references to purging and burning heretics who disagree with them at the stake. There felt like a drastic lack of any kind of empathy or mercy from her, especially in regards to the guy who rebels as the Church executed his son. Even many of the students commented on how uncomfortable they were fighting civilian militia.

    A lot of the skeevy vibe that Rhea gave off to me during the game. For example, when you finish the level with the guy who stole the lance of ruin, which turned him into a daemon the whole "lol don't mention the daemon thing to anyone okay" was incredibly suspect to me.

    There is some lore about the Church murdering and generally purging anyone they disagreed with. Like if you want to get murdered, just disagree with the Church to some extent!

    Plus during the Black Eagles run
    Edelgard also talks a lot about how unfair the current system is, particularly regarding crests and the way the church controls everything - especially how murder happy they are.

    Minding, I do know once you make certain choices some people are then just as purge happy afterwards. Le Sigh.

    But Aegeri, who did you marry?

  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited May 29
    Catherine is pure, uncut police—well-written, it's intended that she be police

    But man, sometimes she's genuinely chilling

    Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
    LordSolarMachariusDidgeridooPinfeldorf
  • AegeriAegeri Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I must have missed a lot of the backstory on the Church in the Black Eagles run (up to the Holy Tomb spoilers):
    After I go into the Holy Tomb to talk to the goddess (who is merged with me already, but seems we kept that to ourselves) Edalgard shows up and bwhaha, dragon Church lady, which made no sense at all. Flame Emperor is allied with the evil murderers, the Church only had vague hints of being slightly not perfect to the point I can't recall what was bad about them other than your father took off awhile ago. And it's not like Rhea went dragon for funsies she was defending everyone and the tomb. The other side has freaking demons. But meh, I had supports with the Black Eagles so sure, down with the Church!

    I talked to everyone every month and still this is really going sideways for me. Maybe I didn't do enough side battles or maybe it'll make more sense when I do the other 2 houses.

    For me, here is where I came to dislike them very quickly:
    The constant references to purging and burning heretics who disagree with them at the stake. There felt like a drastic lack of any kind of empathy or mercy from her, especially in regards to the guy who rebels as the Church executed his son. Even many of the students commented on how uncomfortable they were fighting civilian militia.

    A lot of the skeevy vibe that Rhea gave off to me during the game. For example, when you finish the level with the guy who stole the lance of ruin, which turned him into a daemon the whole "lol don't mention the daemon thing to anyone okay" was incredibly suspect to me.

    There is some lore about the Church murdering and generally purging anyone they disagreed with. Like if you want to get murdered, just disagree with the Church to some extent!

    Plus during the Black Eagles run
    Edelgard also talks a lot about how unfair the current system is, particularly regarding crests and the way the church controls everything - especially how murder happy they are.

    Minding, I do know once you make certain choices some people are then just as purge happy afterwards. Le Sigh.

    But Aegeri, who did you marry?

    Dorothea.

    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    JansonTerrendosSilverWindPinfeldorf
Sign In or Register to comment.