As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fire Emblem Three Houses] happy goddamn deduesday my dudes

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    Listen, nobody cares about dogs, tell me the important stuff

can you pet the precious kitty cats

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Or Dorothea cause she’s single and likes to mingle

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Oh snap Jeritza is handsome af

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Does Jeritza/Anna just join up, or do you have to do a paralogue or something for each

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Does Jeritza/Anna just join up, or do you have to do a paralogue or something for each

According to the patch notes you need to do a paralogue for Anna but it doesn't specify for Jeritza
    Didgeridoo wrote: »

You can't pet either! But you can fawn over both and give them treats

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »
    Jeritza only has supports with the Byleths + Mercedes, which is kinda disappointing, but him being a (hopefully not platonic) S support option for Boyleth is nice.

Jeritza still has one more Support chain than I'd been expecting.

Although I really would've liked it if he also had Supports with Manuela and Caspar.

And Edelgard!

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    We can set the in-battle appearance of each unit to match their appearance in the monastery; it's no longer locked to certain classes (may not work with mounted units, owing to the horses and wyverns and all).

That's a much better quality change than I thought we'd end up getting. Now Edelgard can always have the Armored Lord appearance and I don't have to put her into the much less cool Emperor outfit, ever. I hope she keeps the Armored Lord outfit even when mounted; it'd be a great look for a Wyvern Lord

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

According to the patch notes you need to do a paralogue for Anna but it doesn't specify for Jeritza

You can't pet either! But you can fawn over both and give them treats

Anna requires a quest, but not a paralogue or even a battle. It is pretty simple to knock out as well. My run was at chapter 5 and got her right away with no problem. No clue on Jeritza as I am not close to a Crimson Sky run at the moment.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Jeritza was automatically on my roster, CF13
    Class = Death Knight, looks pretty much like a dark knight

All mounted classes look like battlefield attire only...I may not have checked all possibilities yet tho

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    So I'm not to a point where I can use Jeritza but I'm looking at some of his abilities and he seems like he could be a very good combat unit.

Crimson Flower/Jeritza spoilers
    So Jeritza's unique class is the Death Knight, and the master skill for the class is Counterattack, which lets him counter against enemies at any range—just like when he's an enemy unit. So he's the big Bolting killer, I suppose. More, he has Flying as a budding talent, so you could probably make him into a dodge tank that would kill the world to boot

His personal skill gives him +20 to hit when he initiates combat. And! He has Lysithea's personal skill, Mastermind, as an equippable ability. That's... strong.

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    FYI He joined at level 27 (my Byleth is 30) at chapter 13, looked like ok stats to me (I don’t know the relative stat rankings of each unit all that well though)

He still wants to kill me though :D

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    So with the news of Anna being recruitable, I've just had a friend who's played the other games tell me that Anna is in the other Fire Emblem games???

• Options
    So with the news of Anna being recruitable, I've just had a friend who's played the other games tell me that Anna is in the other Fire Emblem games???

what a bargin

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Yeah she's the Cid of Fire Emblem, just always shows up but is a different Anna each time.

Bummer that she doesn't have any Supports, though.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Strictly speaking it's not the same Anna. She's got infinite sisters who all look like her.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    She used to just be an NPC, but her star seems to be on the rise since she's been playable a lot recently.

tuqltpJ.jpg

She sometimes has a boyfriend called Jake but he gets a lot less press.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Strictly speaking it's not the same Anna. She's got infinite sisters who all look like her.

this is more confusing

• Options
    It's not like each Fire Emblem is in the same world, right, there's a few different settings?

Are the Annas the avatars of war, seeding the fields of battle with instruments of death

• Options
    DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    New theory, Anna is the self-insert narrator for all these tales as she travels from town to town relating the adventures of the mysterious Fire Emblem.

She changes it up each time she tells it, and the most recent few towns have had the listeners getting a little weirded out by how much of her story is dedicated to which characters hook up with one another

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    New theory, Anna is the self-insert narrator for all these tales as she travels from town to town relating the adventures of the mysterious Fire Emblem.

She changes it up each time she tells it, and the most recent few towns have had the listeners getting a little weirded out by how much of her story is dedicated to which characters hook up with one another

"Why does the one girl really liking fish matter to the story?"

"It just is, okay?!"

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    It's not like each Fire Emblem is in the same world, right, there's a few different settings?

Are the Annas the avatars of war, seeding the fields of battle with instruments of death

I believe that all off the various Fire Emblems are the same world at different times and locations. I don't have an awesome grasp of all the Fire Emblem lore. The level of connection between the game varies pretty dramatically, but there are a few elements that commonly carry over. I knew a few things about some of the church characters immediately upon seeing their hair color, for example. I guess it can be considered a spoiler so I won't expand, but I am 99% certain any veteran FE player knew what was up just as fast as I did.

• Options
  • Options
    DaypigeonDaypigeon Registered User regular

joke answer yes

Serious Lore Answer: when actually part of the story, they always end up vaguely or explicitly aligned with the player/protagonist alone, and are also strongly associated with good luck, so it's probably more like having a Good, But Kind of Obnoxious portent

the storm clears, a favorable wind blows, this weird lady shows up and tries to get you to buy a strange sword which she insists has been folded "thousands of times"

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

I believe that all off the various Fire Emblems are the same world at different times and locations. I don't have an awesome grasp of all the Fire Emblem lore. The level of connection between the game varies pretty dramatically, but there are a few elements that commonly carry over. I knew a few things about some of the church characters immediately upon seeing their hair color, for example. I guess it can be considered a spoiler so I won't expand, but I am 99% certain any veteran FE player knew what was up just as fast as I did.

I think like... half of the games take place in the same world? The rest are different - 6 and 7 are one, Sacred Stones is another, Tellius is yet another, Awakening is back to the original world, Fates is different, Three Houses is different.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    I've started to think of Anna as being a kind of weirdly mercantile fox spirit in disguise

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Gnizmo wrote: »

The connections between Fire Emblems:

FE1: Shadow Dragon and the Blade of Light started it.
    FE2: Gaiden is a story set on the continent to the west of that in FE1, and shares a couple characters.
    FE3: Mystery of the Emblem is a pseudo-remake plus sequel to FE1.
    FE4: Genealogy of the Holy War has loose connections to the previous games (mainly via Naga - the main god/dragon) which suggests it takes place before them, on a different continent.
    FE5: Thracia 776 is a more intimate game focusing on an event that happens during FE4.
    FE6: The Binding Blade is a new world with no overt connections to previous games.
    FE7: The Blazing Blade (unofficial nickname - released outside Japan as just Fire Emblem, and a closer translation being The Sword of Flame) is a direct prequel to FE6.
    FE8: The Sacred Stones is self contained.
    FE9: Path of Radiance has no overt connections to previous games.
    FE10: Radiant Dawn is a direct sequel to FE9.
    FE11: Shadow Dragon is a remake of FE1.
    FE12: New Mystery of the Emblem is a remake of FE3.
    FE13: Awakening is a sequel to FE3, but set ~2000 years afterwards so much has changed. Some references to other stories and characters via "Outrealm Gates".
    FE14: Fates: Birthright/Conquest/Revelation is a new universe, but has three characters directly continuing their story from Awakening (there via Outrealm Gate).
    FE15: Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is a remake of FE2.
    FE16: Three Houses is another new world, with no overt connections. (Though with many of the same tropes, like the mentioned hair colour.)

So, to group them:

[FE4 + FE5] -> [FE1 + FE11] -> [FE2 + FE15] -> [FE3 + FE12] ->->-> FE13 (~~> FE14)

FE7 -> FE6

FE8

FE9 -> FE10

FE16

• Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    FE6: The Binding Blade is a new world with no overt connections to previous games.
    FE7: The Blazing Blade (unofficial nickname - released outside Japan as just Fire Emblem, and a closer translation being The Sword of Flame) is a direct prequel to FE6.

Blazing Blades's official, actually, as of Heroes. Likewise Binding Blade, which was previously called Sword of Seals by the fanbase.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »

joke answer yes

Serious Lore Answer: when actually part of the story, they always end up vaguely or explicitly aligned with the player/protagonist alone, and are also strongly associated with good luck, so it's probably more like having a Good, But Kind of Obnoxious portent

the storm clears, a favorable wind blows, this weird lady shows up and tries to get you to buy a strange sword which she insists has been folded "thousands of times"

Anna might appear to be some kind of mischievous Spirit of War Profiteering, but as the one who usually run the Secret Shop that offers the most powerful, unique, and expensive items, if Anna tells you the strange sword she wants to sell you has been folded thousands of times, it probably has been folded thousands of times.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    There's always a city
    There's always an Anna
    There's always a lighthouse

• Options
    I want a Jeritza podcast talking about 19th century composers

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Catherine suddenly appears to not be wearing pants on the battlefield
    It's a version of the regular swordmaster outfit rather than her unique armor
    Has... anyone else seen this

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    look gg catherine was drinking a lot yesterday cut her some slack

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Trying to finally finish Golden Deer before Pokemon's release, up to Chapter 21:
    Thanks for making me feel like shit for not siding with Edelgard, game! Just stab me in the heart some more!

:'(

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    no no she is the one getting stabbed in the chest

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Trying to finally finish Golden Deer before Pokemon's release, up to Chapter 21:
    Thanks for making me feel like shit for not siding with Edelgard, game! Just stab me in the heart some more!

#EdelgardDidNothingWrong

...Yeah, the game really pulls at your heartstrings sometimes.

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Jeritza is really good, btw

Dmitri-level str, in the A tier for speed, def and res, average dex. Luck and Charm dump stats (he’s there with Fel/Hub/Lorenz as anti-charm dweebs).

Talents everywhere you want them. His class and abilities are S+ tier. Budding talent in flying gives him Darting Blow (!!!!), only non-Byleth dude who can get it (Byleth can only get it as a dude on NG+, too). I’m debating whether I want to keep him in his RP class or move to Wyv Lord...

His supports are hilarious....and disturbing.

I put him with Petra/Lys for top units.

I’m so sad I’ll only have him for CF.

I’d love to get like Judith/Nader, Rodrigue and Rhea as playable characters for their respective houses, along the way they made Jeritza.

Or
    Undead Jeralt

And/or a total evil fifth route with Solon/Kronya/Thales/
    Zombie Nemesis, Cornelia, Patricia

Captain Inertia on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Terrendos wrote: »

#EdelgardDidNothingWrong

...Yeah, the game really pulls at your heartstrings sometimes.

In contrast (GD start of chapter 22):
    Hey Rhea you did LOTS wrong!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Got so close to beating the final boss of GD on Hard/Classic, had no more Pulses left, sent Hilda in with a 76% chance to finish it off.

She whiffed.

The boss crit.

...soooooo let's try this whole fight over!

But yoooo that map is dope!

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Poor Killda, surprised she didn’t fake a cold and send Ignatz in her stead

Captain Inertia on