As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i like to watch the tv

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    We are getting our first dog (together, we both grew up with dogs) next month

Pit Bull city baybee

Dale!

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    My pick for a medium/small dog that is not super high energy would be a bassett. They are super fuckin' chilled out. They love walks as much as most dogs, of course, but they won't tromp around the house eating your shoes if they miss a morning.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »
    My pick for a medium/small dog that is not super high energy would be a bassett. They are super fuckin' chilled out. They love walks as much as most dogs, of course, but they won't tromp around the house eating your shoes if they miss a morning.

bassets can have a lot of medical problems

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular

Pit Bull city baybee

This dog better be called Worldwide

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited October 2019

Pit Bull city baybee

This dog better be called Worldwide

Or Featuring Ludacris

mrpaku on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    There's a bigass Marmaduke in my apartment building

Whenever the dog goes out, the dog is on a leash, because leash laws. But the dog is a very good boy, and he carries the end of his leash in his mouth. He follows the law to the letter, if not the spirit.

• Options
    everybody get shelties

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    the only thing cuter than a bernese mountain dog is a baby bernese mountain dog

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I would love to get a big dumb dog if we ever got one

Right now it's kind of a no-go since we're out of the house most days and don't get back until late, but maybe when the kids get older and can take it for walks or something?

You wanna start with a medium or small dog especially if your kids will be walking them and they aren't used to dogs yet

or get a lab

labs are very good with kids

Ridgebacks, too.

• Options

Right now it's kind of a no-go since we're out of the house most days and don't get back until late, but maybe when the kids get older and can take it for walks or something?

You wanna start with a medium or small dog especially if your kids will be walking them and they aren't used to dogs yet

or get a lab

Ridgebacks, too.

ridgebacks can be extremely stubborn or aggressive

labs are just very good boys with everybody

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I dont approve of dogs with large muscles or intelligence

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Bernese puppies look super grumpy

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    look at these doofy furballs
    5749114097_19044a808b_b.jpg

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Bernese puppies look super grumpy

I love their stupid faces before they learn how to smile.
    SO SERIOUS AND ALSO CLUMSY.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Pit Bull city baybee

You're gonna have sore calves from the tail.

It's less a tail and more a steel cable they swing with abandon

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

or get a lab

Ridgebacks, too.

ridgebacks can be extremely stubborn or aggressive

labs are just very good boys with everybody

They're very intelligent so you have to train them well or they can be pushy around other dogs, but that's no different from any other intelligent breed.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I want a giant lazy dog like a great dane

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    There is a house a couple down from my mother's current place that has a full ass herd of Bernese. It's a big fenced in yard, and when you walk by (especially if you are walking with other dogs), the whole lot of them will come pouring out of the house and run alongside you barking the whole way.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I had a full conversation with my neighbor's 3 dogs the other day before I noticed my neighbor (that I've talked to once) was standing there

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've had a lot of bad dog park experiences with labradors, they can be pretty aggressive.

• Options
    Science should devise some sort of totally harmless animal companion you don't have to feed, a large mobile sponge that wicks moisture and nutrients out of the hot dense smog of tomorrowyear maybe

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I've literally never been afraid of a dog in my life. It is just not wired into me

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I've had a lot of bad dog park experiences with labradors, they can be pretty aggressive.

Maybe you're just not a good lab partner.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular

They're also bred as hunting dogs, and can get a scent in their head that they need to follow.
    I remember going for more than one drag when the one we had growing up decided that a squirrel or cat was more interesting than the normal walk route.

• Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    I do love flatcoated retrievers

They need a lot of exercise, though. And they loooove the water so you better not mind wet dog.

• Options
    I wasn't afraid of dog mouths until I got torn up by one so now I'm pretty suspicious of them even in the best circumstances like when the dog is heavily anaesthetised or I am wearing a comprehensive protective suit

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I fully promote beagles as good lazy dogs.
    see317 wrote: »

They're also bred as hunting dogs, and can get a scent in their head that they need to follow.
    I remember going for more than one drag when the one we had growing up decided that a squirrel or cat was more interesting than the normal walk route.

The cure for this is to have a man pop out of a sewer and scare the shit out of them whilenyoure on a walk. They'll never leave your side again

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I used to own an English Mastiff. I think he topped out at about 225 lbs.

ep2hk0le1l5z.jpg

He was a good dog.

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I fully promote beagles as good lazy dogs.

I had a beagle that was the laziest dog, but my current beagle mix is pretty active

She and my other dog (plott hound mix) have a dichotomy where if dog 1 is sleeping, dog 2 wants to play. If dog 2 is sleeping, dog 1 wants to play

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    THATS A GOOD BOY!!!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    My puppies as of 2 minutes ago

6neb1huxpdw2.jpg

• Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    We met a *massive* Leonberger outside an ice cream shop who gave immediate sloppy kisses to both of my bigger kids, then momentarily stopped to notice the baby I was holding before gently bounding forward to try to physically inhale him as the owner shouts "he's nice! he's nice!" and my baby giggles like Chewbacca is torturing him to death with snuggles

• Options

Medical problems are the only reason I haven't gotten a bulldog. I love bullies so much but they are just the worst when it comes to health issues.

• Options
    You mean an English Bulldog? Because other Bulldog breeds are not that bad. My current dog is an American bulldog and she's pretty darn healthy at 14 years old.

• Options

Medical problems are the only reason I haven't gotten a bulldog. I love bullies so much but they are just the worst when it comes to health issues.

my old dentist friggin loves bulldogs

he breeds them and used to have bulldog pictures and stuffies all over the office
    You mean an English Bulldog? Because other Bulldog breeds are not that bad. My current dog is an American bulldog and she's pretty darn healthy at 14 years old.

frenchies are the goodest of the bulldog boys

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Bassets also have ear and skin several conditions that can make them smell liked rotted meat no matter how much you bathe them.

• Options

I was under the impression it was all bullies. My friend had a female she bred a few times and that dog spontaneously died one night at 5 years old with zero health issues beforehand.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    Other bulldog breeds tend to do better. Average English bulldog life span is like ten years or less.

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I'm of the opinion that everyone should have a Saint Bernard in their life.

They're number one doggo.

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I've read about a newer breed they call the Olde English Bulldogge that's like a healthier version of the English Bulldog.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olde_English_Bulldogge

This discussion has been closed.