Options

i like to watch the tv

• Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    I watched the mandalorian episode 1. The people that made it need to lay off the meth.
    Macro9 wrote: »
    I can't find spectacular Spider-Man on Disney+

Gonna have to cancel this shit

Sony still owns it iirc

that sucks but at least they've got gargoyles

58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    That bracket is missing Homer's Enemy as well as The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson!

Boo that bracket!

I was saying Boo that bracket urns

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    2-7 traditionally. Up to 10 can be decent. 1 was rough with some gems

One is a very different show. It's not as fast paced or impeccably timed but it has a sincerity that gets lost eventually. The best season 2 episodes marry that and the thing the Simpsons would become known for.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    That bracket is missing Homer's Enemy as well as The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson!

Boo that bracket!

Also Cape Feare vs. You Only Move Twice against each other in the first round?

BULLSHIT

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    i find, over time, i have more and more affinity for the simpsons' first season

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Boo that bracket!

Also Cape Feare vs. You Only Move Twice against each other in the first round?

BULLSHIT

Yeah that's a mandatory opposite side of bracket situation if I ever saw one.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    So, our ipad is so old that we can't download the D+ app on it. QQ

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    All this new content out there and I decide I'm going to finally start Buffy

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular

Try to find some 2nd hand dvds or check the library. Buffy got cropped real rough because it was filmed 4:3 till like the last or first to last season.
    Still worth seeing if you haven’t. But if you’ve got the chance to watch it on dvd that’s better. Streaming and Blu-ray have the cropped versions.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    i find, over time, i have more and more affinity for the simpsons' first season

Its just weird to watch when you have the idea of what the animation becomes and what voices are supposed to sound like.

Listening to the actors work toward finding the voices is interesting.

• Options
    i have started a rewatch of baywatch nights

in the premiere of season two, the lifeguards fight a sea demon

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    i have started a rewatch of baywatch nights

in the premiere of season two, the lifeguards fight a sea demon

Oh, a Seamon

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

Try to find some 2nd hand dvds or check the library. Buffy got cropped real rough because it was filmed 4:3 till like the last or first to last season.
    Still worth seeing if you haven’t. But if you’ve got the chance to watch it on dvd that’s better. Streaming and Blu-ray have the cropped versions.

Like, you can clearly see the film crew and film equipment in shots now.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Streaming is my only option so I'm just going to deal with it.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »

Like, you can clearly see the film crew and film equipment in shots now.

I thought it was nuts when I first found out this happens

I guess I just assumed you'd shoot a show in the format it would be shown so you would just never pick up that stuff in camera

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Man it's alarmingly easy to sign up for the free year Disney+ through Verizon

anyway I guess we have Disney+ for the next year or so? We'll watch The Mandalorian at least.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Over 10mil subs yesterday https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/13/20963172/disney-plus-subscribers-10-million-star-wars-marvel-pixar-launch

More data in the article, TL;DR the app was downloaded over 3.2mil times, Mandalorian was streamed over 2mil times, the bundle with ESPN+ and Hulu was notably popular in the app store, and
    To put everything into additional context, analysts projected that Disney+ would have anywhere between 10-18 million subscribers in its first year. Disney has signed up more than half of those projected numbers in 24 hours.

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    oh yeah, I can watch the Mandalorian now!

I might do it!

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I guess thats cool but we already had the best friend guest star on Episodes so...

Bedlam on
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Small Mandalorian thing
    Having a bunch of bounties frozen in carbonite is like the quintessential Star Wars expanded universe thing

It happened in the movies once, so now it's the way it works all the time

Ultimately it doesn't even matter, it just made me laugh

• Options
    Anyone check out Jeff Goldblum's show yet?

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Masterful segue from the movie thread there

• Options
    tynic wrote: »
    Masterful segue from the movie thread there

Ugh... Don't remind me

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Small Mandalorian thing
    Having a bunch of bounties frozen in carbonite is like the quintessential Star Wars expanded universe thing

it really is the best way to transport a bounty though

keeps them safe and sound in there, and you don't have to set aside room for cells or worry about some dickhead who kept a hydrospanner in his butt popping the lock and causing a ruckus in your ship.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Mandalorian stuff continued
    Sure, it makes sense.

And maybe after Empire, when it first happened and they had to test that it wouldn't kill them, it caught on in popularity. That makes some sense.

But no matter how you explain it away, there's this very Star Wars Extended feel to it where they're cobbling together the rest of the universe solely through details from the movies, rather than imagining anything different.

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Mandalorian stuff continued
    Sure, it makes sense.

And maybe after Empire, when it first happened and they had to test that it wouldn't kill them, it caught on in popularity. That makes some sense.

But no matter how you explain it away, there's this very Star Wars Extended feel to it where they're cobbling together the rest of the universe solely through details from the movies, rather than imagining anything different.
    I was at least just happy that it was after Empire

I feel like a lot of pre-Empire EU stuff decided that was a whole thing, and that sucked

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Small Mandalorian thing

I’m trying to look past this because I hate it so much.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

I just started a rewatch this week!

We can be buffy-bros!

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options

I just started a rewatch this week!

We can be buffy-bros!

Yesssss

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    so, out of idle boredom, I watched High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

uh, that might be the secret gem of the Disney+ originals line-up

I kind of adored it

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    so, out of idle boredom, I watched High School Musical: The Musical: The Series

uh, that might be the secret gem of the Disney+ originals line-up

I kind of adored it

I've heard a couple ads for it and I can tell it is Extremely Not For Me

• Options
    What the hell? Why introduce awesome, supportive teacher just to kill him a minute later?

• Options
    yaya told me what it basically was and i am all in on the premise

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    What the hell? Why introduce awesome, supportive teacher just to kill him a minute later?

Because high school sucks.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

Ain't that the truth

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Sunnydale ain't built on a Heavenmouth

• Options
    I know that sub looked familiar!

She played Sindel!

• Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man it's alarmingly easy to sign up for the free year Disney+ through Verizon

anyway I guess we have Disney+ for the next year or so? We'll watch The Mandalorian at least.

Are you a new customer? They told me I don’t qualify because I’ve been with them for years

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

Ain't that the truth

Early Buffy can be pretty damn patchy, and its metaphors are extremely blunt at times.

But I'm still quite fond of it for how hard it goes in on it. High school is hell, and you really feel that with those first couple of seasons. It loses some of that as characters get more competent and they move away from school in the later seasons, and while I think there are still some extremely good bits of metaphor it lands upon in that, it never sets in quite as thoroughly as the high school stuff in the beginning.

This discussion has been closed.