As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

i like to watch the tv

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Per Variety, HBO Max is developing an anthology show based on RL Stine's "Point Horror" books

Point Fear is an anthology show exposing the horrors of being a teen. Each episode inspired by a book in the series, told for today's audiences but with nostalgic nod to the 90s. Many authors have published books under the Point Horror banner at Scholastic, but the show focuses on RL Stine's contributions

Directed by Jon M Chu (Crazy Rich Asians)

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Small Mandalorian thing
    Having a bunch of bounties frozen in carbonite is like the quintessential Star Wars expanded universe thing

It happened in the movies once, so now it's the way it works all the time

Ultimately it doesn't even matter, it just made me laugh

I’m trying to look past this because I hate it so much.

My head canon for this.
    You could always put people in carbonite, but you needed a special rig to do it safely. The one on Bespin was an industrial unit designed for like food and stuff and not rated for living people, hence it needing to be modified for Han and not guaranteed to work right.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I know that sub looked familiar!

She played Sindel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w

This lady?

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    I know that sub looked familiar!

She played Sindel!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIt0VY7Yg2w

This lady?

That's the one!

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Man it's alarmingly easy to sign up for the free year Disney+ through Verizon

anyway I guess we have Disney+ for the next year or so? We'll watch The Mandalorian at least.

Are you a new customer? They told me I don’t qualify because I’ve been with them for years

Should have asked to cancel then. It's surprising the options that suddenly open up when mention cancelling. Least around here

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular

anyway I guess we have Disney+ for the next year or so? We'll watch The Mandalorian at least.

Are you a new customer? They told me I don’t qualify because I’ve been with them for years

Should have asked to cancel then. It's surprising the options that suddenly open up when mention cancelling. Least around here

I did point out that I could theoretically cancel, switch to Comcast, then switch back, “would I qualify then?” and the person on the phone had no real response

I mean I’m not going to do that because that would be a pain and also I hate Comcast, though I didn’t say that

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I really hope those poor schmucks at the call center have the ability to actually just give you what you want when pressed, because cancelling and resubscribing just wastes the time of at least three people for no real reason.

Like, when those goddamn engineering students realized that buying four half-pint samples of paint in the same color was less than half the price of just buying a quart of the same stuff, I had the authority to mark down the quart of paint in exchange for them not posting this delightful life hack on the internet. Because mixing samples is a pain in the ass, and they bust in the shaker a lot and that's like the next half hour of my life trying to mop paint out of the 5-gallon shaker with paper towels.

There are a lot of companies who would have just made me mix the samples despite the fact that it would certainly have cost the store more to do so, and now that I write it all out like that I'm positive that Verizon is one of those companies.

Shit.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I wrapped up a Buffy rewatch recently.

Here's my Buffy power ranking:

10. Graduation Day
    9. Fool for Love
    8. The Wish
    7. The Gift
    6. Lie to Me
    5. Restless
    4. Chosen
    3. Hush
    2. Once More With Feeling
    1. The Body

The Body is still phenomenal, and maybe even harder to watch than it used to be, for me.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited November 2019

10. Graduation Day
    9. Fool for Love
    8. The Wish
    7. The Gift
    6. Lie to Me
    5. Restless
    4. Chosen
    3. Hush
    1. The Body

The Body is still phenomenal, and maybe even harder to watch than it used to be, for me.

I'd put Tabula Rasa somewhere in my list (maybe around 4 or 5) but 'tis otherwise a fine list

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Good call. That could easily be in my top ten depending on the day.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    The Body is one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen.

I also have the entire series in DVD.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    hm1yzyzjd888.jpg

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

I did point out that I could theoretically cancel, switch to Comcast, then switch back, “would I qualify then?” and the person on the phone had no real response

I mean I’m not going to do that because that would be a pain and also I hate Comcast, though I didn’t say that

Do you have an Unlimited Plan with Verizon? If you do, you qualify. I've been with Verizon for many, many years and was easily able to get the free year. If you're not... yeah, try flexing on them with the "this makes me want to leave" and see if you can't get customer retention to kick in and throw you a sub.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Anybody here watching Survivor? Tonight was hard to enjoy, wondering what folks other than my wife and I think.

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

10. Graduation Day
    9. Fool for Love
    8. The Wish
    7. The Gift
    6. Lie to Me
    5. Restless
    4. Chosen
    3. Hush
    1. The Body

I got in a conversation with a friend of mine about how the Marvel Netflix shows really needed to stop trying to be a 10 hour movie and be a bit more episodic and when he said he hated filler episodes I started quoting half of this list plus the Zeppo and he told me with a straight face that he hated them all. I still can't believe it. Someone hates the Body.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular

Do you have an Unlimited Plan with Verizon? If you do, you qualify. I've been with Verizon for many, many years and was easily able to get the free year. If you're not... yeah, try flexing on them with the "this makes me want to leave" and see if you can't get customer retention to kick in and throw you a sub.

Yeah I wasn’t a new customer but I do have Unlimited. It was hidden away in a menu though, like “add-ons and services” or something.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    I legitimately think that AHS 1984 finale cemented this season as my favorite since Murder House. That was a quality slasher parody season, start to finish, and the whole final episode was perfect

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    BillyIdleBillyIdle What does "katana" mean? It means "Japanese sword."Registered User regular
    That's good to hear. I was super into the start of AHS 1984, but the latter half has kinda lost me.

It was nice to see Kajagoogoo get some screen time.

PSN: BillyIdle_
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    My favorite moment of Scream Queens was the random appearance of Q-Feel, which I was fairly certain nobody but me had ever heard of.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    The mandalorian was dull as shit

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Tube wrote: »

It's Star Wars, so

• Options
    I watched The Mandalorian because my roommates were (I don't care about Star Wars at all) and the "climactic action scene" at the end
    was the most Uncharted-ass shootout I've seen outside of video games. It was literally just hiding behind a pillar, shooting dudes, hiding until the rest appear, repeat

Like, I don't want to shit on something a lot of people enjoy, but damn is it bad at action

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    well yeah it's a disney product

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »

The poet must not close his eyes, must not avert them.

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I watched The Mandalorian because my roommates were (I don't care about Star Wars at all) and the "climactic action scene" at the end
    was the most Uncharted-ass shootout I've seen outside of video games. It was literally just hiding behind a pillar, shooting dudes, hiding until the rest appear, repeat

Like, I don't want to shit on something a lot of people enjoy, but damn is it bad at action

Thats just just Star wars action pre phantom menace. I appreciate it though. He isnt a one man army 50 dudes present a major problem so yeah he has to take pot shots from cover.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    So Xander is a hyena in this one

• Options

Thats just just Star wars action pre phantom menace. I appreciate it though. He isnt a one man army 50 dudes present a major problem so yeah he has to take pot shots from cover.

There's ways to do that and still be exciting, though

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Fuck! Did they eat the pig? Those bastards!

DID THEY JUST EAT FLUTIE?!?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I went to a friends house and they had the mandalorian on

It's cool that they hired some early 2000's youtubers who just made boring, poorly cooreographed lightsaber fights in apple movie maker to make their big budget star wars show, I'm glad those guys are getting work

More seriously, I've enjoyed the action scenes in Last Jedi and Force Awakens, but all the Marvel action scenes are shit and this is honestly even worse

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    py2vkcrwttrk.jpg

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

I love the hyena episode.

God, Xander is such a punching bag early on. I mean he deserves it, obviously, but still.

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »

I love the hyena episode.

God, Xander is such a punching bag early on. I mean he deserves it, obviously, but still.

He comes just so far.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Xander's actor is an extreme alchoholic who's been arrested for assault multiple times and refused treatment

It makes his scenes REALLY hard for me to watch now

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Also if you dig Buffy you should check out the new Buffy comics

Not the Season 8/9/10/11/12 stuff, the Boom Studios series that started earlier this year, by Jordie Bellaire

It's disconnected from the continuity of the show, and is essentially a modern day reboot of the series, trying to tell some of the same/similar stories but modernizing the characters and bringing in some elements of their characterization that maybe should have come up sooner and stuff like that

• Options

Not the Season 8/9/10/11/12 stuff, the Boom Studios series that started earlier this year, by Jordie Bellaire

It's disconnected from the continuity of the show, and is essentially a modern day reboot of the series, trying to tell some of the same/similar stories but modernizing the characters and bringing in some elements of their characterization that maybe should have come up sooner and stuff like that

I'm so far behind in the comics world...

• Options

I started checking this out because of similarity comparisons to Booms VERY good power rangers comics, and its great

• Options

There are less than a dozen issues! You could catch up!

• Options

There are less than a dozen issues! You could catch up!

I just meant in general with comic books. I have a list a mile long of books I want to read

• Options
    Where did Darla get these guns with endless ammo?

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    God, The Body is such a good episode
    "We're not supposed to move the body!" is probably my favorite line. The way she says it, and then like, recoils because she called her mom 'the body'. Jesus, that episode is so good.

also, apropos of nothing, one time I took acid and it was going downhill.
    I went into the bathroom and laid down in the tub and the Giles that apparently lives in my brain coached me through some increasingly upsetting thought sequences.

The voice was exactly Anthony Head and he calmed me right down.

I popped out of that bathroom fresh as a daisy, ready to face the rest of my trip.

This discussion has been closed.