As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

i like to watch the tv

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    aw man

not even superstore escaped the fred armisen guest star curse

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    is he doing an accent

fortunately no

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    is the episode over yet? I don't trust him not to sneak something in over the credits

he did not

i was impressed

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Mr. G wrote: »

Wasn't that symbol an actual plot point?

And to actually quote Kristen Schaal from that line of tweets: "Why?"

honovere on
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    Ketar wrote: »

Nice. It hasn't been viewable this way since the 90s, other than on dvd.

I loved that series far too much.. I recorded it on VHS which I still have, and watched those 10 times at least..

Wish it got a really good reboot.

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    It had comics that continued the story. I heard they were pretty good.

uyvfOQy.png
  • autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    I should look into those then..

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

It was changed to the kool aid burst cap logo from a moon iirc

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Superstore was really good, but the credit joke really made me laugh.

I enjoy seeing Garret be brought down slightly every so often.

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    Good Place did not go at all where I expected. I'm quite excited for next week, then quite sad I have to wait a month and a half after that to get it all wrapped up.

• PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    honovere wrote: »

The Shriners might complain?

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    I legitimately think that AHS 1984 finale cemented this season as my favorite since Murder House. That was a quality slasher parody season, start to finish, and the whole final episode was perfect

Welp. Even when Ryan Murphy gives me a show season I like, the aftermath is exhausting: Ryan Murphy says he and FX have had conversations about ten more seasons of AHS

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    Re: Last night's Good Place

I knew someone was going to have to grab the thing, but I wasn't sure who was going to do it. Then the...
    ...double fakeout with the person who thought they had grabbed the doomsday button actually hadn't because someone else beat them to the punch. Then they went all Avengers Assemble.

Though, isn't the Judge's marbelize strategy not very good since they can just de-marbelize whoever she marbelizes while she's investigating another, thus providing an infinite loop of voids?

Lars wrote: »
    Re: Last night's Good Place

I knew someone was going to have to grab the thing, but I wasn't sure who was going to do it. Then the...
    ...double fakeout with the person who thought they had grabbed the doomsday button actually hadn't because someone else beat them to the punch. Then they went all Avengers Assemble.

Though, isn't the Judge's marbelize strategy not very good since they can just de-marbelize whoever she marbelizes while she's investigating another, thus providing an infinite loop of voids?
    I'm pretty sure Gen can do worse than marbelize if she wants so they probably do have a time limit

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2019
    For the second time this year the price of Hulu Live will increase https://www.thewrap.com/hulu-live-tv-price-hike/ In January the live TV streaming package, at the time costing $40 a month, moved to the current price of $45 a month

Starting December 18 Hulu Live will cost $55 a month

$5 more a month than Youtube TV, which increased its own price (to $50 a month) this April

Sweeney Tom on
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    For the second time this year the price of Hulu Live will increase https://www.thewrap.com/hulu-live-tv-price-hike/ In January the live TV streaming package, at the time costing $40 a month, moved to the current price of $45 a month

$5 more a month than Youtube TV, which increased its own price (to $50 a month) this April

I cancelled YouTube TV 3 months after the price increases, live tv is nice but 98% of the time I don’t have time to watch anything live.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I'd use a live TV subscription to log into the various network apps to stream whatever I actually want to watch. Since most of them require a cable sub, that is.

sig.gif

I think thats because nobody really uses them. Most people who want Hulu probably cant watch the shows live anyway

• Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

And the consequences of Playstation Vue leaving the market begin to manifest.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
    The friends joke on Good place this week seems laser targeted towards this forum

• Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular

There are still like 6 competitors in this space, idk if ps vie leaving really matters. Also they were the most expensive service for what I wanted when I was looking into getting one.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    Omg Blacklist you have been swinging hard at some amazing takes on stories.

First there was the amazing story of AI self awareness.
    Episode starts as string of murders possibly perpetuated by a man who has ALS. Turns out the man is the creator of an AI that was tasked with protecting humanity... and it’s doing that by setting back AI research by 50 years (murdering all the scientists with knowledge of his creation) and killing itself.

And now episode about abortion rights
    A group of people have been impregnating baby’s into pro life conservative men to test their faith and commitment towards anti abortion laws.

The ending scenes for the abortion one is soooo gooood.

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I watched like half a season of Blacklist and decided it was too dumb to handle
    looks like I missed out on some real high points.

• pookapooka Registered User regular
    i am still convinced it is an elaborate con that anyone likes new girl
    i can't blame you, it's very.. uneven, let's say.

there are bits that make me laugh (not the easiest feat), most are functional, and others i tolerate.
    Jess is mostly the worst character, but she still has her moments. any of her romance soap opera bullshit is super eyerolly and what throws me off the show the hardest, but i watched for the friendships and stealth wit, and to a lesser degree, absurd/surreal comedy.

also, the way Jake Johnson kisses is surprisingly hot.

that said, i came off an episode rewatch last night that offhandedly used stripper stereotypes to give the hook to a character, so it has its problematic elements.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

There are still like 6 competitors in this space, idk if ps vie leaving really matters. Also they were the most expensive service for what I wanted when I was looking into getting one.

PS Vue is $45 a month for the tier I have.

Pretty fun to be shopping around now for a new service just to see them all increasing.

And no one else has BBC America on a lower tier.

And everyone else's DVR rules suck.

Sorry, i am bitter.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    New Girl is mostly a vessel for Jake Johnson to say shit that I worry I have said in my life. And then there is the rest of it

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    pooka wrote: »

Right?? Almost weirdly so.

• EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    New Girl is mostly a vessel for Jake Johnson to say shit that I worry I have said in my life. And then there is the rest of it

The refrain of "I've written half a book about zombies" hit close to home

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

There's a line where Megan Fox says he kisses like a coal miner greeting his wife after a day in the caves

• GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    New Girl is also fun to watch the stages of a show utterly giving up on having an intro sequence

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    tynic wrote: »

There's a line where Megan Fox says he kisses like a coal miner greeting his wife after a day in the caves

Megan Fox has also called it one of her favorite roles so I think we know what's up

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    I just looked at gifs of Jake Johnson kissing on that show, and yeah

Dress him up as Peter B. Parker and have him hold me like that

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2019
    The Megan Fox casting was interesting because they couldn’t use Deschanel but successfully found the second most obnoxious actress in Hollywood

Tube on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    What makes Megan Fox obnoxious?

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Obnoxity radiation

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
    i was extremely curious considering how panned it was, but i can say definitively that netflix's the i-land feels like someone parachuted a particularly bland season of the real world's cast onto an island and had them improv a tv show, and they decided to make lost.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    i-land.....

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
This discussion has been closed.