As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's 2022 but [Snugglehug] never changes nsf56k

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    It now Chichi's personal swimming pool

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    When its recess but your brother has cold feet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzbRffi-qDw

Bedlam on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I have a screened back porch, so I let the cats out so they can get some fresh air, look at birds and shit

but the neighborhood cats have been coming by and scaring them so I don't let them out too often at night.

well this big fella came out to smoke a cigarette with me
    X4g8NGQ.jpg

one of the neighborhood cats jumped at the screen and instead of getting angry and zoomin' around and biting me in a panic like usual

my boy jumped right in my arms and clung to me while I kicked the screen and yelled at the neighborhood cat

edit: I dunno if you can tell from the picture, but he is incredibly soft. third softest cat I've ever pet.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The other night, Strikor said, "It's not so much that we have seven cats, it's that we're running a cat sanctuary and haven't admitted it yet." And well... he's probably right.

Integration of our cats is going forward. When we open their bathroom home, Liam and Vetra come out and explore - mostly just my room. They won't go downstairs yet. Cora stays firmly in the bathroom and only occasionally pokes her head out. She is not in favor of exploring.

Runty, meanwhile, stays close to her closet refuge most of the time, but will come out into the hall. Yesterday was the first time she poked her head into our offices, but she didn't come in very far. All the younger kitties seem to have a taboo about us petting them when they are away from their home bases. Runty positively runs away when we try to pet her. Liam and Vetra will mostly jump out of our arms if we try to hold them, but Liam has come around to some outside of base cuddling, but he has to come to me asking for them (by resting his paws against my computer), and any other time than that he'll just jump out and go play. Liam also likes to lay at my feet to rest, which is sweet.

In older cat news, we've started Cassandra on anti-anxiety meds. It's something I've felt she needed for a while - she has a problem of peeing and pooping inappropriately. She has ritualistic areas where she pees, and she tends to poop to show her displeasure. For example, she might poop before a door we've closed that she thinks should be opened. The first med we tried gave her terrible diarrhea which was a bit of a strain considering that she still pooped wherever. We now have her on regular old Prozac, gotten from a human pharmacy, but in very small doses - 5 mg and they don't even make the pills that small so we have to cut the 10 mg doses in half. So far it seems like her diarrhea is fading, thank god. As far as her personality, both drugs made her at least a little less obsessive about the extra cats in the house, though she still hisses at them a little bit. Only time will tell if the prozac will help with the peeing and pooping, doc says it may take a full month to see the effects.

Also I gave Cassandra a bowtie/neckerchief collar, because Strikor wouldn't let me put the bow tie on the younger cats. I think it's cute!

wwlac7fqs7n3.jpg

Vetra and Liam still love cuddling in the sink. Vetra's whiskers appear to be turning white for no particular reason! She also has a cutely deep meow, just like Drack did.

fxg5678mmypa.jpg

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    so many cats I love it

• Options

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    "Le marche d'oiseaux futile ?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN_WzpQgDtY

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    That is a good attempt but I feel that the thread needs to hear the Kittyman comes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN3wEdK_vxw

Bedlam on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    An IRL streamer in Japan I follow has the Kittyman Sea Shanty that plays it while he's searching for stray kitties to feed. He'll also just play it for fun because it's great.

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    wrong thread -_-

Psykoma on
  • Options

1HAq58v.jpeg

• Options
    I Zimbra wrote: »
    We got new kitties in today and folks: It's floof season.

xs7adAB.jpg

I don't have better pictures because she very much does not like me yet, but she is one of the prettiest cats I have ever seen and is, like, 95% fur by volume. This poor lady's owner died and she ended up in the Humane Society so I will find her a good home or die trying.

Good news, I did not have to die:

y3WYJex.jpeg

Here is Nellie (now Gertie) relaxing in the sleeping spot that her new owner's daughter made for her under the bed. Apparently she hangs out with the daughter all day while she does virtual school and then sleeps under her bed at night.

I've been really frustrated with the rescue lately and considered quitting but it's this stuff that keeps me coming back.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular

• Options

The Witcher may have adopted a dire wolf:

H3yNgK7.jpeg

• Options

Please do yourself a favor and click through for more of the bobcat who thinks he's just a kitty cat.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I wish a butterfly would play with me like that.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think duck actually has a major case of worms.

Which sucks. We're gonna get him a vet appointment as soon as stimmy shows up. Probably get him a shot and maybe get him put up for a night somewhere so we can really deep clean this apartment so to make sure he doesn't just get them again.

The sucky part about that is with my health being so bad right now it might be a thing we have to hire a cleaner to help with. Getting behind and under everything not to mention hauling out old garbage is just going to be too much for just me.

• Options
    A post containing BIG CAT MOODS

kem8HWE.jpg

"Stop touching my things!" -cat, probably.

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I'm starting to think duck actually has a major case of worms.

Which sucks. We're gonna get him a vet appointment as soon as stimmy shows up. Probably get him a shot and maybe get him put up for a night somewhere so we can really deep clean this apartment so to make sure he doesn't just get them again.

The sucky part about that is with my health being so bad right now it might be a thing we have to hire a cleaner to help with. Getting behind and under everything not to mention hauling out old garbage is just going to be too much for just me.

They can get worms from eating fleas, so might be worth picking up some flea meds too.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    We've had some worm problems in our house. It's a lot.

When we first got Garak he either had multiple bouts with worms or the same worms kept coming back. And we keep all our cats on monthly flea meds (Revolution, these days) so it's not like we weren't doing our due diligence.

Then when the ferals first entered the house, it was poop central in one of our two catteries because Runty and her litter mates wouldn't let us touch them to administer meds. Thankfully the Tempest crew never had that problem, though we went ahead and got them on dewormer just the same, since they were born on the streets.

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    In an alternative timeline where beavers became the dominant species I imagine conservative beavers laughing at the idea of dams causing climate change, while liberal beavers have to try and patiently explain the science behind having less dams for the sake of future beaver generations

Prohass on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    But beaver dams increase local biodiversity and don't have any real environmental downsides!

I guess if your future beavers are building dams high enough to mess with fish migration we could have a problem, but salmon are pretty good jumpers.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I took updated photos of our foster kitties for the adoption website. I also did new write-ups for them. I hope it helps them get adopted.

76h8f7jsbigy.jpgdccvhyu9lqbh.jpg0pum05lswalt.jpg

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    If I was in a place to adopt more kitties I would be signing up for those in a heart beat.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    webguy20 wrote: »
    If I was in a place to adopt more kitties I would be signing up for those in a heart beat.

I've always gone with formally attired feline family members (i.e. tux cats), but those sure are some fetching voids that I'd be happy to have... provided one of my housemates' eyes wouldn't swell shut when exposed to kitty dander.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    I Zimbra wrote:
    Please do yourself a favor and click through for more of the bobcat who thinks he's just a kitty cat.

This is my fav:

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Bedlam wrote: »

The Witcher may have adopted a dire wolf:
    Akitas are awesome. The fluffiness of a Shiba Inu and none of the derp.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Spotter dog is concerned about your safety:

igdAhN5.jpeg

• Options
    igdAhN5.jpeg

Its the feline incarnation of Al Bundy.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    igdAhN5.jpeg

More Like:

33MZewc.jpg

I dont always show my belly, but when I do I steal your girl.

• Options
    MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    But beaver dams increase local biodiversity and don't have any real environmental downsides!

I guess if your future beavers are building dams high enough to mess with fish migration we could have a problem, but salmon are pretty good jumpers.

Beaver ponds and meadows are excellent carbon sinks, in fact, both directly (storing carbon in their ponds) and indirectly (raising water tables so areas don't dry out as fast, letting plants grow better and making them less likely to burn).

But that's more a Science thread thing, so here's a baby beaver:

cute-baby-beavers-6-57050e832947b__605.jpg

• Options
    igdAhN5.jpeg

b9joj4kcmppv.jpg

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    none of the derp.

MiCGiJ2.jpg
    none...of...the...derp....

UjTevaj.jpg
    none...derp....

QdMjyUI.jpg

@BlackDragon480 your words make no sense :shrug:

OlTi9OI.jpg

• Options
    Gaze not overlong into the derp upon the deep, for it shall...SQUIRREL!

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options

Absolutely universal instinct across species, you love to see it.

• Options
    edited April 2021

I Zimbra on
This discussion has been closed.