Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD. POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Any idea how long this sale is meant to last?

• Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Cog wrote: »
    Any idea how long this sale is meant to last?

Looks like January 2nd. Or the 31st.

shadowane on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Seriously there are so many, this is just a few:

7MHsYQy.png

Dekudeals is great, even though the site is a bit hammered and slow right now. I knew about the sale since it sent me a roundup email of games I'd put on price drop watch as soon as it happened. :D

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular
    Is City Skylines any good on Switch? And, someone have an opinion on digital vs physical for Starlink?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Into the Breach is amazing.

You're amazing.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    DaringDirk wrote: »
    Is City Skylines any good on Switch? And, someone have an opinion on digital vs physical for Starlink?

i picked up digital starlink way back when it came out and enjoyed it for what it was. my opinion on physical addons like amiibos is...they are neat but then what do you do with them.

• Options

I enjoyed it. However I haven't played it on PC, where I'm sure the experience is better. If the only place you've played it is on Switch it's probably easier to stomach.

It comes with two of the more significant expansions, After Dark and Snowfall (the first two). There are 9 other expansions (some quite small like just adding a stadium) which they have said will not be coming to Switch. So it's an undersupported release, and essentially the reason to get it is to have it portable. But it is an excellent Sim City-style city builder and it's fully functional.

It gets framey as your city grows but takes a long time to get bad. At a certain point you lose the third level of time acceleration, which also happens on other platforms as the city grows too big to simulate everything that quickly, but it happens a bit sooner on Switch.

So, probably not for everyone. I'm used to games having some sacrifices on Switch so I'm ok with it.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    I may have just added an irresponsible amount of money to my e-store account.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    WEST OF LOATHING IS $6.60 AND HILARIOUS

For the record, Zack Johnson is someone who was named as an abuser. That might strike the game off a few people's lists.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Fun side note - after folks were wondering about game counts, I think I can confirm it doesn't count each NES/SNES game you play. I just went into Manage Software and counted all the games that didn't say "Played more than a year ago" and got 118 from that matching their site exactly.

Want to see what an idiot who likes shovelware plays?
    Smash bros.
    Doom 3
    Superbeat: Xonic
    My Friend Pedro
    Yooka-Laylee
    Taiko no Tatsujin
    Gris
    Planet Alpha
    Cuphead
    Urban Trial Playground
    Katamari
    Ape Out
    Transistor
    Pinball FX 3
    Mutant League Football
    Pool Panic
    Defunct
    Wheel of Fortune
    Immortal Redneck
    Asphalt 9
    Crypt of the Necrodancer
    City of Brass
    Castlevania Anniversary
    Star Wars Pinball
    Thimbleweed Park
    Fishing Universe
    House of Da Vinci
    Horizon Chase Turbo
    A Robot Named Fight
    20XX
    Transcripted
    Celeste
    Farm Together
    Sega Genesis Classics
    Risk of Rain 2
    Dandara
    Minecraft
    Raging Justice
    The Way Remastered
    Crayola Scoot
    Untitled Goose Game
    Disco Dodgeball
    Frederic
    Hyper Sentinel
    Wonder Boy
    Lumines
    Tumblestone
    Capcom Beat 'em Up
    Desktop Bowling
    Coffee Crisis
    Tumbleseed
    Geki Yaba Runner
    Binding of Isaac
    Soldam
    Tetris 99
    Jeopardy
    Glaive
    Doom
    99Vidas
    Enter the Gungeon
    Guilty Gear
    Full Metal Furies
    Membrane
    Timespinner
    Mana Spark
    Sonic Mania
    Cat Quest
    Donut County
    Doom 2
    Katana Zero
    Diablo III
    Slain
    VideoKid
    One Strike
    Quest for the Golden Duck
    2048 Battles
    Shovel Knight
    Lode Runner Legacy
    Puzzle Book
    Astro Bears
    Into the Breach
    Riptide GP
    OTTTD
    The End is Nigh
    Mad Age & This Guy
    Rogue Legacy
    Undertale
    Axiom Verge
    Virtua Racing
    SNES
    Baba is You
    Castle Crashers
    One More Dungeon
    REKT
    Totes the Goat
    NES
    Youtube
    Mario Kart 8
    Iron Crypicle
    Downwell
    Aqua Kitty
    Revenge of the Bird King
    Super Sportmatchen
    Pokemon Sword
    Mutant Mudds
    Carnival Games
    Bloodstained COTM
    Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
    Puyo Puyo Tetris
    Sushi Striker
    DKC Tropical Freeze
    NoReload Heroes
    Crash Bandicoot Trilogy
    NBA 2k19
    Hellblade
    NBA 2k18
    NBA Playgrounds 2
    Paladins

Overall it feels pretty accurate - I don't remember playing both 2k18 and 2k19 this year, but I can't rule it out.

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    I know this is a bit odd having the world renown accessoriesologist Costanza ask for tips but does anyone have any solid advice on analog stick covers for the Lite? It's not in my wheelhouse so I'm a bit in the dark on this. I want a nice set that feels premium (or at least as premium as the sticks themselves, which I like) and also matches somehow with a Turquoise Lite (or at least looks good with it), any suggestions? Price is no issue.

I've been noticing the tops of my thumbsticks getting dirty despite my best efforts (I literally wash my hands profusely with like industrial grade mechanics soap before I play the Lite each time) and I want to make that a non-issue in the best way possible. Please help me Threadbi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.

I've been using Skull n co. thumb grips on the OG switch and mostly enjoying them, although the size of the CQC can make the -/select button difficult to reach. These do fit on the lite but the manufacturer warns of "color transference" (i.e. paint rubbing off on the sticks underneath?) and though there are a bunch of colors, nothing in light grey.

Another approach is replacement caps, you would remove your original caps and replace with these, they are black so should hold up to dirt like the OG cons, though I don't know how well they match the switch lite colors.

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Ohgod, do I want to pick up FFX/2 and FFXII for (combined) $50CDN? I mean... it's better than paying the SQEX tax that is their normal price.

It's practically a toofur with the discount. Hmm...

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    So I just bought Mat Mania ($8), Heavy Barrel ($2), and Mercenaries Saga Chronicles ($7.5) from the eShop. Anyone know where I can buy some time now?

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Thanks to that site I found out Daemon X Machina was currently on sale so I just ordered that!

Thanks to the person that posted it.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Thanks to that site I found out Daemon X Machina was currently on sale so I just ordered that!

How low?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

How low?

I was ready to buy it full price the other day so I'm glad I waited!

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited December 2019
    ... I should get dark souls on the switch. Make it the... fourth time i've bought that game, on the third platform.

Aistan on
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    The game I want on this sale is actually nearly twice as expensive, but I knew this was coming and didn't buy Shovel Knight Treasure Trove fast enough so I've only got myself to blame!
    3tdc4v79woki.jpg

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'll probably get Darksiders II and Ass Creed Rogue/Flag

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    ... I should get dark souls on the switch. Make it the... fourth time i've bought that game, on the third platform.

Surely it's the superior version because you can pause (read: suspend software) at any time. That's the thing that's held me back from buying any FromSoft game, solved

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    The pause thing has never bothered me, but i've come around on the arguments against it yeah. It's dumb and should only happen when active multiplayer is going on.

• Options
    LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, my wife got a Switch Lite recently as an early gift, and we're still futzing around with certain aspects.

Like there's this "primary" console thing. We both have the original as our respective primary, but is there any benefit to making hers the Lite? Any detriments?

As it is, she can still use her account there and download the games she's purchased and her cloud save data, so is it better to just leave well enough alone?

Primary console can do everything without needing to be online. If you ever plan on taking the Lite on a trip out of range of wireless, you might want it to be somebody's primary.

Any account on a Switch can play all of the primary's software without needing to be online.

Also important to note: if the Primary comes online while the Secondary is playing a game, the Secondary suspends no matter what they're doing. I've started to put my Switch (Primary) in airplane mode at home so my kid can keep playing Fortnite on his (Secondary). I'm not even playing Fortnite, I'm playing DQ11 or Scarlet SaGa.

This sounds like we're getting fucked somehow, no matter what.

Wait, when you say "if the Primary comes online while the Secondary is playing a game, the Secondary suspends no matter what they're doing," is that the same account?

I thought that each account had a primary console, is that not the case? Or if I stick to my account and she sticks to hers (if it's on the Lite), will we be fine?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited December 2019
    Finally got a chance to dive into Killer Queen Black with some friends. Shit that's some good fun!

e:
    Can you tell I teach?
    qz46l1eu7a8o.png

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      edited December 2019
      Pailryder wrote: »

i picked up digital starlink way back when it came out and enjoyed it for what it was. my opinion on physical addons like amiibos is...they are neat but then what do you do with them.

If you even have to ask this question then you're not a collector.

Handsome Costanza on
      Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
      Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    • Options
      So, my wife got a Switch Lite recently as an early gift, and we're still futzing around with certain aspects.

Like there's this "primary" console thing. We both have the original as our respective primary, but is there any benefit to making hers the Lite? Any detriments?

As it is, she can still use her account there and download the games she's purchased and her cloud save data, so is it better to just leave well enough alone?

Primary console can do everything without needing to be online. If you ever plan on taking the Lite on a trip out of range of wireless, you might want it to be somebody's primary.

Any account on a Switch can play all of the primary's software without needing to be online.

Also important to note: if the Primary comes online while the Secondary is playing a game, the Secondary suspends no matter what they're doing. I've started to put my Switch (Primary) in airplane mode at home so my kid can keep playing Fortnite on his (Secondary). I'm not even playing Fortnite, I'm playing DQ11 or Scarlet SaGa.

Wait, when you say "if the Primary comes online while the Secondary is playing a game, the Secondary suspends no matter what they're doing," is that the same account?

I thought that each account had a primary console, is that not the case? Or if I stick to my account and she sticks to hers (if it's on the Lite), will we be fine?

I think it's if the primary is online while playing a game only owned by the primary account, and the secondary is playing a game only owned by the primary account, then it gets interrupted.

So if you own Zelda and Odyssey on your account, and she owns Mario Kart and Animal Crossing on her account, then you can play Odyssey while she plays Mario Kart, and I think you can play Animal Crossing while she plays Zelda. You just can't both be playing Zelda and Odyssey.

And regardless of everything else, cartridges are of course fine no matter where you use them.

• Options
      WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular

On the same account. If he plays a demo or something on his profile, it's fine. The problem is he's brand new to the switch and has no games so he uses my profile.

• Options
      Or the other thing that people are doing is, identify the Switch that is played the most and is also most often within wifi range (probably a docked Switch). Make that Switch everybody's secondary. The fact that it's in wifi range means it can always succeed at the online check for verification. The fact that it's played the most means the other Switch (as the primary that can interrupt it) will interfere with its operation less often.

You could just keep the Lite primary and disconnected from the internet/airplane mode by default, and only go on when necessary. Then both Switches would be able to do anything they like almost all the time.

• Options
      TeeMan wrote: »
      Aistan wrote: »

Surely it's the superior version because you can pause (read: suspend software) at any time. That's the thing that's held me back from buying any FromSoft game, solved

Sekiro can actually be paused, and if you get really fast at the quit-to-menu commands for any of the other games it’s essentially as good as pausing.

• Options
      edited December 2019
      Okay. I'm paralyzed by choice. I picked up Bastion and Transistor.

Recommend me some games. Things I'd be a fool to not play/have played.

Current Library:
      Breath of the Wild
      Mario Odyssey
      Link's Awakening
      Luigi's Mansion 3
      Dark Souls Remastered
      Mario Maker 2
      Splatoon 2
      Achtung! Cthulu Tactics
      Darkest Dungeon - Ancestral Ed + Color of Madness
      Minecraft
      Snipperclips
      Mario + Rabids Kingdom Battle
      Bloodstained

Sale items on my Wishlist - Some I know are good, some just look interesting.
      Katamari - Obviously I know this is beloved, I never played it
      Enter the Gungeon - I've always heard good things, I'm not positive if it's my kind of game or not
      Yoku's Island Express - It looks cute? Good for portable? Think i've heard it well spoken of?
      Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - Never played it, have of course heard nothing but rave reviews
      Battle Chasers: Nightwar - The price is right, i like RPGs. It claims turn based combat, though JRPGs aren't my favorites, if it leans that way.
      Little Nightmares - Looks neat, have heard of it, seems well regarded. 2.5d puzzle/platformer/horror-lite thing?
      Armello - Tactics/card/board game mashup? These are all genres I like.
      The Sinking City - Mediocre reviews but I'm a sucker for Lovecraft
      Overcooked! 2 - Played the first, good party game.
      Dungeon Rushers - Dungeon crawling, turn based combat.. it's hard to ever call three dollars a waste right?
      Mercenaries Saga Chronicles - Tactics game(s). Enough said? Are they good?
      UnExplored - RogueLite RPG? Dirty Cheap? Seems like a safe bet?
      Guacamelee 2 - I've played this on XBox but didn't get too far. Having it portable would be great.

There's a lot of games I would buy if I didn't already own on other platforms.

So, what's on sale that I shouldn't miss?

Cog on
    • Options
      ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
      Maybe:
      Starlink
      Untitled Goose Game
      Ape out

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
      Gamestop has Star Wars Pinball for $14 store pickup rn.

Amazing game.

https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/star-wars-pinball/10177536.html

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
      Resident 8bitdo expert.
      Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
    • Options
      ElinElin Registered User regular

Current Library:
      Breath of the Wild
      Mario Odyssey
      Link's Awakening
      Luigi's Mansion 3
      Dark Souls Remastered
      Mario Maker 2
      Splatoon 2
      Achtung! Cthulu Tactics
      Minecraft
      Snipperclips
      Bloodstained

Enter the Gungeon - I've always heard good things, I'm not positive if it's my kind of game or not
      Yoku's Island Express - It looks cute? Good for portable? Think i've heard it well spoken of?
      Shovel Knight Treasure Trove - Never played it, have of course heard nothing but rave reviews
      Battle Chasers: Nightwar - The price is right, i like RPGs. It claims turn based combat, though JRPGs aren't my favorites, if it leans that way.
      Little Nightmares - Looks neat, have heard of it, seems well regarded. 2.5d puzzle/platformer/horror-lite thing?
      Dungeon Rushers - Dungeon crawling, turn based combat.. it's hard to ever call three dollars a waste right?
      Guacamelee 2 - I've played this on XBox but didn't get too far. Having it portable would be great.

Golf Story. Honestly, no joke, one of the most endearing and charming games on the Switch. It is an RPG, which you like. It's got a heartwarming story, some good humor, and overall fun gameplay.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
      PSN Hypacia
      Xbox HypaciaMinnow
      Discord Hypacia#0391
    • Options
      Elin wrote: »

Current Library:
      Breath of the Wild
      Mario Odyssey
      Link's Awakening
      Luigi's Mansion 3
      Dark Souls Remastered
      Mario Maker 2
      Splatoon 2
      Achtung! Cthulu Tactics
      Minecraft
      Snipperclips
      Bloodstained

Golf Story. Honestly, no joke, one of the most endearing and charming games on the Switch. It is an RPG, which you like. It's got a heartwarming story, some good humor, and overall fun gameplay.

Actually that's one of the things I was looking at. It looked like Stardew Valley Golf, which is a concept I'm super into.

• Options
      FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
      Not really Stardew Valley at all in that you're not really crafting or building a world so much as unlocking areas.

It's definitely golf, but old school and arcadey with light RPG elements. Sometimes you're playing an actual course, sometimes you're just dropping your ball to hit an objective in the world.

For example, one quest has you wandering a course and teeing off to hit turtles in water hazards.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    • Options
      Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
      My 8yo wants Minecraft for the PC and my 6yo likes to play with him. Since there's no split screen PCco-op, I was thinking of getting the 6yo the Switch version which I have been led to believe can play over LAN with Minecraft Windows 10 version. But I'm trying to decide if it's better to go with the physical or digital Switch version. I'm leaning toward the physical so that he can take it over to his friend's place but is there anything I'm missing?

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    • Options
      There is no physical minecraft? Unless it's the old switch version, but the cross play version is download only iirc.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
      These appear to be the same versions and available in both physical and digital. Am I missing something?

https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/detail/minecraft-switch/

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/minecraft-switch/12602142

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
    • Options
      edited December 2019
      These appear to be the same versions and available in both physical and digital. Am I missing something?

https://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/games/detail/minecraft-switch/

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/minecraft-switch/12602142

I believe that's the original Minecraft Switch edition. It's since been discontinued, and if you get the physical version, it will prompt you (after a few hours of play, potentially) to download the bedrock edition from the eshop as a free update. The bedrock edition is the one that's kept up with features and cross compatibility with the Win10/tablet editions.

edit: I'm mistaken. They did release the bedrock edition physically. My bad. Yeah, that should work.

ArcSyn on
      4dm3dwuxq302.png
    • Options
      edited December 2019
      There used to be a "Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition". It was a clearly discrete product, which is no longer sold. Everything is just "Minecraft" now. That physical copy should be fine.

You can play cross platform, yes. I do it with my daughter. You have to link your Microsoft and Nintendo accounts. It's slightly confusing but not terribly difficult.

I'm confused by the phrase "I'm leaning toward the physical so that he can take it over to his friend's place"

Would he not just take the entire switch if you bought the digital download copy? Just taking the cartridge would mean he'd have to use his friend's switch, where he wouldn't be signed in to his Nintendo account, and potentially have to go through signing in and linking accounts once he got there. It seems like the simplest solution would be to buy the digital download and have him take his switch over there. Join to wifi or dock it on his friend's dock, and commence gaming.

Cog on
    • Options
      jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
      Wait that Street Fighter collection has 3 and the Alpha series?

Finna buy that when I get home today