As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Zodiac Phalla] Monday the 8th: The Taste of Victory [Larg Victory!]

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    MrBlarney wrote: »
    I'm still not sure how to handle TehSpectre yet - he's always been suspicious of me in past Phalla games so I suppose I owe him the same courtesy.
    <3

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    All right, you primitive screw-heads, listen up!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Take just a little while ago, glasses said something about the ninja being able to kill people on his own team. I took this as him being a newb to mafia games, but he seemed to ask about a certain role in the game. This, to me, means that he is the first generation ninja for his side. He doesn't quite know how things work and doesn't realise that he should have probably PMed Hyilianbunny for clarification.

This doesn't matter much anyway, because the ninja role is changed @ death.

There's also the chance that I'm using my newness to appear like I made a mistake. ;)

Of course, getting mistaken for a ninja isn't an advantage at all, for me, so the point is moot. :|

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Well we cannot have such one-sided action in this court.

If one is coming out as a supporter of Larg, I will step forward as a supporter of Prince Goltana.

I shall keep the balance, I do not wish for any hard advantage or disadvantage manifest in the first day. Seer me if you wish, protect me or not. I'm already serving my role.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Infidel wrote: »
    Well we cannot have such one-sided action in this court.

If one is coming out as a supporter of Larg, I will step forward as a supporter of Prince Goltana.

I shall keep the balance, I do not wish for any hard advantage or disadvantage manifest in the first day. Seer me if you wish, protect me or not. I'm already serving my role.
    !vote Infidel for death.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    !vote TehSpectre for death.

edit: teehee :winky:

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

I challenge thee to fisticuffs!

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Have at thee! *rolling fists*

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    *BOOM*
    I said listen up!
    This...is my BOOMSTICK!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Quite! Ha-ha!

Edit: Fish, why ya gotta make me want to kill you? I mean, if you are gonna use the AoD schtick, go after some of the lesser known quotes.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Actually let's come back to the fisticuffs another day, I need to farm JP first.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007

Quite! Ha-ha!

Edit: Fish, why ya gotta make me want to kill you? I mean, if you are gonna use the AoD schtick, go after some of the lesser known quotes.
    Every single line is a fucking quote, that's why. The entire script is in the "memorable quotes" section of IMDB.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Woot! Another Phalla going, hopefully this one will be a bit more active.

Edit: Maybe I spoke too soon, where are you late night/early morning people?!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited May 2007

That all depends on you guys. ;)

Hylianbunny on
  • Options
    edited May 2007

That all depends on you guys. ;)
    You should add fisticuffs to the gameplay. 2 players engage in battle and the one that loses to the RNG gets popped in the mouth hard enough that he may not speak for so many odd hours afterwards.

xD

Edit: Also, sorry @ Grundl - I am watching The Fly 2 right now. It is suprisingly good.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GrundlterrorGrundlterror Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's cool I'll just entertain myself. I guess the best way to go about this game is to try to come together as different factions and find the stoners... and hope our vigilantes pick out the other faction. This is going to be a very interesting phalla, but I guess it's nice that we have a change.

For some reason I always trust you, TS... but last game it screwed us over (although we would have lost to the gnomes for sure if it weren't for you). I would definitely recommend someone seer his ass, if he actually is a stoner he must die because our specials won't be safe!

Grundlterror on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    If I was a stoner, I would sit around all day in my basement and sleep/play videogames.

Specials would be safe.

Edit: Grammar.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    If this keeps up, we're going to know who everyone is before the end of day one. I mean, seriously -- everyone has at least one target that they should (numerically) be voting for. Also, with the teams fragmented, voting against your team in an effort to throw up misdirections and blinds has a good chance of getting you snuffed out by your own ninja.

Not to mention the fact that either or both of Infidel & Spectre could be lying through their teeth.

Hrmmmmm.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I advise that any specials for either family bide their time before believing anyone's claims, in favor of keeping themselves alive.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Actually let's come back to the fisticuffs another day, I need to farm JP first.

It's all about the yell ability Ramza. Perhaps you could get your speed high enough to get 2 votes per round!

Ardor on
  • Options
    MazloMazlo Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    My fellow noblemen,

The voting now stands as such:

First, In favor of executing Rygar: One vote by Nobleman Belfuego.

Second, in favor of executing Belfuego: One vote by Viscount Rygar.

And lastly, in favor of extending voting right to Moogles: Two votes by Baron Buzz Buzz and Noblemen Zerinan.

While Belfuego and Rygar may have their feud, I implore you, my fellow nobles, to preserve our dignity and honor as noblemen and focus your suspicions on Buzz Buzz and Zerinan. For surely, only the devils of this world stand to gain when the divine order of rights is bypassed in such a blasphemous manner.

Moogles! Indeed!

These cretins leave me no choice but to !vote for Zerinan to be executed this very evening!

Mazlo on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    All these people stepping forward with their roles.
    Just remember that words can lie, only actions speak truly.

Last Son on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm just guessing tehspectre might have an item, or maybe infidel as well. There are 2 items per side according to the OP, so maybe they have some confidence that they will not die tonight.

HB: Do we know if items are taken when the target dies?

Ardor on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    All these people stepping forward with their roles.
    Just remember that words can lie, only actions speak truly.

Performs a reach around...

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Wait, so I'm being voted against because I was messing around earlier about moogles? That is not nice, sir. (I didn't know I had two votes against me about the moogle thing...)

Edit: I don't have two votes against me. Whew.

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Zerinan wrote: »
    Wait, so I'm being voted against because I was messing around earlier about moogles? That is not nice, sir. (I didn't know I had two votes against me about the moogle thing...)

Edit: I don't have two votes against me. Whew.

That's day one for you. :)

I don't want to jump on your bandwagon, but I detest the Moogle-suffrance movement that seems to have sprung up in these degenerate times. I therefore cast my first day !vote for Buzz Buzz. As if there was any other option. :lol:

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    This is going to be really harder than I thought. Everyone's suspicious of everyone else.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    Last SonLast Son Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Ardor wrote: »
    I'm just guessing tehspectre might have an item, or maybe infidel as well. There are 2 items per side according to the OP, so maybe they have some confidence that they will not die tonight.

On a death, items are transferred to a random person but skills are lost forever. Apart from that, there is no way to transfer an item.

Last Son on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I, for one, welcome our moogle overlords.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Two men step forward and claim a side. But what is the worth of their word?

A Larg? A Goltana? Time will tell. Prehaps tonight we shall see a Goltana shield save a Larg, how funny that would be.

Prehaps tonight we shall see a Goltana dagger dispatch a Goltana, or a Larg and Large, how funny indeed.

Be wary those who lends thine service to these men, for we can only be sure of one thing. These delcarers, spectre and infide,l ought to not hold the holy stones, otherwise they'd wish to avoid such scrutiny. But beyond that there lies to certainty.

As for moogles? Egads, I'd wish to avoid such competition.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    So what about them Holy Stones?

I hear they're evil.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Aye, most evil good sire.

But prehaps good for juggling.

On this I shall ponder.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ZerinanZerinan Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    So does that mean the juggler has the stones? Are you trying to give us hints? :P

Zerinan on
    6394_970621.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Read what you will into my words, but be wary of reading that which does not yet exist.

It tis still the first night, what hints would I have to give.

Besides, I'm the only one on the council skilled in such courtly entertainment as juggling or sword swallowing.

Unless....I have some secret competition!

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    It's cool I'll just entertain myself. I guess the best way to go about this game is to try to come together as different factions and find the stoners... and hope our vigilantes pick out the other faction. This is going to be a very interesting phalla, but I guess it's nice that we have a change.

Yeah the execution vote should be used to find zodiac stone holders since that is the only way that we can come together.
    This is going to be really harder than I thought. Everyone's suspicious of everyone else.

Well thats natural because if you think about it over 50% of your fellow posters are your enemies no matter what. The opposing knight side plus the 3 zodiac stoners on your own side. This makes the game very paranoid.

frandelgearslip on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You can't trust a chocobo, this has been proven true since ancient times. They always serve the side with the most greens.

Moogles are slightly more rational.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Last Son wrote: »
    Ardor wrote: »

On a death, items are transferred to a random person but skills are lost forever. Apart from that, there is no way to transfer an item.

Thanks, it's completely obvious I missed that part. I think it's time to go wake up and work out, maybe I'll think better afterwards.

Ardor on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    It would be the family people would be the vanguard of each side, I reckon.

Wearingglasses on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Man, trying to figure out the best strategy to win a game like this is doing my head in. So for now, I'll just think about the pressing topic of insta-networking.

I'm torn about these insta-network ideas. On one hand, there are too many unknown variables. The non-seer specials should remember that identifying yourselves to that player even after he claims to have been seered is risky. He could be a member of the opposing team trying to expose the enemy knight. He could be the enemy ninja and promptly kill you. Sure, maybe he gets seered, but what does he have to lose if he's an ordinary noble lying about which team he belongs to? Or a ninja, for that matter, since the ninja power gets transferred to another player. He'll get the chance to cause major damage to the opposing team before the enemy seer can securely get word out about his deception.

On the other hand, if the people making public claims are indeed what they say they are, a team could get a network going fast, giving them an advantage against the other team. But I'm not sure the advantages outweigh the risks. The knights would leave themselves exposed to random death, the odds of which increase every night, meaning they'd have to go back to defending themselves or the seer - assuming they actually get in contact - very soon.

The way I see it, a random noble coming out as a potential foundation for a team network doesn't seem solid or safe enough, because his own identity can't be confirmed securely. Does anyone have ideas to improve the plan?

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I would tentatively suggest that these revelations at least give the seers a useful starting point -- someone to look at first. After the reports come in, the seer then has somewhere to go, and a potential ally, and a potential mouthpiece. If they turn out to be imposters, then the network would simply have to grow in the normal (ie random) fashion.

I'd argue caution, obviously, but at the very least it provides the seers with a focus, which might be more useful than simple randomness.

GrimmyTOA on