Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[X-Wing] Forums Funtime Tournament [Round 1 - Start!]

ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
edited September 14 in Critical Failures
It's been an extremely long time since there was an X-wing league on the forums, so I'm stepping up to start a new one. As there is an X-Wing thread here I'm going to be a little lazy and leave the explanation to that thread.

Officially games will be run on Vassal using the X-Wing module, but if you want to use other software or even push real fake spaceships around on a table please feel free.

I'm going to keep sign-ups open for about a week, and decide on details once I know how many people we've actually got. Please go and fill out the sign up sheet here. Players won't be required to use the same list each round, as this is going to be a very relaxed, casual tournament.
Everyone is welcome to sign-up, from people looking at playing their first games to seasoned pros. You will have a week to get your game done, and games take roughly 2 ~ 3 hours on vassal, so please keep that in mind if you sign up.

There probably won't be prizes, certainly not anything big. I think that's everything that's needed, if you have any questions please post here in the thread and I'll try to answer ASAP.
Looking forward to getting some games in, and may the force be with you.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
Chrysis on
FuselageElvenshaeR-demcrimsoncoyote

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hyperspace, Quickbuild, or Extended for squad construction?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The Disappearance of Inigo Sharpe: Tomas à Dunsanin
  • ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Hyperspace, Quickbuild, or Extended for squad construction?

Knew I forgot something. My preference is for extended, everything available. We've got time to choose so I'll add a column to the sheet sometime today.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
    Elvenshae
    We're about half way through sign-ups, and sitting at 5 participants. A clear preference for Extended, so that looks like what we'll go for at this point. I'll be closing sign-ups Saturday night for me, at 9pm (or noon GMT), and working out the first round draw then.

R-dem
    Alright! Signups are over and round 1 has begun! As we have 5 players, someone has to take a BYE each round. I've volunteered myself round 1, if anyone else wants to volunteer for later rounds let me know.

Round1
    @R-dem vs. @ChaosHat
    @Phoenix-D vs. @Elvenshae
    Chrysis - BYE

Deadline will be 12 noon GMT next Saturday (the 14th), or more realistically sometime the next morning when I wake up. If the games are completed quicker, I'll start the next round when every result is in. Please let me know your kill points, and post a brief battle report in the thread.

May the Force be with you!

The 21st?

omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    Phoenix-DcrimsoncoyoteChrysis
    I'm bad at calendars first thing in the morning.

Elvenshae
  • R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    Well, crap. My computer just bricked. I'm gonna have to withdraw until I have fundage to fix it.

R-dem wrote: »
    Well, crap. My computer just bricked. I'm gonna have to withdraw until I have fundage to fix it.

Sorry to hear that. Alright, I'll swap you and I this week and drop you if needed. Good luck with the computer and hopefully next time.

edited 1:29AM
    @Phoenix-D and I are attempting our game tonight at 2200-ish Eastern on Vassal. I’ll drop a Discord link here, too.

EDIT: Discord link: https://discord.gg/3Uep7D

Elvenshae at
    omgbfz5lzi1s.png
    The game is afoot!

omgbfz5lzi1s.png