[OOC] Mage: The Awakening - The Carnival of Madness [PBP]

1235

Posts

  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Would this hierarch be someone we should know?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Depends on if your characters did any homework on the city or have background there, but at very least, they may have heard of him in passing or by reputation.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    With my character being in the Silver Ladder, I would like to see if I might know who that is. (Intelligence+Politics)

    Geth roll 5d10o10h8 for Remembering the Hierarchy

    Remembering the Hierarchy:
    5d10o10h8 4 [5d10o10h8=[10, 6], 8, [10, 5], 8, 3]

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Phoenix is very familiar with him, and knows he was well respected, if almost feared, and didn't suffer challenges to his leadership lightly, leaving his sudden disappearance all the more baffling.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Does he have a name or does he just go by the hierarch?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    He goes by the shadow name of Quadrangle. His true name is beyond you(and likely everyone else in the city).

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    I'm going to say Birdsong, being relatively new to all of this and the city in general, has no clue who or what a hierarch is

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    If he's met any others in the city, they may have given him the gist, but if this is literally his first go at it, someone will clue him in. (Probably)

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I guess I kind of assumed that the four of us loosely knew of each other. Maybe sort of the daycare version of a cabal, but the councillium was waiting for us to really prove ourselves in any given direction before bringing us into the fold.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    That's also possible, though I don't recall if we had a consensus on that or not.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Is this where I can use my Contacts merit to see I might know some Free Council members in the area?

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Sure, depending on your point of contact to them.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I mean, I'm out here because I think Feynman had some contacts in the area with Thredonists, probably people trying to get as close as possible to the Trinity Test site, and other similar paraphernalia.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    As far as you know, the local FC aren't too familiar with your Legacy, though you've picked up a name in passing, a local hustler who goes by Pixie. You don't have know a point of contact to her, but you can always ask around.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I assume I'm not going to be able to do much actual cold calling until we get out of this meeting, so I'd just offer it to the councillium (I assume this is the local councillium(I'm probably spelling that wrong, aren't I)) as a lead.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    It's relevant, so you could always bring it up. And Consilium, though I've never seen it spelled that way, and it makes sense too.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Can I take a look at the map with investigation to see if I notice any interesting details?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Can I take a look at the map with investigation to see if I notice any interesting details?

    Sure, roll wits+investigation.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited February 26
    Geth roll 3d10

    3d10 12 [3d10=6, 1, 5]

    Bucketman on
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    What would I roll to see if Hope knows anything helpful, or a Free Council who might?

    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Based on her stats, her best bet is to socialize and/or coerce it out of someone, it's unlikely she has the connections to know offhand.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 27
    Hope is going to try and make a good first impression. I don't know the exact roll, but it'll be a social stat + persuasion/socialize, so I'll roll 6 dice :P

    Geth roll 6d10o10h8

    6d10o10h8 2 [6d10o10h8=9, 5, 7, 8, 2, 1]

    El Skid on
    mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

    wrath God fear traitor evil
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Unless someone else had stuff they wanted to try and finagle here, do we want to hit the streets?

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
    Grunt's Ghosts
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah this room is beginning to feel...stifling.

    Grunt's GhostsBrody
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    If the group wants to bail and investigate elsewhere, they're welcome to.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Yeah I'm for putting our skills to use

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Hope received a lead on the local FC connection, so she'd be the cabal's best source of information. To the best of her knowledge, she's somewhere in the main casino hall.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Did we travel to Quadrangle's place or are we back at the casino that we met Roger in?

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Did we travel to Quadrangle's place or are we back at the casino that we met Roger in?

    I think we are still in the casino we met with Norah/Robinson in.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
    Bucketman
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Did we travel to Quadrangle's place or are we back at the casino that we met Roger in?

    I think we are still in the casino we met with Norah/Robinson in.

    That's correct, failing any portal shenanigans I'm not aware of...

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    I'm so glad I'm not playing my rhyming Malk in this game. Feels good to be able to play WoD without having to go to rhymezone to post.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    I take it no one is volunteering to leave their phone with Norah for investigation?

    0QcdpUO.png
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Phoenix isn't. I don't trust these people yet, and will not be giving them anything that has my name on it.

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    What would I roll for trying to track down Pixie's contact info?

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    What would I roll for trying to track down Pixie's contact info?

    Any active Mage sight would be a very big hint.
    You won't have to go far, the Blackjack player radiates Time aura.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    What would I roll for trying to track down Pixie's contact info?

    Now that I've caught the post in question, I assume he's using his contacts? Is he focused on the mana issue, or trying to track her down?

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    What would I roll for trying to track down Pixie's contact info?

    Now that I've caught the post in question, I assume he's using his contacts? Is he focused on the mana issue, or trying to track her down?

    Yeah, I edited my post, but I can change it back. I guess my thought was that most mages are going to have an idea of their local mana situation, and that FC members would be more likely to be living on the edges of town. So I was hoping to get a hold of her and see if she had any useful info on mana outside the strip/downtown.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »
    What would I roll for trying to track down Pixie's contact info?

    Now that I've caught the post in question, I assume he's using his contacts? Is he focused on the mana issue, or trying to track her down?

    Yeah, I edited my post, but I can change it back. I guess my thought was that most mages are going to have an idea of their local mana situation, and that FC members would be more likely to be living on the edges of town. So I was hoping to get a hold of her and see if she had any useful info on mana outside the strip/downtown.

    It's fine, it would have drawn you to the same conclusion. Your contacts would have confirmed what you already suspect, that she's already there.

    0QcdpUO.png
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Just want to apologize in advance, its been like 10 years since I played Mage so if I do something wrong, just let me know.

    Oh and also @cj iwakura we never did stat my bird, how do you want to do that?

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Just want to apologize in advance, its been like 10 years since I played Mage so if I do something wrong, just let me know.

    Oh and also @cj iwakura we never did stat my bird, how do you want to do that?

    We'll wing it as needed, depending on what you're using it for. ('bdmtsh')

    Also, if he brought the bird along, that would definitely raise some eyebrows.

    0QcdpUO.png
    Bucketman
Sign In or Register to comment.